4-21-Hla

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Well, I'm making no further changes to this claim. The modifications to the other claims are, as stated, minimal, and purely for the purpose of creating a better product.

But if you want to make this an issue, this can be revoked.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Uh... okay. Rules are rules you know. Even you have to follow them.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I just want to register my amazement that you wouldn't make some small fucking changes to match your claim to the others. Jesus man, it can't possibly have been that hard.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Just as a note in my defense, Theo's file made far more wide-ranging changes to several surrounding claims, and was clearly marked as doing so in his plan, without raising any comments.

TF, missing out that tiny corner of Nemon's claim would have required major sacrifices in this one if I'm looking to do the best job I can. Seeing as this change is very easily implementable, and as I say, a lot less dramatic than Theo's, I saw no harm in it. Sorry man.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

The borders need to be fixed so as to not make changes to neighboring cells. As it stands this alters other claims (adding statics and such) and includes those cells which it should not do. I'll just clean this basically.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

This tiny claim shouldn't have been marked as transition claim between 3 (!!!) regions in the first place (Yes, I count the WG mine and eastern belt as seperate region).

It is really hard to sandwich some reasonable transition in one cell wide belt. Either merge this claim with 4-9 and redo it to allow more reasonable transition or give it to some supermodder whou could create a belieavable terrain following your arbitrary conditions.

Let me remind you that whole finished claims have been revoked and scrapped and whole regions redefined, because moderators decided so, so there is no need to be anal with arbitrary claim-divisions from years long ago.

I do not think anyone reasonable could be seriously offended if I or BC raised a northern part of his claim a little bit and added a few statics.
THEO
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

That's not the problem, the problem is this was done without informing those claiments of neighboring claims or anyone else for that matter, and posting a file that edited their work. A bit of communication between modders would have been sufficient to get this done without any problems.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

As I say, Theo's plan made clear there were edits and so I was unaware of a different procedure. I assumed I was picking up where he left off.

I am also unsure which "problems" you are referring to.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I was aware of Theo editing 4-9 so that's ok. I'll have a look at this file uploaded with the other ones later, I can't see too many problems here...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

There really aren't besides the fact that it edits 4-49. I'll just have to clean it/make change to 4-49 so there's no overlap. The edited cells of 4-9 also need to be cleaned from the final file. Oh, and the northeast corner needs to be finished, its empty right now.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

So what the heck is the deal?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I'm going to grant this now
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Cleaned and finished file, ready for review.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Then Submitting to Review
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Which file am I supposed to use, Tyrion's? They all have the same date.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Fixed ground textures to match RR.
Attachments
TR_4-21-Hla.esp
(197.45 KiB) Downloaded 104 times