5-1-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Don't worry, like the water on Map2, that's the things i fix at the end.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Excellent :-)

That new change looks fine in the screenshot
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Update,

Here is the new version.
I must honestly tell that it's still big, i'm not sure it will answer the Thrig critics.

I will stop the work on this the time to finish Map2 and waiting to have a real acceptation or a real reject.

I have cut the Map5 including Cormaris and all the lands i would like to modd. Tell me if it's Ok.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I looked over the cells you've cut out, the choices are fine.

One question; TR_crate_cage.nif (in the meshes\tr\m directory) is no longer in TR_Data, however you use it about 3 or 4 times in Blacklight. Do you know if it's been renamed since, or removed? I'm not familiar with it at all.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

No idea, i'm a bit afraid to reinstall the complete system. This meshe is interesting, if possible we should keeping it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think it's just a problem of naming. I'm pretty sure the object is still in TR_Data, just under a different name and in a different folder. Can you take a screenshot of one up close so I know exactly what to look for?

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Possible, some others meshes may miss(broken urn...), i'll fix that at the end.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Double,

Forgot the pics:
I have ask to a friend to download BL, a list of rotten meshes will come in a week.
For now, he encounter problems with the broken urns, the crates and the WG cliffs.
Attachments
BrokenUrn.jpg
Crate _Cage.jpg
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

I've used BSA Browser on TR_Data.bsa (and the CS to make sure) and the meshes you named were all there. Here are their new names/locations.

TR_crate_cage.nif is in meshes\tr\o.

tr_urn_open.nif is now called tr_de_urn_open01.nif and is in meshes\tr\m.

TR_WG_Cliff_0[1-6].NIF are now called tr_terr_wg_cliff_0[1-6].nif and are in meshes\tr\x.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

New update with the new pitfloor, a lot of tech fix(urn,cliff...), and some detailing works.
I have also a problem with the TR_imp_Grille_ZY.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

For Harke and others,

About the Acropolis:
I propose the following Int,

Red: Temple, religious buildings...
Yellow: Rich(upper steps) and middle class(lowers)
habitations(using Int-Vivec system).
Blue: Administration, guilde, house... Any public, or quite, things.
White: Special, like connection buildings...
Some buildings may have several functions.

For the riches, the majority are in those Int of the Acro, but a few are dispatched all over the destroyed city in old manors.
The canal is a luxury market connected to the Int of the cliff. But lower part is dedicated to religious or cultural ceremony. It's also the entry to the Katacombs.

Harke, the city has maybee changed from the time of St Rilms, tell me if you need more infos.

Others districts are to come. If there is critics, please, tell them now or shut up.
Attachments
BL_CS_Acro3.jpg
BL_CS_Acro2.jpg
BL_CS_Acro1.jpg
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

In the third screenshot, what do you expect to be the purpose of those buildings? It seems there's as many with religious affiliation as there are living quarters of the upper and middle class.

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Yeah, good question, i haven't even thinck about it, it was just logical to my eyes.

It's a kind of religious district, all the buildings here have something to deal with religion. If it's no Lore suitable, no problem, it will become a very aristocratic area. I just have changed the big temple on the left, he could become a good governor mansion or else. But it must stay something different, look at the Pic.
There is on the other side a residential religious district too(on the cliff near the Imp fortress), in my mind, religion has a central place in BL.

Quite all the doors of the Pic1 open to Vivec Int, it's a residential area, the main one because 80% of the city around is ruined.
Attachments
BL_New_22.jpg
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

A part of the districts around the Acropolis:

yellow:Int
Purple(?):way to
white:special

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2371/blentryd1ap8.jpg
This is the main entry, this district is occupied by guards and middle class population, they is some merchants.

Yellow
1-2: guard fort, upper step is for administration, lower for guards. The Silltrider travellers must cross this house.
3-4: or a guard post, or belonging to some aristocrate the city trust.
5-6-7: middle class houses or shops.
Special
1-3: outside shops.
Purple:
1: to the big tower leading to Acro.
2: to a destroyed district.
3: to the shacks village.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8834/bldestrd1lo0.jpg
Destroy district leading to all directions.

Yellow
1-2: poor shop.
3-4-5: destoy.
7: isolated manor, belong to some powerfull and dark character.
6-8: aristocrate manor, the down part is ruined, but the upper still occupied.
9: ruined potery shop.
Purple:
1: from the entry district.
2: up.
3: To the Acropolis, this stair has been build after the cliff collapse on the district.(this is the only Hlaalu meshe, but i cannot use a Velothi).
4: to the ruined districts around Acro.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3742/blmaine1cn7.jpg
What was the main entry and the old settlement of BL. The bridge as been destroyed and the door remain close. The district is partly ruined.

Yellow
1: to the aristo manor.
2-3-5-7: D(destroyed)
4: commoner
6: commoner, balcony to the destroyed district.
8: this house have a trap door to the upper place and must be occupied by some quest character.
9: the normal way beetween the place and others districts. or guards, or some institution who take care-control the poors.
White
1: this district is 90% D. see next pic.
2: place squatted by homeless. maybee dangerous?
Purple
1: old gate, close.
2: bridge to outside,D.
3: step up, to Acro. step down to entry district.
4: way to the second entry.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6122/bldestrd2rm5.jpg
D district.

Yellow
1: balcony from house6.
2: a way to enter this D house.
Purple
1: step to the place of homeless.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1167/bldestrd3cx8.jpg
Upper D district occupied by homeless.

Yellow
1: to homeless-place, the9, guards or else.
2-3-4: D houses.
White
1: homeless camp
Purple:
1: to marsh-D-district
2: to homeless-place
3: to the second gates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2694/blmaine2wn9.jpg
The second gates, and the old and sleepy market place.

Yellow
1: guards post to exterior.
2: the great gates, open or close?? i prefer close.
3: occupied aristo manor.
4: shack of the market keeper.
5-6: D manor.
White
1: market, some merchants still come here, but the place is largely deserted.
2: D terrasse of a inn.
Purple
1: to the thief district or to the tavern.
2: to the main entry.
3: to the tavern.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/264/bldistrict2wb4.jpg
A thief (or any others kind in the same category)district build around an aristocratic manor and controling the old market, the tavern and one access to the harbor.

Yellow
1-2: the manor basis of the thiefs.
3-4-5-7: D houses.
6: occupied by thiefs and maybee communicating with Acro.
8: balcony from Acro Int.
Purple
1: to the market place and the tavern.
2: to the harbor.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1107/bldistrict1cc9.jpg
A place opening to the harbor.

Yellow
1: the tavern, under the control of the thiefs, an alive girl place for mariners.
2: manor.
3: entry to the main harbor.
Purple
1: to the lighthouse
2: to the D terrasse inn, to the thiefs district or the market place.
3: to the thiefs district.

Enough for today...
Sorry for style but it was too long to do.

It's 30% of BL and how i see the city. I want comments and critics. after this sery of thrieds i will no more touch the city.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

You know I always liked your layout of Blacklight (except the massive decoration, but they do not pose any problem for the core). I like to see BL coming alive. It will be truly unique game experience to wander through those magnificent, but ruined and scary parts of the town.
THEO
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

I have the same feeling, the big doors and some of the towers are too huge, and the canal is too long. Unfortunatly, i have no idea how fixing that without killing everything. I have try to shorter the canal ten times, but impossible.
That's a pity, but at the beginning i used Almexia and Narsis as standart(and nobody aware me)...
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i like it :) how many ints are there in all? i counted 48 in all, which seems good to me. can you get a file up so that i can take a look at it in detail?

[edit] wait, are there ints listed above only 30% of those in the city? that comes out to 160 interiors in the city, which is pushing it imho.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

It's around 25, the destroyed(D) buildings have no Int, or i count them. The Acro has maybee 20 and i will finish by the other side this week end.
The all city must be a bit under 100 with 20 shacks, but i already aware about it. And some of those Int are huge.
The last update is Ok, nothing will really change.

LN, please, take the time to look at the file carefully, then tell me if it's Ok or not, i start to be fed up by this reality show.

[EDIT too] If the core expect 50 Int, it's a bad idea, a lot of secondary cities are around 50. 80 seems Ok for me, if i remember well the count i did one month ago, i was a bit up but not much. The problems still remaining are the big Ints of the Acro(but some should be D), the presence of many D buildings(in my opinion, the districts around the Acro are a kind of wilderness, anyway only some points are secure), and like theo says,"the decorations". Well, i don't see what i can really do now.
And please goingame.

[Re] I just have count:
59 buildings and 15 shacks, 74 buildings.
But, some are huge as Vivec ones. I count 1 building for each step of the canal but it will be maybee more, it's impossible to know for the Acro.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Just for the record, Darconis has approximately 100 buildings, if we're looking for comparisons. (Though all those are fairly average sized)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

kebra wrote:
Harke, the city has maybee changed from the time of St Rilms, tell me if you need more infos.

Others districts are to come. If there is critics, please, tell them now or shut up.
I'll assume she was raised in the Acropolis.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ah, i didnt know that the destroyed buildings lacked interiors. 74 interiors is in my mind perfect. even if some are big its still a good count. you have my approval, but ill take a look ingame soon.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

That's the best to do LN, and please, critic hardly not to have to restart again.

About the "decorations", i'm reducing the Hlomaren tower from 1 to 0.80, they will be less hurting. It's a big work, i will have to redo half of the cliff.
I did it also for the Alien door, but it wasn't good, i finally let them at 0.95. So this structure will stay or completely be eradicate.

I will wait the LN critics before to consider the number of Ints OK.

Harke, a good place for your purpose is the central area of the canal, i will send a pic later.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Revoke
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Haplo, why is this one not revoked due to my "Modder's inability to update or deliver on promise of completion." Like you said.
You lake of courage?

I was in the mood to send some update, i will not, and wait for a little article where i will explain the inability of the core just to read thried. I took screenshots of all the discussion, it will be fun.

You are little.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

those claims were revoked because you hadn't posted in the thread since august, despite my asking for updates. BTW, we read the threads. This stink is about the detailing claim so lets move this discussion back over there.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

And if your were reading the thrieds you could knew that i ask not to update them because of the work on map2 and BL.
But that doesn't explain the way the things have been said.

TR is a nepotic system, who choice you, do you pay, what's your rights to give orders? And if you don't like the message, Hop the thried is close...

And please, Haplo, finish BL yourself, just to see if you are able to.
And revoke this, i'm not joking, it's an order, i just will keep the statut the time to explain you my point of vue!

Game Over.
Last edited by kebra on Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

WIll you ever come back, kebra?
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

No

But i will not leave before explaining in detail, in the public forum, why.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

kebra wrote:And if your were reading the thrieds you could knew that i ask not to update them because of the work on map2 and BL.
But that doesn't explain the way the things have been said.
You said in december 2006 that blacklight was nearly done and all you were still doing was detailing. Regardless of the recent overhaul it seems to me like even with the limited time remaining after your detailing claim, and figuring in the frequent breaks you took from the detailing claim to work on blacklight, this should have been finished by now. Also, you've had your detailing claim for over a year. I don't care WHAT you are doing to it, if you don't want to be pestered to finish it then don't take over a year with a high priority claim. As for your map 6 claims, if you weren't working on them you should have dropped them. If you were working on them you should have posted an update when I asked for one (or in the 7 months following)

Also, have you ever considered that you perhaps read something wrong and are over-reacting?
kebra wrote:TR is a nepotic system, who choice you, do you pay, what's your rights to give orders? And if you don't like the message, Hop the thried is close...
Society is the result of a mutual agreement between all involved parties.* Those who do not obey the rules of society do not receive its benefits. Also, we don't just close threads.

*as denoted in the license agreement
kebra wrote:Game Over.
I have said before that you do good work, but after a certain point that work isn't worth the trouble it results in. I wish you luck for your future.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

kebra wrote:Haplo, why is this one not revoked due to my "Modder's inability to update or deliver on promise of completion." Like you said.
You lake of courage?

I was in the mood to send some update, i will not, and wait for a little article where i will explain the inability of the core just to read thried. I took screenshots of all the discussion, it will be fun.

You are little.
Your selfish insults are not appreciated nor will they be tolerated. TR is an organization that opts for the most efficient and profitable outcome (like all organizations), which up until this point has been to work with you.

However, due to your severe inability to speak or comprehend English (the language of Tamriel Rebuilt by default), your inability to work at a decent pace, your inability to follow instructions (see citation 1)and respond with updates when asked several times, your unwillingness to adapt as TR adapts, or change your work as TR requires, this is no longer even close to 'the most efficient or profitable outcome', as I call it.

As for what work we will be using... we will use the latest WIPs if they are usable. If not, we will start from scratch. Common sense prevails.

kebra wrote:And if your were reading the thrieds you could knew that i ask not to update them because of the work on map2 and BL.
This is a blatant and utter lie. Don't expect anyone to believe it. Anyone interested can view the threads in question at their own liking to see for themselves.

Citation 1: Kebra was informed in my first post of the Detailing Claim #8 thread that that claim should and did take precedence over all other claims until it was finished. Throughout the duration of the claim, kebra mentioned stopping work on the detailing claim and working on Blacklight THREE times. Any other time 3 instances of ignoring an administrator like this and doing something one is told not to do results in a ban, so let the record show we were gracious upon you.

PS - I've deleted your double post, you should know better.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked as per modder's wishes and inability to complete the claim.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

you know, I just want to make something clear. (assuming you are still around kebra) We don't hate you or anything. You can still stick around and even claim stuff if you finish things. (Just don't expect to have as many claims at once though. Admittedly is partially our fault.)

I sort of get the feeling this all sort of snowballed out of control due to a lack of understanding.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant
Vernon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vernon »

Gee, I hope kebra comes back at some stage. He was a great modder - I still remember his first claim! was bewdiful
welp
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Hey Sload, got any progress/screenshots for us?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked per user request, and locked for the time being.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers.

[url=http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2835/mwmap5.jpg][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2835/mwmap5.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Also, some discussion on Baan Malur was made in admin some time ago, this picture might serve as an inspiration for city concept planning: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/stanley/bm.png

A city design is required to claim this claim. The claimer is free to do pretty large alterations to the landscape provided in the height map file (see first page) if that is necessary to create this city. As of now four cells have been reserved, if more are needed please include that in the city description and why.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Derp.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Grabbing this as I am working on it.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »