Faction: Dres
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_6-3-Dre_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_6-3-Dre_Thrignar Fraxix_2.esp

---

Silnim
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Arcadea is on an extended vacation, and is unable to finish this. Revoked.
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

I'll take this one, but one question. What is the description for this?
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Weird, I could have sworn this claim was finished already. This claim is on hold until I figure out what is up to it.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
DarkEclipse

Post by DarkEclipse »

Alright, I'll wait on this one.

Same thing happened a while ago with another exterior...
Vagara

Partial

Post by Vagara »

If you don't find anything on this... I have a Sep 2004 partially completed 6-3 esp.

Let me know if you want it...

Ben
I'm probably not the most popular Nord around these parts...
Vagara

Old esp attached...

Post by Vagara »

Just realized that there is no reason not to just attach the old file...

Silnim Dale is a mid-size Dres town, home to a few large plantations.

This file is only partially completed (less than 20 buildings and some undetailed territory) using the Dres architecture models that were "official" in Sep 2004. If the Dres models have changed, whoever completes this will need to do a little extra work.

Ben
Attachments
Silnim Dale 6-3.esp
Sept 2004 work in progress...
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 179 times
I'm probably not the most popular Nord around these parts...
kingfish
Developer Emeritus

Post by kingfish »

locked untill the dres set is decided
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

İ can take that one like a complement to the 6-43.

Before to claim i need the autorisation, i already have two ext in work. But, i suppose that we are just a few to pursue the work with MW...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Dammit! I wanted this one because Sinim Dale is in it (I've wanted to make a city claim since joining TR). I've been busting to get my other claim done so I could get this before anyone else :lol:
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

İ already stold you the 6-43... İt's for you.

No really? You did no cities? Double pleasure for me to give up the claim. And i have BL.

İ just beg you to let my doing the river mouth near my claim.(1 cell i think)

PS: did you finished the mushrooms cave? İ'm curious.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I finished Odimasadra (the mushroom cave) last year IIRC :lol: If I get the claim, you can have the river mouth. :) Thanks :]
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Great.

İt's two cells in fact.

İmpossible that Nomadic1 let not a citie behind him.
Enjoy.
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Offtopic: I want to make city too! (But remaking of some old Dres cities could do)
THEO
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Claiming. Will make Silnim Dale in the Velothi tileset, but won't start until my other exterior claim is finished.
Theo, if I see another city claim available one day, I'll buzz you :)
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

Granted
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

You made a city in 6-37, didn't you? :P
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Hardly. One Molag Mar canton and three buildings is not making a city :p (though I forgot about that claim)
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Good luck! it's a pretty big city, I'd say between 30 and 50 buildings, if i'm not mistaken. It'd be a shame to start over from scratch; perhaps the original layout is still somewhat slavageable.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Well, we'll see. When I take over a claim, I don't like to delete everything a previous modder has done (but I have had to before). But alarm bells are ringing since it is so old and it uses the Dres architecture.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

perhaps the original LAYOUT is somewhat salvageable. :P
As much as I personally disagree with the decision, I know all the old dres buildings are saying adieu to existence.
Adieu to Existence sounds like the name of an emo band.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Okay I've had a look at Vagara's work and the surrounding Map 6 claims in the main file. And shit is there a nice claim to the north. I mean it's fucking excellent. Probably the best exterior claim I've ever seen. You really should check it out.

Anyway, I can't use Vagara's work. It seems the claim was cut up at some time after he posted that file, since a large portion of the claim is now in 6-43. I can see what he did with Silnim Dale despite there only being a bunch of "!"s everywhere, but it was too small. But I can still use that for inspiration. But the file doesn't appear to match borders with what is there nowadays. He really only seemed to have started the ground textures and a few plantations, so it's not like I'm trashing his real work.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Nom, let me now if your work has advanced, i will start the cells close to your claim and we could work together to do something clean.
I just update mine, you can download it from the page two.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I haven't done anymore of this claim. I got distracted by the Map 2 Detailing. And now my brother has taken the CS CD while I get acquainted with Oblivion on someone else's computer so it might not get worked on for a while yet.

If you want this claim, you can have it. I don't think much will be done on it for a good while.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Could be, what's possible is that i do the lanscape, until the time you will be ready to take over the hand to make the city.
But, but, but, i doubt Noir accept it. İf not tell me wich vegetation, rocks... you want using.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Unlocking. Use file above for reference for the town if you wish.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claiming. (first exterior claim!)

ok, I see a city. It about the same size as balmora (larger? smaller?). Velothi buildings will be used. A dome is ok for a councillor's manor correct? I will include a temple seeing as the dres are traditionalist. (are the dres banners in TR_Data, or should I use generic placeholders) I'll match borders, I will add the roads and the rivers using AI textures, and I will work on this only after I want to stab my detailing claim (btw, interiors are progressing well on that front)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant! Use the Dres banners if they're in TR_Data. (I think they are) Also, yeah, a dome is good. No hurries, it's map 6.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Haplo wrote:Grant! Use the Dres banners if they're in TR_Data. (I think they are)
They most definitely are. Though not "city name" banners, as for now we only have Map1 & 2's.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

He, good luck for your first.

When Nomadic1 claimed that, i asked him to do the river mouth, is that still OK?
In fact, i would like to do a bold-on with my claim, the river mouth and the volcano. That's illogical to have those places not interconnected togheter, so...
Last edited by kebra on Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

so for city name banners I use the generic dres banner model and create the specific Silnim Dale activators?

edit: @Kebra: huh?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

I checked the file, and the topmost four cells to the north of your claim need to be deleted. They are part of my 6-40, and I already moved them into my plugin.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Look up, the conversation with Nomadic1.

The river who cross my claim born in yours but only for two cells close to mine. So, i asked to Nom to finish the river in is claim.(remember, i claim this the first and then he asked me to let him the possibility to modd a city...)

But, it's up to you, of course.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

although I haven't worked on this for a while I feel I should update you guys. I have the slave shop done, the councillor manor done, the walls done and the strider port. outside the city I have an ancestral tomb. Still a lot to do and I look forward to finishing this when I get the chance.

Edit: The file is on my computer, not my flashdrive. Progress on this has stopped until I can retrieve the file.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I worked on this a little bit. The manor district is mostly done, as is the silt strider port. I am trying to decide whether to leave in or take out the river strider port. Anyway, map 6 interior claims will be fun as the velothi set pretty much allows for you to throw random buildings on top of each other and still have a cool (and reasonable) looking finished product.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Screenshots!
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SilnimDale1.jpg]Slave Pit, and some MC houses.[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SilnimDale2.jpg]Manor District with the councilor's house in the middle.[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SilnimDale3.jpg]Strider port with some LC houses[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SilnimDale4.jpg]An aerial view of the wall, gates, bridge, dock, and temple. More coming soon[/url]

Questions, Comments, etc. welcome.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That's a long wall... But really cool. Could you take an overhead pic (hit b first to turn the cellgrid on) or two so I can get a better feel of it?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SilnimDale5.jpg]I managed to fit it in one, although it cut off a bit on the edges. based on my other screenshots you should be able to logically figure out the exact borders. BTW I retooled the south entrance to look more like the northern most. I think I will upload the file too, please note it is dirty ATM.[/url]
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Also can you add a prefix TR_ to all the cells in your claim (just like interiors)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Where is the next closest imperial fort? Would one be suitable here?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo