6-26-Dre

Moderator: Lead Developers

PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Hey guys & gal, glad you like it. :)

Sload was right about the vivec bridge. Its a walkway were the slavers can easily see into each pen. At one end, is the tower, where masters pay for their new servants. At the other end, I see it as a barracks type place for the slavers, or something of that sort.

The one problem with the bridge, is that the pillars cut into it, which I don't think neccesarily looks out of place, but I wish they served a purpose besides possible toe stumping...
SirWoot wrote:And is the entrance you kept the one with all the steps from the marshy area? I hope so, it's meant to be the one actually used most of the time.
I'm not certain what you mean on that, but I might. From the Argon Jungle-like swampiness, there is a way that leads up towards the poor section, and another that leads up to... something.

As regards the WG trees by the waterfall, I don't see any logic in mixing AJ flora into it. While the majority of that cell IS jungle, that part is WG. However, if anyone would like to further argue that idea, you are welcome to do so.
Kebra wrote:Just great. May i steel you some ideas? Smile
Sure, Kebra. Steel me some ideas. :lol: No guarantee that I'll use them, though. :D
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I was talking about the daedric ruin, with the stairs. sorry 'bout that.

It doesnt make sense geographically or naturally to have a sudden shift in region style just because a line on a map might suggest so. in 6-22, zalz did that all the time and the end result ended up looking horrible - so bad that I have to redo the equivalent of four cells to prevent myself from saying "ugh" aloud every time I hover over them.
The mountains are what locks in the jungle's moisture, which is why its weather patterns and vegetation are so different. and as such, dry-climate WG flora simply doesnt belong. If you use AJ flora and grass (BC) textures, but with WG rock textures, it should look peachy. It'd look really bad to have one side of the mountain be WG rocks and the other side BC rocks, though - again with the whole sudden inexplicable region shift.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

sirwootalot123 wrote:I was talking about the daedric ruin, with the stairs. sorry 'bout that.
Ah, yes. That is the one entrance I kept :D
sirwoot wrote:It doesnt make sense geographically or naturally to have a sudden shift in region style just because a line on a map might suggest so. in 6-22, zalz did that all the time and the end result ended up looking horrible - so bad that I have to redo the equivalent of four cells to prevent myself from saying "ugh" aloud every time I hover over them.
The mountains are what locks in the jungle's moisture, which is why its weather patterns and vegetation are so different. and as such, dry-climate WG flora simply doesnt belong. If you use AJ flora and grass (BC) textures, but with WG rock textures, it should look peachy. It'd look really bad to have one side of the mountain be WG rocks and the other side BC rocks, though - again with the whole sudden inexplicable region shift.
I still fail to see the logic of mixing flora of one type with the rocks of another. You do realize that the WG trees of interest are near the top of that redone waterfall, right? I have to believe that THAT is the source of miscombobulation, because otherwise, you're still not making any sense.

Further, if you look at Vvardenfell, mountains are many a time THE line of climate change. One side will be BC, while the other side is suddenly WG. So, I don't see your argument there, even.

Last but not least, this and 6-8 (which I was just about to do some things in) are on temporary hold until I can figure out why the heck the CS keeps crashing on me, for absolutely no apparent reason.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

ahhh, makes perfect sense now... but why WG? the top of that plateau is actually AI. only the mountains themselves are WG, the region map's a little complex around there.
Besides, a bit of region-mixing is good. makes the land stand out from vvardenfell a bit more - like what I did with the NEmost cell, using GL and MH trees in an otherwise WG area; and then with balsan mar having it slowly transition from dry WG-ish to black marsh style.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

sirwootalot123 wrote:ahhh, makes perfect sense now... but why WG? the top of that plateau is actually AI.
If there's any problems with any region/terrain specific items, then it was your doing. That waterfall is what remains of the huge one that you placed, with WG rocks/cliffs on either side. I've done very, very little as far as rocks and the like goes.

So... why WG? Because you made it WG. :P
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Burn.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I dont have time to write a winded explanation, but in short, only the rocks are WG. the flora and grass is either AI or AJ, depending on elevation. gotta run!
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

This claim belongs to...
POHA!!!
He knows what he is doing, please stop trying to hold his hand.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I dunno, it's almost like some weird mother instinct... while he may be raising 6-26 to maturity and adulthood and teaching it life's toughest and most important lessons, I gave birth to it, and feel like I cant totally abandon it. of course he has total artistic freedom, but I feel a want to be involved in it still, even if it is something as tiny as random suggestions.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Riiiight...

Well, its been a while, and Dexter wants an update, or else he'll shoot a melon into the air with his trusty bow...

I've updated the .esp, and I invite anyone and everyone to play what I've done to Balsan Mar, and see what you can find.

Does that mean I haven't been working on the jungle itself? Yes, yes it does mean that. I actually haven't done much at all to the jungle, or at least its been a while since I have.

Regardless, I've also uploaded some new pics, which can be found in [url=http://photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/]This Album.[/url]

Included in this album is the following:

- [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/BMTop.jpg]Top Down view of Balsan Mar[/url]
- [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/BMTopExplained.jpg]Another top down view, but with places noted[/url]
- [url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/StriderAndOneEyedArg.jpg]And three[/url]
[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/ViewFromGuardTower.jpg]of my favorite[/url]
[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y171/PoHaEiFor/BalsanMar/FunWithBridges.jpg]pics from Balsan Mar.[/url]

And now, I await the angry mob. :)
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Fantastic! As I regretted much the previous Balsan Maar had to be redone, I must admit this one looks even better. However I hope you will smooth the vetexes and add some smole flora here and there is the land looks quite unnaturaly edgy and empty on some places.
THEO
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Only two criticisms at all, because otherwise it rocks!
one would be that you need to move the silt strider, right now you have him in black marsh territory... :-P
also, why would they put ugly WG flora in the planters? keep in mind that, were the town not there, the naturally growing flora would be a sort of blend of WG, black marsh, and argon jungle... though thats more aesthetic preference than anything else. I'd also suggest WAY more detail on alot of the buildings, but of course you aren't done yet so that'll come along eventually.

I absolutely love how you kept the vertical theme of the city - where the main road is almost more like a chasm. I also like how you blended it into the cliffs.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Updated. Minor fixes from the last version.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Dropped as per modder request.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

İ love this work.

This map is close to mine and i would like claiming it.
But, it's again all TR rules, so, i will wait to have an autorisation (or not).
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Hey kebra, is there any chance you'd prefer to work on map2 detailing? :)
We're just about to start serious work on it, and your help would be massively appreciated.
*wheedle*
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Prefer? İ don't now.
But OK Lud.

Anyway, if nobody ask for the 6...
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

*hugs kebra*
Have a looky [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=191773]here[/url]
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Open for claiming
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I've been looking over this and wouldn't mind claiming it. Since map 6 isnt much of a priority right now hopefully I'll have plenty of time to work with it. Anybody mind if I hit the claim button?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Why would anyone have a problem with you claiming something?

Take it - before I do :twisted:
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Feel free mate, I know you'll do a good job :-)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Sure, and do it quikly, we all are after this claim.

Oh, i will send you my borders, i change a bit the things in the area.
Happy modding.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Its MINE *mwaha*

Terrain looks like its been laid out so I'm going to add statics and change textures and basically build on top of the foundation thats already there.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Granted! Here's to making one rock-solid awesomesauce claim!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I'm throwing a pinch of fantasmagoric into my awesomesauce.

Anyway, I'll go a bit more into detail of what I'm going to do.

Balsan Mar only gets minimal changes made, mostly where old dres pieces are missing and where some architecture looks a little hokey. There are really strange colors used in vertex shading like blue greens and bright greens that need to be remedied. Most of the landscape needs detailing, touching up, total redoing, or some sort of change. However most of the land is already set in place and I'm not going to change that much, just build over top of it. The dwemer ruin appears to have disappeared so I've got to build that from scratch, and I've yet to give the daedric ruin a close inspection. Textures need to be changed too. Basically this is like one of those really run down old houses. You know it's going to look great but right now the bathroom is covered with mold and we've got a leaky roof, no offense to anyone who worked on this previously.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

What I've done so far:

Finished everything between Balsan Mar, Mehret Plantation, and the daedric ruin with the very long name. Started on the swamps today and I'll be at it on and off all day (it's one of those lazy days where I roll out of bed and turn on the computer... which is like most days come to think of it) so I'll post another WIP by the end of the day.

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

[url=http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledpf4.jpg][img]http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6595/untitledpf4.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Should I keep both entrances or is only one going to be used?

Just to see what I've been up to.

[url=http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledkd1.jpg][img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6765/untitledkd1.th.jpg[/img][/url]
some new jungle

[url=http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitleduk5.jpg][img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/15/untitleduk5.th.jpg[/img][/url]
new jungle closer to Balsan Mar

[url=http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledhp7.jpg][img]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4301/untitledhp7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Mehret Plantation

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

keep both of 'em :-)

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Could I add a third entrance? The part of the ruins above the entrance on the right is sorta just...there, and there's no access to it because the plateau is surrounded by cliffs. Since the ruin is set into the cliffs I think that might add a nice vertical feel to the ruin with entrance/exits at different levels. That way you could also get up to the top of the plateau that overlooks the rest of the ruins, the swamps/jungle, and Balsan Mar.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

As long as it flows, you can add another entrance. And good job with the claim, looking better and better :-)

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Should I get rid of the npcs? Many of them are missing heads... and I'm pretty sure npcs will be added later.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes, get rid of all NPCs.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

So, some changes. Remove Balsan Mar, and move it a tad bit south. Then make it a small village with shacks. I know this is a big hassle, but it's something that must be done! Thank you!

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Did I hear you right, get rid of Balsan Mar? I'll do it but do you mind if I ask why?

I haven't really touched this in a while but I'll start again with this I guess. It's not that big a problem since Balsan Mar was fairly compact to begin with.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

its too big, not on the map, too close to silnim dale, and not fitting for its location. (also, why the hell does it have NPCs and interiors?)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

also, why the hell does it have NPCs and interiors?
My bad. Too crazy I went in the weeks before OB's release. IIRC, there's a faction for the Dres that I added, some dialogue, and a quest in there too. Yes, I know. BAD PoHa! Bad!
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

yes... yes indeed. However we forgive you, especially if you come back and actively mod again.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I removed all the npcs but never posted the cleaned file. Doing that now.

edit: Removed Balsan Mar, its basically just a big hole in the ground I'll get to work on the new settlement soon. Whats its name, or does it even have a name, or is it still Balsan Mar?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

call it what you will as long as it is a tiny shack town. btw, could you move the road back from the border with my claim a little bit?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo