i3-50-Ind

Moderator: Lead Developers

Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Claiming!

Do I need to give a detailed description for this? It will be manor-y, with a grand entrance, wide and pleasant, bedrooms for the servants, yada yada.

How many members of the Sandil family live here?
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Thats good enough for me, I trust you.

As for the family that is best left up to Why.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

A lot. Think extended family. This really is a clanstead, so large living quarters, private bedrooms, private study for Alveth, dining room, kitchen, house shrine, servants and slaves. Feel free to build into the rock if you need to, but at the same time keep accommodations for anyone but Alveth and his wife small. Be sure to create a logical layout for the place too - the different parts of the family might want some privacy. For instance, Alveth and wife at the top of the southern tower, his children below them, central room in the middle, shrine in the east in a room built into the rock, Alveth's widow brother, and his sister with her husband and child in the northern complex, his wife's mother in a room near the shrine, and the slaves' quarters near the kitchen in the basement. Servants can live elsewhere nearby. I made that all up just now so feel free to do it differently, or add space for even more family, but that's the kind of extended family I'd love to see here.
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Thank you, Why. This is really helpful. And answers another question I had: they have slaves.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Got an update for me Osidian?
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Here's a file.

A lot of stuff may or may not be changed later. I'll probably have to split the kitchen area into another cell too.

Can the (paid) servants live somewhere else? I already have 7/8 rooms for Sandils + a room for the 3 slaves. I'm not sure about adding even more, but if there's no alternative, it's ok.

Also, Indoril Triffith was a Sandil right? The study/chill-out/parlour room has a display area for a family heirloom (I've put a placeholder there for now), I'm imagining something from the hero himself. If he's not from this family, than I'll just take the book and lectern away.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Yes, free servants live next door, and Triffith was definitely a Sandil. Be creative with the heirloom.

edit: looking good, this claim!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Quick update from the story department!

Both of Sandil's children (one male, one female) should be single.
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

It's also time for the monthly update: there's no update...

I don't have a lot of free time lately. I'll get something done next month.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Get anything done this month?
Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Not really, sorry. I'd still like to keep it, if that's ok.

I probably won't be able to work on it until next month though...
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I know your situation, I'm ok with it.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

And next month rolls around. Any updates?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Annnnddd the next, next month rolls around. Revoked.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

May I claim this interior?

Claim Plans

Judging from what I've seen present in Obsidian's submitted work, I think I'll be using his submission as a basis for going forward when beginning work on the claim. Also, I intend to structure the claim in accordance with Why's previous post on the matter:

"A lot. Think extended family. This really is a clanstead, so large living quarters, private bedrooms, private study for Alveth, dining room, kitchen, house shrine, servants and slaves. Feel free to build into the rock if you need to, but at the same time keep accommodations for anyone but Alveth and his wife small. Be sure to create a logical layout for the place too - the different parts of the family might want some privacy. For instance, Alveth and wife at the top of the southern tower, his children below them, central room in the middle, shrine in the east in a room built into the rock, Alveth's widow brother, and his sister with her husband and child in the northern complex, his wife's mother in a room near the shrine, and the slaves' quarters near the kitchen in the basement. Servants can live elsewhere nearby. I made that all up just now so feel free to do it differently, or add space for even more family, but that's the kind of extended family I'd love to see here."

For the most part, I'll be using the resources already present in Obsidian's submission (barring an obvious difference in design choice, etc) and Why's preferences for the interior. It's unlikely that the interior will expand into the rock to any significant degree (unless there are some issues with regards to space, and with exceptions being granted to the shrine).

The furniture I intend to use will be de (dunmer), with varying degrees of quality with accordance to the location and the function of the room it is present in (for example, you won't be seeing any rich furniture in the slave quarters). light settings will mimic other Almalexia interiors (barring any special preferences).
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Sounds good. I trust ya to do a good job with this! Granting.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Thanks Stryker! I'll get to work then.

Also if anyone has any cool/creative ideas that they think would improve the claim, feel free to post about it.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Feel free to experiment with the lighting settings a bit, I'd imagine a noble's manor to be more pleasingly lit than most places and poor lighting has been a pet peeve of mine for a while now. Oh, and please make the Triffith-memorial thing in the lower southern bit of the central cell less pronounced, chances are that character will be marginalized a bit. But if you could save that one bench, or produce something equally inviting, you'd make me very happy :D

Got any news?
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Hey Why, My plan was to get the the Northern and Southern Quarter cells completed before I started altering the central cell, but I'll try to implement your suggestions in the next upload (if not the then, then certainly the one after). As for progress, I've completed the Southern Tower cell, except for the main quarters of the Councilor himself, the reason being is that I can never seem to settle on the layout of the room itself. I want it to be visually impressive, but also a place that you'd expect someone to live in (that's just me being pedantic :)) ).

By the way, as I was setting up the layout for the first floor of the Southern Quarters Cell, I inadvertently managed to create some extra space behind the stairs leading to the second floor (seen in the pictures at the bottom of the post). I was wondering whether on not it would be appropriate to add say a servant's room there or whatnot? Otherwise I will probably end up using it for something else (I haven't really made up my mind on what yet).

Thanks for the feedback Why! :)
Attachments
Untitled 2.png
area leading to the space
(577.71 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Untitled.png
The actual layout of the space itself
(543.71 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The servants were going to live next door but that int has been given a somewhat more religious tint now. Ehh, I'm not sure if we want an in-house servant. Probably not, to be honest. Actually, a bodyguard should work. But try a more discrete kind of approach, not your typical big guy in armor but a spellsword or something along those lines.

Oh, and feel free to expand the shrine to the point where multiple members of the family and a priest can realistically be there at the same time.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

That's an excellent idea (both the bodyguard and said bodyguard being a spellsword or such).

As for the shrine, I honestly hadn't given it that much thought, but I'll see what I can conjure up in that regard.

Not to sound like a broken record, but thanks for the feedback Why. :)

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Not a problem. The shrine should be a bit of a focal point in any Indoril place so it's more than okay if you make it stand out a bit. And don't let my suggestions determine your working order, just have fun and do what you do best.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

I appreciate the sentiment Why, but all your feedback is capable of doing is improving my working order, not impeding it :) , so whenever you or anyone else thinks that a particular aspect could be changed etc. to improve the interior, I would be more then willingly to consider them, it's no trouble whatsoever.

Osidian
Reviewer

Post by Osidian »

Hey!

Just dropping by to apologise for disappearing on this one. I'll come back to TR soon though :) (ideally claiming smaller ints that I can finish)

About the shrine, I also though about making it bigger but I was afraid it would be too big, even for the Sandil family home, so I went with the 3x2 size.

Keep up the good work, Matin.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update

Partially completed detailing on the Southern Cell.

The amount of work is a little disappointing, considering that I wanted to have the whole cell finished by now, but I was unfortunately being crushed by the amount of work I've had to do recently, and was hampered in my ability to do further work on the claim.

And thanks @Osidian, you did some pretty good work with the claim yourself, especially with the main/central cell (in particular, those cushions at the southern end near the study on the first floor) excellent work! :)

Oh, as for future plans, THIS CELL WILL BE DESTROYED-I mean finished, and I hope to make significant headway into the northern cell by the time of the next upload (which, hopefully, should occur sooner then a month, circumstance permitting).

Also, does anybody know how to place opened books in the editor? It's one of the few basic things I still haven't learned about interiors and I'll need to use them throughout the claim, I'd appreciate it.

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Matin Sanguine wrote: Also, does anybody know how to place opened books in the editor? It's one of the few basic things I still haven't learned about interiors and I'll need to use them throughout the claim, I'd appreciate it.
You mean on lecterns? You just gotta rotate them carefully using the values in the item information box until its right. Kind of tedious, but the precision and attention to detail is necessary.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

There are opened and closed variants for some books, if you want an opened variant of a book that doesn't have one yet I suppose you should create a new version using the opened version of the mesh. Ideally those are added to TR_Data rather than being claim-specific, for obvious reasons.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Well I totally misinterpreted what Matin Sanguine was asking? Thank's for coming along to provide him with actually useful advice, Why.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update Oveview

The southern cell is, for all intents and purposes, completed. it requires a little bit more detailing in certain areas of it, and may undergo several minor changes, but as a whole I'm satisfied with it.

I've also managed to get to work on the northern cell, the work in which *should* be completed by the next update.

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Hey, Matin. How goes this?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Hey Stryker, sorry about not replying earlier as well as missing the month deadline, I only recently just got back from another city. I'll strive to ensure it doesn't occur again.

Anyway, to the update!

Update Overview

The northern section of the manor has been completed. It may require some minor edits and polishing later on if the inclination struck me but overall, I'm satisfied with how it is.

One really irritating issue I encountered was the fact I has to accommodate the use of "Ex_MH_Palacewin_03" on the exterior of the building by matching it in the interior. That window in particular (from what I can tell) is slanted to fit the gently curving nature of the buildings of the exterior MH tileset. Unfortunately, as there is no special interior piece (unless I missed it) that is present to accommodate it, I was forced to jam the exterior windows onto the walls of the interior to correspond with the ones outside. However, the main issue arose from the fact that because the slanting nature of the actual window itself is meant to accommodate the exterior MH buildings, I was forced to make it bleed to extraordinary proportions into the walls so that it wasn't possible to see it floating off the wall, creating an ugly/poor but workable solution. (pictures are attached). So if anyone has a more elegant solution to this, I would really like to know.

Anyway, I also began work on carrying out Why's before mentioned modifications to the temple/shrine room and the location of the Triffith memorial site. I should stress that it is still early days for those locations and that anything you see there is merely an early WIP.

I also began sorting out the furniture in the kitchen and making minor edits to the servant's room, all of which still needs more work.

That's about it really.
Attachments
Frontal view within the interior.png
Frontal view within the interior.png (271.25 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
Sideways view from within the interior.png
Sideways view from within the interior.png (139.24 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
Window on exterior.png
Window on exterior.png (129.07 KiB) Viewed 4499 times

Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Update Overview

-I've finished expanding the temple room to 3x3
-I added dinnerware to the dining table
-I completed detailing to the kitchen, adding foodstuffs and cutting boards and whatnot
-Added in two more chests to the servant's room
-Made a few minor changes to the memorial site, but honestly, I still haven't made up my mind on what I want to do there.

Major stuff that still need to be completed

-Making a few minor touches to the kitchen before splitting it off to another cell
-Finalising lighting settings (urgh)
-Completing changes (if any) to the memorial site
-Add plants to the Southern Quarters planters in the central lower level
-Finish a few minor polishing elements to the North and South Quarters (positioning, rotation etc.)
-Do a review of all objects to ensure that I eliminate as many cases of bleeding, floating and caspering I can find.

The things listed above would have been completed and submitted in this update, but I was unfortunately in the process of dying under a mountain of revision for exams I just finished completing today, so apologies if it appears that progress is a little slow.

The next update should be the final one, barring a freak of nature event from occurring.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just a heads up, you're close to one month since your last update! :)
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Aeven: Thanks for the heads up, but believe me, the deadline for any claim I have hangs heavy on my guilty conscience. :)

Update Overview

Major Changes

-Finalised the lighting settings for each of the cells
-Added a few more lights sources throughout the cells
-Fixed a few minor bleeding and floating issues
-Split the Kitchen area into it's own cell
-Added DoorMarkers to connect the cells
-Finished the garden area in the South Quarters
-Added extra table and some chairs to the South Quarters cell
-Edited the Memorial site in order to make it less prominent (I merely moved it to the side, I liked the elements present there already to such extent that I decided to keep them).
-Filled the bookshelf in the upper quarter of the South Quarters cell
-Cleaned the claim

The claim is essentially finished; potential floaters, bleeders and other design flaws aside. However, the reason why I haven't submitted the claim for review is actually got to do with the Indoril Triffith memorial site itself, namely the artifact that will be present there. The issue arises from the fact that I'm quite unfamiliar with any TR conventions or guidelines for naming or creating new objects. I would have dealt with my lack of knowledge sooner (considering it is relatively minor issue and easy to deal with), but I was getting hamstrung by work taking up some of my time as well as prioritizing other issues with the claim (namely lighting *shiver*), pushing back on dealing with this issue until the last possible moment. Unfortunately, this meant that when I finally got around to completing the artifact, I found myself without the necessary knowledge to do so, and to compound it, I had essentially reached my deadline by then and thus was unable to address the issue in time to complete and send this claim off to review (as was my previous intention). Considering that this is relatively small issue, it should take a small amount of time for me to both ask/find out about TR custom object conventions, as well as go about creating a suitable artifact for the Indoril Triffith memorial.

So in a related note, can anybody tell me about any naming or creation guidelines that TR has about custom objects, or link me to a place that explains this in detail? I'd very much appreciate it.

Also, I've got my own designs (Is a fishing pole okay by the way? :), just an idea) intended for the artifact in the memorial, but if anyone has any ideas that they would like to put forward, I'm more than willing to listen to them.

Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Easy way to deal with your problem with that window is rotating the walls.
Attachments
pic.JPG
Not a best pic but gives general idea.
(94.22 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I suppose that would work. Also maybe check out what I did for the same window in i3-42-Ind.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

I see, thanks for the help on those windows (the amount of bleeding I had to do was ridiculous), I'll see what I can do in that regard by the next update.

But the main point of my previous post is that I want to create an artifact for the Indoril Triffith memorial site located in the lower southern area of the central cell, but I'm not familiar with how TR handles custom objects (Such as how they're named, etc.), thus meaning I had to delay doing so until I figured it out.

So on that note, what are the TR naming guidelines and such for objects that are "created" by interior modders for specific claims?

PS: Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post about what the issue I was talking about was, though I appreciate the help on the windows nonetheless.
Last edited by Matin Sanguine on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey Matin!

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=3837]Try this guideline[/url]. It should be able to help you.
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Finished.

I created the artifact (a shield) for the memorial, rotated the Northmarkers slightly, cleaned my claim and made a few other minor changes to the interior.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review