Developer Emeritus

i3-260-Ind

Post by Swiftoak »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-260-Ind (#560)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i3-260-Ind_Swiftoak Woodwarrior_1.esp; TR_i3-260-Ind_Tes96_1.esp; TR_i3-260-Ind_Tes96_2.esp; TR_i3-260-Ind_Tes96_3.esp

---

Almalexia 21,-28 Dockworker Housing.

Exterior in M3A6 http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206&start=360

i3-260 http://i.imgur.com/9fcobmP.png
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

Here's this one. Fixed and purdyful. One thing I've learned about Shinobi interiors:

They look rather easy to fix at first, but as you dig deeper into them, you find more and more problems as you go along :P.
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-260-Ind_Lady Nerevar_1.esp
(11.43 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Vegor
Developer Emeritus

Post by Vegor »

Reviewed and fixed by Sniper. Approved.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Revoked for repurpose.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Almalexia 21,-28 Dockworker Housing.

Exterior in M3A6 http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206&start=360

i3-260 http://i.imgur.com/9fcobmP.png
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Claiming. Will be a communal housing project. I intend for this to include a common dining area with a kitchen-y thing, where the workers can relax a bit.

What I do wonder is if this would mostly utilise bunks or regular beds. Further, I imagine this to be owned either by the city or an individual company.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

It could really go either way, but I am leaning towards regular beds. Go with what feel right though.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This needs an update asap.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Haplo, I've had a quite busy month. One week extra?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Oh alright
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

One week is up, yo. Revoke.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

I'll claim this. I'm new here so how much time am I allotted?
What other interiors can I view/download to get a good idea of how you guys want these interiors designed?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

You need to press the claim button at the top of the page.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Terrifying Daedric Foe wrote:You need to press the claim button at the top of the page.
Hey Terrifying Daedric Foe, nice to see you on here!
Will you tell me how and where to find the exterior layout of this house and the city in which it is placed?
I haven't been on here in quite a while. We're doing Map 3 in the city of Almalexia?
Also, how do I use that flash map at the corner of the webpage? I don't understand how to read it or where these interiors are on that map.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

You should download the latest M3A6. You should then find the cell in which the exterior can be found, which is the cell with the coordinates 21, -28. You should be able to tell which building it is from the picture on the top of the claim thread. This is way easier than using the flash map.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Jule wrote:You should download the latest M3A6. You should then find the cell in which the exterior can be found, which is the cell with the coordinates 21, -28. You should be able to tell which building it is from the picture on the top of the claim thread. This is way easier than using the flash map.
Is this the Map 3 alpha 6?
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17934

I keep getting all these errors:
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeI" for reference during cell "TR_i3-311-Ind Sailen Vulgate" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeII" for reference during cell "TR_i3-311-Ind Sailen Vulgate" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeIII" for reference during cell "TR_i3-311-Ind Sailen Vulgate" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeIV" for reference during cell "TR_i3-311-Ind Sailen Vulgate" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeIX" for reference during cell "TR_i3-138 Necrom Lighthouse, Great Hall" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeII" for reference during cell "TR_i3-138 Necrom Lighthouse, Great Hall" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeIV" for reference during cell "TR_i3-138 Necrom Lighthouse, Great Hall" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeVII" for reference during cell "TR_i3-138 Necrom Lighthouse, Great Hall" load.
Missing object "TR_bk_YilgamsehVolumeVIII" for reference during cell "TR_i3-393-Ind" load.

And a shitload more.
My errors are 5x longer than usual.
And I cannot locate the exterior model that is in the picture. I'm pretty sure I'm in the correct cell:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/2843/6kcx.jpg

These are my data files:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4386/z1eq.jpg

The TR map3v.76 says it was last modified 12-19-08.

I manually archived the files like so in the INI:
[Archives]
Archive 0=TR_Data.bsa
Archive 1=Skyrim_Data.bsa
Archive 2=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 3=Bloodmoon.bsa

What is wrong?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Dear god! Please use the right file. M3A(rea)6 is in Exteriors, either Claimed or Reviewing.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Aeven wrote:Dear god! Please use the right file. M3A(rea)6 is in Exteriors, either Claimed or Reviewing.
This?
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21206

You could just link me to it.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

No worries. You would use the file on page 11, I believe. I'm on a phone right now, so linking is more trouble than it should be.

Once you have that all sorted out, just press the claim button and you'll be ready to go. :)
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Stryker wrote:No worries. You would use the file on page 11, I believe. I'm on a phone right now, so linking is more trouble than it should be.

Once you have that all sorted out, just press the claim button and you'll be ready to go. :)
The one on page 11 at the bottom that says: "Clean final TR_M3A6-Ind_Nemon.rar"?

So [url=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1244/9b73.jpg]THIS[/url] is i3-260? That's a pretty huge building. Before I claim it, I want to know what it is for and who lives there. I can flesh out their personality with the interior designing. I'm pretty elaborate when it comes to clutter.
What are some good interiors that have already been done so I have a better idea of how to design?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

It's dockworker housing, as in housing for the people who work at the docks along Almalexia's canals. I imagine they're mostly poor Dunmer.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Looks like you got the right one. Keep in mind, there's a really good chance it isn't meant to house just one person. Multiple dockworkers would be living there, so that's one way to fill up the interior.

They'd be pretty common people. Nothing particularly expensive, some of them can be in the poor range, some can be as high as rm_ furniture.

A lot of it is left up to you. Right now, you have 95% of the power over this interior and it's inhabitants. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any similar ints to suggest to you. Just do what you feel is appropriate, as long as it isn't particularly outlandish it should be fine. :)
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Stryker wrote:Looks like you got the right one. Keep in mind, there's a really good chance it isn't meant to house just one person. Multiple dockworkers would be living there, so that's one way to fill up the interior.

They'd be pretty common people. Nothing particularly expensive, some of them can be in the poor range, some can be as high as rm_ furniture.

A lot of it is left up to you. Right now, you have 95% of the power over this interior and it's inhabitants. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any similar ints to suggest to you. Just do what you feel is appropriate, as long as it isn't particularly outlandish it should be fine. :)
Dock workers, huh? Mostly men I would think, if not all men. Would some of them be married and having their spouses and children living with them? This would be helpful for adding additional beds. I suppose like you said, I have most of the power of its design. :D I'd like to imagine these Dunmeri men have families to support that live with them. Their living quarters would be compact and not all that spacious.

Please suggest an interior that uses the same objects at least. I have no idea what clothing or furniture or lighting you guys are using for the Indoril folk.
They probably pay a modest rent for the space in which they are living. Good quest ideas that come to mind are privacy issues and possessions being stolen, tools being lost. There could be a particular Dunmer and his family who are about to be evicted if they don't come up with their rent money within a week. Hmm, lots of ideas. I'll come up with more ideas for the residents as I design it.
This will be my first interior at Tamriel-Rebuilt so it'll be exciting to design. I've only done 2 other interiors over at Skyrim:Home of the Nords so I'm still an apprentice in interior design.

Also, why are my Warning errors 20x longer than usual when I load up the Construction Set? Does TR_Data.esm really give that many warning errors?

And when I start a new game (and when loading CS), I get this message: "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information."

I tried to find some finished interiors in XXXXXAlmalexia. I found TR_i3-33 and it looks like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/7205/zqph.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img9/5520/3dv6.jpg

That's not finished I take it.

Also, when I try to find the actual building in-game, I keep constantly getting crashes. I'm playing an a 4th generation Haswell processor laptop MSI GT70. What could be causing this?
Last edited by Tes96 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

These are Dunmeri dockworkers, some of which live with their families in this multiplex apartment-like interior. Therefore, there will be multiple rooms, some more luxurious and spacious than others, and some very poor and small. I imagine these Dunmeri men to be weary and exhausted after working all day or night and when they come home, they just throw their gear and clothes wherever and if they're married, they wait anxiously for their meal to be cooked for them. And then of course sex and a good night's sleep, which leaves quite a tumultuous living quarter.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Granting.

I'd be wary of making too many references to sex. :p
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

EDIT: Disregard this, I didn't see your last post. Sorry.
Le vent nous portera

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Please suggest an interior that uses the same objects at least. I have no idea what clothing or furniture or lighting you guys are using for the Indoril folk.
Any misc Item with misc_de at the front of its id can be used in an Inodril interior. There are also a few unique Indoril items you can use, such as the Culdem containers. As far as clothing goes, typical common clothing should work for this int. Furniture should either be furn_de_p or TR_furn_De_Rm. For lighting you can use anything with de in the id.
Tes96 wrote:
I tried to find some finished interiors in XXXXXAlmalexia. I found TR_i3-33 and it looks like this:

http://imageshack.us/a/img832/7205/zqph.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img9/5520/3dv6.jpg

That's not finished I take it.
Lol. Most of the interiors in that file are ancient and will be removed at some point. You don't have to worry about TR allowing floating pillows and bleeding windows. Our standards are just a little bit higher than that. :D

Edit:

I came across [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12058&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]this[/url] claim when causally looking through the finished interiors section. Even if it only houses a single dock worker, you might still be able to get some inspiration from it.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tes96
Reviewer

Dwemer items illegal?

Post by Tes96 »

In [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=3837]this thread[/url], 2nd post, why are Dwarven items considered illegal? Since when was it illegal to own anything made by dwarves?

Does the city of Almalexia look pretty much like Mournhold? As far as the walls and stairs and whatnot goes?

And again, why are my loading warning errors 10x longer than the normal loading errors? SHOTN doesn't have that when I load their esm.

Also, why do I keep getting this warning on CS startup and game startup: "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information."
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

In this thread, 2nd post, why are Dwarven items considered illegal? Since when was it illegal to own anything made by dwarves?
All Dwemer artifacts are technically the Emperor's personal property, so commoners aren't supposed to be trading in them. Regardless, they aren't something you're normally going to find sitting out in the open in regular interiors, hence the restriction on using them unless the interior description says its okay.
Does the city of Almalexia look pretty much like Mournhold? As far as the walls and stairs and whatnot goes?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but yes, Almalexia does use the same kind of walls and stairs as Mournhold. Why ask this when you can see for yourself what the city look's like in the most recent file?
And again, why are my loading warning errors 10x longer than the normal loading errors? SHOTN doesn't have that when I load their esm.
If the loading errors are bothering you, you can always add a "say yes to all" option to the error list. Just add: AllowYesToAll=1 to the Morrowind ini. I usually put it under ;Test TES 0=morrowind.esm at the very top. Now when the first error message pops up, click "cancel" and it will skip all those pesky error messages.
Also, why do I keep getting this warning on CS startup and game startup: "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on. Errors may occur during load or game play. Check the "Warnings.txt" file for more information."
This most likely means that whatever file your are loading is dependent on a different version of TR_Data. Most likely, you don't have to worry about this. Saving your plugin should get rid of the error message.[/quote]
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Yeti wrote:
In this thread, 2nd post, why are Dwarven items considered illegal? Since when was it illegal to own anything made by dwarves?
All Dwemer artifacts are technically the Emperor's personal property, so commoners aren't supposed to be trading in them. Regardless, they aren't something you're normally going to find sitting out in the open in regular interiors, hence the restriction on using them unless the interior description says its okay.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but yes, Almalexia does use the same kind of walls and stairs as Mournhold. Why ask this when you can see for yourself what the city look's like in the most recent file?
If the loading errors are bothering you, you can always add a "say yes to all" option to the error list. Just add: AllowYesToAll=1 to the Morrowind ini. I usually put it under ;Test TES 0=morrowind.esm at the very top. Now when the first error message pops up, click "cancel" and it will skip all those pesky error messages.
This most likely means that whatever file your are loading is dependent on a different version of TR_Data. Most likely, you don't have to worry about this. Saving your plugin should get rid of the error message.
[/quote]

The most recent file of Almalexia barely has any interiors done but I get it now.

I still would like to know why the loading errors are 10x longer than normal. Seems odd that they are that long.

Yes, saving my mod did remove the beginning error. Thanks.

Yeti, for my SHOTN claim SKY_int_karthwasten_10, the mid-noble trader, I gave him lots of Dwemer items in his attic and down stairs. But that's in western Skyrim so maybe different rules apply? Or maybe he's just betting on the chance that no guards come through. Either that, or they know about it but since he's wealthy, he just pays them off to leave him alone.
That still doesn't make any sense. Why is it when I talk to a guard with dwemer artifacts in my inventory, the guards don't do anything? Other than they're obviously not scripted to. Is this from an official lore source that Dwemer artifacts are property of the Emperor? I thought they were property of the particular province.

Also, the picture I've attached is this interior I'm working on. It's 10x4 for the lower level. The 2nd level will be 8x4, third will be 6x4 and the top I'm thinking may be 4x2. There will be pillars at the bottom of course, to support all that weight. What do you think of the size?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
(463.37 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

I'll try to answer your questions regarding the Dwemer
Tes96 wrote:Why is it when I talk to a guard with dwemer artifacts in my inventory, the guards don't do anything?
I'm guessing (considering that's all I really can do) that Bethesda probably didn't think it was important enough to implement as a mechanic (that, or the fact that it would have made possessing Dwemer artifacts gameplay-wise to be untenable, or a combination of the both.)
Tes96 wrote:Is this from an official lore source that Dwemer artifacts are property of the Emperor? I thought they were property of the particular province.
Within the TES lore, Dwemer artifacts are considered the property of the emperor, due to their value and whatnot (at least during Morrowind, I can't speak for the earlier or the later games).

EDIT: Here's an except from the [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dwemer]UESP wiki article on the Dwemer[/url]

Artifacts

"Dwemer artifacts are highly prized throughout the Empire for trade and collecting, although since they are technically the property of the Emperor under various Imperial charters, the sale of them is often illegal. This does not seem to stop artifacts from falling off the backs of wagons or otherwise disappearing into various collections. Everything from armor to housewares is greatly sought after, and smugglers will risk execution if caught for such a profitable trade. Dwemer weapons and armor are especially valued, renowned for their excellent craftsmanship and sturdy design. However, acquisition of these artifacts is extremely dangerous, chiefly due to the remote locations of the ruins, and the multitude of aged and unreliable Dwemer machinery within, including the Centurions and other Animunculi, as well as sophisticated traps of which the Dwemer were particularly fond."

It's been awhile, however, since I last looked over Morrowind lore, so feel free to correct me if I said something incorrectly
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Tes96 wrote:Also, the picture I've attached is this interior I'm working on. It's 10x4 for the lower level. The 2nd level will be 8x4, third will be 6x4 and the top I'm thinking may be 4x2. There will be pillars at the bottom of course, to support all that weight. What do you think of the size?
Your door is off, it should be on the left half of the wall, not the right one. Also I don't think you should really go as low as 4x2 because the layout doesn't change that much with height.
Le vent nous portera

Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Jule wrote:
Tes96 wrote:Also, the picture I've attached is this interior I'm working on. It's 10x4 for the lower level. The 2nd level will be 8x4, third will be 6x4 and the top I'm thinking may be 4x2. There will be pillars at the bottom of course, to support all that weight. What do you think of the size?
Your door is off, it should be on the left half of the wall, not the right one. Also I don't think you should really go as low as 4x2 because the layout doesn't change that much with height.
Crap, you're right. Thanks for pointing out the door. I need to move the windows over a little bit too now.

I disagree. [url=http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/8567/cp85.jpg]The top portion[/url] is half as wide as the lower three levels. If they're all 4 units wide, then this would be 2 units wide (two corner pieces rotated side by side). Do you really want it to be wider? I'm thinking of that top part just being an attic for storage of equipment, supplies and food.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I'm just saying it doesn't look like a 2:1 ratio to me. I'd make the base 10x4, 2nd and 3rd both 8x4 and the top 6x2. But that's just me; you're free to do as you please, of course. However, keep in mind that one of the conditions for the claim to pass reviewing is that it should match the exterior. If I'm not sorely mistaken, a 4x2 top wouldn't match the exterior. So no, I don't want the top to be wider (and actually what I want doesn't mean anything; it's your claim), but I'd suggest making it longer.
Le vent nous portera

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Question/suggestion: Any plans on having some of the floors open, as in create a open spot going through the building vertically?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

That sounds reasonable. 10x4, 8x4, 8x4, except the top is clearly not the same width as the lower three portions. So 6x4 would definitely not match the exterior model. I'll do 6x2, though. The 2 pieces can fit in the middle of the 4 pieces, making the width half of the lower three. I'll make sure it looks good, Jule. :)

@ Nemon
I did a couple floor plans like that in SHOTN; you could actually see the third floor from the first floor. Or was that Scamp's floorplan? Any ways, what would be the purpose of a vertical opening, though? The only places I know that have that are fire departments.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

It would give a feeling of spaciousness to the interior and it would also cut down the amount of work that usually goes into making a big-ass interior claim like this.
Le vent nous portera

Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Jule wrote:It would give a feeling of spaciousness to the interior and it would also cut down the amount of work that usually goes into making a big-ass interior claim like this.
Unfortunately, there are no floor pieces that are devoid of ceilings. You'd have to edit the meshes to make floor and ceiling pieces that are individual. I can make a very long staircase, though. Besides, if you had a vertical opening, how would anybody go up it? (Apart from levitation, that is, but how absurd for simple dock workers).
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Tes96 wrote:Unfortunately, there are no floor pieces that are devoid of ceilings. You'd have to edit the meshes to make floor and ceiling pieces that are individual.
That's typically the sort of thing TR already did and added in _Data. When working with a set you can look for those additions, same name structure but beginning with TR_ ,

One cookie sez there's a TR_in_MH_int_floor
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

rot wrote:One cookie sez there's a TR_in_MH_int_floor
Yeah, just go around spitting secrets everywhere. Next thing you're gonna tell someone there's also a matching TR_in_MH_int_ceiling to go with the floor piece!
Le vent nous portera