4-42-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

They weren't part of the claim, according to the maps it only encompassed those 5 cells :S

Why, do you want me to go do them?
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Oh, no, I see now. Thanks!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked. As Swiftoak was the last one to do this claim, he gets dibs on it if he wants it.

This claim needs updating. I would prefer if 4-39 were claimed first, so that a suitable northern border existed with which to match the eastern half of this claim.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Can I claim this? It's only 5 cells, and I'd like an exterior that isn't stressful to do. I'll wait until Sir Dave posts a file to match to, as per the previous post.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted, I guess you could border match with 4-38 first...
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

I could!

/me hops to it...
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Concerning border matching with 4-39, the only place where you'd need to match borders is at the ladrys island which, after discussing it with Haplo, I have not yet made since the textures for it are not yet decided.

perhaps now's the time to discuss what textures ladrys gets?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I remember telling you that the island should not reach into your claim, Sir Dave, so that is not an issue. The island will get the same textures as the rest of the land in the corresponding claims.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Updated. Lladrys has been withdrawn northwards so it begins in my claim. It has a small bit of RM at the end and the rest is BC style.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Finished, sending to review. Hooray!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Some floating statics here and there. Otherwise fairly clean. However, this was on the under-detailed side.

Comments This claim left some to be desired I thought, definitely not Cathartis' best work. Under detailed and lacking a certain energy. Maybe I've been spoiled by a steady stream of really good exteriors, but this time I felt like something was missing. This just needs that little extra something to put it over the top.

I will pass this to a final review to see if Haplo wants to include it with minor adjustments or let Cat detail it a bit more.

Rating 7/10
Attachments
TR_4-42-Red_Cathartis_2.esp
(236.5 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'm assuming the sixth cell (-12,5) is modified so that it flows smoothly with vanilla content?

EDIT: Not to seem harsh, but this claim appears to be somewhat... half-assed. In all but the western-most cells, at least, there's just a bunch of grass thrown down to raise the ref requirement, it seems like. There were also a spot or two with some really bad ground spikes. This unfortunately needs more detail. Sending back.

Use my file.
Attachments
TR_4-42-Red_Cathartis_2.esp
(236.4 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Okay, sending to review. Cell [-12,-5] is not officially a part of the claim, just an attempt at blending the claim into the seafloor better.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved. Much better.