i3-186-Ind

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-186-Ind (#722)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: Almalexia "Broadway"
Files: TR_i3-186-Ind_Lady Nerevar_1.esp; TR_i3-186-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp; TR_i3-186-Ind_alex25_1.esp; TR_i3-186-Ind_alex25_2.esp

---

Almalexia (21, -26) Ordinator Fortress.

This is where the Ordinators of Almalexia have their base. These are the people who, in service of the Tribunal, guard Her Holy City.

"The four orders of Ordinators answer to the Alma Rula in Almalexia."

This should include a prison complex where the player will be released from in the event of being captured. These should be in the north-western part, accessed by a bridge. Also offices for the head of the Ordinators, and barracks.

Orders within the Ordinators (there are four, and four towers):
The Order of the Inquisition identifies and suppresses heresy among priests and laymen.
The Order of Doctrine and Ordination are militant scholars.
The Order of War fights the enemies of the Temple; most War Ordinators are stationed near Red Mountain.
The Order of the Watch provides guards for temples and shrines.

See local map for location
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Claiming, even though the exterior for this claim is not marked on the map provided. :]

Exact detail of my plans will have to wait for an apt screenie of the exterior. But I'll put in cells, offices, etc. I don't plan on making it the happiest place in the world. I'll base it loosely on the Vivec prisons, cells and treasuries in a way (like the ministry of truth (?) in the flying rock, and the various Great House cells, jails, vaults, etc.)

EDIT: I found the right screenie, here: [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/hermitesf/sarethan_quarter_01_V2.jpg[/IMG]

It looks like I chose something that will be really fun... and by fun I mean convoluted, frustrating and hard :D Only adds to the experience I suppose. And adds character. Do I get a basement level to add?
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Sure, if four to seven stories aren't enough, add one to two basements ... but only in the shape of the building please.

Granted, happy modding, please use OoT as linked below. :)
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.2 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update to say I'm working on this, and I've got two and about 2/3 floors left to do. I had to add a basement level because there was only one way to do the entrance, and I've also spread it over a couple of interior cells (the entrance cell, the tower cell, the prison cells (containing the basement), and the dormitories).
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Update to say I'm nearly done, finishing off the very top two floors. I remade the entire interior because I did not like the initial product.

EDIT: Completed! :] :v :banana: Big interiors like that are really hard! There's room for 15 guards, 2 bureaucrats, 1 chaplain and a guard captain. The entrances are as follows: the big gate the normal cell, the two entrances on the side are through the lower tower, and the three on top are at the upper tower.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

submitting
Resadyn
Reviewer

Post by Resadyn »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Wow, curse the HoR for giving me this multi celled horror. :(

Cell: TR_i3-186

light_de_lamp_01_128 floats over the stair edge.
in_MH_int_entrance_01 should have columns on the oposite side. There are half columns as it is now.

Cell: TR_i3-186, Cells

misc_de_muck_shovel_01 bleeds into the wall and floats.
com_sack_02_chpfood3 bleeds

Cell: TR_i3-186, Storage

barrel_01_saltrice floats
com_sack_01_saltrice_5 should be removed.
com_sack_02_chpfood3 should be removed.
com_basket_01_empty should be removed.

Cell: TR_i3-186, Lower Tower.

Misc_Quill floats
I would think a chest with 500~ gold would have a lock on it.
misc_uni_pillow_01 bleeds.
TR_furn_de_tapestry_11 is outside of the wall.
TR_w_adamant_doubleaxe bleeds.

Cell: TR_i3-186, Dormitory

All misc_uni_pillow_01 bleeds.
misc_com_wood_spoon_01 bleeds.

Cell: TR_i3-186, Upper Tower

Nothing

Comments Wow. Huge interior, yet less bugs then usual small ones. Wonderful job Nomadic.

Rating 8
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i had to do plenty of multy cell horrors as you call them in my own time. your lucky this one was quite clean :P it sucks worst when the int is realy bad, but not bad enough to revoke.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You think that was bad? Beware some of the Almalexian guard towers. If they weren't made by Sniper, generally speaking there are literally hundreds of errors. :lol: I've had a couple of those unfortunately.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

*shruders* i hate those things...
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I have 14-cell beauty in the pipeline for you right now. Best thing is, because I made it, I can't review it. :twisted:
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

atleast youll be fixing it *mwaha* :slavedriver:
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Nomadic1 wrote:You think that was bad? Beware some of the Almalexian guard towers. If they weren't made by Sniper, generally speaking there are literally hundreds of errors. :lol: I've had a couple of those unfortunately.
Some modders have found a way to make single cell interiors especially painful to review, too. Like putting in three bajillions rocks for decoration of a cave. ;)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Gez wrote:
Nomadic1 wrote:You think that was bad? Beware some of the Almalexian guard towers. If they weren't made by Sniper, generally speaking there are literally hundreds of errors. :lol: I've had a couple of those unfortunately.
Some modders have found a way to make single cell interiors especially painful to review, too. Like putting in three bajillions rocks for decoration of a cave. ;)
I don't know who that could be :] I usually leave it at a reasonable 150 - 300 rocks :]
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

argh my internet is goin wrong!!! sry for the 3posts
Last edited by Colhir on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

ere we go agen, internet went wrong!!!! well i pressed submitt twice :oops:
Last edited by Colhir on Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

TesAme - CLEAN

fits exterior - yes

load errors - no

northmarker - set

Review:

TR i3-186-ind

you could probablly get away with it but in_MH_int_entrance_01 need columns on the other
side.

TR i3-186-ind, cells

misc_de_muck_shovel_01 - bleeds into wall and floats.

com_sack_02_chpfood3 - bleeds but i think you can get away with this, it looks more realistic
like the sacks contents are resting on the crate. just personal opinion, correct me if i'm wrong to do this.

light_de_lantern_03(above storage area) - IMO it looks dodgy just hooked into the roof.

TR i3-186-ind, Dormitory

misc_com_wood_spoon_01 - most bleed but its so un-noticeable i had to look a few times.

IMO the pillows look better bleeding a little bit as pillows arnt solid they do move to shape of bed

TR i3-186-ind, lower tower

Misc_Quill - floats above ink wel
TR_furn_de_tapestry_02 - positioned funny, its off center of the wall, dunno if it was meant to be like this???

de_r_chest_01_ord2 - should have lock on but int will or should be swarming with guards so cant just take this.

TR i3-186-ind, storage

barrel_01_saltrice - floats
com_sack_03_chpfood5 - positioned funnyly, its ok tho.

TR i3-186, upper tower

misc_uni_pillow_01 - bleed but like i said they're ok, i just wanted something to put lol, forget about it otherwise :)

i had a look around in game and it looks brilliant, only thing thats missing is the NPC's

Comments: why cant all int be like this, i've seen more errors in one room never mind this huge int.
its excelent. just a few things that need adjusting then completely fine.

rating: 9.5, put everything in place and its a 10!!!
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Here's a fixed version.

Pillows and sacks are meant to bleed, so I left them as are. Experience tells me the spoons are also alright as they are. Everything else was fixed though :)
Attachments
TR_i3-186-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp
(100.52 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Colhir
Reviewer

Post by Colhir »

yeh, i make pillows and sacks bleed slightly, it looks better i think :)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: No

um, is this supposed to include those two large buildings on either side? (NOTE: THIS ONLY DOESN'T FIT THE EXT. IF THIS IS TRUE)

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: NONSPECIFICLY NAMED CELL:
cool, no errors

CELLS:
cool, no errors

STORAGE:
cool, no errors (BUT DAMN! THAT WAS A LOT OF CONTAINERS!!)

LOWER TOWER:
steel longsword floats on one end
chest_small_01_goldr500 should be locked
bk_ABCs shouldn't be there

UPPER TOWER:
cool, no errors

Comments cool, Fix these then it is ready.

Rating 9.9/10
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

FIXED!

Replaced the ABCs book with a TR fiction book, locked the chest of gold, and fixed the longsword.
Attachments
Clean TR_i3-186-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp
(100.54 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

looked over thrig's file, found do furhter errors. approving.

use top version.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revoking for repurposing.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Unlocking.

Please post a plan if you want to claim this.

Nomadic has first rights, due to being the original creator.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

Oh, a nice orderly claim that isn't a cave! Yes please!

Ok, my thoughts would be to have each tower roughly devoted to a specific purpose. I would ask it to be considered that the eastern tower actually house the prison, given that the northwest part actually has land access, as well as not giving the prisoners a chance to get to the rest of the fort. It would also have a "front desk" where prisoners are checked in/player is released, and quarters and offices for the jailors.

The southern tower would be the general administration, quarters of the fort commander, and the armory, kept behind heavily locked doors.

The west tower would house a small library, small shrines, etc. It would be a place of worship and reflection, and would have the quarters of the resident clergymer at the top.

The north tower would be the quarters of the rank and file, with a basement with sundries, two floors or so of living areas, and the top perhaps being a dining/living room for the off-duty Ordinators.
Down with de_p tyranny! Use "TR_furn_de_p" pieces for flat, hassle free surfaces. Thanks, Melchior!

"I have long held the opinion that if people want to get in over their heads and die they should be given that option." -Thrignar Fraxix
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Not granting.

Hey Exovian, while it's awesome that you're claiming something, I think it's best this goes to a more experienced modder. As it stands you don't have any interior claim to your name, and I'd like to see what you're capable of with a smaller claim first.
Last edited by Aeven on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exovian
Developer

Post by Exovian »

That's certainly fair.
Down with de_p tyranny! Use "TR_furn_de_p" pieces for flat, hassle free surfaces. Thanks, Melchior!

"I have long held the opinion that if people want to get in over their heads and die they should be given that option." -Thrignar Fraxix
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Claim. Each order will have its own tower with appropriate features (training area for the order of War, prison for Watch, library for Doctrine and questioning and trial rooms for the Inquisition. Each tower shall also contain barracks, offices and areas for rest and meditation.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Granting.

As for the 'leader', have one per order rather than one for them as a whole. This fits lore best.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Shell update.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hi Alex! Could you please include shrines for the Four Corners of the House of Troubles in the far corners of these buildings? No statues, just trioliths. Try f/Furn_Triolith_01.nif, I think that one's most appropriate, though if you have a better suggestion I'm all ears.

These shrines are here to remind the Ordinators that their devotion and strength are constantly being tested by the Bad Daedra. Try and select an appropriate Daedra for each Order.

edit: and this isn't my department but I've been looking at your shell, maybe implementing some proper stairwells in these towers is a good idea rather than having stairs all over the place with seemingly little to no logic. I know I'd get completely lost in here.

Is that pool for drowning heretics?
Last edited by Why on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I agree with Why on all points.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

The shrine idea is great- I'll also try to write a book from the Order of Doctrine explaining this and other Ordinator related matters. For the Daedra the most appropriate order seems to be- Malacah for War, Molag Bal for Watch, Sheogorath for Inquisition and Mehrunes Dagon for Doctrine.

I'll move the stair a bit to add to the logic but the layout of the doors don't let me fully implement proper stairwells and still have space to place everything else in an reasonably logical manner. The pool is for ritual cleansing before and after missions (it is in the Tower of War)- however there will be a trial room in the Inquisition tower so if heretics should be drowned I can add something bellow for that.

How do the Ordinators deal with heretics, daedric statues and artifacts and/or heretical books: burn them, drown them, bury them or something else?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

alex25 wrote:I'll also try to write a book from the Order of Doctrine explaining this and other Ordinator related matters.
Good! Consider submitting it through proper channels so that it can be added to TR_Data, this sounds like a book we could use in other interiors as well.
alex25 wrote:ritual cleansing before and after missions
Drowning heretics isn't necessary, it's just what came to mind first. Maybe waterboarding, but that can be done with buckets and towels alright. I asked primarily to make sure this wasn't some sort of bathhouse for funsies, but ritual cleansing is cool, I like it.
alex25 wrote:How do the Ordinators deal with heretics, daedric statues and artifacts and/or heretical books: burn them, drown them, bury them or something else?
I honestly don't know. Burning seems a bit cliché but I suppose it'll work. Maybe burn them and store their ashes in special containers to trap their spirits? Sanctify them somehow? Throw them under a sort of holy [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_crusher]car crusher[/url]?

Actually, it might be best to imply that executions and disposal are done elsewhere, off-site. This is their home, after all, and they like to keep it tidy. Interrogations are fine.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Why wrote:Good! Consider submitting it through proper channels so that it can be added to TR_Data, this sounds like a book we could use in other interiors as well..
Will do.
Why wrote:Drowning heretics isn't necessary, it's just what came to mind first. Maybe waterboarding, but that can be done with buckets and towels alright. I asked primarily to make sure this wasn't some sort of bathhouse for funsies, but ritual cleansing is cool, I like it.
I'm throwing more water related symbolism in ints since Almalexia has so much water.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Update.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Hi alex25. We could use a progress update on this.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Hey alex25. Do you mind if we revoke your Almalexia claims and move them to unavailable for the time being, seeing as we aren't really working on Almalexia right now, and we need a finalized plan/concept for the city before further interior work can continue?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Yeti wrote:Hey alex25. Do you mind if we revoke your Almalexia claims and move them to unavailable for the time being, seeing as we aren't really working on Almalexia right now, and we need a finalized plan/concept for the city before further interior work can continue?
No problem.

I'd still like to have first dibs when they become available again but until then revoke away.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revoked until Almalexia rises one again!