i3-187-Ind

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-187-Ind (#723)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-45-Ind (#1235)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: Almalexia "Whitehall"
Files: TR_i3-187-Ind_Lady Nerevar_1.esp; TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp; TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic1_2.esp; TR_i3-187-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Almalexia (24, -26)

Fancy Indoril clothier. Sells clothing unique to House Indoril (custom TR-made)

See local map for location.
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Has moved on to Cjad the Nord for decorating. Will polish and submit as soon as I get it back. If I don't before I have to leave for summer, I will just finish it on my own.
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Handing it over to Massalinie for detailing, as I will be gone for the next month without a computer capable of running the CS. (It can barely handle TES: Arena.)
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

I need help with this...
this is the claim. I have no idea whats going on here, but unless his has two levels of basement, this building is 5 stories high, and a really wierd shape. i havent seen a picture of the outside of this, but i need to. i don't think he used gridsnap in some parts cause a few of the walls are completely out of place. Also, im getting some yellow things with exclamation marks in them because i dont have some of the statics. And he books and the pillows in the room with the big bed are on wierd angles. There is no way i can sort this out with my claims and reviewing to do, im just too busy. If anyone else wants to do this, its here for the taking.

Mass
Attachments
TR3-187.zip
(81.2 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it. Despite the fact that it sounds like it's badly shaped, did he use the correct... what is word... Tileset? As in, walls and such? Just a little question to help me work. Still need to get all the OoT stuff, evil dialup!

Dunno how this will turn out, but I'll give it a shot, if I'm allowed.

Dakkan
(Day-kin)
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Hmm.... Having a hard time getting a picture. Although, I have the Alamexia plugin, I just can't seem to figure out which building this would be.?
(Day-kin)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

I have no idea where to find a picture of the Sarethan quarters, nor did Xui'al tell me which building it is. Sorry, ill have a look right now, but anyway, Dakkan, you are welcome to take it. If you find (21,-28 ) on map3, it would be pretty obvious i should think, considering the shape of it.

Mass
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

This?
[/img]
Attachments
Housie.JPG
(59.4 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
(Day-kin)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

No, that says right at the top, the co-ords are (22,-30) we need (21,-28 )
There must be a picture somewhere! Xui'al said he had two claims, one was this one and the other was "T5" he sent me 3 claims, all exactly the same. But, he said T5 was right across the street from this claim. If we can find T5, this one should be there too.

Mass
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Well, there are 2 more houses like that behind it, but those are only 3 stories high? No-matter what those hold no resemblance to his interior.

Edit- Well isn't that a bugger. I don't seem to have that cell...
Attachments
Housienone.JPG
(46.58 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Last edited by Dakkan on Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Day-kin)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

as far as i know, there is only one four story building, besides that one you showed before.
its this one:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/massalinie/manor.png[/img]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

also, he'res a floor plan of this claim.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/massalinie/floorplan.png[/img]

This doesn't resemble any of the buildings we have. So, we need to find out which building this is supposed to be, and make it into he correct shape.

Found it

[url]http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/maps/interiors/3/almalexia_sarethan_quarter_01.jpg[/url]
I think its F5
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

I went through last night and fixed all the error statics, and grid and snap walls and such, but I don't want to touch it till I see the outside now, otherwisr this will all be a waste if we gotta start from scratch anyway. I need someone to get a picture of this mystery cell, I don't seem to have it myself.
(Day-kin)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

i just gave it to you

[img]http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/g/maps/interiors/3/almalexia_sarethan_quarter_01.jpg[/img]

thats the sarethan quarters. this claim must be F5
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Also in that picture it does indeed look like it has 5 upper floors.
(Day-kin)
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

yup, so, i guess its not too bad after all, just needs quite a bit of stuff added to it, and a few things fixed. There you go. Now, im getting back to work. :)
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

It can't be F5..that's claimed as Alma Rula's Palace.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

well which one could it be then? he seemed to think he had T5, there is no T5 only F5. Also, its just the right shape for F5, theres no other buildings like it. and no question about it, this is the correct cell.
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

In an older post in the old interior forum he mentions a door on the second level - this rules out F5 as it doesn't have doors there. Is there a manor in 21,-28 that has a second level door or balcony?

EDIT: Vegor said this a few months ago in another thread:

"Are you sure this is the right building? Looking at the map in the claims browser it seems like a building against a wall, main building being the four floored cross-formed one and a square side building to the right of the entrance. It seems the building on your picture is the one in the center, which is F5 and not i3-187. Please make sure this is the right building."

Hope this helps.
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Dakkan

Post by Dakkan »

Well, I have no clue what is going on, so I'll just hold off working on this then till it's all figured out.
(Day-kin)
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

This is still under as claimed by me, although I gave it up a long time ago. Can I please have this removed from my list?
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Revoked per request.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Claiming. A big manor which I'll put in manor things. Yes... well... a couple of rooms for servants, and other manor stuff.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Granted and happy modding!
(And ditto on the last claim i granted you)
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Finished. This is two cells. One of the doors is through the neighbouring building (which I also claimed and finished) - someone forgot to put a front door on this tower. There are beds for four servants, 4 resident members of the family, the locked bedroom of the healer from Gnisis, and a spare bedroom.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: I. GENERAL ERRORS:
-N/A
-Correct NC
-Correct Ambients
-Northmarkers existent.

II. REVIEW:
i. Main
-I'll begin at the top floor, furn_de_cushion_round_06 partially bleeds into the wall.
-furn_de_cushion_round_06 partially bleeds into the tapestry.
-The room with the drums is a bit underdetailed.
-Ditto with the room on the right hand side.
-In that same room: furn_de_cushion_square_01 partially bleeds into the cushion it's resting on.
-Now onto the bottom floor, some of the containers are empty, or have 1 item in them. It woduldn't hurt to add some stuff, but I can't be sure if this is an error at all....
-Room with the two beds could use some sprucing up,a nd in the same room, the shelf with the lone book could use some detailing as well.

ii. Upper Level
-Okay, this time, im gonna list stuff in the bottom floor of this cell first:
-The prayer room could use some velothi banners/tapestries (furn_de_tapestry_02).
-Why put a level 70 lock on a closet that has something worth only 200 gold? Id say 30-40 would be more suitable.
-Same with the chest, 65 is overkill for 2 pieces of clothing.

Comments III. CONCLUSION: Nicely done interior! Nice details, and I liked the flora in the entrance. Overall, another nice job. Very minor fixes, but I think this is ready to go.

Rating 9/10
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

FILE: TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic_1.esp

TESAME: Clean;

FITS EXTERIOR: NO. It is marked on Accurate Map as former F5, but it doesn't fit that. It looks similar to former T1, but the window placement differs. I'll PM Nomadic about this,since I suspect it's an accurate map failure rather than his fault. He'll probably be able to explain this...

NORTHMARKER:Set in both cells. If it's T1 as I think it is, then it's pointing EAST;

LOADING ERRORS:None;

REVIEW:

General error:
-Naming convention incorrect with cells: TR i3... instead of TR_i3...

1.Cell: TR i3-187-Ind

a)Floaters/Bleeders:
-A wall bleeds through the inside of the forge. It looks a bit awkward;
-TR_misc_com_cutboard should be reangled a bit to fit the table;
-in storeroom, TR_cont_de_vase_02_food bleeds into the barrel;
-barrel_02_marshmellow bleeds into the urn_01;
-flora_ivy pieces should touch the wall, right now they just float;

b)Logic errors:
-A lock of 45 seem a bit much on a chest with some common clothes. It's a minor thing though;
-Gong hammer is indeed a powerful weapon... you might want to tone it down a little;

c)Other issues:
-Lanterns on top floor would look better if you positioned them exactly in centers of these stonework "crosses";
-Custom gong hammer lacks some textures;

2.Cell: TR i3-187-Ind, Upper Levels

a)Logic errors:
-You went overboard with locks. Virtually everything has locks of 60,70,80 even when the loot is 5 Drakes or a piece of cloth. Unless you can explain it somehow (a paranoic house master who sees thieves everywhere, maybe?) you should tone down the locks;

b)Floaters/Bleeders:
-TR_misc_com_potion_04 in healer's room bleeds into the purple flask next to it;
-a piece of grass in said room bleeds through the planter;
-In "prayer room", books: Cantatas of Vivec, Changed Ones and Ancestors and the Dunmer float;

c)Lore errors:
-I don't know if putting a note that calls to arms is reasonable, isn't that some quest item?
-TR_bk_MarasTear is an Imperial religious book, so it looks weird in Indoril house (on the other side, they have a big library and can collect books of various kind, so I guess it doesn't have to be fixed);

d)Other issues:
-Lanterns would look better if you positioned them exactly in centers of these stonework "crosses";

COMMENTS:
My only gripe about this interior is the lock madness. Claimer didn't mention in readme about house owner being paranoic or mad lock maker, so they should be toned down. Also, I'm not sure about the exterior fitting (look above). Other than that, it's perfect.

RATING: 8/10
"We just wanted to check what would happen if we shut the power off" - Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Supervisor
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I'll PM Nomadic about this,since I suspect it's an accurate map failure rather than his fault. He'll probably be able to explain this...
It is the former T1 I think... Umm... Can't really remember specific details that far back. Anyway, there was a problem with this claim and another two. I claimed one and realised there was a massive error. Eventually I claimed all three and assigned them what they were myself, doing what they said in their descriptions originally. The failure was a rebuilding / reassigning of Almalexia - several claims were not fixed up properly and once Hermit left nobody really had any clue as to what was going on.

As for the locks, well I probably did go a little overboard :D The gong hammer is actually toned down a lot - trust me. It is kinda craptacular. I basically did a really diminished version of the 6th House bell hammer. Call to Arms might be an error. For the windows, well I think I did them right but I was drunk at the time. :]
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Well, I if it's T1 then some windows are placed wrong, and there's a balcony in exterior which is a window in interior. And the northmarker is pointing east, as I wrote. I hope you'll find all this easily when you look at exterior.

Anyway, it's a really nice place (if I had all the keys, that is).
"We just wanted to check what would happen if we shut the power off" - Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Supervisor
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Yep fix all of these.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

Fixed, time for another review.
Attachments
Free TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp
(62.11 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
--Dave
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

TESAME: Dirty

Review: indistinguised cell:
Lacks clutter in the rooms with beds
P and R fun mixed, it is forgivable in the servant's quarters (the basement), however everywhere else it is not. Also, that poor furniture on the upper floor rests half on a rug, which has caused floating/bleeding.
furn_de_cushion_square_01 doesn't quite touch the rest of the pile

Upper Floors Cell:
Nothing I noticed

Comments FIX ME

Rating 7/10
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

here is another fix
Attachments
Free TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic1_1.esp
(62.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
--Dave
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

did a couple of fixes myself, namely on the bookshelves.

approving, top file.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This has 3 stories, it needs 4.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Okay. Here's what's up. This claim needs to be restructured to fit the exterior.

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8972/i3187xa9.jpg

That picture there is the exterior. Including the little rectangular building (that you made for T1, incidentally, so you can just c&p into the new interior if you like).

This claim is NOT attached to the other tower on the left. That is T1.

i3-187-Ind includes the rectangular building and the tower on the right.

KEY -

1 - Balcony on the 3rd story of the tower
2 - Main entrance on the 2nd story of the building
3 - Balcony on the 3rd story of the building
4 - Back entrance on the 2nd story of the building

Please fix these! I've posted a similar post & fix-it guide in your i3-91 claim.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Wow. The exterior has changed since I made this - it was two separate claims and this one had no door!

I'll remake most of this - I never was too happy with it IIRC.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Finished.

They have four servants and four guards. In the west PQ, the bedroom to the east belongs to the healer from Gnisis. In the east PQ the bedroom to the south belongs to the olds of the family, the bedroom to the west belongs to a kid who wants to be an ordinator, and the bedroom to the north belongs to a son who has married a social climber.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

submitting to review. Also, Nomadic! update your sig!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Clean

Review: This is very good. It has a great style and all I had to fix were minor things, like slightly floating papers. I think the worst error was a missing pillow in one of the bedrooms.

Comments Very well done, another great addition to Almalexia.

Rating 9,5
Attachments
TR_i3-187-Ind_Nomadic1_2.esp
(92.75 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.