i3-272-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-272-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-272-Imp (#793)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Terrifying Daedric Foe
Files: TR_i3-272-Imp_Terrifying Daedric Foe_3.esp; TR_i3-272-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Old Ebonheart East #41: Home of a poet/writer http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9845/oeeast.jpg
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

TESAME: Clean

Ambient Values are wrong for this type of interior. Use those from buildings from Caldera, and preferably Ebonheart Common buildings (think there's only one).

Use these ones:
Ambient:

R 65
G 65
B 65

Fog

R 64
G 16
B 0

Sunlight

R 80
G 40
B 0

Basement

Why would an Imperial Legionnaire posses illegal stuff such as moon sugar.
There is a bit too much weaponry and armor in the crates. Only one or two sets are needed. This is a manor, not a legion barracks.
WAY too many use of light-bulbs. Light-bulb lights are rarely used in city interiors. Delete them.

Bottom floor:

Some dunmer and dwemer book sin imperial building. Keep them only if the person living there is a scholar or someone interested in books.

Nchundaks Fire and Faith floats on the other books.

Inappropriate usage of de furniture. Unless the person living there is dunmer.......

There is a com style bed here. Only used in poor houses. Use imperial furniture/beds.

Upstairs room.

Again with the light bulbs. Delete them.

I do not want to ramble on about the furniture here either. So let me shorten this: Bad mix of com, de, and imp styles of furniture. Use only imp, and some de if the residing widow is dunmer.

Well, the grid snap is okay, but all in all, this interior needs alot of work to be TR quality. And this interior has some serious lighting isues with ambience and light bulbs. (HoR, tell me what those are called...) Dut in most interiors, the serious problem is with the bad mix of furniture. 5 out of ten.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Review:
Attachments
i3-272 .txt
(3.05 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote:TESAME: CleanI do not want to ramble on about the furniture here either. So let me shorten this: Bad mix of com, de, and imp styles of furniture. Use only imp, and some de if the residing widow is dunmer.
I'd just like a reminder that com and imp stuff is the same thing and that de stuff shouldn't be used anyways because it doesn't fit the interior.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

indeed *goes back to sleep*
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

This needs to be on the list for fixing by one of us i suppose
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

fixed by cougar. use top file!
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Revoking for repurposing.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I'm confused. i3-272 on the interactive map seems to be a conpletely different building to number 41 on the imageshack map. Also, the building layout on the imageshack map is completely different to the building layout on the flashmap and in the Map 3 download.

Can someone help me out please.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

flash map is out of date. (someone who isn't me should fix that. I'm fairly certain someone volunteered to at least get the images...)

Map 3 download is laughably out of date. You need the detailing claim file from here if you want to see the exterior: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21200

When in doubt, the local map or the map from the description is always the most accurate.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

In that case, claim.

Home of a poet. What tileset and style should I use?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting

common tileset (watch out for holes in the ceiling beams.)

I'm going to say com_rm for the furniture with the proximity to the upper class district area thingy.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

The exterior to this interior is an ex_commmon_building_01. The armorer in Pelagiad (Uulernil) also has an exterior as an ex_common_building_01. The interior on that is 3x3 with a corner taken out, two stories high, which is much bigger than the exterior. As that is a vanilla thing, should I make this interior the same size?
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Most interiors are larger than their exteriors, two-storey 3x3 with a corner removed sounds absolutely fine.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Great

*starts work*
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I've completed the shell, I'd appreciate it if someone checked it to make sure it's right. A few points:

1) The light settings are default, I will change them to something better.

2) The exterior has a chimney, but I can't see a way to get a fireplace into that part of the building. Will the exterior be changed if I put the fireplace somewhere else, or leave it out all together?

I know I'm asking loads of questions, but I don't want to mess up my first ever claim.
Nerano
Developer

Post by Nerano »

I'm doing my second claim now, an interior in Old Ebonheart, and I also noticed that Bethesda often used different interior piece arrangement for that same exterior shell. I think the best solution is to temporarily insert the shell into the interior cell to lay out the rooms according to it.

For your's building it's the chimney, and I had problems with the stairs, not being able to make all parts of the interior accessible. Finally I decided to use a trapdoor (and stairs as well, of course).
Last edited by Nerano on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Your interior seems fine so far. With regards to your points:

1) Feel free to look at existing TR or Vanilla imp housing to get your light settings, and remember to tick "illegal to sleep here" so people can't just sleep rough on the floor.

2)The chimney could be placed if you moved the staircase to somewhere else. The north-central tile would be a good location. You don't have to follow the interior layout of imp houses to the letter, just as long as the overall shape corresponds to the exterior.

Also, if you need any extra space for the interior, feel free to add a smallish basement.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

Tea is important.
Nerano
Developer

Post by Nerano »

We are allowed to make basements? Nice to know:) However, for my current house, 3 stories are enough:)
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

It would probably be best if you ask before adding a basement if it's not in the claim description.

Tea is important.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Which fireplace should I use?
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Finished the interior, although TR_bk_CollectedWorks could do with extending by someone who can actually write poetry...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Ha! Submitting to review.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
-seriously, those light settings were a tad horrible.
-wrong northmarker
-please watch your doors: There were leaving large gaps you could see through. Feel free to even scale the entrance door to 1.01 to make it fit into the whole jamb.
-light_com_candle_01_off was slightly floating
-one or two bottles weren't exactly resting properly in the winerack
-some sacks looked so copy-pasted resting on top of each other that I rotated some of them to add variety
-feel free to sink your sacks a bit more; That also applies for the 02 ones
-TR_furn_com_tapestry19 was floating
-same with TR_furn_com_tapestry02
-light_com_candle_07 was floating; Feel free to sink these a bit into the surface

Comments This was okayish. It felt a little bare in a lot of places, and you forgot to let the big literature people have a look at your poems. Also, take a look at our naming schemes again.

Rating 7/10
Attachments
TR_i3-272-Imp_Terrifying Daedric Foe_2.esp
(11.68 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

I put a request in on the Writing Request thread over in Literature for poetry but no-one's replied.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

I copy-pasted your text into the appropriate thread. It's also called a review thread so that you can post there any text you might have written for your claim, then competent people can have a look.
It's not much of a problem, Thrig can include the new text later. Just keep it in mind for the next time :wink:
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sending back, too empty
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

The piper has finally come calling. This needs an update within the week or it will be revoked.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Here's a very small update. I promise to start properly working on this again in the next few days.

As the whole poetry idea hasn't worked out I'm going to change this to an Imperial historian working on a very pro-Imperial history of Ebonheart (old & new), which I aim to write by this time next week and post in the relevant literature thread.

Edit: The book is finished and posted [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=308689#308689]here[/url].
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

This is finished (properly this time).
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Bam
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: light_com_candle_10_off was floating

in_c_door_wood_square needed to be adjusted

misc_com_bottle_02 (x2) were replaced with Misc_Com_Bottle_14. (Seems odd to store bottles away without corks.)

TR_misc_potion_02 (x2) needed to be bled slightly

Comments Not a bad interior. Also took a look at the books you wrote, very nice job.

Rating 8/10
Attachments
TR_i3-272-Imp_Terrifying Daedric Foe_3.esp
(27.33 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving, use my file. I love this layout.