i3-278-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I must apologise for my behaviour; I have little spare time, and since I'm obviously not going to see this to completion, I hereby relinquish my claim to this SOB.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Revonkadonk.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thanks Jule. I hope you have more free time in the future.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I'd be happy to claim and finish Jule's work here. I'll add final detailing, and possibly place a larger variety of artifacts here and there, though definitely nothing too powerful or important. Also, if I am to claim this, it would be nice to have some maps that Jule was waiting for. (:
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Granting.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Great to see this one claimed!

To celebrate, here's a "Map of Skyrim Conquests 1E 240-416"

[img]http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/rats_tr/mapofskyrimconquests_zpsd802e06e.png[/img]
Attachments
skyrim_conquests.dds
(1 MiB) Downloaded 132 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Brilliant map, Rats! I'll definitely include this in the claim. :D
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Two questions: Has the lore for that map been discussed on IRC? Isn't the location of Olmgerd's Buried Ship supposed to be a secret until you talk to that Nord guy in Vivec?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I have a small question- should I include the map in my own file, or should I wait for it to be included in the next data files update?

Also, sadly "Skyrim Conquests of the First Era" does not fit in the text box. I put "Nord Conquests of the First Era" instead. Please tell me if you have a better name for the map.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Was the conquest before or after the Inner Sea was created?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Yeti wrote:Has the lore for that map been discussed on IRC?
No it hasn't, so I should prolly explain it a bit. The map with its borders and years is mainly interpretation, imagination and assumptions of the historian who drew it, with a few "facts" that have been established in the official lore or on our forums. The year for "1E 143" border comes from [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11752&start=40]Why's post in this thread[/url], where the northernmost part of Uld Vraech is indentified as the easternmost Hold of 1st Era Skyrim. The "ca. 1E 416" border is based on the date that's been given for the first battle of the Red Mountain. The settlements named on the map are where the historian believes the Nords held power during the conquests (seizing Ebonheart, for example, is in the official lore). The name "Ygholv" is something I fabricated to replace "Frakhelm" which I thought was a bad name for a village--though that's debatable.
Yeti wrote:Isn't the location of Olmgerd's Buried Ship supposed to be a secret until you talk to that Nord guy in Vivec?
The location of the burial, according to Ennbjof in Vivec, is known to skalds so it's known to Nord tradition. The map is really vague --merely hinting something of importance somewhere in southeastern Vv:fell--, so it pretty much still stays a secret.
Nomadic1 wrote:Was the conquest before or after the Inner Sea was created?
Some 300 years before it. I can give two possible explanations for this: 1) the map uses 3rd Era geography intentionally to cater 3rd Era readers, 2) the Imperial academia aren't buying either of the creation stories for the Inner Sea and instead insist it must've always existed.
RyanS wrote:I have a small question- should I include the map in my own file, or should I wait for it to be included in the next data files update?
I'm unsure of the policy here, but I'd say including new BookArt in the claim is fine (their inclusion should be requested in the Data thread, though, as I see you already have).
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thanks for the response, Rats! I'll add the image in my updates, unless someone tells me otherwise.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Update! The interior has not increased as much as it seems by the file size. The conquest map is included.

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Update. Both top and first floors are about complete. I should be done by the end of the week.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Flickering/Overlapping issues
in addition to most of the rugs

1) In the main floor upstairs bedroom, the TR_in_C_Plain_Bay02 top molding is overlapping with the in_c_plain_room_center top molding (the one you see as you enter the room - not the one by the bed).
2) Again flickering on the NICE square table made from TR_in_C_Plain_Rail00. Love it. All these tables have overlapping issues.

Topfloor
1)Overlapping floor at door to library

Vault
Shelf supports are overlapping.

Add baseboards to the walls in the large circular display room - where the statue is.
Edit: Some more work tables down stairs would be good too.

Very nice work - the feel is much better than that place in Helnim. Looks like people are actually working here.
Any plans to make the brushes - I'd like to see the velk hair brush. Maybe swiftoak can make some.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Thanks for the list! These errors will be fixed in the next update.

Hey, 200 posts!

RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Finished! Reviewers, make sure to use the .esp file.

Here is Rats' map to go with the claim. No other maps have been made at this time.
Attachments
skyconquestmap.zip
(149.22 KiB) Downloaded 137 times

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Who is tasked with making the maps?
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone is currently tasked with making all the maps. Rats, of course, spent time making at least one, but I don't know if he is up for making any more?. . .

If no one is currently up for finishing them, the remainder will probably just be added when they're ready, whenever that may be.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

At least the int can be reviewed - off it goes.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I was just thinking that I may be able to help and make some of the maps for this interior -- does anyone know what sort of maps it needs? Any particular dungeon maps? More conquest maps?

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Oh! If you can make a map of any part of the massive Kemel-Ze ruin that's both informative and aesthetically pleasing that'd be great.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Good! I'll see how much time I'll have to work on the map, in the next couple weeks.

RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

A quick map idea--forgive me if it seems too cheesy. How about a proposed location for the Hall of Lzigat, in Kemel-Ze?

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Sounds alright.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: misc_flask_02 and misc_flask_04 in the main floor bedroom rested unevenly on a shelf, F'd them each once more to rest properly.

misc_dwrv_artifact60 floated on one end.

TR_furn_com_closet_02_c floated

light_com_sconce_01 bled into a doorframe too much

light_com_candle_10_128 floated on the counter

TR_misc_com_silverware_pot_01 floated above the table in the basement

misc_dwrv_coin00 floated on the cushion in the vault

all four misc_dwrv_artifact60 floated in the vault's vault

misc_dwrv_artifact00 floated on one end as well.

dwrv_chest00_common also floated

fixed the scale of TR_misc_dice to 0.50

TR_bk_The1stScrollofBaandar didn't rest properly in the top floor cell

another misc_flask_01 and misc_flask_02 didn't rest properly in the top floor cell on the desk.

Comments not sure what the furn_com_coatofarms_01 is doing above Dwemer artifacts.

It seems to me that this HQ might be a little too centered around Dwemer archaeology. Yes, that's their biggest subject, no doubt... but is it their only one? Probably not. As a provincial HQ, I think they could have some Velothi/older Resdayn stuff as well.

Rating
Attachments
TR_i3-278-Imp_RyanS_1.esp
(97.72 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Yes, I agree that there may be a bit more dwemer artifacts than needed. But there are definitely plenty of other relics in the building, especially on the top floor. Are you sure you have checked everything? Because I believe there may be some Old Resdayn treasures up there too.

I kind of liked Jule's dwarven coat-of-arms design. But if you don't think it fits with the interior, that's alright with me.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Doing Final Review
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review: Fits the exterior (Shape/Size/Door/Windows): Yes (Its a bit bigger than the exterior – but thats ok)

Ambient/Sunlight/Fog/illegal-to-sleep-here: ok/ok/ok/yes
Correct TileSet: Yes
Books: OK
Container Contents: Ok
Items Rotated enough: Yes
In-game Map: OK – added blacksquares
Locks/Traps: Ok – adjust some
Check Lights: Ok
GRID PATH: Done

NEW ITEMS
ARMO: TR_a_m3-278_rebelbracer_l (Wt: 10, Value: 200, Health: 50, EnchPoints: 100, Armour: 5, Enchantment: TR_en_m3-278_rebelbracer)
ARMO: TR_a_m3-278_rebelbracer_r (Wt: 10, Value: 200, Health: 50, EnchPoints: 100, Armour: 5, Enchantment: TR_en_m3-278_rebelbracer)
ARMO: TR_a_m3-278_dwrvhelm (Wt: 9, Value: 950, Health: 150, EnchPoints: 250, Armour: 17, Enchantment: TR_en_m3-278_Fzhark)

BOOK: TR_bk_m3-278_iasm_note( Off limits note)
BOOK: TR_bk_m3-278_cleaninstructions (Piece of paper describing how to clean items) Value: 0
BOOK: TR_bk_m3-278_log (Book) Value: 0
BOOK: TR_bk_m3-278-welcome (Piece of paper welcoming visitors) Value: 0
BOOK: TR_map_m3-278_skyconquests (Scroll of “Nord Conquests of the First Eraâ€Â￾ map using image tr\skyrim_conquests_rats.dds)
BOOK: TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder (Scroll EMPTY) Value:0
BOOK: TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder2 (Scroll EMPTY) Value:0
BOOK: TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder3 (Scroll EMPTY) Value:0
BOOK: TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder4 (Scroll EMPTY) Value:0
BOOK: TR_bk_m3-278_placeholder5 (Book EMPTY) Value:0
BOOK: TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder6 (Scroll EMPTY) Value:0

CONT: TR_chest_m3-278_paper (Small Chest, Contents: (3) sc_paper_plan, (5) Gold_01, (1) Misc_Inkwell, (1) Misc_Quill)

ENCH:TR_en_m3-278_rebelbracer (Constant Effect: Fortify Agility +5)
ENCH: TR_en_m3-278_Fzhark (Constant Effects: Fortify Armorer +5, Fire Damage 0-5)

MISC: TR_key_m3-278-ancient (Value: 500)
MISC: TR_key_m3-278_vault (Value: 100)

STAT: TR_w_m3-278_dbastatic

Updated Text for TR_bk_m3-278-welcome
Welcome to the Morrowind Headquarters of the Imperial Archaeological Society. All guests are free to view the exhibits on the first, second and third floors.<BR>
Please do not touch, or disturb any of the exhibits. <BR>

Updated Text for TR_bk_m3-278_cleaninstructions
change aproved to approved

The following are in the TR_DATA_Seneca37_001.esp file

NEW MODELS: Trap doors for rich Imperial homes
DOOR: TR_in_com_trapbottom_02 (Model: tr\i\TR_in_com_trapbtm_02.nif)
DOOR: TR_in_com_traptop_02 (Model: tr\i\TR_in_com_traptop_02.nif)

NEW BOOKS that should be added to TR_DATA.ESM, to keep the set complete
TR_bk_mapbook_m2_01
TR_bk_mapbook_m2_02

Various minor adjustment were made to several items. If you need to know what they are just ask. Below are the major changes made

CHANGES MADE TO TR_i3-278-Imp

OVERLAP
Adjusted all TR_in_C_Plain_HiWalls
TR_In_C_Pillar_W00 (-128, 1152, 0)

OTHER ISSUES
TR_a_i3-278_rebelbracer_l (-852, 435, 74) Updated to be wearable

ITEMS ADDED
TR_in_C_Trim_00 (-1088,768,0),(-256,1032,256),(-512,1032,256)
TR_misc_explodo_body
TR_misc_explodo_rotors
light_velothi_brasier_off
urn_05
in_v_l_int_lcolumn_03
velothian_helm
velothian_shield

ITEMS REMOVED
furn_com_coatofarms_01 (34, -32, 159)
light_com_sconce_02_128 (-516, -16, 172)
light_com_sconce_02_128 (-610, 611, 171)
TR_In_C_plain_beam0 (-784, 904, 488)
TR_in_C_Plain_Floor1 (0, 0, 0)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-384, 640, 0)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-640, 384, 0)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-640, 640, 256)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-640, 640, 256)
TR_in_C_Plain_Rail00 (-436, -56, -0)
TR_in_C_Plain_Rail00 (56, 436, -0)

ITEMS REPLACED
Com_Chest_11_pos (-713, 1373, 272) Replaced with Com_Chest_11_B1

CHANGES MADE TO CELL TR_i3-278-Imp Basement

OTHER ISSUES
TR_in_com_vaultdoor (Both) Scaled to 1.01 to fix gap at either top or bottom of door

ITEMS ADDED
repair_master_01
pick_apprentice_01
basket and chest to guard room

CHANGES MADE TO CELL TR_i3-278-Imp Top Floor

OVERLAP
in_c_djamb_plain_arched (-151, -32, 512) overlapping with in_c_djamb_rich_arched (-152, -32, 512)
tr_furn_com_rug_ay02b (90, 598, 512) Overlapping other rugs, scaled down

OTHER ISSUES
light_com_candle_07 (265, -600, 603) Put candle on a plate
tr_furn_com_rug_ay02b (90, 598, 512) Overlapping other rugs scaled down to 0.85
TR_In_C_plain_r2_grnd9 (232, -272, 512) Adjust position (lowered .02 to prevent flickering)

ITEMS ADDED
furn_hook_01 (2) for TR_furn_com_tapest_map
TR_bk_mapbook_m2_01 and _02.
TR_bk_brown_book
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar2 (4) to top of tower to hide some overlapping, and tidy up exposed column ends.

ITEMS REMOVED
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-144, 352, 512)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-152, 360, 512)
TR_In_C_plain_r2_pillar0 (-152, 360, 512)

ITEMS REPLACED
TR_bk_GuardsMemory (465, -536, 529) *Deprecated* with TR_bk_PaintedPeoples_GD

Adding all the House books because these people would need to know who's in charge of the various regions

The following books were replaced because I did not see a need for them to be here:
TR_bk_PaintedPeoples_GD replaced with TR_bk_white_book
bookskill_hand to hand2 replaced with TR_bk_Blue_Book

Changes made are in the file at the top

Comments Very nice work – good job to both Jule and RyanS.

I did remove the coat-of-arms because its been used in other imperial interiors. I replaced it and the cog with a large mech hand, and increased the size of the static dwemer battle axes, in order to make them more of a focal point. The area around the main display was fixed up (removed the rails and adjusted the display table with the head on it). I also used the star shaped columns throughout the main area.
All the dwemer items were moved to the first floor, and a few velothi items were added to the 2nd floor.
I locked the door to the library, because I felt that this would be one of the main working areas for the dean and his wife, and having the public walking in would be counterproductive.

I made the outer vault door a pickable 100 lock, or will open with the vault key. The inner vault door requires the key.

NOTES TO NPCER and QUESTER:
There is a dwemer ancient key (TR_key_m3-278-ancient) that is in the vault but not used in this interior. It can be used for a quest.
The vault key (TR_key_m3-278_vault) needs to be on the Dean. The inner vault will not open without it, and it is not in this interior.

Rating 9 out of 10
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Before I finalize this, I'd like another reviewer or lead to give this a look over.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Review: Lighting/Fog: good
Illegal to Sleep Here: set
Containers: fine
Locks: good
Books: ok
Correct Tileset: yes
Items rotated enough: yes
In-game map: good
GRID Path: set
New Items: ok

Bleeders:
-velothian shield

Floaters:
-both TR_a_m3-278_rebelbracer_l and TR_a_m3-278_rebelbracer_r
-dwrv_mechhead00 (microscopic)

Other issues:
-a few items in the vault were hard to reach - fixed
-fixed a grammatical error in the welcome note.
-replaced com_chest_01_misc04 (ancient chest) with Com_Chest_01_K01
-added a <br> to the bottom of the cleanup note.
-slightly increased the value of TR_a_m3-278_dwrvhelm.

Comments There were no new major issues. Seneca's new trapdoor meshes are included in this file, and as of now require TR_Data_Seneca37_001.(Along with a few new map books.) They should hopefully be added to data soon. Awesome work to Jule, Seneca, and myself. :D
Attachments
TR_i3-278-Imp Final.zip
(44.06 KiB) Downloaded 9 times

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Um, did you just final review your own claim?! :O
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I'll look it over before finalizing it.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I was actually given permission to review the claim, both because nobody else had, and because Seneca37 had asked for another reviewer to check the changes. Sorry, I probably shouldn't have written 'final'. But other than that, there shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Review: Set “Health Leftâ€Â￾ to 0 for all weapons/armor on display.
Lowered Uses Left on all repair items.
Adjusted door markers a bit. Making sure no part of the door marker is inside a door or wall.

Comments TR_key_m3-278_vault needs to be on the leader of the archeological society.

The following book and 5 scrolls still need content:
TR_bk_m3-278_placeholder5
TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder
TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder2
TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder3
TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder4
TR_sc_m3-278_placeholder6

TR_Data_Seneca37_001.esp needs to be merged with TR_DATA.esm.

Use my latest file at the top.

Rating
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Merged with the OE Section file.