i4-20-Red

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i4-20-Red

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-20-Red (#878)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_4-2-Red (#139)
Claimed by: kapuhy
Files: TR_i4-20-Red_Massalinie_1.zip; TR_i4-20-Red_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i4-20-Red_kapuhy_1.rar; TR_i4-20-Red_kapuhy_2.rar

---

Karthor Dale interior nr. 7:
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/Vegor/karthordale.JPG

Wealthy residence.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I suggest that this "Wealthy Residence" should be a family manor.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Sload and I would like to join claim this one, again, he'll do the arcitecture and I'll do the furniture. We want to make it a big manor. Very wealthy family, probably because of ownership of a lot Karthor Dale land and stuff. Of course, we will keep within the ammount of space given, there will be no basement at the front but I made the claim below and it down't go very far into the rock so we may have a small basement at the back, other that that it's two stories. Sload will do what he likes with the shape when he gets back (he's gone til monday so this claim will have to wait til early next week) I'm not entirely sure what he has planned.

--Mass--
Hermit
Developer Emeritus

Post by Hermit »

Okay. You get that claim. Use OoT's new wealthy dark elf meshes and stuff! We need to get thatspread!

Granted and happy modding, you two. :)
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT_datafiles.rar (7.5 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (108.8 KB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Old_v1.tar.gz (56.7 MB)
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

This was an excellent exercise in Redoran architecture.
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Does it mean, they don´t want to continue their work with this interior-cell?

Could I try it then?
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Ahhhh....no,
okay, i´m wrong. They do separate work. I won´t touch this topic anymore, sorry
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

right.....

anyway, the progress on this is... Kitchen. that's about all i've managed to do, but i've been so unbelievably biusy this past week that it's not surprising. It is likely with all the stuff i have planned this week that it won' get finished til the weekend. Apologies for my slowness, iut is a big interior after all :)

--Mass--
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

handing over to Melonman on account of I'm bored of it, and i will probably never find the time to finish it.

Oh yeah, and it wouldn't let me edit the claim without fixing the nodes, so i did. :P
Melonman64

Status

Post by Melonman64 »

The claim is coming along fine. I felt as though I should post so no one thinks I'm not doing anything. I'm almost done with the entrance (it's a biiiiiiiiiiig entrance), but school keeps getting in the way. Do I want good grades or good modding skills?
Why are you reading this?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

both if possible :P
nah, school takes precedence, don't feel that there is a rush on this or anything. Just take your time and do a good job. I'm aware that it is a big interior.

--Mass--
Melonman64

Post by Melonman64 »

Thanks. I was worried there might be a deadline, but now that I know there isn't, I feel a bit better. I will now return to my modding.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Melonman, if you have any questions about what I intended for any rooms feel free to ask. :)
Melonman64

Post by Melonman64 »

Ok, Thanks.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ok, well Melonman has told me that he no longer wants this claim as he does not intend to apply to be A TR modder. Therefore i am revoking it.

However, Sload put a lot of work into the arcitecture for this claim and says he would be very disappointed if it was tossed away, so i insist that whoever claims this next uses the arcitecture provided and only makes minor changes if neccessary. I realise that usually we wouldn't put these kind of restrictions on a claim, but i happen to really like the arcitecture for this too and so i'm making an acception. (also it may have been me that was supposed to do this in the first place... heh)
Ede

Post by Ede »

I will continue from the arcitecture thats been done or massalines file. Should i use the oot rich furniture like hermit suggested or is it optional?

Ede
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

It is most certainly an option, though to follow Hermit's advice would be a wise thing indeed :)
Granted and happy modding!
Note: please make sure you finish your other claims too though.
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.7 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
Ede

Post by Ede »

Please revoke this!!!

I should have looked at the claim before grabbing it, this isnt something i would enjoy making. Sorry!

Next claimer should fix broken roof in entrance cell and remove unused roof pieces in pool cell.

Ede
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Revoked as per request.

Please don't do this on a regular basis though
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Because I made the architecture and was surprised to hear that there was an error in it needing fixing, I downloaded the latest file from right there are looked for both errors you mentioned.

In the entrance hall I searched thoroughly for a problem with the roof, and I found none. Please elaborate on this error.

In the pool, I have seen the "unused roof peice," and it was not an unused roof peice at all. I imagine you are either refering to the large room peice, which is used as the floor for the pool but not the roof, or the double-height small one, which is actually used as part of the bench. Please remember that elaborate areas like this often require using only parts of the pieces, and that you shouldn't delete them unless you've examined every part of them.

Thanks.
Skyfire the Bibliomancer
Developer

Post by Skyfire the Bibliomancer »

How abou a large redoran manor
Ede

Post by Ede »

Its where 4 tiles meet that i remember seeing a problem in the entrance cell, i will check again tonight and get back to you tommorrow.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

I'm sorry, skyfire, are you trying to claim this? because your claiming messege doesn't make much sense to me. Please try to show that you understand what needs to be done to this claim in your post so that i know that you're the right person to grant it to. Also you may want to at least try to go into a little detail on what you'll do, though i understand that much of this is already arranged, if you'd like to claim this, please post more than that.
Thanks,
--Mass--
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Would this not be the perfect chance to let Kapuhy do an interior, as he has no Tribunal, and this would be the only one he can do at the current moment?

Just saying, obviously, Skyfire did try to claim it first, but I'm certain Kapuhy would appreciate it...
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

First come, first serve, that's the rule. If Skyfire truely wants this then he should speak up and claim it properly, if he can find it in the goodness of his heart to give this to Kapuhy, that's fine too.
Skyfire the Bibliomancer
Developer

Post by Skyfire the Bibliomancer »

No that's fine, someone else can have this.
Ede

Post by Ede »

Sload there are two holes in the roofs of the entrance cell,
One on the lower floor and one on the upper floor.

These are the tiles that cause the problem.
in_r_s_int_center_05
in_r_s_int_center_06

The jpg is of the hole in the lower floor.

edit Removed image
Last edited by Ede on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

I will claim it with pleasure if Skyfire lets me. As for the holes in the roof, I've found them too, Ede is right.

As Massalinie wrote, with the architecture done, it's more or less arranged. A wealthy residence of rich Redoran family - so de_r furniture. Head of the family may be the rich landowner (his will be the biggest bedroom), he'd have a son or two who, according to Redoran traditions, would be warrior-types. In the "Dining room" section, one of the little rooms near the kitchen may be servant's bedroom, other may be the stores of some kind. As for the dining room, entrance hall and the pool, they'ra rather obvious.

One thing I noticed, though - the "entrance" part has two unlinked doors, leading (as I suppose) outside. And in the exterior it looks like single big door, with doors to claims 19 and 21 nearby... I don't see it matching each other. Is the "entrance" unfinished or it's just me?
Serric
Reviewer

Post by Serric »

erm...kapuhy, press the 'claim' button (at the top)...
Approved: 15 In review: 0 Claimed: 0
Reviews Done: ~85
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

There is nothing wrong with the entrance, the number of doors is correct, and yes if you want to claim this, please press the "claim" button in the top right hand corner of the page :)
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Sorry, when I wrote last message the interior was still in "pending" interiors, and I couldn't click "claim" button :) So I write again:

A wealthy residence of rich Redoran family - so de_r furniture. Head of the family may be the rich landowner (his will be the biggest bedroom), he'd have a son or two who, according to Redoran traditions, would be warrior-types. In the "Dining room" section, one of the little rooms near the kitchen may be servant's bedroom, other may be the stores of some kind. As for the dining room, entrance hall and the pool, they'ra rather obvious.

Ok, is this done properly this time?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Yessum, that's good. If you want some tips on the layout, talk to Sload, he designed it and would be happy to help you.
Granted and happy modding.

It's a big interior, so please keep us updated.
No NPCs or creatures please, and no need to change the arcitecture on this one, as previously noted.
Recommeded OoT packages:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.esm (1.7 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_OOT_Main.tar.gz (58.3 MB)
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/files/oot/TR_EoT.esm (112.6 KB)
kapuhy
Reviewer

Progress report

Post by kapuhy »

Ok, first thing I have to do is to apologise for the confusion I caused over the doors. I somehow didn't notice the note over the link to the Karthor Dale map and was convinced that numbers on this map correspond to claim id number. So, me blind, you right.

Now for the progress - I'm done with "Dining Room" cell (might want to add some more objects to the kitchen later, though), and now I'm modding through the "Bedrooms" cell. I hope to finish this cell by tomorrow or Tuesday.

It's my first claim, so I have one little question: should I be uploading upgraded .esp from time to time or just save it until everything's finished?
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

That doesn't really matter in an interior, because most of them are too small to really matter, but in an exterior it's requests that you update it semi-frequently. It depends on if you think it will take you long enough for a hard drive crash to happen or for someone else to need to look at it.

In other words, you can if you want.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Thanks. So I'll update it as soon as I finish bedrooms.
kapuhy
Reviewer

File update

Post by kapuhy »

Bedrooms and Dining Room are more or less completed (I'll have to check them for errors, though). File updated.

Bedrooms from left to right belong to: Wife of the house owner, himself (the big one), and his two sons (rooms with armor inside). The last one is guest bedroom, currently uninhabited.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Finished at last...

I wasn't supposed to touch the architecture, but the fireplace in the entrance room, though looking good, may seem a bit illogical. I mean, there is no chimney or just a hole in the roof above the fireplace to let the smoke leave the room. I doubt player will notice this, but anyway..

I stay ready to fix any errors you find (hoping there aren't too many).
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

kapuhy wrote:I wasn't supposed to touch the architecture, but the fireplace in the entrance room, though looking good, may seem a bit illogical. I mean, there is no chimney or just a hole in the roof above the fireplace to let the smoke leave the room. I doubt player will notice this, but anyway..
I have no objects to this. The fireplace was only used because it was designed to fit the curve at the stairs.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Well, if it'll be necessary, a second similar fireplace turned upside down would make fitting chimney (maybe not very well looking, but I see no other way). I might add it when I'll be fixing whatever reviewers tell me to fix.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It looks like kapuhy cleaned the cell out of this. Can someone else check it that is true? If it is true, I think it would be best to revoke it.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.