Post by Graff »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-44-Mis (#978)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-24-Tel (#42)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

According to Tel Ouada's inhabitants, Apelles Scerius is looking rather frustrated at the moment, apparently a thieves guild deal went sour. Apelles Scerius seems very keen to keep things quiet, but Tel Ouada is awash with rumours, ranging from an assassination attempt on Mistress Rathra, according to Muriele, to a poor deal on skooma, according to Rithle.

Aoelles seems very keen to speak with you, and asks if you've done thieves work before, if you tell him "Yes", he seems even more pleased. Bit by bit, he explains that he is a former mage's guild member, and for some time has wished to gain possession of a rare spellbook belonging to Mistress Rathra, and had saved to hire the Thieves Guild to steal it for him.

Unfortunately, Rathra's defences were far better than the Thieves Guild estimated, and the unlucky thieves despatched to steal the book were imprisoned, or splattered across the Mistress's tower wall, depending on who you believe, and the Thieves Guild has failed to return his deposit.

However, not one to give up, Apelles has decided to hire a freelance thief to acquire the spellbook for him. That's where the player comes in. Breaking into Rathra's tower, and retrieving the book from the Rathra's Bedchamber will be no easy task, but the player will be well-rewarded, apparently.

From then on, it's a basic case of break-and-enter, take-the-book, and run-like-hell.

When the book is given to Apelles, all seems well, and Apelles seems eager to reward the player, at some unspecified later date. The player has the choice to dispute this, or agree to pick up the reward later.

Two days after the book has been returned, Tel Ouada is once again awash with rumours. Apparently, the Telvanni Lord and his guards came to Apelles's house, and after a big light show, left with a large book in his hands, and a guard carrying a bucket. Muriele was near the house when it happened, but apparently no-one has seen her since, though sometimes people can hear her speak (follow-up quest, curing Y of invisibility?).

If the player should care to visit Rathra's tower after this, Rathra will acknowledge the player as the thief, and strangely enough, be amused, rather than angry at him. It turns out that Rathra wanted to experiment with her alteration against a trained, knowledgable subject (but of course, non-guild-affliated mages are something of a rarity), so he arranged for the book to end up in Apelles's hands.

Apparently, Rathra says, Apelles is in the tower right now, you might have to look hard for him though.

If you can't find Apelles still, the Lord gives you a clue.

Second shelf in the bedroom, third jar on the right.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Please fill in details about NPC's and locations and I will grant it.
THEO
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I've done the NPCs, but to be honest, the dialogue claims thing confuses me a little, am I supposed to name the dialogue topic, then label it so it won't be duplicated? Then am I supposed to just put the actual dialogue in the description, or do I have say who it's attached to, or what?

This would be so much simpler with Nicotine.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

I think this is done in terms of design now, except for dialogue...

Graff.