q1-46-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

q1-46-Mis

Post by Lud »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-46-Mis (#1134)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_1-37-Tel (#61)
Claimed by: Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Files: TR_q1-46-Mis_Bloodthirsty Crustacean_1.esp

---

Port Telvannis
The first 4 misc quests for here.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I'll start the ball rolling with this old idea by Phaen

Title: "The Con Artist"
Questmakers name: I suck at the CS, so I can't make it- can someone volunteer to make it?
Story: After the player goes to Gah Sadrith, he/she sees Massad, a Redguard (I don't think hes being used in any quests-is he?), who says that he sells rare weapons. The player can barter with him for items such as daedric weapons, artifacts (that he made up) at cut prices (make sure that they have the same value as the real ones, but that he has a low Mercantile skill or something so that it costs much less.)
After the player buys an item/items from Massad, if he tries to use the item, he receives a text-box saying that the item shattered into hundreds of pieces (and is removed from his/her inventory.) The player also receives a journal entry saying that. Upon returning to Gah Sadrith, Massad is gone.
Talking to other NPCs in the area, he hears that Massad was talking about traveling to Vvardenfell. The player can find him in Firewatch. Upon talking to Massad, he apologizes and says that he was horribly in debt and needed money to pay his debt off, and asks the PC to spare his life.

If the PC accepts, then he can Massad in to a guard by talking to a guard about "Massad" and thus earn 500 gold from the Imperial commander in Firewatch. Massad will be found in the jail after that. This ends the quest.
If the PC kills Massad, then he finds the gold he paid Massad and some more (as Massad would have conned more people- obviously the debt story was a lie.) The quest is over after this as well.
NPC's Involved: Massad, and the NPCs in Gah Sadrith
Locations Involved: Gah Sadrith and Firewatch
Dialogues:
When first talking to Massad, Massad says:
"Greetings. I have had the fortune to acquire some very rare weapons, that an adventurer like you are no doubt interested in."
When asked about "rare weapons", Massad says:
"I'm sorry, but I promised not to reveal where I got these weapons from, and I keep my promises."
Talking to him about "Dragonflame" (the name of one of the artifacts he sells), he says:
"Also known as the Gift of Akatosh, this is an ancient sword of unsurpassable quality. It is said that whenever Akatosh deigns the wearer unworthy, Dragonflame will be taken away and hidden for the next chosen one."
Talking to him about "Skycleaver", he says:
"The Axe Skycleaver was created before recorded history by the Daedra Princess Azura. It is she who determines who should possess the axe and for how long a time."
Talking to him about "Spear of Death", he says:
"Appearing to be a simple Dwemer spear, this is one of the most ancient relics of Tamriel. Aside from its importance in the War of the First Council, this spear carries a deadly poison that will kill anyone it strikes.It is said that the Spear still searches for its original owner, and will not remain the property of anyone else for long. For most, possessing the Spear for any length of time is power enough."
Talking to him about "Bonecracker", he says:
"This mace was created in the First Era by the Daedra Prince Mehrunes Dagon. History does not record any bearers of Bonecracker. However, the Fighters Guild was once decimated by a vicious internal power struggle. It is suspected that this mace was involved."
Talking to him about "Backstabber", he says:
"This dagger is constructed of real dragon bone and was enchanted by the first Imperial Battlemage, Zurin Arctus, in the early years of the Third Era. It is a truly exquisite piece of work and many have sought to possess it. The properties of Backstabber allow the bearer to kill almost anything in a single stab. Little is known about the involvement of Zurin Arctus with the enchantment of the dagger, but an old tale speaks of a debt that he owed to a traveling thief. Like the thief, the Dragonbone Mail never stays put for long."

(If the PC is observant enough, he will realize that these are just descriptions copied from the "Famed Artifacts of Tamriel" book with slight changes.)
After talking to people in the town about Massad (before he leaves), they say
"He just came to Gah Sadrith, so I don't know much about him. He seems a bit strange to me though."

After Massad leaves, the people in the town say:
"I guess Massad didn't like Gah Sadrith much. He was talking about traveling to Vvardenfell, where he had some friends. I told him that Vvardenfell was under quarantine because of the Blight and he couldn't return if he travelled there, but he insisted on it. Since he's gone, I guess that's where he went."

Upon finding Massad in Firewatch, he says:
"Oh- its you! Er... I'm really sorry about the weapons I sold you, but I had to do it- I was horribly in debt and had to find a way to repay it. Now that I repaid my debt, I can't return the money to you- I'm really sorry. You seem like a kind person- will you have mercy on me and spare me?"
(answering yes)
"Thank you! May Satakal bless you!"
(answering no)
"Then I'll hack you to pieces! Die!" (goodbye message upon which he attacks you.)

Talking to a guard about "Massad" if you let him go:
"What? A con artist? Thank you for reporting it to us; many people have reported that they were tricked by him. Now that he is in Firewatch, we can apprehend him easily. You should visit my commander in Firewatch to receive a reward for turning him in."

Talking to the Imperial commander in Firewatch about "Massad", he says: "Thank you for turning him, here is five hundred drakes as a reward." (add 500 gold to inventory.)

In the jail, if you try talking to Massad, he says:
"I don't want to talk about it."

Additional information:
This quest requires creating several weapons with the exact same statistics/value/etc. as the original weapons, but with a different ID and having a script that results in a text-box saying that it shattered when you attack something with it and the weapon being removed from your inventory.
It also requires a journal entry being made when the script above activates, explaining the situation (it turned out Massad had tricked me- the weapon was a fake, etc.)

Quest Title: Hunting an Ogrim

Quest Type: Misc. (near Port Telvannis)

Quest Maker: Starcrunch

Story:
Initiation: This quest is a nearly straight forward monster hunt. North of Port Telvannis (North coast of the island) the PC can meet Nalenteris Brendu (Dunmer, Spellsword added by this quest). Nalenteris is young and foolish. He has seen an Ogrim in the area and would like to slay it so he may claim its heart to take back to his father (Aresthi Brendu, a PT shopkeeper already in game), he asks that the PC support him in this effort, however he requests that the PC let him do the fighting (i.e. the player cannot damage the monster's health in any way). The player may cast supporting spells on Nalenteris or debilitating spells on the Ogrim (or draw its fury).
Fight: Now the Ogrim will be just to the west down the coast, when the PC arrives with Nalenteris in tow combat will begin (Nalenteris will follow the PC for 3 hours then quit if the PC has not found the Ogrim, this ends the quest). Three things may occur at this stage:
1.) The player attacks and kills the Ogrim saving Nalenteris from the beast.
2.) The player supports Nalenteris' efforts and he eventually kills the beast.
3.) The Ogrim pummels Nalenteris to a bloody pulp.
Conclusion: Option (1) will result in Nalenteris getting very miffed with the player and telling him to get lost. However if the player visits Aresthi Brendu he will express his gratitude and explain that his son is a good boy but not very sensible. This leads to a major disposition boost with Aresthi making him a reliable trader in this otherwise hostile city (granted if the PC is Telvanni this reward is nearly useless). Nalenteris will appear outside his father's shop after the player mentions him to the father, he is more agreeable at this stage (no real use just a bit of atmosphere).
Option (2) will result in Nalenteris bragging about his skill as a spellsword. He will give the player 100 gold pieces for their trouble. Visiting Aresthi leads to a boost in disposition as in Option (1). Nalenteris will appear outside his father's shop after the player mentions him to the father, he is more agreeable at this stage (no real use just a bit of atmosphere).
Option (3) the Ogrim turns on the player next and the player must kill it or run. The player may of course loot the corpses for a daedra's heart from the Ogrim and 100 gold pieces plus some equipment from Nalenteris. Visiting Aresthi and mentioning his son leads him to throw you out of his shop and he will no longer do business with the player. Aresthi will similarly act this way if the player murders his son at any point.

New NPC's Involved: (** = dialogue only)
Nalenteris Brendu [north of PT]

Old NPC's Involved: (** = dialogue only)
**Aresthi Brendu [PT], quest giver

Locations Involved:
1. North of Port Telvannis, on the coast -- Quest given and action takes place

Dialouges:
Ogrim
Nalenteris Brendu
Aresthi Brendu

Note: The Ogrim may become a TR Sea Troll, this depends on the Troll's size, speed, and strength. (A large, slow monster is basically needed for this quest in order to provide a nice target for the player to cast offensize support spells like Damage Strength, ect.)

A third one, by presh (Allamu Indules becomes Teris Sevuro)

NPCs:
Golave Llaram (Dunmer female, new NPC, quest giver)
Gidave Serethi (Dunmer male, new NPC, PT informant)
Ticedo Vitellius (Imperial male, new NPC, FW informant)
Alammu Indules (Dunmer male, new NPC, Ranyon Ruhn informant)

Cells: PT Council Entry
PT (43, 17)
Howling Noose, Firewatch
Temple, Ranyon Ruhn

Objects: Note from Helseth for Gidave Serethi

Plot: The player encounters Golave Llaram in the PT council entrance. Llaram has just been given a job by one of the mouths, but she is not sure how to go about it, so she asks you to do it for her, and she will reward you. She says that Telvanni Lord Mithras has just realised that there is a new King in Mournhold, and has asked her to find out a little more about King Helseth, as he has no idea who the new King is. She suggests talking to three informants, Gidave Serethi, newly arrived in PT from Mournhold, Ticedo Vitellius, an imperial based in Firewatch and Alammu Indules, a house Indoril member visiting the temple in Ranyon Ruhn.

Gidave Serethi can be found next to the slave market in PT. When the PC first talks to him he seems eager to chat. When asked about King Helseth, he says "Isn't it shocking old King Llethan was poisoned, I'll bet Helseth was responsible." The PC is forced to choose from two dialogue options, "Yes, Helseth had a lot to gain from the death of the King" or "I don't know if the Llethan was murdered, he was elderly." If you choose the first option, the NPC says, "How dare you insult our beloved King!" Dialogue is terminated and NPC attacks the PC. If you choose the second option, the NPC says "Hmmm, you are loyal to the new King. Helseth is an excellent administrator, and he wants to revitalise the monarchy. Those who cross him should watch out." A journal entry mentions that the new King is a man to be wary of crossing. If the NPC is killed, a note is found on his body from Helseth, asking him to be his "eyes and ears in PT", so it is revealed that the NPC is working for Helseth and a journal entry reflects that.

The quest giver suggests to the PC that Ticedo Vitellius will be found in a bar, and in fact he is in the Howling Noose. Upon asking the NPC about King Helseth, he says "I'm awful thirsty, perhaps if you buy me some flin?" The PC buys some flin and gives it to the NPC. When asked about King Helseth again, he says, "That flin sure was good, how about another?" Two dialogue options appear, yes or no. If the player chooses yes, he has to buy more flin and give it to the NPC. When he talks to the NPC again, a dialogue box comes up saying that the NPC is in a drink induced slumber, and unable to talk. This will last for 24 hours from giving him the second drink.
If the PC answers no in the question, the NPC then says "OK OK, King Helseth eh? Well, he's an empire man through and through. Brought up in Wayrest you know. Those in control in Cyrodill believe they can trust him. Old King Llethan on the other hand, he was a bit of a wild card. The people loved him, thats for sure. And from all accounts he was a decent mer. The problem was that he was a fool. Those in Cyrodill breathed a sigh of relief when he passed away, because they no longer had to deal with him."
The PC then gets a journal entry saying how the new King has the support of the Empire.

The PC meets Alammu Indules in the Ranyon Ruhn Temple, and his disposition must be over 75 before he will talk to the PC about the new King. When asked about King Helseth, he will say "The new king will not last long. The people do not like him, and it is open knowledge that he poisoned King Llethan and Llethan's heir apparent. Even those in his own house Hlaalu don't trust him. The monarchy has always been a figurehead, and Helseth wants to hold real power. It is for this reason he has aroused the emnity of Almalexia, and the Goddess' wrath will not be long in falling. All those in house Indoril will celebrate that day." The PC gets journal entry mentioning how Helseth is trying to take power in Mournhold, and how Almalexia will resist it.

Golave Llaram will ask if you have talked to the three informants, and the PC must answer yes or no. If the PC answers no or has not talked to all three, she will ask the PC to carry on with the good work. If the PC has talked to all three and answers yes, she will thank the PC for all of the information, saying "Master Mithras will be pleased. He rarely takes an interest in the politics of Morrowind and this will do nicely."

She rewards you with a dwemer jinkblade.

The End

Crikey, that is quite long. Any comments etc? I haven't done any scripting before, so does this look too hard?

Cheers
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

Lud, I like these ideas, I could help with implementing them, I believe I could help with coming up for some more quests for this area. Let me know. I will stay in touch.
--Dave
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Great, you can claim Port Telvannis if you like, but you'll need 9 plots first.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
-There's a Dres slaver in Port Telvannis. It'd be nice to involve him in a quest.
-There's a big dwemer ruin beside PT that's not used for any quests. (It has smugglers in there, so that could be an opportunity for a fun dungeon crawl)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

I will take it then. I will post here in a little while with some more quests. Give a bit. I will use the three mentioned above.

I will involve the ruins in a quest, maybe to retrive an item?

Also I will write something up with the slaver, and see what I can pull out.

Give me a day, thanks.
--Dave
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

Okay, I am back and ready to work. I will get on the quests ASAP. As for coming up with the plots, is there anything real specific that is wanted. Do we need quests that are considered "main quests" or do you want me to come up with general quests?
--Dave
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well, now I see the con artist quest actually takes place in Gah Sadrith and not Port Telvannis. I am not against implementing it there, but please wait until I am done with Gah Sadrith quests and dialogues as it wouldn't be fortunate if two people were modifying it at once in different esps. Or there is another weapon selling redguard in Port Telvannis. Anyway could you do this quest as a last one.
THEO
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Maybe it'd be best to just add a new character to take Massad's place in PT.
-Ophelia Benson
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

either way. I don't think it would hurt to wait til one of the last ones. Anyway, modification is easy.
--Dave
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

It's me! I am gonna try and work on this in the next while....sorry been so delayed...duty calls when it does though. Anyway, glad I could help.
--Dave
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

I claimed this claim a while back and never got to it.

Here is what's up, I won't have time to write my own quests alone, maybe if I had some help, but as for the implementation of already written quests for this area, I'd love to do it, there are a few already done, but if someone could volunteer to write, I can do the work with the CS.
--Dave
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I'll take a look around PT and see what quest ideas I can come up with.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Alright, I wandered around a little bit last night, but unfortunately I didn't write down *all* the names I need. I'll describe them as well as I can.
With the three above, this should make nine. I can look for something else if you need it.

Quest: Noises Off
Questgiver: Cerul Arnem (enchanter)
When you greet Cerul Arnem, he says something along the lines of "WHAT? I'M SORRY, I CAN'T HELP YOU. I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ENOUGH TO ENCHANT ANYTHING WITH THAT CACOPHANY! [Goodbye]" The player, of course, will hear no 'cacophany.' The first time, this will give you a journal entry.
If you ask around about "cacophany," everyone will of course say that they don't hear anything. Some of the nearby shopkeepers will mention that Cerul Arnem has been feuding with the other enchanter in town, Turosi Salvel.
Turosi Salvel will say he doesn't know what you're talking about, but in a way that sounds suspicious. If you get his disposition up to 80 he'll admit that he gave Cerul Arnem a ring with a strong "sound" enchantment.
Go back to Cerul Arnem and he'll say the same thing, but instead of just [Goodbye] you have the option: [Gesture to take off his ring] or [Goodbye]. If you gesture, he'll take off the ring and he'll tell you the whole story of how Turosi Salvel gave him the ring as a symbol of truce, and how the enchantment didn't kick in until the second day so he didn't realize it was the ring. As a reward, he'll give you the ring and a couple of scrolls.
The ring should have a constant effect Sound on Self with a relatively high magnitude. Not terribly useful, but maybe you can sell it.

Quest: Dreugh Greaves
Questgiver: Gadaves Salvani (outdoor merchant)
Gadaves Salvani will ask you, "Excuse me, have you seen a bosmer wearing dreugh greaves pass through here?"
If you ask him about dreugh greaves, he'll tell you "I used to have a full set of dreugh armor for sale, I swear! But some bosmer n'wah stole my greaves and ran toward the riverstrider port before I could call the guards. If you see him, can you try to get my greaves back?"
Go to the riverstrider port. Any of the caravaners there will tell you, "Yes, I saw him. He ran west down the shore and ducked into [the dwemer ruin]." I don't recall the exact name of the dwemer ruin, but it begins with Bth-, and is at (38,15), I think.
Inside Bth-, in the Hall of Machines, there is a door that won't budge. One of the dwarven cranks unlocks that door. Nedheleg, bosmer thief wearing a pair of dreugh greaves, will be somewhere behind that door (dead--there are a bunch of spider centurions back there.) He should only appear after you start the quest. Take the greaves and bring them back to Gadaves Salvani for some money and a raise in disposition.
Note: requires modifying an interior, Bth-

Quest: Clerical Error
Questgiver: Bevasea Thareloth (does 'minor clerical work')
Bevasea Thareloth informs you that she has written some leaflets/balanced the account/whatever for one of the Telvanni Nobles [I know there are other quests involving Telvanni nobles... we need this one to not be involved in any other quest, suggestions?) but she has made a minor mistake. She wants you to report to the noble that his job will be ready a little later than planned, but don't mention the mistake! She has to save face after all. She tells you to make up something if you have to.
When you get to the noble's manor, he's dead. But this is no mystery, on his body you find a writ of honorable execution. He was killed by the morag tong. As the killing was legal, there is nothing to investigate. You just have to report back to Bevasea. She'll thank you and give you some money, perhaps the money that the noble had paid her for the job.
It would be quite funny if the leaflet were on her desk, and you could read it and see the very embarassing error she made. It might also be cute, if the PC was a MT member, if the MT had comments about the noble.

Quest: Houses Grow on Trees
Questgiver: Treya Siratha (at Mila Siratha's house)
Treya Siratha has been staying with her sister because she lost her own house. It is never mentioned how she lost her house, so we're going to assume it was some sort of natural disaster. We're also going to assume that she had insurance, but that the proof of her insurance was destroyed along with the house.
If you ask to Treya Siratha about it she will mention the person in either Tel Thenim or the Council House that you need to talk to (and I haven't explored enough to know who that is yet; I want someone in charge of building permits or whatever.) That person will remember the insurance policy, but without the actual document he can't do anything about it. He points you toward Bethasea Thareloth, who helped with the paperwork.
Bethasea Thareloth will have a copy of the insurance policy in her files (maybe even the original, which Treya forgot she had left with her for safekeeping.) Bring the policy back to [right person] and they will give the go-ahead to start growing a new housepod.
A new housepod begins growing in an open spot. Over the course of a few days you can watch it develop (I believe you must use housepod-shaped activators because you cannot add scripts to statics.) When it's completely grown, Treya will move in.
She won't have much of a reward for you because most of her belongings were destroyed. As a reward, she will allow you to use her house as a safe place to sleep whenever you want, plus maybe a small trinket or two.
Note: this requires (minorly) modifying an exterior (a cell in PT) and adding a new interior. I'd be happy to do that work if desired.
Note 2: Make sure you change the greetings for Treya and Mila after the quest so they no longer talk about "living with my sister."

Quest: Ninety-Nine Percent Inspiration
Questgiver: Liam (bard in the Lost Crab Tavern)
Liam is a bard, but he has lost his muse. There was a girl that used to come into the tavern that inspired him to write beautiful (in his opinion) poems and songs, but he hasn't seen her in a long time. He doesn't even remember her name! And without her, his creativity has run dry.
When you ask him about "muse" he will describe her. She should probably be pretty easy to identify compared to the other citizens in PT (i.e. probably not dunmer. Also be sure to check with/without better heads, if you describe her hair.) If you ask other people in town, they will know her name, and tell you that she left for Gah Sadrith. I haven't checked Gah Sadrith for a suitable girl yet. Ask around for her in Gah Sadrith and people can give you better directions.
Once you find her, she will refuse to come with you, saying that she left Port Telvannis *because* of his horrible songs. Apparently he had been following her around and serenading her even when she wasn't at the Lost Crab.
Two possible endings: You can report to Liam that she left because she doesn't like his songs and poems. He won't believe you, but he'll thank you for trying and suggest you get on your way (decrease in disposition.) Second is, if you can boost her disposition she will agree to visit the Lost Crab on occasion, but not very frequently and not for very long. This will please Liam so much that he'll write one of his bad poems about you, plus a mod in disposition. Maybe he'll buy you a drink. Small reward, but what do you expect from a guy who spends all day in a tavern?

Quest:
Questgiver: Ardur Salvendu (Dres slaver)
Ardur Salvendu informs you, very officially and tactfully, that one of his underlings has made an error and that a slave that had been specifically set aside for a Dres noble had been brought to Port Telvannis by mistake. He doesn't know the slave's name, but he gives you as much information as he can (Again, I haven't explored enough to know which slave to use. I'll take a closer look when I get a chance.) and between that and talking to the owner of the slave, you should be able to pinpoint the right one. He also gives you a sealed letter for the slave's owner.
The slaver in PT may have a vague memory that can help you narrow down your options (that's your call Gesshoku, but I recommend it because there are a lot of slaves and a lot of buildings to explore.) Ultimately, it's up to the player to find the right slave and to deliver the letter to its owner.
The sealed letter explains the situation to the slave's owner, and says that the slave is to follow the bearer of the letter (back to the Dres slaver.) The owner will then be permitted to choose a new slave, in addition to receiving 250 gold for the inconvenience.
Unsealing the letter will cause the owner to doubt its authenticity. As a result, s/he will not relinquish the slave, angering the Dres slaver and resulting in a failed quest.
If you successfully escort the slave back to the Dres slaver, he will give you a fairly significant monetary award (to make up for the cheapo rewards in other quests, and because it takes a fair amount of grunt work to actually find the slave.)
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Bugger, forgot to think of a title for the slaver quest. How about "The Slave Trade"?
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

back to fill in a couple missing details:
The dwemer ruin is Bthzundcheft
A decent noble to use for the clerical error quest is Tendurth Moran. Based on the size of his house he's a lower-level noble, which would explain why he's trying to make himself known by spreading leaflets. He lives alone, not even a guard, so you won't have anyone in the house saying "Oh my god, a body!" Also I don't think he's used in any other quests.
The caravaners' names are Gadam Costis and Fina Hertish.
There are actually surprisingly few slaves outside of the slave market. The best one I found is Elisa, a nord, owned by Ero Endravel. It's possible the dres slaver may not even remember the race, just that the slave is among the races of men. The "hint" from the Telvanni slaver might be that she was sold for a household, not a shop.
The best person to talk to about a housepod is probably Vero Renim, just inside the Telvanni Council House.
I couldn't find a single suitable muse in Gah Sadrith; recommend you create your own. Recommend imperial woman with either hair 3 (red ponytail) or hair 4 (short red hair.) Those two hairstyles were chosen because they are easily recognizable by those descriptions with our without better heads. As for a face, my personal preference is head 4 but it's a bit harder to describe the face so this is probably opinoin anyway.
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

This is in reference to "Houses Grow on Trees"

Not too sure about insurance...it's a pretty modern invention, seems kind of inappropriate. Might want to look into the lore for that; it may fly in Narsis or Ebonheart, but the Telvanni seem a little old fashion to subscribe to a modern buisness notion like this.

-Starcrunch
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Fair enough. I believe you had mentioned a quest idea with rats in your showcase thread, why don't you put that one up here to replace it? I can't get in-game until at least tomorrow.
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Is there no edit button or am I just missing it? I feel silly doubleposting all the time.
Just interjecting to say that since the disobedient husband quest is done and just needs to be updated (I remember reviewing that one! :)), maybe we should just go ahead and interject that one rather than the rat one. To any extent, if you have more ideas for PT, post them all and we can choose the best nine from the thread.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

There should be one next to the 'reply with quote' text....
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

...But it is missing here.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You can't edit posts in several threads, like the Map 2 exterior detailing ones.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

groza528 wrote:Fair enough. I believe you had mentioned a quest idea with rats in your showcase thread, why don't you put that one up here to replace it? I can't get in-game until at least tomorrow.
Unfortunately that plot thread is lost to me. Dexter or Theo may have a copy. Also I know it would conflict with Cerul Arnem quest (as he was the main character). And your quest seems good to me. PT is big enough not to have two independent (non-linked) misc. quests for the same person. If Dex or Theo have this plot and can post the script for it, I may be able to find a different suitable location in PT.

-Starcrunch
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

[url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=13004&highlight=rats[/url]

Actually above is a link to the Pack Rats!!! quest line in the forum archive. Obviously a new pair of neigbors needs to be found.

-Starcrunch

PS. Sorry about the double post.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Gesshoku mentioned that he'd be gone away for a little while, so this will have to wait a couple of days until he comes back.
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Just weighing in again, as there are eleven quests discussed in this thread; I personally like the following nine:

The Con Artist (Need a different NPC since Massad is in Gah Sadrith. New?)
Hunting an Ogrim
A Disobedient Husband
Pack Rats (moved to a different location)
Noises Off
Dreugh Greaves
Clerical Error
Ninety-Nine Percent Inspiration
The Slave Trade

my Housepods Grow on Trees should be ditched completely because Starcrunch is right about insurance, and because it would ruin a perfectly good pair of NPCs with unique dialogue.
Information about King Helseth could easily become a Telvanni faction quest.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

I've PMed Gess, so hopefully he'll be round soon. (He last logged in on the 26th)
I agree with you on the quests, not a huge fan of anachronisms.
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Meant to put this in the previous post, stupid lack of edit button :)

Also, I recommend that this be split into two claims. I don't mean this as an insult to Gesshoku (I admit, I haven't seen any of your work) but 9 quests is a lot. Especially in case there's some personal emergency [knock on wood] and Gesshoku vanishes from the board for a time, we'd have that much less to have to reclaim. Plus, I believe Starcrunch has WIPs for some of his quests, or an inclination to make some of them himself.
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

heya, I'm alive :) Sorry I've not been around. I have looked over the quests and the 9 that Groza listed seem fine. As for the splitting the claim in two, that would be okay. 9 quests is a lot whether you are good at questing or not. I will do the 9 if I have to, but if we want to split it that is 100% okay. Oh thanks for the PM lud by the way.

Anyway, thanks for working on ideas, that takes a lot of stress off of me.

So seeing that I am still a little new to questing, what happens from here?
--Dave
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Ok, splitting this seems like a good idea.
If one of you could post which 4/5 of these quest you want to claim would be the simplest way.

Because of the possibilities of dialogue conflicts, ye'll want to each make lists of what NPCs to use and post them up.
-Ophelia Benson
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Ludovic,
I've already made A Disobedient Husband back on an old version of the map (v85 IIRC), do you want me to fix it up?

Also I made two other quests for PT, one called Murder and Intrigue (the plot line is posted in the lore forum) and one called Lost in Translation.

The Lost in Translation plot is pretty simple and went as follows:

A Dres noble is in PT to get the Telvanni's support for some such law (a slave trade law IIRC) but has lost his scroll of recall at the inn (can't remember which in, but its the one like the Gateway Inn). The player has to retieve it. But things aren't that simple, the Dres noble only speaks Dunmeri, and the PC only gets a translation with high enough intelligence (major discount for Dunmer PC's and a small discount for Altmer PC's). Other wise they have to play "blind" or know the Dunmeri language. The origional concept for this quest was developed by SirWoot, I made minor changes and implemented it into PT.

Do you want me to do anything with these quests?

-Starcrunch
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I forgot about Murder and Intrigue, and I didn't realize anything had ever been done with Lost in Translation. If we use Murder and Intrigue I might recommend changing the name, or else changing the main quest name (Ritual and Intrigue) as they are quite similar.
As for Lost in Translation, it would be most sensible to replace The Slave Trade, since that quest also involves the Dres noble.
I would not be insulted if any of my quest ideas were abandoned, but I'll let everyone else duke this out. Perhaps the best solution is for the modders to choose which four or five of these eleven quests they wish to do, on the condition that exactly one of Slave Trade and Lost in Translation be used (as the Dres noble really should be involved, but not more than once).
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

I really like your Dres Slaver quest. We could also change Lost in Translation to be an old school Telvanni with other buisness in PT (or even unspecified concerns) without too much trouble. That would allow us to keep a great quest idea while not losing a previously made quest that shows off TR's Dunmeri language.

If it came down to a fight between choosing one over the other, I'd argue for the Dres Slaver quest, mostly because the Lost in Translation quest is a bit more inaccessible most PC's but it's a bit tough on non-intelligent PC's. The only thing going for it, is that it's mostly already made (though most of the work was translation, it's a pretty light quest for scripting).

-Starcrunch
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

I don't know much about lost in translation, but I do know that I love the dres slaver quest, and it's lay out. So if I have a vote thats where it would be. As for selecting 4/5 I will do whatever is left, groza are you going to do the others? Ifso go ahead and pick what you want and I will work from there, I am 100% capable of doing difficult questing so don't worry about that when you decide. I don't really care, which is why I am letting you choose, just let me know.
--Dave
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I figured Starcrunch would take them because he has WIPs for some, and I recall him saying he wanted to make the hunting an ogrim quest. If he doesn't want them I'm happy to take them, as soon as I finish q1-58-mis
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

I have dropped my request to claim q1-55 (FW misc) so I can work on these instead. No offence to FW but PT is just sexier (and my one FW quest already made is my least favorite, least well built quest).

I'd be willing to work on the following 5 quests:

Murder and Intrigue (one of mine)
Killing and Ogrim (since I wrote the origional proposal)
Pack Rats!!! (new location)
A Disobedient Husband (one of mine)
Lost in Translation (with the following changes)

Changes to LiT: No longer Dres or slave realated. The noble is an envoy of House Indoril, trying to convince the Telvanni to allow Indoril to pay for some new Tribunal churches in Telvanni settlements (related to Brown Book entries).

In an hour or so I'll post a more complete synopsis of LiT

I took 5 since 3 of them are basically done except for bringing them into line with dialogue changes on map 1 and a few tweaks. Gesshoku, if you'd perfer 5 just say the word and I'll drop LiT.

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

You happy with that split, Gess?
If so, I can split the claim accordingly in the browser.
-Ophelia Benson
Gesshoku
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gesshoku »

The split is fine with me, I don't mind working on four. Go ahead and split it in the browser Lud.
--Dave
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Here is the Lost in Translation plotline. I had to get it from home, so it took longer than expected. Bold indicates changes from the origional plan. I may also open the quest to Khajit and Argonians since Ghernn's buisness no longer involves slavery.

Synopsis:
Ghernn Rithrin can be located outside of the door to Tel Themin on the ground level of PT (42, 17). The quest is only available if the player is not Argonian or Khajiit, if they are Ghernn Rithrin will say somehting snide in Dunmeri and that is it (not translated). Ghernn only speaks in Dunmeri, the player has one chance to get the opening dialogue correct. If the player meets any of the following requirements a translation will appear in brackets beneath the Dunmeri:
If the player is Dunmer
If the player is Altmer w/ Int >= 60
If the player has Int >= 90
With the transaltion it is easy to choose the correct dialogue entries (theyare translated). Without it the player has to shoot in the dark (or really know Dunmeri!). The correct answers (i.e. the one that are not rude or gibberish still exist and choosing them allows any player to play this quest. Choosing a rude or wrong dialogue response results in termination of dialogue and Ghernn will no longer speak to the player. If the player offers to help Ghernn (in Dunmeri) then he will tell them that he needs a scroll of Recall after briefly explaining why he is in PT. If the player says he will get the scroll he will mention that he stayed at the Avenue last night. If the player does not "know" Dunmeri the Journal entry will tell them what was said if they navigated the choices properly (yes they can do the save and load method). If they get to the point that the player has agreed to find the scroll, all later messages are translated (as it is apparent that the player knows Dunmeri). The player can get a scroll of recall in 3 locations, first they can go to the Avenue and talk to Allasi Enduren about Ghernn and learn he stayed in the East Wing. If the player searches they can find the scroll behind the bed/urn (if they find this scroll the Journal will update). Alternatively they can go to either enchanter (Cerul Arnem or Turosi SAlvel) and pick up a scroll, these guys will also tell the player that the scroll of recall is called a scroll of leaguestep (sorry I just can't see Ghernn calling it that). If the player returns with the scroll they can give it to Ghernn for the reward of a ring and 15 gold. If the player answers his question about having the scroll in common he gets angry and will not talk to the player again. After the player leaves the area Ghernn is removed from the game world. There is nothign more to this quest, it is simply designed to introduce the House Indoril faction and Dunmeri language to the player and let them see it in map 1. Also Ghernn's buisness in PT relates to the happenings recorded in the Brown Book (TR version, offering to build Tribunal Temples in Telvanni territory).

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Ok, Starcrunch. I have a new claim made in the claimed section under your name.
We can just use this thread for Gesshoku's 4 quests.
-Ophelia Benson
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Hey gess, which four of the remaining are you doing?

Con Artist
Dreugh Greaves
Noises Off
Ninety-Nine Percent Inspiration
The Slave Trade
Clerical Error

If it's not too late and you aren't too attached to it, I'd like to request that you *not* do Clerical Error as I'd like to use the Morag Tong in a Tel Ouada quest and I don't want it to seem redundant.