M2 Detailing #4 NPC Claim [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

M2 Detailing #4 NPC Claim [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

Post by Lud »

This area will contain a smallish Indoril fortress.
Progress will be posted here.
Map:
[url=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6843/area4bh2.png][img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/6843/area4bh2.th.png[/img][/url]
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There are unnamed interiors in this claim. Use your imagination please.

File:
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Detailing_A4.esp
(2.96 MiB) Downloaded 195 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

I'll have a crack at this one. I assume I just use TRData and this .esp right?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Damn lack of edit funtion.

Anyway, because I'm not in the exterior-ers usergroup I can't officially claim this. Can a mod/admin click the button for me, or is it more complex than that?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There is no button, as this is thread is not in claim form, therefore it uses a normal post/thread structure. All modders can see the same buttons everywhere.

As for files to use, yes TR_Data.esm and this as your active file.

And Granted :-)

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I'm on it. Most of my queries have been dealt with, many thanks to Haplo for that, but I have one question that I have no idea who to ask, so I'll leave it here:

Is there any set of 'rules' regarding the type of kit NPCs can be given? Similar to how in interiors, only one set of furniture can be used with certain types of interior etc., are there any recommened clothing sets/armour sets for certain factions: e.g. "Indoril will often wear armour X" etc.

Any help appreciated. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Also, in terms of NPCs, how 'racially equal' is House Indoril? Would you expect to see mostly Dunmer hirelings etc., or would you get a fair mix, as with Redoran?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Well, I think they are quite conservative, certainly because house Indoril is a big fan of the tribunal. However, I think they are less conservative as the Telvanni. So I think the division should be 80% dunmer and 20% other races. This is my opinion, though and it needs some backing up from the core. Meanwhile, let me give you this, bloodthirsty crustacean, because this file contains all the extra information that people left at their interior claims.
Attachments
Detailling claim 4.doc
(25.5 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Right, despite having probably severely pissed off Haplo with an inordinate amount of questions (:? :P), I have now placed all the NPCs necessary for this area, and am beginning work on dialogue. Because this is such a small area, and there is only one settlement worth talking about, I'm going to try and make everyone's dialogue as unique as possible.

In Map 1, all the dialogue came under certain 'headings' e.g. Port Telvannis rumours. I am going to call mine "Ayemar and Surroundings", to make it easy-ish to find where I'm talking about. Is that okay?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Also, if there is any info. on Ayemar's importance/role etc., that would be useful to know.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Make sure you read theviking's big post on dialogue in the other thread. And make sure you use American English (no rumour, colour, recognise, honour, criticise, et cetera)

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah, right, I'd missed that. Thanks.

And, yeah, I'm fairly used to the Americanisation because of questing. (I just don't do it on the forums)

I've done a quick search for Ayemar's claim thread, but even there it was pretty nondescript. Is there somewhere else I could look for ideas on backstory/current events, or will I just have to make it up?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Ayemar is the northernmost settlement of house indoril and it is built pretty defensive. I see it as a little enclave and it can hold itself out for quite some time. It sure has a very strategic position. I named the "mayor" Indalas because the name sounded indoril and there already was an Indalas ancestral tomb nearby (which is also a very good location for a quest). I hope this helps. Bye the way, I hope I am wrong with this, but while playtesting my new map2 for kicks i found a grave error in the exterior. It seems a whole layer of landscape has vanished during the merging of the interiors. This is extermely obvious near Ayemar and the daedric ruin as all statics there are floating badly. There are a lot of bad floaters as well in the whole detailling claim. I hope I got it wrong as bloodthirsty apparently hasn't noticed it yet. Otherwise the interiors should be merged again in the original exterior.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Everything seems fine where I am. Certainly no major errors as you describe. (Although I note that the Ancestral Tomb merged with this one is called Thelaro Ancestral Tomb. Should I change it to Indalas, or is that tomb in another detailing claim?)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Nice that everything seems allright. The tomb is in detailling claim 5.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Also, any ideas as to plot lines (or anything really) to do with the Indoril that could be hinted at via rumours at Ayemar? Any 'current affairs' stuff?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

The Indalas tomb is located in Mephalain valley and is quite extensive and full of skeleton servants (Perhaps Indalas ancestors once served at the nearby shrine of Memphala as priests or guards).
The tomb is unused, forgotten and isolated, because of fading of Memphala worship and because (though belonging to Indoril family) it is now officially on Telvani territory. Its owners have probably built a new one already.
Inside the tomb you can find a key to open Indalas Chapel, where the members of the family themselves have been burried (the entrance is from the exterior, above the tomb itself). Inside you can find a powerful Lich, which I have named Lord Indalas. The Lich has an amulet with a constant effect of light on him, which I thought could be part of (optional) Kemel-Ze questline. (This does not exclude it from being part of another quest).
Perhaps the leader of the fort could speak of his family or even ask you to retrieve the amulet for him because of fear that Telvanni rogues will sooner or later discover his family tomb, plunder it, desecrate it and steal the amulet.
THEO
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Why would an Indoril noble dabble in necromancy?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Mmmm... I did not mean he became Lich because of being involved in necromancy, but perhaps he and his family had been cursed by some Telvani magelord. Perhaps the current lord Indalas could ask you to lift this curse by bringing his ancestors to peace.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well, this whole thing is actually a bit implausible. Why would an Indoril ex-Ordinator (judging by the helm in his room) who is the head of a fortress of Indoril warriors be afraid of a lich? Why would he tolerate a lich in his family's tomb? The only explanation is that he doesn't know, but surely someone as pious as an Indoril would make frequent visits to his ancestor's graves, meaning he would have seen the lich.

It just doesn't make any sense. Perhaps rename the current Indalas tomb, and the Lich to Thelaro (the name of this claim's tomb) and I'll rename this claim's tomb to Indalas. There's nothing weird going on in that tomb: just your standard stuff.

Does that cause any problems, or is that okay? Or can we think of any solutions to how there could be a lich in this tomb?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

No, I would prefer my tomb be as anonymous as possible. I was not aware there is some Ordinator called Indalas leading nearby fort, while I made these. So Thelaras tomb it will be.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yeah, don't worry. It seems that whoever named the fort took the name from your tomb, rather than vice versa. Sorry for any inconvenience.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sorry for double-posting again, but lack of edit function forces this on me.

Could anybody tell me what the nearest settlement to Ayemar is? I've had a look on the claim map, and all the other maps I could find of Morrowind, but am unsure how reliable those are in terms of towns we've added/removed/changed names of.

Is there anywhere that a servant from Ayemar could feasibly travel to for supplies?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Akamora is the closest in terms of distance but because of the mountains the way to it is longer. Marog is the easiest town to travel to from Akamora.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I mean from Ayemar off course. And I made up the name for the tomb as well, I thought that was a decent indoril tomb.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

On the tomb, which one? The lich infested one, or the one in my claim (was Thelaro, upon agreement with Theo has been changed to Indalas, so that Indalas family isn't associated with necromancy)? Is it a problem that me and Theo have switched their names?

Anyway, I am now totally done (I am prettu sure) with this one. All NPCs have been placed, dialogue has been made and pathgrids placed where appropriate. All cells have been renamed as well (apart from exteriors, which all remain called "TR4"). For the sake of trying to not screw up dialogue, however, I have renamed one exterior cell to Ayemar (from TR4_Ayemar), so that dialogue will work properly. If this is not acceptable, I will re-upload the file with the cell named TR4_Ayemar.

Anyway, on with the details.

Interior Cells renamed:

Pulu-Asha Eggmine
Ayemar, Entrance Hall
Ayemar, Gatehouse
Ayemar, Guard Tower
Ayemar, Indalas Manor
Bazhthum
Bazhthum, Craftsman's Hall
Bazhthum, Storage
Collapsed Cavern, Entrance
Collapsed Cavern, Passageway
Dastardly Forsaken Shipwreck, Cabin (seems over the top, but that's the name I was given)
Dastardly Forsaken Shipwreck, Hold
Hlorgir Firm-Hand's Shack
Indalas Ancestral Tomb (formerly Thelaro Ancestral Tomb)
Morvil Arelath's Shack
Oethadapilu
Onchardumz
Plundered Shack
Vallen-Dun Eggmine
Vallen-Dun Eggmine, Lower Level

Dialogue topics added to:

Someone in particular
Tavrene Indalas (NEW)
Specific place
Little advice
Little secret
Latest rumors
House Indoril
Adura Indalas (NEW)
Greeting 1 (for a one off unique greeting from a raving madman trapped in the collapsed cavern)
Greeting 7
Background
Local area
My trade
Services
Ayemar (NEW)

I notice that Swiftoak had included his dialogue in a text file for his claim. I didn't realise that was the procedure, so I have already put mine in the CS. It shouldn't (hopefully) be too much trouble for a reviewer to go through each of the above topics in the CS, but if it is, say so and I will either copy it to a text document (not preferable: there is quite a lot of the stuff, and quite a bit of conditions to explain, etc.) or "export dialogue" from the CS. That can be messy, but its very simple to pull off. If either is required, just say so.

If there is anything I appear to have forgotten to do, please notify me. Thanks! :)
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Detailing_A4.esp
(3.09 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Wait... under the list of interior cells renamed, are those the ones that you renamed, or are those the new names of the cells?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Those are the names I renamed the cells to. Yeah, my heading doesn't make much sense there.

Problem was, by the time I'd gotten round to uploading them, I'd forgotten the original 'coded' names.

So essentially, they are the 'new' cells.

If anything needs fixing, just say.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Just to clarify even further, I'll mark with an asterisk the interiors that were already named when I started here.

Pulu-Asha Eggmine *
Ayemar, Entrance Hall *
Ayemar, Gatehouse *
Ayemar, Guard Tower *
Ayemar, Indalas Manor *
Bazhthum
Bazhthum, Craftsman's Hall
Bazhthum, Storage
Collapsed Cavern, Entrance
Collapsed Cavern, Passageway
Dastardly Forsaken Shipwreck, Cabin *(seems over the top, but that's the name I was given)
Dastardly Forsaken Shipwreck, Hold *
Hlorgir Firm-Hand's Shack
Indalas Ancestral Tomb (formerly Thelaro Ancestral Tomb *)
Morvil Arelath's Shack
Oethadapilu *
Onchardumz *
Plundered Shack
Vallen-Dun Eggmine
Vallen-Dun Eggmine, Lower Level

Those without asterisks are names of my own invention, because the int had previously been named "TR4_i264_a" or something like that. (That's not what any of them were called, but it's an example of the kind of thing I was looking at)

The only exception is Indalas Tomb, which had been named Thelaro Tomb but which I (in agreement with Theo, who is the creator of the original Indalas Tomb) renamed to Indalas Tomb to clear the Indalas family of association with necromancy. Theo has renamed his tomb to Thelaro.

I have also (as noted previously) changed the name of one exterior cell, which was formerly TR4_Ayemar, to Ayemar, in order to ensure proper dialogue filtering.

Hope that clears everything up. :))
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Any comments, anything that needs to be done?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Did you also add creatures to the interiors and the exteriors?

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't think he did, probably because I told him that was done later on. Are creatures added with NPCs?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

yes
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

So I suppose I should do that now, then?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

If so, what are the levelled lists I'll be using? I can do ruins and stuff now, but for the exterior I think Map 1 had specific Molagreahd leveled lists, if I remember correctly. So is there anything like that that it's recommended to use, or what?

Basically, for the wilderness, what are the recommended levelled lists?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

All dungeons (the two Dwemer ones, the Daedric one, two eggmines, one cavern, one shipwreck) are all creatured-up, with creatures at their exteriors when appropriate.

Currently, the general water and wilderness remain uncreatured, because Map 1 has several unique levelled lists for its areas in TR_Data, wheras Map 2 does not. I'll need advice on how to proceed.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

now that the wilderness leveled lists thing has been cleared up, is this just about done?
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

As soon as I get download the latest data and get creatures implemented (which has yet to happen), then yep this'll be 100% complete.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I believe the leveled creatures were added as you requested. does that mean this is complete?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Because of the horrific size of Data, I've been holding off downloading it until LadyN can get those statues done for me and I can get the final bunch of stuff I want in, so that I only have to download what will hopefully be the final version of Data for some time.

If someone else with the latest Data wants to put the exterior creatures in for me, they can go for it. In addition to that, they just need to filter the 'ALL IN CAPS' lines in topics Services and Little Secret/Advice to "dialog placeholder" NPC (a thing I missed, that will take all of ten seconds to fix), and then this is 100% done.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals