5-17-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

5-17-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-17-Red (#1213)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Sir Dave
Files: TR_5-17-Red_Haplo_1.esp; TR_5-17-Red_Sir Dave_5.esp

---

Uld Vraech, Velothi Mountains, roads and wilderness.

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is okay for cleaning.

5-17 should continue on the BM wilderness style of 5-28, as well as continuing the river flowing from 5-11 in the same manner. It's tricky but looks really awesome.

Make sure to create the bridges tall enough for ships to pass under. Nordic burial ruins is acceptable north of the Cormaris river (in the UV part of this claim). Add caves and stuff as you'd like as well, and don't forget the occasional civilian residence.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers. Some roads are a little "off" in the Uld Vraech part, but the merged map file has the layout we're aiming for.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4s.jpg[/img][/url]
Clicky me...
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Claiming.

I'll add a farm or two to this area, as well as a guards post at the end of the bridge.

Is a ropebridge over the rivers acceptable? I tried making a bridge with redoran statics, but it looked awkward.

Also: is a dwemer ruin in this area okay?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted!
Farm or two is okay, guard post as well. Regarding rope bridge, it's supposed to be a main road wo the bridge would have to be able to support a guar cart or similar size at least. Perhaps the nord stone bridge could work? Even imperial bridge would be "acceptable" since they like infrastructure... Feel free to test different stuff. Dwemer ruin ok as well.

Oh, and I might have forgotten to drop the new TR_terrain_BM_scliff_01 - 06 statics here, they are really nifty statics that looks awesome!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any progresstuffthings on this one?
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Yep.

Be sure to give me some feedback on the bridge I've designed. It was quite difficult to come up with something that could have a ship sailing underneath without defying physics entirely.

I've mainly focussed on the bridge and some other structures so far.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeah, that seems to work. Nice ruin as well!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

"Nice" has to be the understatement of the week, that thing is awesome. I love the Redoran outpost too.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

The ruin is great; this whole claim shows a great eye for exterior work, really very well done.

It would be nice if the bridge was flat - it's weird running over it in-game. Perhaps a 'floor tile' could be made with the texture of the bridge, to fill in the gaps?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeah, ok. Let me rephrase "nice" to "great" then! Sometimes we just get too used to great stuff, we're raising the bar every year. Remember when my former Kogotel got tons of praise back in '08? I'd barely approve it today...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This is really great stuff! Keep it up dude :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Done!

Interiors:

-27,12 Large Dwemer ruin
-26,13 Redoran guard post
-27,14 Farm with storage shack
-28,14 Farmhouse and hidden between the rocks is a cave
-28,12 Two caves. The lower one is meant as a mine infested with something nasty, the other one could also be a mine, but abandoned
-29,12 cave, could be a bandit hideout maybe.
-29,13 hidden behind a waterfall is a dwemer door, supposed to be a tiny ruin
-29,14 a tomb
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Hey, this is really great! You do have a number of casperings in the Dwemer 'castle' part though, especially near the gate. Also seems you forgot the door for the ruin behind the waterfall.

But really nice stuff! :D
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This looks simply stunning. Dwemer ruin unlike anything we've made so far, fancy usage of timber and a perfect continuation of the 5-11 river - even featuring a hidden ruin under one of its waterfalls. So many details, this is the kinda stuff that make our mod outstanding!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Nemon wrote: even featuring a hidden ruin under one of its waterfalls.
Yeah, no one who has ever played a video game before will ever think of looking there. :lol:

In all seriousness, this is some spectacularly awesome exterior work, Sir Dave. The Dwemer ruin, large waterfall, Redoran outpost, use of tall bridges and log cabin you cobbled together are all amazingly creative.

I did, however, notice a number of seams in the waterfall where the water statics don’t line up properly, but those should be easy enough to fix.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

TESAME: Dirty

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Fixed some caspering in the dwemer ruin, some missing vertex shading and some issues with the waterfalls. A few edits lingered from the base map 5 file, these have been cleaned.

This claim is a really nice piece of work, the amount of stuff and details is simply overwhelming and I am really looking forward to seeing this elaborated with interiors, NPCs, quests and monsters. The dwemer ruin is one thing, the wooden cabin and small settlements another thing, simply put this is a really well created exterior.

Some errors, floaters and caspers are to be expected, most should be fixed in this file.

Comments

Rating 9/10
Attachments
Final_TR_5-17-Red_Sir Dave_5.esp
(667.63 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Approved. This claim is AWESOME. Very good work!