q1-67-Tel

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lud
Developer Emeritus

q1-67-Tel

Post by Lud »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-67-Tel (#1242)
Faction: Telvanni
Parent claim: TR_1-9-Tel (#25)
Claimed by: Starcrunch
Files: TR_q1-67-Tel_Starcrunch_1.rar

---

All of these should be available to members of TR_Telvanni, and be activated by choosing the topic "chores" (You can also add extra dialogue for the Mouths asking if you want to do chores, etc)
Faction reputation increases should be 40-50% of that for the same quests on Vvar.(Mainland Telvanni is much bigger)
Available for whoever wants them :)

Va1: Fools that Meddle
Quest Giver: Norahin Darys (Mouth of Master Vaerin)
Prerequisites: Member of Mainland Telvanni
Story: Malvus Areth has learned that a Tribunal Temple priest is going door to door in Port Telvannis trying to drum up support for the Temple there. The PC is sent to confront the priest and send him packing. The PC has to convince the priest to leave or failing that the PC can engage in armed conflict to the death. If the PC murders the priest and is caught (i.e. if he doesn't do it unobserved) Malvas is less than thrilled and stiffs the PC on a reward (Malvas does not tell the PC to do it secretly, he doesn't really care and is looking for an excuse to not pay the PC!). He instead demands that the PC go to the NPC's in the area near the murder and pay each one 20 gold pieces to "forget" what they observed. If the PC doesn't do this Malvus won't give the PC another quest and Vaerin's disposition will start 10 points lower (will be added later by a journal entry check on a greeting by Vaerin that only plays the first time he meets the PC).

Va2: Books of Faith
Quest Giver: Norahin Darys (Mouth of Master Vaerin)
Prerequisites: Va1 Complete
Story: The PC is to go to the docks in Port Telvannis (or another Telvanni settlement) and bribe a shipmaster to throw a load of Temple books overboard. The PC will be reimbursed for any costs incurred to get this done (within reason) and paid 50 additional pieces of gold. The shipmaster is not exactly thrilled by the idea of throwing the books out, but for sufficient gold (more than he's being paid to ship the books) he'll do it. This quest is admittedly simple, and if someone has an idea for an additional complication speak up.

Fa1: Seeds for Faruna
Quest Giver: Nethan Marys (Mouth of Mistress Faruna)
Prerequisites: Member of Mainland Telvanni
Story: The PC is told that Mistress Faruna takes delight in plants. Recently her mouth has procured some rare seeds of a plant that grows only in *UNSPECIFIED REGION*. The PC is sent to deliver these seeds to Mistress Faruna, after receiving instructions for reaching Tel Oren. The PC makes the delivery and Mistress Faruna shows the PC her favored flesh eating plants. She then tells the PC to let Nethan know that he is to procure more slaves, preferably Khajiit. The point of this quest is to show the PC the way to Tel Oren and to let them see the flesh eating plants, that way they may grasp why Mistress Faruna needs more slaves...even if it is not explicitly laid out for them. When the PC returns to Nethan he pays 50 gold and asks the PC to perform Fa2.

Fa2: Fresh Delivery*
Quest Giver: Nethan Marys (Mouth of Mistress Faruna)
Prerequisites: Fa1 Complete
Story: The PC is given some jewels (worth about 3000 gold) and asked to deliver them along with a set of instructions to the slave trader in Port Telvannis. Nethan gives the PC 3 hours to complete the task, and tells them not to leave the city. If they fail to complete the task in time or leave Port Telvannis, the gems magically vanish from the PC's inventory and a scamp appears, speaks to the PC and then begins a fight (journal updates). If the PC does not have ALL of the gems in their inventory and fails the quest in the above manner they are kicked out of House Telvanni and a bounty is put on their head to the cost of the missing gems. If the PC delivers the message and gems in time (and intact) they are given an emerald for their trouble by the slave trader. Reporting success to Nethan nets the PC nothing further (the PC is told they need not return to Nethan by the slaver).

*Crunch: I'vechanged the name of this one, so that it's not too obvious what they're used for, hope you don't mind.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

To whoever claims this, might I suggest changing the name of Malvas Areth? Seeing as Lord Dral's Mouth is also called Malvas (and I've already done quests and dialogue involving him), would it be a good idea to change the name of Malvas Areth so there aren't two NPCs with the same name so close to each other?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Sounds like a good idea to me. We'll have to change the new brown book too, I assume.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yep, that and the dialogue regarding the 'Council of Bugs'.

Though compared to changing a whole quest worth of dialogue and journals, it seems a lot easier.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

I disagree. Dialog would have to be found and rewritten, the brown book, several notes, and maybe some other books would also need to be found and rewritten. If we do decide to cahnge his name it should be done by Lud, and these should not be claimed until it is done to stop confusion that will inevitably come from changing the name of an NPC that has stood in TR lore for several years (at least since mid 2004). If someone is willing to do the change that's fine but it shouldn't be changed as part of a quest claim.

If we do decide to change any names I think the one that needs to be changed the most is Norahin Darys, seeing as he appears to be a name sake of the former master of Tel Darys...which means Eldale murdered his entire family (and how exaclty he didn't get the tower is unclear, as currently it is lore that Tel Dary (and Alt Bosara) were family towers (even though the council seats weren't hereditary).

-Starcrunch
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

That's fine. As a relative newbie here at TR, I wouldn't want to go against established stuff. :))
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Archmagister Dral: Malvas Relvani, Mage
Master Mithras: Nevrile Omayn
Mistress Rathra: Areth Morvayn
Mistress Faruna: Nethan Marys
Master Vaerin: Norahin Darys
Mistress Eldale: Fervas Shulisa

Actually there is no problem with similarly named mouths, as the names of the mouths are listed above (this is from looking in game at the actual NPC's and conferring with the Brown Book). The trouble is when Malvas Areth was renamed, he was renamed Norahin Darys!

-Starcrunch
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

So it's the OP that's in error, and the similarity has actually already been fixed?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Yep. The OPer in this case is me :P as it came from the quest discussion page, sorry for the confusion.

Lud when you get chance can you edit the claim description?

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Edited
Claim this!
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Groza and Bloodthirsty are going to work on the Imperial guilds, so I'll take these. I'll do them as soon as I get GO done (about 2 or 3 days left on GO quests, one major script left there).

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Granted
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

Fa1 and Fa2 are completed (Fa1 partially tested; Fa2 untested). As we discussed on IRC, I have also written the joining, advancement, and expulsion dialog for TR_Telvanni. The advancement is written through the rank of Wizard (fully tested).

Vero Renim handles joining, making amends, and advancement through the rank of Wizard. If the player goes up in rank on Vvardenfell they can advance on the mainland if the new Vvardenfell rank would entitle them to a new mainland rank.

The mapping is as follows (Vv -> TR):
Hireling -> Hireling
Retainer -> Hireling
Oathman -> Retainer
Lawman -> Retainer
Mouth -> Oathman
Spellwright -> Oathman
Wizard -> Lawman
Master -> Caster (replaces Mouth rank)
Magister -> Caster
Arhcmagister -> Spellwright

I'm pretty happy with how this is moving along now that I'm working on it. I expect I'll finish Vaerin's quests tomorrow evening, and do most of the play testing then. I suppose submission will be sometime on Wednesday.

-Starcrunch
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Could I just mention that I have used Vero Renim in my Tribunal questline (still one question on that, BTW Crunch :P) and made him a nolore NPC.

In addition to that, I have given him mostly unique dialogue, just to add some flavour to one of the quests. However, this may conflict with the bigger picture, so should I post what it is I have done for him, so that you can tell me to remove it (or adapt your dialogue) if needs be?

To give you a general idea of the personality I gave him, here's Ratagos' line on "Vero Renim":
  • "A more impudent Dunmer I have never met. He exemplifies the Telvanni's poor attitude toward the Temple. Be wary around him, my child. He will most likely be inhospitable, and make your work as uncomfortable as possible."
He's nice (ish) to a Telvanni player, though.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

He can be a nolore NPC, but I want to ask that you not change his NPC reference in your quest; I will make him nolore in my plugin (I need to add a script to him; so if we both change him my script might be overwritten, and joining House Telvanni and adjusting for the PC's current rank on Vvardenfell will no longer work; I'll add a nolore line however). Clean him as a reference from your plugin; all of your dialog will be fine as long as you stay out of the topics about joining House Telvanni, and have not written him a broadly available greeting (it's ok for him to have a unique greeting while on your quest, but he should not have one before or after it is over, as it will cover my greeting about joining House Telvanni, which is critical if the PC has never managed to see that topic before). He needs to tell the player about things going on around town, for most major topics, I will write him a unique set of responses for the major topics, that he will only reply to if the player is a member of the house. The attitude I gave him meshes well with the one you have described, he is condescending and arrogant but rather nicer if you are in Telvanni.

Only Lud can answer your unanswered question you have about changing the scripts.

-Starcruch
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Well, having just two relatively simple mouth quests for Vaerim is perhaps better for this purpouse, but I hope that does not mean his involvement in Kemel-Ze takeover will not be at least considered.
THEO
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Starcrunch wrote:<snip>
Thanks for the info Crunch.

The only topics I've changed for him are:
  • Greetings (I'll remove all but the quest one)
    Background
    Latest Rumors
    Little Advice
    Little Secret
    My Trade
    Someone in Particular
All have different responses for both non-Telvanni and Telvanni PCs.

If you want, I can remove the Telvanni responses, or show you what I've done for them, so you can decide whether to replace them with yours.

For the most part however, they are just 'more informed' versions of the standard PT topics, with one that I did create and that I wouldn't mind keeping being a reference to Nevrile Omayn's (in my Mouth quests) frequent references to how "our entry standards aren't high enough".
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

These are his mouth quests. He will be anti-Temple regardless of whether he is involved in Kemel-Ze, as it is part of his character. Temple hatred may or may not play a major role in his quest line (I personally rather hope it does not involve the Temple too heavily, because I don't think Necrom is going to be ready for map 2).

EDIT: You can keep the dialog in (except the non-quest greeting), but would you mind sending it to me so I can make sure he has the right attitude for my joining dialog since you've written so much more of his character? Just export the new dialog and PM me the text file. I think my character sounds passably like yours (certainly the attitudes are similar) but we might as well try to get it right from the start.

-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Starcrunch wrote: Only Lud can answer your unanswered question you have about changing the scripts.
Wasn't your question just about adding the nolore script?
And as long as I merge Crunch's claim after yours., we'll be fine. :)
-Ophelia Benson
Starcrunch
Developer Emeritus

Post by Starcrunch »

SUBMISSION.

BIG ASS NOTE AT THE BEGINNING
The TR_Telvanni faction has been modified. If this is not desired then clean it from this quest before merging and make changes to the faction in the TR_Data.ESM file (or ask me an I'll gladly clean it and upload a new version :P ).

MERGING MATTERS:
Things that must be done (yeah, there is only 1):
  • Place TR_m1_q67_Va1_Priest on the Port Telvannis skyway, at the platform that serves Tadora Romyon's House. Cell: (41, 17); Near (342800, 141125, 1575); location referred to in dialog.
If TR_Telvanni faction needs to be edited in TR_Data.ESM the following should be done:
  • Make faction visible
  • Rename faction to distinguish it from the Vvardenfell Telvanni
-Starcrunch
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Moving to review
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Merged
-Ophelia Benson
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

So it can be moved to finished now?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

The dialogues for these quests are not filtered by ID's! Please check it out.
THEO
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Error reports for these quests:

House Telvanni:Uncharted Waters
I did not discover any bugs with this, but arent the reward a bit overpowered? i mean all you do is climb/levitate to the top of a tower, swim around in the waters of Oblivion for a while and then get teleported back to the tower.
And for this very easy task you get a very powerfull daedric dagger, which is odd. Uncharted waters has the only good reward for the mouth quests. All other quests have rewards you will find relatively disappointing. Lord Dral doesn't link the amount of work you did to the reward given, he simply isn't that kind of guy (think of it this way, as the player you took an enormous risk, that risk entitles you to a reward).

House Telvanni:Ingredients for Lord Dral
Ok, this quest was fairly straightforward and easy, but it could cost you quite a bit of money. I think the reward in this quest is a bit to weak.

House Telvanni:A message from Vvardenfell
The second journal entry in this quest reffer to the messenger as a he, when the messenger is infact a she.

House Telvanni:Cencus in Ranyon-Ruhn
When returning to the one who gave you the quest, i decided to tell the truth about the imperial n'wah, but when i did this an error came up
Script TR_m1_q_Nevrile
Syntax Error Line 2.
Could not find variable "expelCartil".
==>CompileAndRun problem was found in Topic "census"
"That incompentent bufoon! I really must consult with the @Council# about raising our entry standards, and I'll have Cartil expelled from @House Telvanni# immediately. I will not tolerate such fools."

Also, the councilors seemed way to nice for Telvanni councilors, i mean they were not rude to me one single time, they never insulted me or anything. Thats not the Telvanni spirit!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

You got the reason for Lord Dral's rewards with "Lord Dral doesn't link the amount of work you did to the reward given, he simply isn't that kind of guy". He doesn't care too much about stuff like that. It is why you get such a great reward for doing nothing and then a pathetic reward for doing a lot. The idea was to balance itself out in the end.

Anyway, that's what I got of it when it was being designed and made all shiny.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

Sent back for minor repairs.

Scratch that, we'll leave it here because the repairs are so minor that a reviewer could handle them easily.

By the way, can someone tell me exactly what happens when I hit the "send back" button? Does it get moved back to claimed, etc?
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Approved. Wee, first faction quests to be finished.