4-46-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-46-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-46-Red (#1306)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Nemon
Files: TR_4-46-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Shargon Hills

Mostly Ashlands, except the south-southeastern edge, which should open up into sparse woodlands.

Contrary to the original map, this claim includes no river. Add the road from this picture:

http://img704.imageshack.us/i/roadew.jpg/

And make it pass through a daedric ruin in -10 -29, with no other options. This includes making an unscalable hill range through -9 -28 to -9 -27, as well as a similar solution south through -9 -30 and -9 -31 so that the player will have to take a seriously long and confusing route to avoid this ruin.

Also, make an ashlander camp in -8 -27. Nothing larger than the vanilla ones, but try to make it different and way more cluttered/detailed.

Please download 4-7 4-28 4-30 and 4-9 for references on how we'd like the Armun Ashlands to look. 4-24 is still a WIP and doesn't matter that much yet, but DL for road matching.

Sload mentions in thread:
Cire is experimenting with a cool piece for the ruin in question, ask him about if you claim this. It's like the shrines that are normally inside the interior, but instead it's as if the roof has been ripped off, so it's outside.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The woodlands should start around where the two shack villages are, latitude-wise.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this map, red covering the Armun ashlands:

EDITED

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7200/armun.jpg
Last edited by Nemon on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

A road run through this claim, ask Nemon or someone for a map. The road passes through a Daedric ruin, which I believe is not being made in another claim the road goes through and so should be in this claim.

Cire is experimenting with a cool piece for the ruin in question, ask him about if you claim this. It's like the shrines that are normally inside the interior, but instead it's as if the roof has been ripped off, so it's outside.

Edit by Nemon, the road in question:

[url=http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5368/roadew.jpg][img]http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/5368/roadew.th.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

No reason to stop here, I'll be experimenting a little bit with this one.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I look forward to seeing the ruin, I'm expecting something very nice
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

PM cire about what I talked about up there. I'm very eager that it be included.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sload wrote:PM cire about what I talked about up there. I'm very eager that it be included.
Will do!
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

I'm almost done with the Daedric Ruin. So whenever this exterior exists, I'd like to know.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

cire992 wrote:I'm almost done with the Daedric Ruin. So whenever this exterior exists, I'd like to know.
The area hasn't been developed yet, but do you have any meshes I can toy around with??
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

The ruin has no unique meshes if that's what you mean.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Isn't the point that you're going to be making some, Cire...?

The ruin does not yet exist, but Nemon's been told to include this unique mesh you're working on when he does make it. He was asking if you could show this model so that he could see how he would implement it.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

why would there be a unique mesh? you can make this out of existing pieces just fine.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Hey, I'm just following inside information... It's not like this claim depends on this particular mesh, but if he had anything up his sleeve that would be nice :) .
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sload wrote:Cire is experimenting with a cool piece for the ruin in question, ask him about if you claim this. It's like the shrines that are normally inside the interior, but instead it's as if the roof has been ripped off, so it's outside.

I'm very eager that it be included.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I was under the impression Cire was making a daedric ruin interior mesh like the big shrines, except without a roof, so that such an interior mesh could be placed in the exterior. It looks like Sload and BC and probably Nemon too were also under this impression.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Well, considering other people listed as alternative creaters of this thing were interior modders with a history of making awesome things, none of which are also modelers, I was given the impression that this would simply be an impressive use of existing meshes.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

I have made no new models for this. I'm building a daedric shrine interior which nemon can copy/paste into the exterior. I'm about 80% finished.
Attachments
dae1.esp
(14.32 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:...I was given the impression that this would simply be an impressive use of existing meshes.
It will be, I'm well underway :) .
The claim itself hasn't been progressing at the same pace the other recent claims did, but it's getting there.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

well at least tf knows whats what
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J40nDAD7Zas]Short CS video showing the daedric ruin in this claim[/url] <- click link
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I've been chugging away at this claim the last few days, the daedric ruin is finished.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'm very much looking forward to seeing this done, and not just because I know you'll be kicking RR's ass when you do.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Of the 25+8 cells I've incorporated in this claim, 13 are complete. 19 have been mostly landscaped and littered with the necessary statics and stuff. But only two of the remaining cells are with roads, and knowing that takes the most time since you want to detail them very thorough the rest of the cells shouldn't take that long.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

New WIP up, not that much left now. I'm extremely tired of ashlands now...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

then you'll be nice and fired up for RR right?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Nemon, it has to be said, this claim is exquisite. Honestly, this is jaw-dropping stuff. It is the terrain Morrowind was built for. Truly great, man. The entrances to the Armun Ashlands really are brilliant, and really define the place, unlike a lot of regions.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thanks guys :) , I like working with these small details. And utilizing the many features of MGE really makes it all worth the effort, although the jungle of different shaders are confusing... Just standing on a cliff side in 4-46 looking waaaay over to the eastern parts of 4-9 is really neat.

Argh, only 9 cells left to do. And by left to do I mean arrange textures, initial vertex shading, arrange static setups, add new statics to uniquify and final vertex shading. Landscaping is done.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Aaand another cell bites the dust, get it? Five new cells completed with dusty ashlands. I have but four remaining cells to be cluttered and then it's off for review and a looong break from ashes.

I hate ashes.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Ok, all cells done, just minor checking for floaters and texture seams left.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3Aw3nz9oX8]And here is a video[/url]so you can witness the firepower of this fully Armuned and operational claim.
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Wow you know whats scary about this Video and region Nemon?
It looks like the video at the start of a new game when you're transported to Vvardenfell. :)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

RelinQ wrote:Wow you know whats scary about this Video and region Nemon?
It looks like the video at the start of a new game when you're transported to Vvardenfell. :)
Ehem, yeah they actually came through here on their way...

In other news, the interiors of this claim:

-10 -31, bandit cave with a somewhat hidden trap door entrance.

-11 -29, rogue wizards cave with a blue lit entrance.

-13 -28 (cell stolen from 4-8 ) bandit cave

-12 -27 (lower part) mine, legal and non hostile
-12 -27 (upper part) hostile cave, perhaps connected with the bottom mine through some awesome secret sexy maze?

-11 -27, dwemer ruin. The bottom entrance is blocked by rocks, only accessible by levitating to bridge or jumping down from cliff. Should be able to reach bottom of ruin and find a caved in exit (maybe even script a little blow open exit quest?).

-11 -28, bandit cave at the very top of the mountain range. Should involve some descending to match terrain.

-10 -29, the famous caved in daedric ruin. Make sure inside match the two exterior exits.

-10 -29 (upper part) wizard cave, perhaps even with a connection to the daedric ruin? I suggest having a non hostile wizard here and maybe a quest.

-8 -28 (west part) bandit cave
-8 -28 (eastern part) haunted cave

-9 -28 ancestral burial tomb

-7 -30 bandit cave, with a little place overlooking the road outside it as well. Nice for a decent marksman.

-7 -27 Armun Camp (placeholder name), a ashlander camp a bit smaller than the vvanilla ones. 6 small huts, one large and one cave where they mine some stuff. Or something.

Please note that these are only my suggestions, but it's probably nice to know where I put my interiors :) . 100% completion getting close, I just need to add some small details here and there...

Extra stuff includes:

-10 -28 (cliff edge) Murdered trader, perhaps a quest?
-10 -28 (gorge bottom) drunken dude dropped dead

-10 -27 (top of broken bridge) Meralath, unfortunate treasure seeker who bought a poor potion of rising force, never getting down from there.
Last edited by Nemon on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

that is an impressive list of interiors, and I look forward to seeing them become claims
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Impressive. Sure to be a great place to get lost in.

Does the camp have a name in the making? I'm guessing it's a mainland clan, not a branch of a Vvardenfell one, as that would make no sense.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I just called it Armun Camp to easier find it in the CS :) .
Sload or some other lore buff might have a few name ideas, I won't try coming up with a name with my nick hidden in it this time :) .

There's also a daedric and a dwemer ruin there. I called them Wall Daert and iDwemer, those names are staying. Period.

And off to review!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Can't wait to see this one. :)
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Maybe the cave near the Ashlander camp can be a burial cavern.

Awesome job on this Nemon :))
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: very minor errors, watch that your scathecraw stuff doesn't bleed into neighboring objects like rocks

Comments This is another prime example of what an exterior should look like. I absolutely love this aesthetically, it feels great, it looks great, and it was a pleasure to go through.

Rating 9.5/10
Attachments
TR_4-46-Red_Nemon_3.esp
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

New int claims found in this exterior:

-cave [-7,-30]
-ashlander camp, 7 yurts and what looks to be a burial cavern [-7,-27]
-cave with skulls and stuff in a misty gulley (necromancer lair?) [-8,-28]
-cave with a wooden entrance and steps (some kind of hermit or secret trainer/outdoorsman?) [-8,-28]
-velothi tomb [-9,-28]
-very large and awesome daedric ruin [-10,-29]
-cave with an entrance surrounded by broken stuff and furniture, very out of the way, probably a bandit cave [-10,-29]
-massive dwemer ruin in a cliff [-11,-27]
-small hole in the ground-type cave [-11,-27]
-wooden cave entrance (perhaps a remote or abandoned mine?) [-12,-27]
-wooden cave entrance, quite close to the road [-12,-27]
-cave entrance with torches outside [-13,-28]

This totals 19 interiors, please be sure to notify me on any I missed or which already have interiors. Certainly none showed up on the accurate map.

If anyone wants to suggest ideas for these claims (especially Nemon seeing as he created this exterior), please do. I'll put up the interiors in a few hours.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Cathartis wrote:...
If anyone wants to suggest ideas for these claims (especially Nemon seeing as he created this exterior), please do. I'll put up the interiors in a few hours.
Check first page, I made a few ideas there if it's ok :) .