n8-22-Mis

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Just uploading the WIP mesh. So I don't have to make it again if my computer blows up or smth
Attachments
UC[EarlyWIP].rar
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

The world's gone crazy, El Scum does models, Aro designs houses. Just a WIP. I definitely want to add a balcony to this one. I'm not sure where yet.
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/UC00b.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/th_UC00b.jpg[/img][/url]

Aah, no comments on the colors please! ^^

Edit:
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/UC00Balconysucks.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/th_UC00Balconysucks.jpg[/img][/url]
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

the balcony needs some kind of pillars to hold up the roof. and imho this definatly needs a dome to make it more fancy.

imho the UC houses should be a lot less blocky to make them seem fancier. the lower floor should be slightly larger then the upper floor for example.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Shouldn't the UC be bigger than the MC and LC? This one looks the same size :?

Or is it just a test?
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

It IS bigger. Trust me.

And Lady N, I agree with adding a dome to it. And Hmm, first of all I tried to add more symmetry and harmony than the MC has. A lot more. That was the basic rule while I was making this. Reducing the blocky nature of the set is a good idea though.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I think it should have pillars too..

But that means it shouldn't. The fact that those pillars would be expected means it would be more interesting for it to not have pillars holding up the roof of the balcony.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

We could have a giant dwemer statue holding every roof in Hammerfell OMG!!1!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

*should remember to give his upmost thanks to Nemon for inspiring him with a design idea for pillars* :D
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Haha. I threw into the scene an anvil UC house.
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/UC00Anv.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/UC/th_UC00Anv.jpg[/img][/url]
So, there's still a lot to add for the house. and the current part will turn out to be just the main block of the whole building.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

If I can come up with anything, I'll throw in a concept for you to chew on. My head's pretty empty at the moment, though.

*should remember to give his upmost thanks to Nemon for inspiring Lutemoth with a design idea for pillars* :wink:
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Didn't I say 'told you so' :)

I've got an idea, just let me concept it :)

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I'd appreciate your support :)

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Here's a concept art of my idea...
Attachments
Dwemer Robot Roof Holder
Dwemer Robot Roof Holder
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

nemon... its getting old... funny pic though
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

aro101 wrote:The world's gone crazy, El Scum does models, Aro designs houses.
Lol! I'll spare you the trouble of design Aro :) Here's the first full concept, Mages Guild. It follows the style of the Reference Pic, just like your model, but given that it's UC (and that this one needs to be a tower), its round. I also took the liberty of suggesting what each part could be used for and drew a couple of interior shots. Due to the complexity of the UCs, they'll not come in 2D views like the MCs and LCs (that's what the reference pic will be for). I hope this style isn't less helpful. Enjoy!

http://img260.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucexteriorsbuilding1mageb2.jpg&tc=img260/2010/candle1ag0.jpg

I was also thinking we could add a spiral one-floor structure that begins from the back of the MG and surrounds it until it reaches the front. If you all like the current look, I'll make that next. Atm, I'm designing some manors.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Hey El Scum what if I can pm my ideas to you and you'd pick the good ones and edit them to be like that one you posted (which is great, btw)?

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Yay, coolish, thanks :) I'm only worrying about that it is so big and it is a Mages Guild. That means we will use this one only once, IIRC. And keep in mind, that I will not make 30 upperclass houses. I believe that 8 is the needed optimum.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Don't worry Aro, I'm aware of the numbers. It's just that, since there are only 2 MGs in all Hammerfell, they have to be somewhat unique as buildings. I'm drawing manors atm, but do tell me if we need other unique/important UC buildings. And for the love of god, I expect feedback from everyone.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Hmm, I think you meant goldmoor, not hammerfell :P Well, in terms of unique buildings, we need this:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=18761
And since you developed a very big part of the design that is needed for this one, I believe this one shouldn't be hard for you.

Hmm, and we propably don't need any other unique UCs, though all UCs should look unique :P Oooh, wait... Wasn't the Fighters Guild supposed to be located in a UC instead of the MG?

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

fighters should be UC. the redguards hate mages, it would not make sence to have them in an expensive house. the forbears are the only ones who even tolerate the MG. taneth MG should be in a middle class house, rihad MG in a lower class one. the mages guild is barely tolerated in hammerfell and its roles and ranks are insignificant.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Hold on a sec LadyN, I remember we had long conversations some months ago and it was decided that both MG and FG would be UC. Also, I remember that only 2 MG guildhalls exist in Hammerfell, one in Sentinel and the other in Rihad. I also remember the Rihad one was supposed to be tower-like. These are the reasons I made it like this.
In any case, MG or no MG, we must decide if we want this building or not before Aro models it. And here's something I made in a bit of a hurry today.

[url=http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ucexteriorsbuilding2ar2.jpg][img]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8105/ucexteriorsbuilding2ar2.th.jpg[/img][/url]

All the info are included in the pics (same goes for the whole first paragraph of this post). Please read through the texts before you tell/ask me about something.
Now, feeeeeeedbaaaaack.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

even if there are only 2 one is in taneth (since its the more imperial one) not in rihad. ill wait for sload to beat this bush...
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I agree with LN, I want to hear what Sload's to say about the guilds, though Lady N, you're right, IIRC.

The hasty sketches don't seem to cause any problems :) In fact I love those hasty patterns between the floors... These columns, we should add this to the UC modulars claim. As for the tower, no. It is meh, modulars are meh, and it just isn't worth of it and it is meh.

That big dome on the house might turn out to be odd. Just like it happened with the top of the GM Fortifications tower.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Let's tone the dome down a bit then. But...but I wanted a tower... :(
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

It seems a bit small and blocky for a UC house, unless most of the property is land and gardens.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

El Scumbago wrote:Also, I remember that only 2 MG guildhalls exist in Hammerfell, one in Sentinel and the other in Rihad.
Yeah I have no idea where you got that idea.

Try 5. Sentinel, Rihad, Taneth, Skaven, Dragonstar.

Its been mentioned a few times that Rihad's should be a wimpy tower. Its been mentioned a few times (including the SloadFile on Taneth, glad you guys read those. They're fucking bullet points.) that Taneth's is in a large mansion.

Treat the Taneth and Sentinel ones like they're the only two in the province though. The other three are more like Caldera's.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I remember a little while back that someone took the MC tower mesh and an MC house mesh and melded them into one building. It didn't look to bad, IMO, and it was actually meant as a MG building. (It was pretty small too, which seems to be what we're aiming for for Rihad).
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

It was me, and I still think we're gonna go that way. I just need to heh, meld it official.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Good, at least I'm not making sketches in vain. As for the small UC, the tower isn't meant to be one with the building, just connected to it with a balcony. I can spice it up and make it bigger though, if you think it has potential.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

You have to make it bigger, if you want us to use a tower. And I know it is connected to the balcony, but still, it will not work as it should. It looks nice on a sketch, but when you try to make a mesh of it, it turns out to be too thin.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

No problem then, I'm on it.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Well I sent this to El Scum to have a look through and we decided it would best if we had some more feedback.

Anyways, after a lot of hard work I managed to complete my final for my UC1 concept. Its a top-down sideways view. I apologise for the sketchy look, its just that I spent so much time on it my hand managed to rub some of the lead in places. I can always do it in fine liner, but I recon it would be easier to do it in a computer by someone more experienced in a program like PS.

The angle that I drew it from is the one where the manor looks biggest, and the one that most public would see. Its to make first impressions bigger. But as you can see on my rough plan (the first link) it generally slopes downward from there. Please do not ask me for one more view from the other side unless you like really rushed stuff.

Original rough plan:
[url=http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uc002sk6.jpg][img]http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5209/uc002sk6.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Complete Concept:
[url=http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uc005ys7.jpg][img]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5043/uc005ys7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Please view it in whatever resolution fits your computer. The acual image seems to fit a plasma.

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Wow :) Very nice design. GReat job, we can go with it. Two odd things need to be reduced though(but they do not need a new concept thankfully). The onion-like domes look too massive. They need to be reduced at least. And I'm not fond of the pointy ending on the door's top. I would simply maker it round. Otherwise, great.

El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Ladies and gents, I present to you the next architecture designer :D
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Those 'onion-like dome' minarets remind me of babushka eggs :-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Heh, thanks :)

Just keep in mind that at the back there is a dome which acts as a balcony in the Int.

Does that make sence?

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Yes Jedak, that's gonna make sense :)

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Good :)

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Officially claiming this. And starting over with the meshes, BTW... Becuase I did it wrong this time and I wouldn't be able to finish this in a year if I would continue working like this.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Officially revoking this. I won't have the time for such a big thing during next two months.