i3-424-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-424-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-424-Ind (#1514)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-16-Ind (#120)
Claimed by: Hemitheon
Files: TR_i3-424-Ind_Hemitheon_1.esp; TR_i3-424-Ind_Hemitheon_2.esp; TR_i3-424-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Grand Ascendant's Cloister - Grand Ascendant's Manor: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/hermitesf/Grand_Ascendants_Cloister_02.jpg

(The big building at the top of the screenshot)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

So people will know what I'm doing, here is a more detailed description.

For this interior, my angle is history. As House Indoril will be new to the player, the lore must be compact and precise. So this interior must have tons of Indoril lore. Firstly, the GA has two sons. Secondly he collects Indoril artifacts. So in his audience chamber he will have some trinket owned by Indoril Nerevar, some clothing item owned by Saint Delyn, and a set a daggers used by Indoril nobles to commit suicide at the end of the Second Era.

I named them: Lord Sadura Vendalas, Lord Idredhel Omayn, Lady Unelaes Valaai, Lady Fadril Sarayn, Lord Daris Varen, Lord Sedave Retheran, Lady Nerevar Dareloth, Lord Delyn Sadus

Also the present GA will have a desk within which will be his journal. The journal will be a detailed description of current affairs, as stated by lore and the White Book, his opinions of the new king, as well as his prediction and warnings for the future GA, as by the time of the Oblivion Crisis, House Indoril lays in ruins because of King Helseth and allies. If I missed something tell me.

Here's a screen of the entrance:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k315/Hemitheon/TR_GA2.jpg
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Done. Because this is the home of Neril Sevuro, I put alot into it. So here it goes.

A. Neril Sevuro as well as his predecessors collect items of importance to House Indoril, i.e. the Robe of St Delyn, and an Amulet of St. Nerevar

B. Neril Sevuro has two sons, one's a loser. The second son is Neril's pride and joy. He is raising him to become the next Grand Ascendant so the PC will/can have a rival in House Indoril.

C. Neril Sevuro does not have servants, he has slaves.

D. CUT

E. Neril Sevuro has a severe dislike of the Nerevarine/Hortator prophecies for various reasons. If you look at his journal, he makes a remark about Peakstar's death. He does not believe House Indoril needs the Hortator as it has a firm and unwaivering faith in Almsivi. So Neril Sevuro will never truly like the PC.

F. As mentioned above, I gave names to the Indoril Council members the year Resdayn fell to the Empire. In my vision, each councilor is given a dagger when he is placed in office. When the Empire fell, the councilors committed suicide using these daggers. Underneath Neril Sevuro's pillow is his own dagger.

G. CUT

Notes on actual interior. There are 4 cells, main, east wing, west wing, basement. Even though the east and west wings look crazy in the construction set, I assure you they work out in the game. I just couldn't build these wings conventionally because of the parts. Also, I have checked it against the exterior and they match perfectly.
Last edited by Hemitheon on Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Re: C. I didn't think that House Indoril, like House Redoran, made use of slaves. There is no one House Indoril vault - the welath is actually scattered between certain guard towers throughout Mournhold.

Re: F. Don't make up lore in your claims by yourself. This is one thing in which TR differed greatly from ST at the legendary split. I had missed that paragraph of your post ten days ago.

Re: G. Someone has a disturbing fascination with the House of Black from Harry Potter. See also my point above on point C.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Nomadic1 wrote:Re: C. I didn't think that House Indoril, like House Redoran, made use of slaves.
The Redoran had slaves too, didn't they? I would have thought that each Great House would use slaves, as slavery is a big part of the dunmer culture. From what I have understood* the only difference about slavery in Great Houses is that the Dres and the Telvanni are more hardcore about slaves.

* Obviously I have not understood much.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

From Morrowind Dialogue:

"Slavery is uncommon in Redoran and Hlaalu Districts, common in Telvanni, Indoril, and Dres Districts."

Ok ok. I didn't even realize the allusion to house elves, so I'll take away the vault and heads. But I really think having those daggers would give the player a sense of historical depth. Perhaps the core could give me a set of names I could use. Lore-wise their names are never given.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

reasonable expansion of lore where it is needed is ok. Hemitheon, is that a complete list of all the lore in your int?

(BTW, I was also under the impression that slavery was illegal in redoran and hllalu lands)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Slavery is legal in ALL of Morrowind :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Ok I cut out the slave heads (no pun intended) and took away the vault. And TF, that's all the lore I made up.

EDIT: I almost forgot. The nicer bedrooms in the basement are for live-in guards.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

To review?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Sorry I was wrong about the slaves. I only said what has been said here by other people before. :oops:

The problem I had with the lore was the creation of the ritual of giving the daggers, not in the daggers themselves nor even really in the councillor's names. I just reckon that it should have gone up for discussion in the Lore forum first because it will impact on the questline for Great House Indoril when it comes time to make it, if it is decided to be made.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: This is sooooo beautiful. If you go inside and see the pond there you will become euphoric. I would recommend visting this place for everyone. There weren't a lot of things I had to fix. I removed the slave heads because they were out of place in a slave quarters. All I had to do then was to correct some floaters and bleeders, there weren't much.

Comments This is so well done and so original, it's a true masterpiece. This beats bethesda by 3 or 4 times.

Rating 10,5
Attachments
TR_i3-424-Ind_Hemitheon_2.esp
(111.92 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Basement:
-nothing

East Wing:
-one of the Black Anther Plants bled into the planter
-tapestries in the music corner bled into the platform. had to resize those.
-the chest of dwares in the coridor bled into the wall
-"Lady Nerevar Dareloth's Dagger" lol zomg :P

Main:
-a lot of plants in the planter floated
-some plants bled into the smaller planters

[TO BE FINISHED LATER]
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Oops, I had lowered the planters because they were caspering through the basin and i forgot to lower the plants as well.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

why are you wasting your time doing a final when you could be doing an initial? *plans to review this anyway*
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

是認する
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Couldn't resist having a look through this int, because such a key place for House Indoril will clearly have a number of quests relating to it, one would hope.

Anyway, I was just wondering about the name of Lady Nerevar Dareloth. I think the use of the name Nerevar is a bit weird, it'd be like having another Luke in Star Wars, or another Aragorn in Lord of the Rings. Perhaps something (anything) else could be used? Sorry to have brought this up after approval, but it's just been niggling me. Sorry.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I think this will be a fun easter egg. At least, Lady Nerevar looked at it that way.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Oooo yah. I missed that reference. :P lol

My point still stands, though. I just don't like it. Much as I like the egg, I don't like the use of the name. But meh.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

I chose to name Lady Nerevar Dareloth and Lord Delyn Sadus after the saints like modern real world religions do. It is meant to be an easter egg. Also remember Divyath Fyr's prisoner DELYNA a feminine form of Delyn.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No problem with naming after saints. No problem with Delyn. It's just Nerevar. While I agree 100% that there likely are several people called Nerevar in Elder Scrolls 'reality', it is, like I said, like having two people called Aragorn in LotR, or two Lukes or Anakins in Star Wars. It just feels wrong.

But if you lot are all for it, I will make way.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

what about Nevrar? i think its sufficiently dunmer, it sounds similar, and ive used it in various situations when Nerevar was not an opption :P
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Go for it. I don't really mind, as long as it's not Nerevar.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Anakin Solo? Wut?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Shhh! :tongue:
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals