5-21-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

5-21-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-21-Red (#1577)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Nemon
Files: TR_5-21-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Kogo'tel (Silgrad Tower)

See Claims Map for how the land should look:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=forum/showmap&map=5
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I thought Noir already re-made this place? Isn't it blacklight that needs to overhaul?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Noir did, but the landscape is missing in part of the city and the city itself/landscape is really quite empty/unattractive. But yeah, Blacklight does need an overhaul. A few of the cities will probably need overhauling in Map 5. It's the handiwork of Rodan, Quentin Fortune, and Noirgrim when he was just claiming stuff so that it would be done.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Kogo'tel needs to be reworked/redone: the layout is icky and not very flowing. Also there are way to many refs per cell in the city. Other than that there's like one or two places that need detailing.
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

What do you mean by BL overhaul?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I meant from Rodan's ancient and shit-riffic version, which is being redone by you.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

This one is apparently up for grabs, so I'd like to claim it.

IF GRANTED:
- I intend to download all adjacent claims in order to make the transition smooth and natural.
- Kogo'Tel (former Silgrad Tower) will not exeed the size the TR Core has decided/decides.
- I will deliver a claim with beautiful landscaping, loyal to region specifics and House Redoran-stuff.
- I won't include a giant dwemer statue named Nemon.
- I will respect decisions from the Core, whom I will obey and serve.
- I will try to learn proper grammatics, since I'm also doing english business the next semester.
- I will clean the claim with TESAME or whatever program we use nowadays.
- I will use TR standards in naming esp, cells and stuff.
- I will NOT include lore breaking things in my claim.
- I will use my imagination.

yours truthfully
Elder Nemon
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

lol grant. If you are trying to get your post count for the year into the double digits then make sure to post lots of status updates. =P
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I forgot about some posts relating to my photo escapade in Edinburgh early February, guess I'm closing in on a 20 + post count this year. Actually, I believe I'm the one TR modder with the highest percentage of modding relevant posts this year :)

On topic:

Tomorrow me and my lovely wife return to Bergen after a nice Christmas visit to Kristiansand. I still have a few days off from work, so it's time to fire up the 'ol morrowind CS. I'll spend some time searching the forums for Kogo'Tel related stuff, "unbreakable tower". A google search gave me some ideas as well as a portion of shite from someone not accepting our reasons to translate Silgrad Tower to Kogo'Tel... anywho... [/rant]

I'm really looking forward to the day I can fire up my Morrowind installation, including the infinite view distance application, and just... live in the province of Morrowind. Now it's time to contribute to that dream.

'ol bastard Nemon
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

But things that make players go 'holy fuck', and 'is that possible?' are okay :-)

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Okay, I'll start off with a few questions:

* How big? I just read through the Blacklight discussion and I want to avoid doing Kogo'Tel larger than it should be. Is this a Balmora type of town regarding size?

* River. A river starts off in or close to Kogo'Tel, does that mean I can create some mountain streams (no, not the usual Nemon waterfall extravaganza) as a source for this river?

* The pit. The pit is mentioned as a source of water in Kogo'Tel in a thread around here, is this lore to include? Does anyone know of more lore regaring Silgrad Tower/Kogo'Tel? The imperial library wasn't any use to me when searching for articles including the words "silgrad" or "kogo'tel".

Other

This claim includes the city, a couple of roads, some mountain areas, forest and relative flat landscape. I can't seem to find the flora-region map, but I guess this is the bitter coast category landscape.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

silgrad tower and silgrod tower (both valid lore spellings) are considered to be the "imperial" name of the city. the dunmer is kogo'tel (tel=tower etc.). i prefer kogo'tel simply because of the ST referance otherwise.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Should I include Silgrad Pass? It's in the present 5-21 build, bordering the mountains to the west.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Silgrod Pass, yes.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Then again, which size? (referring to Kogo'Tel)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How many interiors does it house now? (I mean like... shells) I'm thinking around 40, but this may change depending on the number you give.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

31 dead giant bugs so far, including 5 towers.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

30-40 is good. Plus a Temple. Plus the tower, of course, though I don't know how you plan to do that.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

You mean the unbreakable bruce willis tower? I'll think of something. Last resort will be a giant dwemer statue of awesum!!1!

I hereby possess the ability to edit posts

Edit: I'll add a few more shells, then I'll start creating the tower.

What is the TR stance on using ex_Redoran_skar or tr_ex_redoran_skar in this claim? Is Skar just for capital Ald-Ruhn or free to use? And if you have some time, please answer the questions from above...

shavin balls
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'd say that the ex_Redoran_skar is out, but I don't see anything wrong with tr_ex_redoran_skar. Of course, my opinion is hardly official... (and BTW, I can't wait to see some screenshots. :D)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Kogo'Tel WIP

Two cells, between 30 and 40 houses (shells). The unbreakable tower is one of the challenges in this claim. Making Kogo'Tel a believable town settled at the river source and close to the Velothi Mountains is another. I want this one to shiiine...
Attachments
ScreenShot 3.jpg
ScreenShot 2.jpg
ScreenShot 1.jpg
Kogo'Tel
Kogo'Tel
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

looking great i think :) i like the city layout, its nice and freeform.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Freaking cool dood

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Here's a new load of screenshots. Part 1.

Nevermind the water, it's just MGEs version... As you can see, I've added a mine in Kogo'Tel, and the tower itself is turning out ok IMHO... I've cluttered a few cells outside the town to the south, nice to get a break from those Redoran shells... :)
Attachments
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-40-36-93.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-40-20-35.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-39-39-98.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-39-12-34.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-38-51-60.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-38-27-76.jpg
Last edited by Nemon on Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Part 2.

Enjoy!
Attachments
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-44-13-48.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-43-26-04.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-42-53-40.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-42-17-56.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-41-43-71.jpg
Morrowind 2008-01-01 16-41-32-43.jpg
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

The screens are becoming more and more cool.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

So the actual tower is the thing in the middle top of the 3rd screeny? This is good stuff, Nemon :) I like cities and towns that are well spread out just as condensed ones.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Another progress report:

I've paused working on Kogo'Tel for a while, and focused on the surrounding areas. Every single cell has completed texture painting, as well as proper vertex shading. The roads are also done, and I'm now working on the marshes outside the town. I have added a shack one and a half cell north of Kogo'Tel, nothing spectacular, although detailed...

I think I will keep Noirgrims version of Silgrod Pass, he really did a good job on that border fort. No new screens today, you haven't pumped my ego from the last screens yet ;)

[/kidding]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Is Silgrod Pass the one where you have to go up the stairs and then back down to get through? If so that needs changing because carts and wagons and big shit can't get through like that.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Haplo wrote:Is Silgrod Pass the one where you have to go up the stairs and then back down to get through? If so that needs changing because carts and wagons and big shit can't get through like that.
Fixed!

I ended up replacing most of the structure, now carts, wagons, dwemer robots and big shit can pass through to Cyrodiil or Skyrim. Silgrod Pass is now a mostly finished cell, although I need to add clutter, stuff and cosmetic fps reducing stuff before I'm happy with it.

Back to werk...

twelve hours later: Finished all western cells, cells south of Kogo'Tel wrapped up as well. Now I have the river banks and western part of the map to consentrate on.

And another few hours: Most riverbanks are done and nicely "furnished". I've also finished most of the southern cells. The east and north cells are remaining, and I will post progress on them in the morning...
Now for another glass of wine...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Excellent job :-)

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Thanks!

I now have 3 completely uncluttered cells left, and 11 scarcely cluttered cells left to work on.

Main roads are completed and detailed. I still have to clutter the river underwater, as well as creating some small waterfalls at the start of it.

-N
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

You deserved the wine. :wink: I can't wait to see this when it's finished. (There, have I pumped your ego to a sufficient level? :P)

By the way, what travel services are available? I'm assuming Silt Strider, but is the river large enough for ship travel? (Maybe a longboat?)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Gnomey wrote: By the way, what travel services are available? I'm assuming Silt Strider, but is the river large enough for ship travel? (Maybe a longboat?)
:) Way ahead of you. Both are in place, whether or not a Mage Guild transport is available will be up to interior and NPC makers to decide. Btw, I've added a temple, should I place a Divine Intervention Marker there now, or is that decided later?

Oops - Too much wine I guess... Almsivi Intervension that is...
Last edited by Nemon on Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Almsivi Intervention. Unless you want to give a cult member a nasty surprise. :wink:
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

There are times while landscaping when you're THIS close --> <--- to insanity. When? Whenever you have 30-40 houses that needs a door, clutter outside and pathgrids... Those things are boooring to do. Mostly, they're done now, and I'm upgrading this one to 80 % finished, after another hellish session. The CS has crashed a few times, but my triggerhappy pinky and flippyfingers are aweshum at Ctrl S so a crash doesn't hurt that much.

Kogo'Tel is coming along nicely, with clutter here and there, Mages and Fighters Guild, a smith, a coal mine and The Unbreakable Tower (=Kogo'Tel).

Feel free to post ideas, wishes, lore or core statements. I'm having myself another glass of wine...
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

to see a picture of it from the sky looking flatwards down map type thing please
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

VERY GOOD :D
THEO
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sload wrote:to see a picture of it from the sky looking flatwards down map type thing please
Huh? Do you want me to type "thing" ? Ok. Thing. That should make me see a picture of it from the sky looking flat down, yes?
Theo wrote:VERY GOOD :D
Theo wrote:VERY GOOD :D
OH TEH SPAM!!1! courtesy of Thrignar Fraxix :) But still, thanks!

Edit with screens. Did you mean this, Sload? Overview screens?

Edit again: Phew, just had a total crash when saving, no response whatsoever. Had to restart the computer, the .esp worked when loading it, and I lost approx 1 minute of work...

Final edit: I uploaded a WIP, just in case.
Attachments
SW
SW
SE
SE
NW
NW
NE
NE
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I just wanted to see what the city looked like as a map and I was watching Sheep in the Big City and the Angry Scientist was bitching about how you could "please to understanding my Englishness. All the timing with this."