i3-500-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-500-Imp (#1595)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Parted User
Local map: OE Castle
Files: TR_i3-500-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-500-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_2.esp; TR_i3-500-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_3.esp; TR_i3-500-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_4.esp

---

Old Ebonheart Castle. Should be mostly kitchen. Please look at this in the CS.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I probably shouldn't but I am going to claim this. This building will house the head of the navy, the governor of morrowind, the head of the legion in morrowind, the head office of the mages guild for morrowind, the head office of fighters guild for morrowind. If there is still room after all of these things then I will add some embassies from Hammerfell, Summerset Isle, and Elsewyr. This will be done as fast as reasonably possible, but don't expect it any time soon.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

A little irrelevant, but anyway.

A while back me and Sloadie were having a discussion about the six administrative districts of Morrowind. One of these was based in Tear and comprised of the Dres Great House lands. Neither of us thought that the Dres would sit idly whilst an Imperial hierarchy replaced several of their functions. So we came up with the idea that the Duke of the Dres district fears for his life and now lives in high security (though in comfort) in Old Ebonheart castle.

I don't know if you would incorporate that idea or not. Though now it can't be said in the future when/if we get to Map 6 quests that the possibility wasn't addressed.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Thrig, just sos ya know, it's canon that the Mainland Archmage is in Almalexia. (Trebonius mentions him at some point: I think if you complete "dissappearance of the Dwarves", he says "Wait till the Arch Mage of Almalexia hears about this!" or something)

So unless there's some kind of uber-head of the Mages Guild, above the two Archmages, the mainland Archmage is in Almalexia.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

He could always work in Ebonheart but live in Almalexia, or vice versa. I doubt the commute would be a problem.

Edit: and I hope you find space for some embassies, that'd be great.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I have created two rooms for the guild leaders in the guilds in Almalexia. But if you think the leaders should be in Old Ebonheart, they can also be used by the local leaders. If they are in the lead in Almalexia they should be pretty powerful anyway.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Almalexia is where lore states at least the Mages Guild leader is. Unless we've changed our policy on lore (which I doubt), or we can come up with a very good excuse, Almalexia is where the Archmage should be.

Fighters Guild head is not mentioned, though.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

One would assume that if the MG head is in Almalexia, the FG head would be too. In generally Imperial-hostile provinces like Morrowind, one would expect them to stick together to some extent.

That and gameplay.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

oh, ok. just wolverine hall-esque guild halls then. (or whatever that thing at sadrith mora is called.)
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

But bigger.
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

well duh, I do have to fill this monstrous creation. =P I just meant that the style of those places will be kept in mind. (I.E. how they did the guild guide thing)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Can you have a big kitchen please. By big I mean like freakin' awesome and big enough to feed a castle's worth of inhabitants.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/EverythingPastedtogether.jpg]What I have so far all pasted into one cell for simplicity's sake. Its fucking huge and I still have 4 towers and the building by the dock to make.[/url]
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Aren't there gonna be any imp_large or whatever its called in this. I can't see any, but I'm positive Old Ebonheart Castle would have more than just a few.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

there are a few in the legion HQ, but the construction of the building is more vertical than horizontal which makes it rather hard to place the large pieces
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I see. I always imagined going into the castle and the great hall would be those pieces x2 in size. I tried it and the textures don't actually pull too much and it can look really good. Ah well.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

It would have to be in a basement if anywhere due to the exterior layout, and going down 4 stories just to add a grand hall seems a bit excessive.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Well, it is the biggest castle in Morrowind, but I guess you're right.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:It would have to be in a basement if anywhere due to the exterior layout, and going down 4 stories just to add a grand hall seems a bit excessive.
But it's not excessive if it's a big grand hall kitchen

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

In defence of TF, it is really difficult to make forts match their exterior and place grand halls. You need to have 8 free tiles (without stairs, arrowshutters, etc), 4 on each floor (the piece is two normal imperial tiles high). If you know fort wavemoth, I had a hard time placing them there as well, and I only placed two in total. So be glad with every grand hallpiece that TF can fit into the castle and if he can't; well he can't.

Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

god TF

thats the most boring interior layout ive ever seen
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

You cant do much with the imp tiles unfortunately.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I haven't added any rooms yet as I am only working on the shell ATM.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

im sure you can make more interesting like stairways though
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

so, late last night I am working on this interior, and I come to a strange part where I am having difficulty fitting things in the cramped legion training hall (building on the far north FYI) So I decide to look at how other forts handled the same building. WELL it turns out what I was designing as a 4x4 (ex_keep_1) has actually been done as a 6x6. SO I went through and gradually started reworking THE ENTIRE FUCKING INTERIOR. Good news is though, now there can be more of those large halls you people wanted. ATM I only still have to re-work the south tower, but really, that shouldn't be too hard. (especially compared to the legion hall... ow...)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

So we can have a bigger kitchen?

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Haplo wrote:kitchen
Haplo wrote:big kitchen
Haplo wrote:a bigger kitchen?
good lord man, if you have such a grand desire and great vision as far as the kitchen is concerned, perhaps I should designate an area and just let you do it.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You forgot the first time I mentioned it :-P

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

He didn't, he just mismatched the first two.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

An idea came to me today as I was reviewing and I wanted to get some feedback as to the logic before I implemented it.

What if the top of one of the towers was being remodeled on the inside? The player would go to the base if this tower (meaning the lowest part of the interior) and see that for the entirety or so of the tower it is nothing but a shell. From the top, if the player manages to pick the heavily locked door and ignores the warning note they will appear on a ledge with no where to go except back out or down the shaft. anyway, post thoughts on coolness, feasibility, logic, etc.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:anyway, post thoughts on coolness, feasibility, logic, etc.
I do not 是認する of this joke (or whatever you crazy Swahili kids say).

That's the kind of "oh, fuck this shit" joke that smells like a request for revocation coming up...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

uh... what?
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

You're saying you want to make a tower totally empty and useless, aren't you?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

there would be some scaffolds decending from the cieling, bricks in stacks at the base, and perhaps a few sticking out where the floors would normally go. I'm not doing this because I am lazy or don't want to do it, I am doing it because you never see anything like this even though it has to happen at some point and I think it would be funny.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If it's a small tower, yeah. By small I mean not a square one.

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I think it would be really funny, please make the note at the top door humourous.

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I like it.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

new WiP posted. IIRC all cells have been updated to the correct size. Tower is the IC tower. really, you could get to it by CoCing into any of the cells as all interior cells are linked. The construction tower isn't done yet, but there is enough there to give the basic idea of what I was going for.

(I chose this tower because it was small, was literally impossible to do with the current resources, and makes for some amusing priest complaints. (primarily from the one whose office was below the tower before they decided to add it)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/OECastleNumbered.jpg]ok, I have largely figured out what is going where. Numbers listed below relate to this picture.[/url]

(Clicking these will take you to labeled picture of the current shell for that tower. No link then no shell done.)
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/SouthTower.jpg]1: South Tower[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/LegionTower.jpg]2: Legion Tower[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/ICTower.jpg]3: IC Tower[/url]
[url=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/LegionTrainingTower.jpg]4: Legion Training Tower[/url]
5: Dormitories for the Soldiers
6: Grand hall of records. (I.E. Names of every soldier in morrowind as of some arbitrary past date. List of all noteworthy events in the province that happened over the last few years (as in however many to the last year that was divisible by 5. books before that could be decrepit and unreadable) Records of the treasury and what is contained in the vault. basically, everything there is to know. I would appreciate help in writing these.)
7: Guild Tower, Fighters below, mages above, (am I forgetting any other guilds that would have a base here?)
8: Main tower. Vault in basement, low floors are reception, then a servant quarters floor only reachable from the floor above it which is the kitchen which itself is only reachable from the floor above it which is the grand dining hall. Above that are the offices of VERY high ranking imperials in various guilds. Above that is the housing for the governer's private guards, then the governor's primary advisor, then the reception area for the governor, followed finally by his/her private quarters.
9: Dockside Complex. Home to major naval officials, census and excise, storage, temporary sailor quarters, temporary prisoner quarters for those to be shipped to wavemoth, and perhaps even a sailor specific tavern depending on space.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo