q1-72-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I personally see no point. Old Ebonheart and one near Blacklight could easily cover TR's arbitrary division of Map 4. There is also the problem that there isn't a large enough Imperial population present anywhere in Map 4 (that I know of), nor does there need to be. Kragenmoor is still a Dunmer city and the Hlaalu, however lightly, worship the Tribunal. The cult chapel in Kragenmoor only gets an increase in worship after the Oblivion crisis.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Fair nuff. But then how would we release a Map 4 IC without editing what will then be a finished Map 3 IC questline. Unless we release Map 3-4 quests at the same time, which is pointless. :?
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I shouldnt worry too much about the map4 imperial cult. It's still way off and we havent made all the interiors for it so an imperial cult chapel could pop up somewhere.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

And also, it doesn't need to be a 'line' as with Oblivion. Remember, in Morrowind, the quests are a means to advancement, not the other way round. (Although we are aiming for a more 'story-line' based thing, 'cos it is a tad cooler)

But anyway, some quests can just be optional ones for those who want to have some choice in what quests they do to get advanced. I'd say that in our big 'storyline lines', like this Molag Bal cult slaying thing, we should have rank requirements at key points, so the player has to go off and do some work elsewhere before coming back. This gives us plenty of excuse just to have one/two quests for the IC in various small chapels scattered around the places where the big Oracles aren't. (e.g. Map 4)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

May I suggest that in the "Simple Job" quest, player also has to raise funds from some other inhabitants of Bal Oyra. So far it is quite a boring place and at least PC would have reason to speak with the commoners in there. That would be a chance to give some more characters here a personality.
THEO
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I was thinking of the simple job quest going on and on untill you did so many things you'd start to forget everything you had to do, but then I decided it was too uber, and that 3 jobs would do.

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Can I claim this? The first few quests don't look too hard and should be possible for me but the later ones look quite complex so I might need some help with those.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Sure you can, granted. The last quests need to be redesigned because the molag bal cult is going to be totally different. You can make the first 5 quests (up until mined spirits.) I think I'll make another claim for the oracle quests so you don't have to worry about the later quests.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

If he's up to it he can make 'Recovering the Amulet' too since it has nothing to do with the oracle (its just a filler so that the player can get an advancement required for the next stage :)

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Yeh, I'll think about "Recovering the Amulet" too.
At the moment I'm writing a detailed plan for this. When I've finished it do you want to see it before I go ahead and make it?
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Yes, show us first, please. It is always easier to avoid things than to fix it later on.

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Just a quick update. I have planned out the first three quests and started on the fourth one (Healing Hostilites).
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Please show us.

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Here is the outline up to quest 4. I haven't put in any details on the scripts as I don't know how to do them *yet*. (I'll look into it later)

Also am I allowed to change dialogue of NPCs not directly related to the quest? eg the bartender in Quest 2 saying something like why can't that cultist (Elonder) die somewhere else and maybe some dialogue for Ralnym Alendu concerning his abuse of the Alit.

Any pointers in improving the plan or correcting of errors are much appreciated.
Attachments
Detailed Imperial Cult Quest Outline.doc
(49.5 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Awesome, I think you can start applying it now to the map1 file. You can always add dialogue, for instance to that bartender. If you want to change dialogue, make a new topic/reply and just place it at a higher priority than the original dialogue.If you want a grammar/spelling check I can arrange it for you, but the English seems alright to me, so go ahead.

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Some edits on my behalf:
X= correction/delete
bold= suggestion, correction

First correction: HIS NAME IS ELMONDER, not Elonder

• Dunmer:
o (join the Imperial cult)
 Why would you work for false imperial gods when the Almsivi walk the earth and rule this land? Get out of my way, outlander.
(Goodbye)

• Firewatch:
 Just go to the shrine and see Relie, I think. I'm sure they'll gladly have you because membership is a bit uncommon in these parts.

• Bal Oyra:
 Just go to the Keep and see Allion Aberus. I'm sure they'll gladly have you because membership is uncommon round here.

(not a bit this time, because he and Elmonder are the ONLY IC members in BO)

• Imperial Cult:
 Oh good, someone who actually wants to join. If you want to join just go and speak to Relie in Firewatch or Allion Aberus in Bal Oyra and XgiveX they will ask for a one-time donation of 50 drakes, unless of course, you are a member in Vvardenfell.

• Allion Aberus:
o (Greeting)
 Greetings, %PCRank. I require help with an errand. Are you willing to do the job?
o (errand)
Great; I need kwama eggs. I need five of them. The best place to find them would be the Soludanni Egg Mine just south of here. When you get there see Han Sadalvel to get permission, he can be quite a selfish man XbutX. In the case that he refuses, you might need to give this to him Xif he refusesX .
o (Han Sadalvel)
 He works down at Soludanni Egg Mine. You’ll have to get his permission to pick the kwama eggs but he can be quite reluctant to let you as it eats into his profits. Try giving him the potion I gave you if he needs persuation.

• Han Sadalvel
o (Greeting)
 Welcome, outlander, to this humble egg mine.
o (Greeting when journal is 10)
 Greetings, outlander and welcome to this egg mine. May ask what is your buisness here?
o (buisness)
 Oh I see. Well, I’m afraid I'm going to have to forbid you from picking the eggs here as we work very hard to collect and sell them. Kwama workers don't just spit them out; it is a backbreaking process that takes time, outlander.
 [if player has potion give the option: give potion of quality fortify endurance]
Why, thank you outlander! We can work in ease without straining ourselves. Go ahead and take five kwama eggs, but no more.
 [Journal Entry Index 20]: Han was very pleased with the quality fortify endurance I gave him and has allowed me to take the five kwama eggs I need.

• After the player takes 5 eggs
o [Journal Entry Index 30]: I have the five kwama eggs now, I’d better not take any more or it would be considered a crime.
• If Index is 30 and player takes another egg
o [Journal Entry Index 31]: I took more than the five eggs allowed and now I have a bounty on my head.

The reward for the quest should not be 50 septims! 25 at the maximum, please.

 (If player hasn’t got five kwama eggs) You haven’t been to see Han Sadalvel at the Soludanni Egg Farm yet?

Its an egg mine, not farm :P

So thats what the original designer thinks of it :). Its good. Sorry but I didn't have the time to correct the rest, hopefully I'll find the time later :)

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Jedak wrote: • Dunmer:
 Why would you work for false imperial gods when the Almsivi walk the earth and rule this land? Get out of my way, outlander.
(Goodbye)
Can anybody tell me why people who aren't in <Faction> would have the <Join Faction> topic? If they have things to say about <Faction>, they should tell it in the <Faction> topic, not in the <Join Faction> topic.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

That is a good point. Place what I wrote with it under Dunmer, Imperial Cult

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yep. Move everything not belonging to the IC out of the 'join the IC' topic. (Not just the Dunmer stuff)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Hey. Just dropped in to give an update on where I am with this. I have now designed all but the last quest which I hope to do in the next week so I can finally get on and make it.

Here's what I have done so far. Any comments, suggestions or corrections are all very welcome.
Attachments
Detailed Imperial Cult Quest Outline.doc
(26.98 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Very good eddy, I almost sent you an e-mail to see if you had an update. Good that you're still around, :))

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

I cannot open the file in word because it is coded. Could someone please upload the file without the coding? As the original designer I would like to express my thoughts :)

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

yeah uh this is like wtf mate? Can you upload a .txt version please.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Sorry about that. Hopefully this works.
Attachments
Detailed Quest Outline.txt
(14.66 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Elonder=Elmonder, for the rest it is solid. Please keep in mind that quests 6-10 need to be redesigned. You may begin, :)

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

A few notes:

For the first quest, we agreed a while ago that having 50 septims reward for 5 kwama eggs a bit much, so please bump it down to about 20 or 25.

The Second quest is OK, but maybe you could get the player to bug Elmonder (Elonder?) to tell him a bit about the artefact and give him more emotion.

The third quest is good. Don't be shy to make the quest longer. Its meant to make you go round for a while doing errands. Maybe Gindel ordered the clothes with a large portion of her money and they haven't arrived?

For the fourth quest, Healing Hostilities, you must make obvious that the cult wants the alit to be healed so that they attack the plantation again because they've got a grudge against Alendu (Alendu openly proclaims his hate for the IC and Imperial gods in general).

The fifth quest is all good exept one bit: The diamond part of the mine is accually unknown and undiscovered. An old idea of mine was that a miner discovered them, but didn't want anybody else to. So he cast some undead on the only tunnel he knew led to the diamond, so the haunting was a hoax. Your idea is good and feasable, but you must remember that the diamond is secret. Its an Iron mine.

:) I like seeing progress on my design. Good work Steady Eddy!

And as theviking said, don't do quests 6-10, just finish the ones you've already designed. If your hungry for more work, you can design and do recover the amulet, but make sure its quest number 7.

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Here's another update taking into account the suggestions from Jedak.

Q1: I changed the reward for the first quest to 20 gold
Q2: Elmonder now speaks a little about the artefact (just the fact its an amulet)
Q3: I'm reluctant to make it any longer as I think the player may find it tedious but I may add another person in when I actually make it.
Q4: I made the fact that Alendu is wanted out of the way a bit more obvious.
Q5: I've rejigged the quest so that the player still needs to find diamond but Fabius Varian doesn't know about. Also the player gets different options to finish it (but the same reward as I can't justify giving the player less if they didn't tell Varian there was diamond, Relie wouldn't know either and as the haunting isn't officially over its the same outcome. Hope that makes sense :S )

I have also started implementing this :D
Attachments
Detailed Quest Outline.txt
(16.2 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Here's an update with the first two quests implemented.
Attachments
TR_q1_72_Imp.ESP
Quests 1 and 2 and joining up
(35.09 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Eddy, would you like this file to be playtested? Are you stilll around making this?

steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Yes a bit of playtesting would be nice please just to make sure that I'm on the right track.

At the moment I'm in the middle of exams so won't be able to finish this for another few weeks yet.
JennaK
TR Tester

Testing

Post by JennaK »

I tested the first two Imperial Cult quests.
-I began in Firewatch, in the Imperial Chapel. Neither Relie nor Ladia had a "Join Imperial cult" topic. After selecting the topic "advancement" I was able to get the "Join Imperial Cult" topic.
-There was no topic for duties or errands from either of those two. It would be helpful if they could direct the player to Bal Oyra where Allion has requested help.
-Allion Aberus, topic "Elmonder": "...Ladia foresaw a hidden artefact..." Is this "artefact" supposed to be spelled artifact?
-In tavern, speaking to Elmonder, choices are give potion or cast cure spell. Casting spell does nothing.

Otherwise the two quests work fine, fairly simple and straight forward. I would also like to hear more about this amulet.
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

The amulet is an artefact that the player retrieves in quest 7 (or 8 I can't remember :P). The players mission is to suceed were Elmonder failed.

osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Nice add on the quests for Map 1, keep up the good work.

Being unable to playtest due to some hardware issue, I will keep on posting about quests dialogue spelling errors everytime I will find some; I hope that my situation will change as soon as possible.

Here's a first post. Look my fixed version: I'm not sure if the lack of a 'the' has to be assumed as an error or not, but maybe 'potion' should be added between 'quality fortify endurance' and 'to persuade him if necessary' (maybe 'a potion of quality fortify endurance' would be even better, that depends on how Morrowind calls the potions).

TR_m1_IC_1 journal index 10

Allion Aberus has asked me to get five kwama eggs. He suggested that I go to Soludanni Egg Mine and talk to Han Sadalvel to get permission. He gave me a quality fortify endurance to persuade him if necessary.

fixed:

"Allion Aberus has asked me to get five kwama eggs. He suggested that I go to the Soludanni Egg Mine and talk to Han Sadalvel to get permission. He gave me a quality fortify endurance potion to persuade him if necessary."

("a potion of quality fortify endurance")(?)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Thanks for playtesting this. I have a more recent version here that, I think, fixes the problem JennaK was talking about with Relie and Ladia not directing you to Allion Aberus.

I just have one more quest to do which should be done in the next few days.
JennaK
TR Tester

Post by JennaK »

Ok, got new version. do you need it playtested or would you rather I wait until you complete the next quest/quests? Did you fix the potion vs cast heal spell?
steady_eddy
Developer

Post by steady_eddy »

Here's the final version with all the quests implemented. Now it just needs some more playtesting so I can iron out the bugs.

JennaK, when healing Elmonder with cast spell the dialogue ends and then you have to cast heal spells on him until his health is full. I've tried to make this more obvious. I used Heal Companion when testing it.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Great news, I'm going to request the file from Theo, merge this with it, and then upload it to the quest error reporting thread. In the meanwhile you all can use this thread to playtest/error report. Well done, eddy!

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Shouldn't this go to reviewing then, theviking?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No, unless non-Reviewer folks like Osiris and Jenna can now see the Reviewing forums.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I can see the Quest Reviewing Board. (The one that currently contains "q7-6-Mis"). If there's another, secret one you're right, though. :wink: However, when I try to post I get the "sorry, but only users granted special access can reply to posts in this forum" message.