q1-75-Tel

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

No, Trivra's not the cultist. She's a Boethiah Cultist sympathiser (not member), and while initially planned for the MBC, this conflict was realised and she is going to be excised from the line. She still turns up in some plans, but don't get confused - someone else will take her place.

Re: Llothanis, that's the Head of Lore's prerogative. It's just been actually enacted, though he asked for it to happen several months ago.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Post by pacificmorrowind »

who will take Trivra's place?
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

What do you need a Boethiah cultist for? I can't really remember the quest plan here.

If you need 'the' Boethiah cultist, we don't really have a name yet. It's still in planning.

If you just need 'a' Boethiah cultist, make a new NPC in a tavern somewhere or something.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
pacificmorrowind
Developer

I need a Molag Bal cultist, I just need one not the head one or anything, but it is supposed to be obvious to any who had played the MB quest that it is MB cultist. Any suggestions with that in mind?
thanks;
pacific morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I'm sorry, but not at all. There is one bloke called Salms Alan that could be such a person, but his part in the Molag Bal cult is not yet designed. Lud should know more about him. I think you can use Salms Alan for this quest, but of course the one in the Molag Bal questline should be equivalent. I'm going to contact Lud and say him that you are busy with that Molag Bal cultist. Then the two of you can figure him out.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Salms Alan is a morally ambiguous Molag Bal cultist. He gets killed during the questline, but it's not quite clear whether he was a traitor to the cult or whether the player was tricked into killing him for somebody else's political desires. He also gets killed, so I wouldn't use him.

There are a couple of cultists present at the start of the MB quest that aren't really fleshed out; just use any NPC you like and the MB NPC can be made to fit yours. This guy will be somebody who helps to initiate the player into the cult.

How does that suit?

BTW, MB line coming soon. :)
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Sedave Indala Coming soon to a wilderness near you. I was thinking of having him and his camp disabled unless you have this quest (and once the MB questline is created, unless you have the first journal) or would you prefer that he is always there waiting to be killed by some trigger happy Orc?
Pacific Morrowind
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Just checked out your file, and apart from a couple of typos, which we can pick up later, there's a quick change to your journal naming required - rather than TR_m1_HT_BG03, it should be TR_m1_HT_BG3 etc. (no 0)

And remember that Eldale's quests, as indicated by the plan, begin at 3, not 1.

Otherwise, all looks pretty good. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

pacificmorrowind
Developer

ok, will change.
Pacific Morrowind
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Uploaded new esp. with Quests 1-3 complete, to use you will need the attached 7z extracted to your data files and the esp checked, unless you have a new TR_data with my addition. please post errors. I fixed Bal-Gernak's chambers, there was a hole in the wall.
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
ack- my attach button is nowwhere to be found, I will attach it to the top of the topic
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

pacificmorrowind wrote: ack- my attach button is nowwhere to be found, I will attach it to the top of the topic
That is where you are supposed to upload WIP files for claims ;-)
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

TR_q1-75-Tel_pacificmorrowind_2
(Hum... Not sure if I have checked the 2nd or 3rd file! Ops!)

For unknown reasons my computer is still unable to load the Bal Gernak Manor interior, so I had not playtested pacificmorrowind's quests yet, I just had a quick look at the journal. To start things off, here's a very silly (picky as usual) question:

In Morrowind dialogue, has a race name supposed to be wrote in capital letters or not? Because every journal of TR_m1_HT_BG01 ("Bal Gernak VS. Eldale") don't use capital letters for races, for example TR_m1_HT_BG01 journal index 25 says "I have given Bal-Gernak a khajiit skull. Next he wants an orc skull", while TR_m1_HT_BG_02 ("Killing Gra-Ghosh") journal index 10 uses capital letters instead: "Bal-Gernak hired an Orc named Gra-Ghosh etc.".

Very minor typos and possible spelling errors I found:

TR_m1_HT_BG01

the quest title "Bal-Gernak VS. Eldale" wouldn't look better as "Bal-Gernak vs. Eldale"?

journal index 15
"Bal-Gernak wants some skulls collected for scientific research. It sounds dubious but the Telvanni often reward even menial labor richly. He wants a mer or man skull first" (needs a period at the end);

journal index 25
"I have given Bal-Gernak a khajiit skull. Next he wants an orc skull" (same as above);

journal index 35
I'm not an english language expert, which one of these versions is the best?

The original version:
"I have given Bal-Gernak an argonian skull. He has finally rewarded me. If I ever find vampire skulls he is interested in them. When I started this quest he mentioned that he had multiple tasks for me, I should enquire to see if he has any others."

My own version:
"I have given Bal-Gernak an argonian skull. He has finally rewarded me. If I ever find vampire skulls he will be interested in them. When I started this quest he mentioned that he had multiple tasks for me, I should enquire to see if he has any others."

Second quest, same question as above: which one sounds better?

TR_m1_HT_BG02 "Killing Gra-Ghosh"

journal index 10

Original version:

"Bal-Gernak hired an Orc named Gra-Ghosh to find the skull that I successfully found and delivered to him. Unfortunately this Orc misunderstood Bal-Gernak and has taken to killing travelers for their skulls. He has taken up residence near a pass on the road just east of Tel Oren. Bal-Gernak wants me to go there and kill him and remove any evidence before the legion or mages guild gets there."

My own version:

"Bal-Gernak hired an Orc named Gra-Ghosh to find the skull that I successfully found and delivered to him. Unfortunately this Orc misunderstood Bal-Gernak and has taken to killing travelers for their skulls. He has taken up residence near a pass on the road just east of Tel Oren. Bal-Gernak wants me to go there, kill him and remove any evidence before the legion or mages guild gets there." (here I have just put a comma between "there" and "kill him", instead of "and").

journal index 23
Original version:
"I have Kill Gra-Ghosh and dealt with the evidence, I should now report back to Bal-Gernak."

Fixed version:
"I have killed Gra-Ghosh and dealt with the evidence, I should now report back to Bal-Gernak."

journal index 25
"The traveler who looks to be some kind of mage has killed Gra-Ghosh" (needs a period at the end)

journal index 35
Original version:
"The travelor has aproached me and introduced herself as a Mages Guild member investigating a report of necromancy in the area. She has asked me to stand down and leave the area."

Fixed version:
"The traveler has aproached me and introduced herself as a Mages Guild member investigating a report of necromancy in the area. She has asked me to stand down and leave the area."

Just one note: according to the old "Killing the Messenger" journal, "mages guild" should be always typed with capital M and N, "Mages Guild". Please check TR_m1_HT_BG02 journal indexes 10, 43, 44, 45, 55, 60, 65 and fix that.

That's all for the moment, will check the dialogue later.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

How is this going, pacificmorrowind?

pacificmorrowind
Developer

Oops.
I said somewhere else on this forum, that my computer had broken down. It still isn't fixed and I am using a dinosaur that has no harddrive (okay a miniscule one) and has a hard time running firefox let alone the CS/MW. As soon as I get my computer working again expect an update.
Pacific Morrowind
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Just posted Quest 4 (the special book is just junk as a place holder (just copied some other TR book ;)) but other than that it should be fine, with my memory on this computer I can't actually test it (MW wont run but the CS will run slowly (now that I got a real HD in). Quest 5 is half done but don't expect there to be minimal errors in that half, Haven't error checked it yet. Looking for error reports for the first 4 quests, incorporated Osiris's suggested fixes, capitalized the race names since in all the MW standard dialogue they are capitalized, tell me if I should decapitalize them, Also some other miscellaneous tweaks and fixes.
Pacific Morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Great, I hope it gets playtested soon.

immortal_pigs
Developer

Post by immortal_pigs »

I have gone through all your journal entries, save for BG quest number 5. Here's what I found:

HT_BG1 15: "Bal-Gernak", should be "Bal Gernak".
[Disp/Index 20-35 all have "Bal-Gernak"]

HT_BG1 20: "mer/men". Replace with "the skull of either a man or mer". OR make two separate journal entries for it being either the skull of a man or that of a mer.

HT_BG1 35: "When I started this quest he mentioned that he had multiple tasks for me, I should enquire to see if he has any others."
I don't think this fits in the way journal entries are usually made.

HT_BG2 10: to find the skull[add s] that I successfully found and delivered to him. Unfortunately this Orc misunderstood Bal-Gernak

... or mages guild gets there.

HT_BG2 30: Seeing as I had already killed the orc [add comma] Bal-Gernak has rewarded me richly, however he did not say why he wanted him killed so that may always be a mystery.

HT_BG2 55: though the Mages guild had already

HT_BG2 60: had let the mages guild member live

HT_BG2 65 is basically the same as Disp/Index 60. Why??

HT_BG3 10: "I must track down and Sedave Indala" ---- A word is missing?

HT_BG3 20: "after I have brough" ----- Why is this past tense?

In Disp/Index 20 you refer to "Helvia Jotlun". After that she is refered to as "Helvia Stoinless". Which one is it?

HT_BG3 26: Add a DOT to the sentence., same goes for Disp/Index 27.

HT_BG3 40: "Bal-Gernak".

HT_BG4 40: Add a DOT and make two sentences or add a comma.

HT_BG4 45: "Bal-Gernak".

HT_BG4 50: "what all these quests have been about."
Again, refering to "quests" doesn't really fit in my opinion.

Oh, and in the beginning entries at least, you refer to "Gah Ouadaruhn". Gah Ouadaruhn is supposed to be "Llothanis".
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

been over a month, any updates?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
pacificmorrowind
Developer

Should have made sure it posted, I thought I had posted about 2 weeks ago, but looks like it got lost somewhere in between my head and the site. I will be posting a WIP within a couple days with a few new quests done.
Pacific Morrowind
PS. Vista UAC sucks - good thing they let you disable it, good news is now I can play test this thing as I'm working on it! With new laptop & vista MW runs fast and works, no key mapping required either, & console works fine.
pacificmorrowind
Developer

completed quests in this version with notations about any changes from plan:
ALL of the Bal Gernak quests. - any changes discussed earlier. please playtest.
El3 - betraying Bal Gernak, can be started anytime after doing Eldale's mouth quests and Bal Gernaks 1st quest. in which case she says to spy on him, go ahead kill the orc, but get the amulet for her. or if you warn her about Bal Gernak after already giving him the amulet, she gets you to steal it however it is not anywhere to be found in Bal Gernak's Manor or chambers. which leads to: please playtest.
EL_misc: ask one of the slaves (Galgah) about amulet, he knows where to find it, however you must free him and give him netch leather armor, steel dagger, 500 gold and take him to argonian mission in FW, then he tells you there is a secret lever that will transport the player to Bal Gernak's special storage room (new disconnected room in Bal Gernak's chambers). please playtest.
El4 - either steal the book (from same place as the amulet) or get her the book by leading some cards from tel ouada to sagea and killing necromancer. stealling book not implemented yet, please playtest other option.
El5- only partially implemented - no point really playtesting.
PacificMorrowind.
pacificmorrowind
Developer

EL4-stealing the book implemented. please playtest up to here, give suggestions, etc.
redownload if you already downloaded the file that was up - I uploaded the wrong one (an older version) only download file #6.
Pacific Morrowind.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

If someone wants to playtest, this is the claim that needs it most at the moment. (map2 still has a higher priority) It's good to hear from you, pacificmorrowind.

pacificmorrowind
Developer

for the rescuing of the slave for Sedave Indala (BG3) what journal code do I use?
still working on this.
PacificMorrowind
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Well, whatever makes sense, I suppose. :?

If it's part of BG3, but needs a seperate journal entry, call it like BG3_a.

If you give it the same 'Quest Title', all its journal entries will be filed along with the other BG3 ones in-game.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

pacificmorrowind
Developer

okay, it is an optional quest that is only available after you bring npc x or y to Sedave Indala as a new slave, it can be done through the Eldale or BG side of the quest but the first command is from Bal Gernak. It definitely wants a different quest title, since it would be "rescuing NPCName" (well two quests each with a different name, but only one of which you can do depending on your choice of slave) or something like that. So I can do BG3_a or something or I was wondering about Q75_misca & miscb. I can do whatever fits best with TR policy on this or whatever sounds best to questing.
Pacific Morrowind
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

BG_a sounds better, but TR_BG_a even better, :). It is fine to add these miscellanious quests to your file. And note that i almost everywhere use "fetch item" as a quest title, it doesnt have anything to do with the quest.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

And TR_m1_HT_BG_a sounds even better than that! :P
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

How is this going, pacificmorrowind?

pacificmorrowind
Developer

EL5- find evidence of wrong doings on Bal Gernak's side. Talk to Eldale to start quest. however you won't find anything...
El_misc - which leads to this. talk to a slave (Galgah) buy them, set the free give them some stuff and take them to FF, and they tell you where to find evidence.
Pacific Morrowind.
(Sorry for the long delay between updates)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Progress?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Modder gone since February. Normally I would revoke, but I'll leave it to the HoQ to revoke this or just e-mail the modder.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Revoking.

If Pacific happens to see this ever, a more recent WIP would be appreciated, if work has not yet begun.

Anyway, this is now open to other claimants.
pacificmorrowind
Developer

<pacific morrowind slinks in hoping no one notices>/morrowind dialogue

sorry for the delay...

been almost totally inactive on building this too. almost done the pt dailogue re: the new wizard to replace Bal Gernak. should be able to post a new wip with that quest complete sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Good to see you back pacificmorrowind

This has been revoked. Are you claiming it again? If so, you might want to read [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=21649]this[/url]. Not sure how that will affect the completion of this quest - I suppose it depends how close you are to finishing.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
pacificmorrowind
Developer

ah yes that was the purpose of that post. so reclaiming.

it doesn't look like that should affect this much (unless i missed something in my quick read).
thanks;
Pacific Morrowind
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

You'll need to click the button.

And bear in mind our recent new rule about claims over a month without updates. I don't want to have another huge absence if you're still seriously wanting to work on this claim.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

pacificmorrowind
Developer

okay will do. and I totally understand that. sorry for the previus huge absence.
Pacific Morrowind
pacificmorrowind
Developer

reclaim...
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

So is this being finished with a dependency on Map 1 or is it going to be transferred to dependency on the new file after the Day of Merge?
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The latter, as with all Telvanni quests.

So yes, pacific if you could hold off work for a day or so, that'd be excellent (you'll need to be working off the new .esm we'll be providing shortly).

And granting.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals