TR_Data Updates Thread

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

MwGek's texture is much better, but it could be recoloured slightly to be more orangy, en perhaps lighter.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

The drastic color change is the reason for reverting back to the old texture; the new texture, regardless of whether Aeven thinks it's better or not, effectively changes the tree to a completely different one in terms of appearance; we have too many placements of the trees depending upon their orange leaves to switch to this dark greenish brown. Also I will say I prefer the old, rich brown of the original bark texture to the new ones with the orange. The whiter bark does fit better with the darker greenish brown leaves for the trees, however. I would very much like to see a simply alpha-fixed original orange-leaf tree with these newer dark greenish brown textures on a variation model set.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I think I'm quite done with these trees. Just swap back to the old models. Just want to notice that I have never seen the same tree where one is really bright orange and the other one green. Just wanted to simulate Autumn.
--Mwgek--
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote:The leaf texture for the 01-06 ND trees was drastically different in terms of colour. [ Before | After ]
You can see here in the before picture how the trees have orange foliage, but in the after picture, they are distinctly green/brown.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just make the new texture a bit more orangy. Easy.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeah, the orange ones were supposed to be prevalent the further south you get in the thirr river region.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Cross-posted here so I remember to add it to TR_Data;
id: TR_bk_Warehouse_log_c
name: Warehouse Shipping Log
model: m\text_octavo_03

[This appears to be the records of incoming and outgoing shipments, complete with dates and business partners.]<BR>
<BR>

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I've modified the ndib tree texture (or rather, MwGek's version) for the red trees to be more red.

[url=http://imgur.com/8fIDC8i][img]http://i.imgur.com/8fIDC8il.jpg[/img][/url]
Attachments
ndib_flora_brownleaves_1.dds
(341.48 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Thanks, Aeven.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Here's a metal screen mesh. Has collision and transparency.
Attachments
tr_in_mh_int_metal.nif
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (151.71 KiB) Viewed 8983 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What's it for?

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I want to use it in the design for the Tribunal Court of Arbitration. Trust me, it makes for a really nice effect.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Another piece I'd like to use. Basically an Indoril wall that has a metal screen.
Attachments
tr_in_MH_wall_metal.NIF
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (189.93 KiB) Viewed 8959 times
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Turns out I made a mistake with my first metal screen mesh, making it reference my CS disc. Should be fixed now, including collision.

Edit: accidentally uploaded old version.

Edit 2: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24048]For some reason Melchior's sewer grate door for Almalexia never got added.[/url]

Edit 3: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=21593]Additional flat de_p bij Melchior.[/url]

Edit 4: Additional flat planes with Indoril wall textures. One is plain with no detail as to a top or down side, the other features discoloration/shadow.

Edit 5: Before any of the cupling etc. flora is used, someone needs to seriously check their bounding boxes. They're HUGE and off-centre.

Edit 6: "Fixed" the Indoril platforms (the ones with the long base) to not use an Imperial fort texture for the trim, but use a Mournhold one instead.
Attachments
tr_in_mh_int_metal.nif
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
ExtraIndorilWalls.rar
(1.02 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
TR_ex_ind_plat04-6.rar
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Aeven wrote:For some reason Melchior's sewer grate door for Almalexia never got added.
Probably because it's still in Reviewing. Just a guess. But I'll take a look at it now.

Now for the meat of the post:

TR_Data has been updated! To prepare for the Map 4 Alpha and Sacred East 1.6 releases, and to make the world (TR) a better place, the following things have been added:

Four new regions (Armun Ashlands, Velothi Mountains, Roth Roryn, Askkaedh Coast).
Barrows and assorted burial meshes from Worsas and (presumably) the SHoTN team. Found under the Statics tab as TR_ex_barrow_... and under the Doors tab as TR_ex_barrow...
Updated Indoril platforms (TR_ex_ind_plat04-06)
New flat de_p! Statics now includes TR_furn_de_p_table_02 and TR_furn_de_p_table_06 and Containers now include TR_furn_de_p_desk01 and TR_furn_de_p_drawer_02. This should round out our flat de_p set. Enjoy, Interior Modders!
TR_terrain_BM rocks no longer have green vertex shading left over from when they were cloned from the WG set.
New metal "grate mesh" wall piece and floor piece for the MH set, in Statics as TR_in_MH_floor/wall_metal.
Six new Dunmer female heads as TR_RS_Dunmer_F_Head01-06.
More efficient and better meshes for TR_ex_Red_platforms.
New TR end piece for Dwemer bridges (TR_ex_dwrv...) that look like proper broken ends for modders to use, rather than having to use ex_dwrv_bridge_10
Updated ndib_flora_brownleaves_1.dds texture for more redness.
New TR_GoblinShaman creature. Let me know if he needs tweaking, I didn't have much information to go on.
New Goblin sign TR_furn_goblin_sign_01.
Improved Dunmereth meshes and textures!
Improved SHoTN Nord house meshes and textures.

Be sure to download both TR_Data.7z and TR_Data.esm for this update!

I had two Orc female head textures to include (which I did in the .bsa) but could not add them into TR_Data.esm due to not having accompanying meshes to assign with them. I can also add the Religious icons in the next update, I didn't since it's 4AM and there were over 100 of them (jesus christ).

Aeven: I did not include the two practically-duplicate floor panes with Indoril wall textures because I didn't feel there is a need for them particularly, and I wasn't convinced they match the style of the rest of the MH set.

Wolli: I couldn't include the TR_red_platform fixes because you made them both the same size, and one is supposed to be much bigger than the other. Once you rectify this, I can add them into the next TR_Data update! I also did not make it to the Dwemer statue pieces this time around, due to it being so late at night and a perceived low urgency level for these pieces at the moment.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

The two wall planes are for using when using a gigantic stretched exterior wall is a bit of a stretch.

My bell tower in Reviewing and the courthouse use them currently. Obviously I could change that but using tiles or gigantic walls looked incredibly ugly and this looks pretty.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Okay, for future reference, and I think I've said this before: it's not a good idea to use stuff in the mod before it's added to TR_Data, for multiple reasons, one of which is avoiding situations like this:

http://i.imgur.com/VIxNSps.jpg

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR_Data has been updated!

New in this release:
Several new books have been added to replace the old ones, and a new scroll came, too.
Various enchantments fixed/redone.
Added in TR_terrain_ai_rock_11 since it was missing from the list.
Added in cleaned versions of the TR Redoran platforms without the inexplicable animation attached to them. Thanks, wolli.
Four new dwarven statues and three pieces of dwarven statues under TR_ex_dwrv in the Statics tab. Again thanks to wolli.
Fixed TR_ex_red_entr_01 UV.
Added collision to TR_in_nec_temple.
TR_misc_com_fp_hook no longer has a hole in the mesh.
TR_ex_red_hut 01 and 02 no longer bleed at the chimneys.
Fixed beetle shells + UVs.
TR_cont_dae_amulet fixed.
TR_in_c_plain_beams fixed.
TR_ing_bluefoot removed animation node.
TR_ing_parastylus_shel gap in mesh fixed.
Attempted fix at the bugged stoneware platter.
Attempted fix at TR_misc_steel_piece_04 rotation.
Attempted fix at TR_misc_pan_01 rotation.
TR_bk_TalesofKieran updated to remove British spellings

Be sure to grab both TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.7z for this update!
Last edited by Haplo on Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

TR_Data has been updated!

This update just includes some minor fixes and alterations for the latest alpha, but it is newer, so it's a good idea to download it as TR Modders. Note that the TR_Data.esm file may appear to be dated very old, this is on purpose! Apparently without Morrowind Code Patch, the newer TR_Data.esm files would not work with TR_Mainland.esm due to file-date requirements.

Be sure to grab both TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.7z for this update. If you have them from the 7 January 2014 alpha file, you don't need to download them from here.

sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

I am requesting that Lurlock's Missing Cave Pieces (MCP) be added to the TR-Data set. This is a modder's resource adds pieces that will enable me to create the quality and variety of snow caves that I hope to make for TR in the future.

The snow cave set lacks the pieces I need to make my current vertical cave claim. There are no large ice rock forms and it lacks adequate pieces to create large open caverns.

For this reason I request these assets that I and other interior modders need to create snow caves be added ASAP.

Lurlock's MCP:
http://mw.modhistory.com/download-55-15153

If it helps assess our need for additional BM IC_cave pieces I have cataloged them into a single file for use as a TR resource.. though i'm not sure where to upload it.

Edit: was told to put this here by TF or Aeven in IRC(i think), however since this gave p previous claim this is no longer a pressing issue. I do think however that retexturing standard and often used cave pieces not available in snow cave set would be advisable for the highest quality and greatest variety of caves for upcoming NW claims.

I will repost this in models thread.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

In the next TR_Data, could we get some sacks and crates that only have comberry and hackle-lo in them? It will come in handy for Hlaalu plantations.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

I think it would be nice to include this [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/43297/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmorrowind%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D43297%26preview%3D&pUp=1]fix[/url] to the current tr_siltstrider_vo model
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Need new models of the TR_furn_tapestry(00-30) with NCO text added to them, or the collision box made to cover just the bar. Note: these use MW f\furn_tapestry(00-30) meshes.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Note that TR_furn_tapestry00 only has a texture on one of its sides, and as such always needs to be placed against a solid wall anyway. It probably does not need a variant.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Thanks for pointing that out Gnomey. We should be sure to add a NiStencilProperty to it so that both sides are viewable.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

We were discussing in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=325981#325981]this thread[/url] that the glass bottles should have reduced value. They are empty bottles with nicely designed glass. A good value range would be from 5-10 gold. They shouldn't cost more than iron gauntlets, though.

TR_misc_potion_01
TR_misc_potion_02
TR_misc_potion_03
TR_misc_potion_04
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Does anyone have the textures tr_gb_a_orc_bed.dds and tr_gb_saltrice_02.dds? Maybe in an old .bsa file somewhere.

Edit: Haplo says they were never added - never mind.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Just leaving a download link to TR_DATA v14.12B from December 31st 2014.

This is the latest version of TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa

See the change log and the new items catalog [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17918&start=410]HERE[/url].
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Why isn't it also [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/esp/browser.php]here[/url]?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

It's not there due to 2 reasons:

a) There were some significant changes made to the data files; in particular the texture directory structure. I tested as much as I could, but felt that additional testing should be done before releasing to the general public. Hopefully, people are using the file and are not having any problems; haven't seen any comments lately.

b) I either do not have the privileges or possibly the know-how, to be able to update the "TR Data" files. Hopefully this will be remedied before the next update.

The next update will have all the nif files in the following directories corrected: a, b, c, d, l, n. It is taking a bit longer than anticipated due to new problems that have been encountered with these meshes, and the need to create new testing procedures for clothing/armour issues. I also hope to have all the nifs that are currently in the bsa file, incorporated into the esm file.
Tes96
Reviewer

Data Errors

Post by Tes96 »

1) I'm using the latest data. Anybody else getting the alchemy IDs with ".nif" at the end of the name [url=http://i.imgur.com/eJlVYy0.jpg]like this[/url]?

2) Why are two of the legs on TR_furn_de_p_table_01 shorter than the other two? These tables are meant to be in homes on a flat surface so what's with the uneven legs?

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Re: Data Errors

Post by Seneca37 »

Tes96 wrote:1) I'm using the latest data. Anybody else getting the alchemy IDs with ".nif" at the end of the name ?
Yeah, that's been like that for a long time. However, I'm pretty sure that if we tried to correct it, it would corrupt saved-games(someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Tes96 wrote:2) Why are two of the legs on TR_furn_de_p_table_01 shorter than the other two? These tables are meant to be in homes on a flat surface so what's with the uneven legs?
The person who created that table, just copied the furn_de_table_01 file and flattened out the top. They didn't fix the legs - which is a VERY common problem with MW tables. At least this one is fully textured, some tables do not have any bottom textures (bottom of legs, bottom of table, ...).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

tr_furn_crate_open_05 has been fixed. Surfaces & textures have been applied to the 2 sides that were missed. The replacement .nif file will be in the next TR_Data update.

I am currently going through all of TR's objects and looking for original MW models that TR used, but BETH did not. Usually there is some kind of problem with the file, hence BETH did not use it. I will fix what I can.
Tes96
Reviewer

Re: Data Errors

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:
Tes96 wrote:1) I'm using the latest data. Anybody else getting the alchemy IDs with ".nif" at the end of the name ?
Yeah, that's been like that for a long time. However, I'm pretty sure that if we tried to correct it, it would corrupt saved-games(someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Tes96 wrote:2) Why are two of the legs on TR_furn_de_p_table_01 shorter than the other two? These tables are meant to be in homes on a flat surface so what's with the uneven legs?
The person who created that table, just copied the furn_de_table_01 file and flattened out the top. They didn't fix the legs - which is a VERY common problem with MW tables. At least this one is fully textured, some tables do not have any bottom textures (bottom of legs, bottom of table, ...).
Well, as for the saved game issue, you'll probably get errors but then save again and reload and it should be fine. Besides, we're in the middle of building this project so people shouldn't expect to play a perfect game with this just yet.

Okay. As long as its on the to-do list to eventually be fixed; there's no hurry.

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

In the [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=327974]South AT merge thread[/url] I mentioned a bug with the distant land versions of the mountain peaks appearing as if enshrouded in shadow. Swiftoak managed to fix this, and I've linked the fixed files below.
The texture resolution of the new meshes still needs to be upped, as can be seen from browsing my [url=http://imgur.com/a/vXDHX#1]new screenshots[/url] of the buffer zone, and I'd still prefer to see the collisions improved, as anyone who playtested the most recent South AT file and went along the mountain paths will probably understand. (Though if worst comes to worst I could always make heavy use of collision boxes instead).

Edit: and here are the WIP meshes and textures for the [url=http://imgur.com/a/Iu9WE#1]Ashlander banners[/url]. I haven't managed to get the alphas to work yet.
Attachments
Meshes.zip
(69.96 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
Data Files.7z
(83.04 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Double-posting for clarity: below are the correct, working files for the Ashlander banners. With seneca's help I was able to fix the alpha maps. The names and directories can naturally be changed as required.
Attachments
Data Files.7z
(96.83 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

In the TR_Data from december 31st, I get complaints about the texture tr_tx_imp_navysail.dds being missing.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Theminimanx wrote:In the TR_Data from december 31st, I get complaints about the texture tr_tx_imp_navysail.dds being missing.
That texture is missing, along with a few others. In fact, the sails will turn yellow if you get too far from them in-game. (Didn't know the game did that with absent textures.) However, I'm quite certain the plan is to fix the missing textures by the next update.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

In the attached file are two banners (Static) for Old Ebonheart as well as one animated (Activator) one.
Attachments
OE Flag and Banners.7z
(184.71 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
Tes96
Reviewer

Snow in Telvanni Isles?

Post by Tes96 »

I really think we should have an official error reporting topic instead of using the Data Update thread.

I was traveling eastwards through the [url=http://i.imgur.com/cJgYnPy.jpg]Sea of Ghosts[/url] towards the [url=http://i.imgur.com/nMfP0JM.jpg]Telvanni Isles[/url] and it was snowing most of the way there. This was with a fresh new game I had started. I'm using latest data. It's not supposed to be snowing in the Telvanni region, is it?