n2-3-Tri

Where hooms take a shit and we clean it up.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

n2-3-Tri

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: OOT
Claim ID: TR_n2-3-Tri (#1707)
Faction: Temple
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

Dunmer Saint statues.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=13791
Saint Seryn - The one who could take on diseases. She will be looking more hunch-backed when the final statue version is done.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=13790
Saint Veloth - Pointing "to the east, to Morrowind". (There will be two versions, one a mirror image, to allow people using him to ensure he points east at all times little Temple quirk I came up with) without looking silly.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=13789
Necrom Ordinator - Extending hand, leading way to Necrom.

See thread for discussion.
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19372
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

I already made the mesh for s.t seryn, I pm'd it to bloodthirsty crustacean a while ago.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Huh, upload it here please. LN already started working on that one... :/
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

sorry for not saying this earlier, but here it is: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=13691
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

That's a link from your PM upload, isn't it? Doesn't work for me. You have to upload it here.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

there you go.
Attachments
St Seryn Statue.zip
(222.4 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

If that's the one you sent me for St. Seryn, that ones still out of date and buggy (missing hands, wrong hair, crazy base) etc.

If this is a fixed version, I'll check it out.

And thanks Aro for setting up a proper claim for these things. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

myeesh.

i downloaded jellew's, ill take a look later today.

here is what i did so far yesterday. this claim turned out to be a whole lot more fun then i was expecting... and i got caught up in the craze and started experimenting. so this has some additions from the concept on my part. personaly i think thats a good thing since its a bit more unique then just vanilla models plastered together. however, everything is still sepparate so i can remove stuff.

[url=http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=84694537df0.jpg][img]http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1337/84694537df0.th.jpg[/img][/url]

i added the bun, modified the hair slightly (to make it more statue like) and made some minor edits to the face. ill edit her body some too, but the rest will be like the concept.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Play around as much as you like! :)

The more cool, the merrier. And it looks very good, BTW.

Just remember the hunchbacked-ness. That's vital.

Oh yeah, did you get my suggestion a while back about 'ash-skirts' for Veloth?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Hey, looking good N!
I don't suppose there's any chance that you would be willing to do a simple retexture on the Sotha Sil statue and a check on the bases of the Almalexia one that're already in TR_Data so that we have three matching statues with the same size base, one for each of the Tribunal?
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

sure, sounds easy enough lud.

anyhow, here is the progress. some vertexes need to be moved to make her more natural, but the basic pose is done.

[url=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3773/stserynup3.jpg][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3773/stserynup3.th.jpg[/img][/url]
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It looks great, although the waist looks a *bit* thin. I know it's a lot thinner than most people think, but adding like a vertex or two to both sides would make it perfect, IMHO. They're not ALL anorexic/bulemic/have thyroid problems/whatever else they can think up ya know

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

the waist is how it originaly was on that shirt :P but yea, ill make it bigger. part of the problem is not the waist itself but the width of her hips creating a wierd proportion (curently it is as wide as her shoulders).
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Nice as far as WIPs go :) Keep it up! BTW, I'm just reminding you of a good brick texture that I need.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The hips thing probably comes from the fact that that particular robe is really 'furry' and bulky. You can only see that with the textures, but that's actually a reason I chose that robe: makes it seem more 'hermity' and stuff, rather than the graceful healer that is St. Meris (I think).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

I gave a try on the necrom ordinator statue. some of the original models I used as a base were modelled a bit weird (many double vertices and weird normals) but it should look alright ingame when textured. It's still very wip since it should still be made more "statue-ish"(removing vertices), most work will be put inside the texture by creating a good stone texture that also contains face/armor details. I would be happy to recieve some advice on what to improve.
[url=http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=necromordinatorstatuecf7.jpg][img]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6373/necromordinatorstatuecf7.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Very good. My thoughts are:

You got his right hand wrong. It shouldn't be across his chest, it needs to be extended downwards, as in the concept plan, on the leftmost image.

His right-hand pauldron is a little too 'flicky uppy'. Take a look at an in-game Ordinator (a Necrom one can be found in TR Testing Cell in the CS), and reproduce the angle from him. (I think I got it right in the concept, and again, the leftmost one is the best guide here)

His head needs to be looking down a bit, because the guy needs to be on a big scale (same as Beth's Olms and Delyn), but still seem 'human' and not 'aloof': he needs to look down to look travellers in the eye. (Though not 'stupidly down'. It still needs to look natural)

Check the feet. His right foot should probably point in the direction he's looking, to make it look natural.

Play with the cloak a bit, to make it conform to his shape more. In the CS I needed to rotate it a bit to make it not look weird. It should not look like there's a big gap between him and his cape. The one of your shots where it looks weirdest is the one from the "front/side". You can see it looks 'hunchbacked', which it shouldn't.

Anyway, apart from those minor things, this is looking very good, and you got the pointing hand done far better than I had hoped we'd be able to do it. Excellent! :)

Keep up the good work.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

update. will edit post and add screens soon. Until then you can have a look in nifskope.
Attachments
NecOrdStatue.zip
(145.25 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

After a while of distraction, I've had a look at this (imported into the CS, 'cos I don't have nifskope) and there are only a few things left to fix!

His right pauldron still points up too much.

His right hand should be flipped (so it is palm upwards), and the whole right arm should be at a slightly steeper angle, so that his hand is lower down.

In the CS, rotating him is off center. He rotates as if the center of the rotation axis was a couple of meters away from him.

Otherwise, perfect! (Except, in the CS, his entire cuirass is missing, but I assume that's just a quirk of viewing it in the CS, and you haven't just forgotten to put his chest in :P)

Very nice work, all that remains is to give him a base, scale him up to Olms/Delyn size and texture him! Lovely. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

I will fix all of this, the problem with the cuirass is that the normals got flipped(basicly means the mesh is turned inside, like an interior mesh) this happens becouse of sometimes rather tard export scripts.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I take you, mister saint veloth statue! You're mine! Claiming that guy.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

LOL I just noticed that Jelle's ordinator statue looks like the second pose of the fusion dance from DBZ

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Good to see more progress. :)

And on Veloth, Aro, here's a little addendum to the concept art that I gave to Lady N:
Also, for Veloth, an idea I was hit with last night was to try and play around with a skirt piece for his lower body. I was thinking 'cut a skirt up', so that it's open at the front, but still clings around his waist, or perhaps just purely cut one in half, and stick one part on either side of his waist, to make 'leg coverings', if you get what I mean. Play around with the various skirts, to see if you can get something looking cool and ash-cloaky.
Something along those lines would improve the current concept greatly.

And do you have the list of body parts to use (I think it's in the Data Update thread (my one, not Hap's))?

If not, I can post it here or PM it to ya.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Hmm, post it here please :) That would speed up the importing. Thanks

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here's the full lowdown of the statue as given to Jellew all those months ago:
This time it's St. Veloth, one of the most important Saints in the Tribunal religion. He's the guy who brings the Chimer to Morrowind (before they become Dunmer). For this reason, he is posed as pointing. (You will need to modify the standard hand to point. I have just sketched in examples because you can't do that in the CS)

I think it would be excellent if we could have two versions, one a flipped version of the other. In one he wields an ebony spear, the other his famous Daedric warhammer. The reason for this flipping is that it would allow our exteriorers/interiorers to make him always point to the east. I think that would be a cool touch, that statue makers always have him pointing to the east (to Morrowind) without looking silly (e.g. facing a wall).

For when he is weilding the warhammer, it needs to be increased to a 1.3 scale, to make it balance right.

In addition, some of the body parts require flipping to maintain symettry/'mirror image-ness'. These are the feet, the 'upper leg' greave parts, and to a lesser extent the upper arms. (With them, see what looks best, flipped or un-flipped)

Also, the whole statue should be on a 'larger than life' scale anyway, so once it's all ready, up it to the size of vanilla's St. Delyn and Olms, and then perhaps up it just a little bit more from there.

Finally, although I think my plan's top-half is awesome cool, the bottom half could do with some improvement. I'm not very good at getting his legs in a 'life-like' pose, so follow your instincts there, as long as he looks cool and commanding.

The body parts used are: "a_bonemold_cuirass_c", "A_M_Chitin_pauldron_CL" (for the 'semi-pauldrons'), "b_n_dark elf_m_upper arm", "b_n_dark elf_m_forearm", "b_n_dark elf_m_wrist", "b_n_dark elf_m_neck", "b_n_dark elf_m_head_01", "b_n_dark elf_m_hair_26", "TR_A_NecO_Groin" (TR's Necrom ordinator groin-piece), "TR_a_dres_UL" (TR's Dres bonemold greave upper-legs), "a_bonemold_greaves_k", "TR_a_dres_a" (TR's Dres bonemold boot 'ankle/shin guard'), "a_bonemold_boots_f", and either "W_warhammer_daedric" or "W_longspear_ebony" (one for each of the two statue variants).

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could change the pose even further between the two variants, as long as he remains pointing (but with the other arm) and looks cool.

However, I don't expect that of you, so feel free to just flip the base pose.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

attaching .mb (maya format) for backup purposes and carelessly exported .obj (for viewing purposes). i need to add the staff, a base, and mess with the clothing some more. is there any specific base i should use or should i make my own?

after thats done its on to optimising the mesh (deleating invisible polygons) and UV maping.
Attachments
stSeryn.rar
(118.25 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

For the base, it'd be best to use the same one as St. Olms/Delyn (vanilla) and Felms (TR), all of whom I believe use the same base.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Just to let you know that I'm on it...
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/Veloth000.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/th_Veloth000.jpg[/img][/url]
I finished importing, setting texture paths and such. And omg, I'm running out of materials slots! I'll have to reduce the number of used textures, and leave some for details on the hands. And I can also now start setting him into the right pose :)

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

I need a bit of feedback. Does this pose look ok?
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/Veloth000b.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/th_Veloth000b.jpg[/img][/url]

Peterboy
Developer

Post by Peterboy »

awesome :D
"A sick thought can devour the body’s flesh more than fever or consumption"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sexeh.

That looks absolutely perfect, pose-wise, with nothing buggy needing fixing, except perhaps his arm (pointing) should be slightly more in line with the way he's looking? (I can't really tell from this angle, but it looks like it might seem a bit awkward in-game)

I look forward to seeing the weapon and ash-skirt in place! :D

EDIT: Just realised, 1000th post. W00t! :banana:
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

If there is no skirt to be added then I recon the legs look a bit funny separated like that, otherwise, good job!
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

The same question, another time. Side, top and front view.
[url=http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/Vel.jpg][img]http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x139/aruncio101/TR/MW/th_Vel.jpg[/img][/url]

Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

IT looks like he's leaning back a bit and I think he should actually look to where he's pointing to (or maybe even the other way!).

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah, yep, Jedak's right. He looks a little like he's 'leaning back', and the arm should definitely be in line with where he is looking.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

It reminds me of this sort of thing:

[url]http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/18/a5/07/lenin-statue.jpg[/url]
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

All hail Lenin! *Ahem*

I mean,

I think that it would cool if Mr Veloth's pose was like on that statues. It suits him.

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Seems like those statues are motivation killers. LN and Jellew, could you please upload your latest wips and declare your will to finish this or not? I'm not sure if I'll be working on the one I choosed. I'd prefer to do not. In fact I'd prefer to scratch the whole statues idea.

aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

DIE! We can try with this again in a year or so.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Unlocked.