q2-11-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Cool.

Well, Evil Eye, if you could get this finished within the next day or two, that'd be really excellent.

Please let me know by the end of today/early tomorrow (GMT) so that we can decide whether it will be possible to merge this into the big 'bothMaps' file.

If you do not notify me, we will assume not, and this could potentially lead to compatibility issues once the merge is completed. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Evil Eye
Developer

Post by Evil Eye »

Ok, I think I've got everything this time, including my crappy spelling. The only thing that's bugging me now is ALMSIVI, is it plural?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

It is generally used as a singular noun. The only thing to note is that it is generally spelt without DRAMACAPS unless used by highly religious and arcane texts like the Sermons. For general usage, it is "Almsivi" (see every dialogue entry in the vanilla game, Almsivi Intervention etc.).

Checking your file now.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Looks sound, decent work. (And much better than the previous somewhat rushed efforts)

Some tweaks I've made due to the desire for getting DoM done, normally you'd fix these yourself:

Overdue Report guard captain has no in-quest greeting (e.g. "So, have you got me that overdue report yet, %PCName?") which is always a bit disconcerting.

Medheleg predicts you want the report, even though he couldn't know. Changed it to something else just to make it clear he's not psychic. :P

It's rather unclear how the player is supposed to initiate the Felmo Enlaris quest beyond the rumours stage. There should be some hint as to that 'he might have a link with someone in town', or at least that the player's looking for someone in town with a link.

The topic 'persuading him to leave' sounds odd. I had to settle for the marginally better 'cease his preaching' because it's too late for me to want to copy each bit of dialogue over into Felmo Enlaris. In future, try and use topic sentences that at least appear to work independently of their sentence.

You used Greeting 8 for generic dialogue, this should be Greeting 7. I moved it.

Not your fault, but I decided I didn't like the option to convince Felmo to leave town. It seemed weird given the fact that this is all an act.

Overall, your dialogue was a tad characterless, particularly in the second quest. It seemed to provide a summary of the action more than that character's actual voice. Your habit of 'Goodbye'ing whenever someone gives you an item added to this somewhat, I felt.

Nonetheless, these were perfectly functional quests, and I've fixed them up a touch. Nothing major (there's only so much I can bring myself to do to someone else's work). Next time, try and put a little more character into your dialogue. Felmo's non-quest related dialogue was solid and in-character, but when it all became "I want the ring." "I will leave now", it just seemed more descriptive than his character speaking.

Anyway, there you go. Final file attached.
Attachments
TR_q2-11-Mis_Evil Eye_3.esp
(24.48 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals