q2-12-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Question #3. :P
Is there any way to for a script to know who killed the NPC. I'm trying to script when Rianele might get killed by the NPC or Alfhed. But, so far I have no idea how to do it properly so it knows the difference between who killed her.
Again any help I can get is appreciated. :)
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Interior Reviews: 168
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Can you check PC Crime level before and then after she dies to see if there is a big enough increase (whatever the amount for murder is)? Or would that only work if the PC kills her unstealthily? Plus the fact it would show a "crime reported" box. Maybe check for the PC's location as soon as she dies and if it's in the same cell or something? I dunno I have no clue
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Haplo wrote:Can you check PC Crime level before and then after she dies to see if there is a big enough increase (whatever the amount for murder is)?
Ah, I thought of that. It only works when the death gets reported as a crime. But since she's already in battle with teh nord by the time the player should decide to kill her, it isn't really a crime. :?
Until I get this part figured out I can still implement the rest of the quest, so I guess it isn't too much of a slowdown just yet.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

That's a tricky one. I'm going to make some suggestions, but don't go ahead with them until MowSkwoz replies here. I wouldn't want to set you off on a workaround if there's some kind of direct method that the maestro knows about.

I would do this one of a few ways:

1) Have one of the NPCs ask for help, and let the player choose yes or no. If the player agrees to help, the quest proceeds as if they killed whichever NPC regardless of whether or not they actually lifted a finger.

2) There is a GetWeaponDrawn and a GetSpellReadied command in the language. It would be possible to use these to determine if the player was in a hostile state when the NPC died. The big hole with this is that many players walk around with their weapon out at all times.

3) There is a GetTarget command in the language. It could be used to determine who is fighting whom, but I don't know how reliable it is when multiple targets are involved. Possibly if Rianele is ever targeting the player (i.e. the player hit her) a variable could be set that notes the player attacked her. This could be a problem if the player accidentally hit her while trying to kill the Nord.

Just some food for thought.
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

She's just trying to think of difficult questions now! :P

Ok, I haven't tested this, but from Morrowind Scripting for Dummies:
GhanBuriGhan wrote:Detecting Attack

[no fix] OnPCHitMe (is local short variable)

Short OnPCHitMe

If ( OnPCHitme == 1 )

A local game variable (not a function, you must declare it as a variable as shown above) that
gets set to 1 when the player hits the calling Actor. Must be manually reset. It seems the use
of the variable "short-circuits" normal NPC behavior in that an NPC with a script that uses
this variable will not attack on its own accord. If you don’t want the Actor to remain passive
you have to manually StartCombat (see example below). Once the Actor is in combat mode,
OnPCHitMe does not report any further hits by the PC. Except, according to information on
the forum, OnPCHitMe gets reset (to 0) if another Actor hits the calling Actor after the PC
did, then the variable gets reset to 1 if the player hits again.
That last sentence makes me think that you could just have this:

Code: Select all

if ( OnDeath == 1 )
	if ( OnPCHitMe == 1 )
		;player killed her
	else
		;Alfhed killed her
	endif
endif
But like I said, this would need testing. If it doesn't work, any of Faalen's solutions should work fine.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Faalen
Developer

Post by Faalen »

The problem with OnPCHitMe is that it resets if someone else hits the NPC. If the player fights the witch, the Nord will be fighting her too and there's no guarantee the player would hit her last. Also, I don't know what OnPCHitMe does when allies are involved. Since there is a different outcome for the player killing each character, both would need to detect whether they were attacked and if the player accidentally hit the one they're helping, it could result in weirdness.

I'd say try them all and see what works the best. You're a thorough playtester, so you should have fun with this. :-)
Q1-77-Tel current progress:
[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=266462#266462]Journals 100% done.[/url]
Practical implementation is now underway.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Are we trying to find out who made the killing blow or whether the player sided with Alfhed?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

MMMowSkwoz wrote:She's just trying to think of difficult questions now! :P
Ah you caught on to what I was doing. :P

But, I was pretty much trying to figure out who made the killing blow, which MowSkwoz suggestion works wonders for. But, this is done under the assumption that a player that does not side with Alfhed will not attack.
It would seem a little odd for the player to have a choice of, "I shall help Alfhed/Rianele" at the beginning of this quest, so I don't know about implementing that way of doing this. If either of you have a better suggestion on how to make it more bug-proof, then do tell.
Right now, if Alfhed deals the final blow, it is assumed the player doesn't care about the quest.
And if the player deals the final blow then once you speak to Alfhed he will say he can't find the axe, blah blah and so on.
I understand that doing it this way will sometimes cause the player to essentially do something to the quest that he didn't mean to, but right now I don't have an idea how to do it otherwise.

Oh and, later today, or maybe even in a couple minutes I'll have a WIP ready. Maybe you guys wanna take a look at it and give suggestions on how to improve that part of the quest.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Ah, double post.

WIP uploaded. All 'sides' of this quest should work, and hopefully isn't too buggy.
The beginning of it is what has been frustrating me. The force greetings don't appear to work right. Please take a look at that and tell me what I did wrong or how to improve it.
The file isn't cleaned yet, either. I'll do that later.

Another note, I used "Thunder strike" for the topic, rather than "thunderstrike" to avoid it getting messy from the Map1 quest.
Is it okay if I just delete that, or should I wait for the fixed map 1 file? Or what?

Edit: Do I have the green light to work on the other quests? Or should I wait for them to be sorted out?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Ok, I've had a look in the CS, but I haven't had chance to check it in-game. The forcegreeting code seems sound enough, are they just not saying anything at all? Here are some points anyway:

1. Don't name scripts the same as an object (Alfhed's one). I've never seen it, but Abot seems to think it can cause baaaad things. Best to be safe.

if ( Qcontrol > 0 )
	StopCombat
endif
means that if I attack Alfhed later he won't fight back.

3. You have added entries at the top of Greeting 5. The top 5 entries need to remain there.

4. Journal 60 (Alfhed killed her) could just be changed to "Alfhed has killed Rialene". That way it doesn't matter whether you helped or not.

5. If I kill Alfhed, Rialene hangs around forever?

6. Also if I kill Alfhed, I can collect the axe from the other woman anyway? Need to check if this "re-opens" the journal entry.

7. After you've calmed Alfhed and got your reward, I think Rialene doesn't have a response for the Thunderstrike topic, but it might still be in her topics list (need to check).

8. She disappears when you leave the cell only if Journal = 25 or 30. If you teleport away and teleport back once you've found the axe, she will never leave.

9. If she died, he only asks for help if you made the killing blow. Perhaps this could be improved by setting a local variable to 1 if OnPCHitMe is ever set to 1. Then if she died and the player hit her at any point, have him offer you the quest.

Sorry it's CS-only. I'll try to find time to test it in-game at some point.

About the Thunderstrike topic, good spot, it might be an issue (since it is deleted in the newest version). Could you perhaps use an entirely different topic name such as 'Alfhed'?

I'd wait for a little more discussion before implementing the others. No harm in a little preliminary planning though.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

MMMowSkwoz wrote:The forcegreeting code seems sound enough, are they just not saying anything at all?
There seems to be times that both Alfhed's and Rianele's forcedgreeting appears in the same window.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:3. You have added entries at the top of Greeting 5. The top 5 entries need to remain there.
The first 5 entries always stay on top? I've never heard of this, so I'm not sure.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:8. She disappears when you leave the cell only if Journal = 25 or 30. If you teleport away and teleport back once you've found the axe, she will never leave.
As far as I know I made it so that the journal has to be 25 or 30 to even get the axe from Brenne... but I may be wrong, I'll take another look at this.
If I misunderstood what you're saying then, what do you mean by this?
MMMowSkwoz wrote:9. If she died, he only asks for help if you made the killing blow. Perhaps this could be improved by setting a local variable to 1 if OnPCHitMe is ever set to 1. Then if she died and the player hit her at any point, have him offer you the quest.
This in the quest design. If Alfhed kills Rianele they're supposed to disappear on the player leaving the cell.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:About the Thunderstrike topic, good spot, it might be an issue (since it is deleted in the newest version). Could you perhaps use an entirely different topic name such as 'Alfhed'?
That should be easy enough. I'll get to that as well.

Thanks for looking it over Mowskwoz. I'll try to fix most of these things when I get the chance. :)
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Stryker wrote:The first 5 entries always stay on top? I've never heard of this, so I'm not sure.
The entries for the rancid cuirass need to stay at the top of Greeting 5 for that quest to work, so your entries always need to be below them.
Stryker wrote:As far as I know I made it so that the journal has to be 25 or 30 to even get the axe from Brenne... but I may be wrong, I'll take another look at this.
The response is only filtered for Journal < 40, unless I'm missing something.
Stryker wrote:If Alfhed kills Rianele they're supposed to disappear on the player leaving the cell.
I took this to mean that if the player took no part in the quest, then they disappear. If the player does decide to help the Nord but doesn't actually land the killing blow, they might be a bit disappointed if no quest comes of it.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

MMMowSkwoz wrote:I took this to mean that if the player took no part in the quest, then they disappear. If the player does decide to help the Nord but doesn't actually land the killing blow, they might be a bit disappointed if no quest comes of it.
Yes, now I do understand what you mean. I'll improve this according to your previous posts suggestion. :)

Another thing I wanted to mention was that, it'll take a very long time for Alfhed to be able to kill Rianele with his fists. I threw the axe on him so I could more easily test out the functionality of the quest and so on. So I'm wondering, should I give him like a smaller axe (maybe a dagger) so that he will be able to kill her? It doesn't really make sense that he'd have any weapon if his belongings were stolen. Or should I increase his hand-to-hand more and decrease her health/fatigue?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Your call on the weapons. I guess it's more realistic for him to be using his fists.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

On the topics, using 'Thunderstrike' should be fine, to my knowledge.

For example, for the Helnim NPC claim, I included dialogue for the topic 'Parliament of Bugs' for the NPC Vyhlathri Ashara. This dialogue merges perfectly logically, and without needing fixing, into Map 1, where that topic already existed. I doubt, either, that it would have been a problem had 'Parliament of Bugs' for some reason been deleted from Map 1 .esm.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:On the topics, using 'Thunderstrike' should be fine, to my knowledge.
Ace, that's good to know.

Ok, I tried it very briefly in game. Several odd bugs:

1. She doesn't run towards me. Try swapping her AiFollow, player for a AiActivate, player.

2. The first two greetings occur simultaneously. Just thinking about what Immportal Pigs was saying [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20491]here[/url], it looks like the game runs a single frame after it gives a greeting (hence his Random100 change and the Alfhed response here). So maybe delaying all the force greetings by a frame would do it? e.g.

if ( alfgreeting == 1 )
	Set alfgreeting to 2
elseif ( alfgreeting == 2 )
	ForceGreeting
endif
3. They both did very strange things after I killed the other one. Rialene started running in front of me and Alfhed kept spinning in circles. I guess just make sure AI reverts to normal wander values at certain points.
Last edited by MMMowSkwoz on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Meh, I redownloaded my WIP file and moved the dialogue entry in greeting 5 down below those 5 other entries... Now i get load errors upon loading MW:

Failed to load spell: immune frost
Failed to load spell: resist shock_50
Failed to load spell: magicka mult bonus_5
Failed to load spell: resist magicka_50

That was the point of me redownloading the WIP, this is all I edited before testing this again... Should I worry about this, and/or is there any way around this?
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

That's very odd. Is there anything about those spells listed as changed in TESAME?

How did you move the dialogue entry?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I looked in TESAME and even cleaned out the file to make sure. And I still get the same error.

First I tried moving it by using the left/right buttons and that didn't work.
Then I cleaned that dialogue entry out with TESAME and added it right under them, and that didn't work either... AFAIK there isn't much else that can be done to move it.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I made the change and got no error. Used this process:
- delete entry in CS
- clean Greeting 5 topic and entries in TESAME
- add entry again

I can attach this cleaned file if you are still getting that error.

Also, I just noticed you've used Qcontrol as a local variable name rather than controlQ. This is my fault - I just checked the guide and I made that exact mistake. I guess it doesn't need to be changed unless you feel like being a bit OCD.

Viking: could I get the power to edit my post in Unclaimed so I can change this? Also, perhaps it would be easier if your post just referred to my file so updates could be done directly without you having to edit your post every time too?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

MMMowSkwoz wrote:I can attach this cleaned file if you are still getting that error.
I swear, I must be doing something wrong since it still won't work for me. So... That'd be awesome if you could attach that.
MMMowSkwoz wrote:Also, I just noticed you've used Qcontrol as a local variable name rather than controlQ. This is my fault - I just checked the guide and I made that exact mistake. I guess it doesn't need to be changed unless you feel like being a bit OCD.
Unless its actually needed, I'm not going to bother changing it. :P
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Stryker wrote:Unless its actually needed, I'm not going to bother changing it. :P
Fairy Nuff

Here you go:
Attachments
Stryker change.esp
(15.4 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Meh, apparently that wasn't the problem. After trying to fix the file up a bit I got the same errors again... Any suggestions as to what is causing it would be appreciated. I can upload the current file, with the error, for someone to look at. If that'll help at least.

I'll take more of a look into it tomorrow, when I get on a computer that is more appropriate for testing (that doesn't take 5 minutes to load morrowind each time).
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

That's very odd. Do you get any errors on loading the file I uploaded? Or is it just whenever you modify something?
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

It was only after I started modifying things. It worked just fine loading up your file.
I'm positive I didn't touch anything to do with a spell.
Mostly I just changed the forcegreetings code, I did change Alfhed's script name and did some other things with Rianele, trying to get her working right.

I swear, my own quest must hate me. :(
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Just saying that progress is starting up on this again. I'm still randomly getting that same error, but I'll just continue with implementing it until I figure out what is wrong.

immortal_pigs: If you see this post, can you post more of a back story to your quest? So I'll have something more to work with on that one. Because, I don't have much to work with ATM.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

WIP Uploaded and I'm proud to say no 'Failed to load spell' error. :)
It should work just fine now. The only thing I couldn't fix was the ForceGreetings. I tried doing it the way you suggested, MowSkwoz, but that didn't work so well for me. Perhaps I wrote it in wrong or something, I'm not sure.

I didn't have any problems with AI when I tested it. But if something does go wrong with the AI I can easily put some of the commands in to fix that.
Rianele should follow you, no matter what. Its just a matter of adjusting the distances now (Which I did not change yet). Right now you may have to get so close to her you'll never notice she's following you.

Now its to planning the other quests, I guess...
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yep. I'd say the 'Orc quest' can be safely scrapped. Theron's quest is good to go, I think, unless anyone said otherwise here.

For a replacement for the Orcs, feel free to think of something yourself. Or, you could use one of the other wilderness miscs. loitering about the place.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I may try to do something similar to the Orc quest... Which I'd love to work with but I just don't have enough story on it.
Unless viking has an objection with me doing something different, I'll try to work up something new sometime.

Nobody really had any objections to Therons quest, I don't think. Just MowSkwoz didn't like one part of the quest, which I didn't like either (Waiting two hours in the cave). But, I think it'll be easy enough to work around that.
-ahem- But then again, I need to wait for the interior to do this one... So that leaves me with designing a new quest. :P
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Spent a little time adding onto IPs quest idea:

Three orcs live outside of the ancient Dwemer ruin of Bthangthamuzand. Having to walk through this ruin first you will not be able to speak to any of the bandits, ('goodbye' entries). If you kill the bandits first you recieve no reward and talking to the orcs will do nothing, they will just have basic dialogue.
Okay, so upon talking to the leader of the group (Bugdul gro-Gulfis) you will learn the backstory of the quest:

Years ago Bugdul lived with his and another large family of Orcs in the ruin. The youngest Orc, Lugdulg gro-Gulfis, left the home for reasons unknown to both of the families. It seemed like he would never be back, but then the ruin was attacked by bandits, and Lugdulg was with them.
The bandits were led by an Imperial, who stole their armor and weapons (To explain and hint that the leader is wearing Dwemer armor) before he slaughtered everyone. The three right outside of the ruin were the only ones to survive and make it out alive. Only after they ran outside they realized that they ran into a dead end, and are unable to get away from the ruin. While they are skilled fighters, they are afraid that if they try to retake the ruin they will be terribly out numbered and be slaughtered as well.
At this point Bugdul will ask if you will try to assist them in taking back the ruin (A).
Or you can say you won't help and just not do anything with the quest, OR talk to the Imperial leader in the ruin (Jeras Ticedo) (B).

A: Bugdul and the other two orcs will then follow you into the ruin. If you enter the ruin with them following you then all the bandits will become hostile towards you immediately.
Once the bandits are killed talking to Bugdul will earn you a reward in gold (Something else perhaps?).

B: If you decide to talk to the Bandits the leader will now speak to you. He will tell you about the Orcs unhappiness with the family (Yes, I'm being very vague. I don't really feel like coming up with that much detail right now :P ) and how he wanted to seek revenge for it.
The leader will then suggest you talk to Lugdulg and go kill the orcs with him, but he'll only hint that part.
Talking to Lugdulg will give you a similar explanation and he will ask you if you will help him 'finish the job'. From here you can accept it (read on) or reject it and possibly help the orcs (Go back to A).
Accepting it will have Lugdulg follow you outside to fight the Orcs. Once Lugdulg is in a certain proximity of the Orcs he will start combat with the leader, prompting all the others to fight as well.
Killing them will earn you a reward in gold (Or something else again) from Lugdulg and The End.

If Lugdulg dies then the orcs will fight you, killing the orcs earns you no reward other than their belongings.

Obviously, feel free to pick it apart, criticize it, change it, whatever. I just want a quest design I can work with...
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

I'd let the player start the quest by talking to the bandit leader too.

Perhaps the Orcs were kicked out of the ruin because the bandit leader wanted to find a hidden area in the ruin (the factory below). Lugdulg had told him about it, but when they returned, he couldn't remember where it was. The bandits are spread out all over the ruin looking for the entrance, so the bandit leader asks you to help him get rid of the remaining Orcs. You can:

1. Refuse: he attacks
2. Tell him where the factory entrance is, if you've found it (a little script on the factory entrance will do that): he attacks, telling you he won't share the loot
3. Accept: him and the Wood Elf will follow you to attack the Orcs.

Just a suggestion. I think the rest of your plan is fine.
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Yes, that is a good idea.
But, the reason I am wary of implementing the possibility of starting the quest by talking to him, the imperial, is because I don't know if anyone will ever talk to the orcs first. Most people would likely walk through the ruin, talk to the imperial and then once the imperial has been spoken to, the orc's side would be impossible as all the bandits will be dead by then or they'll be killed.

I may implement it anyways to see how it works, but that is my only worry about doing that.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Maybe if he sends you to take out the Orcs on your own? Then they could be non-hostile and you can hear their half of the story.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I still don't like the idea of 'Orc bandit families living in Dwemer ruin'. But if you both do, then I see no reason to make a fuss, I suppose.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

When I read this thread I feel like I'm reading a Lord of The Rings novel.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

An update on how this is going...
The basic background of this story was changed from a family/families to just two rival bandit groups searching for the factory beneath the ruin. Hopefully this background satisfies everyone well enough.

And onto the actual implementation.
I have all the dialogue written up for this, so the rest should go fairly fast.
The "Orc side" at least exists right now, but it isn't finished just yet.

I expect to have this quest finished(ish) within a week(ish), assuming I don't get distracted and what not. :P And then its off to waiting for the int to get final review.

Also, quick question, since these NPCs were placed down by IP in his NPC claim... Should I rename them to like TR_m2_q_12_xxxx? Or just keep them as is (TR_m2_x_xxxx)?

EDIT: Oh, and would it be okay if I added extra pathgrids? The pathgrids aren't all over the ruin, and sometimes the NPCs are... dare I say, really stupid. I'm not sure if pathgrids will fix the problem, but it would be worth a shot.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

NPC names should stay the same.

You can add anything you want to the ruin (including pathgrids), within reason. :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

WIP Uploaded.
Its mostly for backup purposes because I'm worried about my computer suddenly dying (Its already been alive for 10 years, it can't survive that much longer, can it?).
If someone is able to test this then that'd be awesome. This one has Which Witch full playable (to my knowledge anyways) with only one error that I remember.

The Orc quest, officially named 'Ruin of Strife' (Thanks PoHa! :P ) should be playable on both sides, but I won't say its error free as of yet.
The Imperial's bandits side of the quest should work fine. This computer doesn't allow me to effectively do stuff in a dwemer ruin so I couldn't really test the Orcs side as well.
There's still going to be some additional dialogue added, as well as adding filters to some of the minor dialogue (mostly the bandits, who don't really matter).

With 'Which Witch' the only error I remember at the moment was the same forcegreeting error, which I could never fix. I tried what MowSkwoz suggested, and that didn't work... So if someone could take a look at it and see if they can find the problem, that'd be awesome.
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

Update time. I spent most of yesterday afternoon fixing up the quests and adding to them slightly.
I added in contingencies that I had earlier not even thought of (like, what if the player has Thunderstrike before finding Alfhed and Rianele, etc).
So I think I have those quests about done, and am now awaiting the finish of the cave for the final quest of this claim.
Until then, though, I'll probably give them some final rounds of testing and no doubt some more fixing.
No WIP this time, however. As I got too lazy to upload it. :P
Haū! Omochikaerī!

Stryker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stryker »

I was preparing the plan for Theron's quest today. I noticed that...
Theron Udraer wrote:They ask you to stand guard over the food until 2 hours later, when your shift changes. 3 nix-hounds, 2 regular and 1 Nix-Hound Alpha (a slightly pumped up version) will appear about an hour in. If you let it attack the travelers, the quest will end with no reward, except the beginning's, and they will be angry at you, losing persuasion. Kill the nix-hounds, and finish your shift, and once your time is up, your journal will be updated. Talk to and wake up the specified traveler who you were told to wake up for his shift, and he will wake up. Nothing happens if you try to talk to the wrong traveler. He will wake up, and the screen goes black. You wake up in the morning, and they forcegreet you, and give you a modest reward, gold and a weapon.
A.) I have problems with the 2 hours waiting thing.
B.) I also have issues with having a 'Nix-hound Alpha'
But thats all a matter of opinion and I'd likely change that anyways (I'm just in a ranting mood right now)
But then: C.) The thing that really derails this. People don't sleep in MW... How do I do that part?
If it is possible to 'mimic' someone sleeping I don't think its a good idea for the quest. Because then it'll just seem odd that just those people sleep and the whole rest of Morrowind never does.[/mild rant]

EDIT: WIP uploaded yesterday, by the way. ;)
Haū! Omochikaerī!