Writing Request/Review Thread for Claims

Place where in-game literature is written and developed.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Just submit the file, I'm sure it's not *that* essential. You could put a placeholder object describing what the manuscript should say in square brackets.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Could someone review this text for me? It belongs to i4-359-Red, a natural cave. It also gives material for one or two new quests.

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
Three weeks ago I received an errand from a well-mannered but desperate man called Golam Relvani, who resides in Almalexia. The errand was simple; locate his father, the Hermit Bradas Relvani and tell him that his oldest son Balamus has been killed while their ship ran into a cliff and sunk to the bottom of the sea.<BR>
<BR>
The only information he gave me was that the hermit lives in this very dark, damp, and impossible cave, where I have searched for three days now. The heavy air in here kills me, I am running out of food, I only have one torch left, and to make matters worse I have bruised my ankles and legs badly while falling down a steep incline. Also, I have no water breathing, levitation, or night eye potions left, so I was forced to stop my search.<BR>
<BR>
In this condition, I do not think I will ever leave this tricky cave, unless some adventurer finds me in time, if an adventurer ever makes it this far into the cave. I never would have thought that I would die trying to locate a hermit instead of dying in the arms of my beloved Ilfhild.<BR>
<BR>
To he that finds me; Could you at least return my ring to my beloved wife, and tell her I died a true warrior? She lives in Almalexia, and works as a cook in the palace of the Alma Rula.<BR>
<BR>
Farewell,<BR>
Lasska<BR>
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Looks good to me; I made a few minor grammatical fixes.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Looks good to me; I made a few minor grammatical fixes.
How can I include those in my .esp?

Sorry, I just found out that you edited my post and included the right text already, thank you!
I know I'm going to sound like a hypocrite for saying this, but this needs *less* rocks - Cathartis
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

Two tiny things for my [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=288956#288956]claim[/url]. They don't have much content to review, but I figured I'd post them anyway.

Triune Grace
This is a scroll that serves as a token for all the dead that donated bones to the Ghostfence (this includes many heroes and saints) in Necrom. Since these scrolls are considered to be a "thank you" straight from the Triunes themselves, they are tremendous prestige items. It portrays these people as the foundation of the House, one of the favorite Tribunal metaphor.
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="6" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR><BR>
Foundation of the Thrice-Blessed House<BR>
<BR>
Your Lords greet you
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT>
<FONT COLOR="cc0000" SIZE="26" FACE="Daedric">AVS</FONT><BR>

Equity and Transgression
This is the original manuscript of Equity and Transgression, a treatise on Tribunal law by the late St. Delyn. It is a priceless artifact to the Indoril.
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
Equity and Transgression<BR>
<BR>
The Progress of Justice under our Triune Lords<BR>
Mercy, Mastery, Mystery<BR>
<BR>
by their servant<BR>
Serjo Indoril Enath Delyn<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<DIV ALIGN="LEFT">
[Past the first few pages, this ancient manuscript is brittle and often damaged beyond legibility.]
<BR>
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Nice artifacts, Adan. As expected, there's no problem in a document so small. :p
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

These texts have been written with the Archive of the Necrom Temple Administration building in mind (claim i2-437-Tri). The claim is mainly complete and I just want to check these texts for errors. As for the information and lore they may contain, the texts have mainly been approved by Adanorcil, the Head of Lore, but if there is something questionable please feel free to comment.

So here they go, in order of importance:

Old Temple Pamphlet, containing mostly propaganda, very important since it had a great impact on the evolution of Dunmer burial procedures, which was necessary in order to sustain the Ghostfence. Very rare (essentially unique) and therefore very valuable.

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR><BR>[This pamphlet, which seems to be thousands of years old, contains a speech from Lord Vivec to the Dunmer.]<BR>
<BR>
As you have fought the Sharmat in life, so shall you fight him in the life to come. Fear not death, my child, for the ghost gilds with glory. Join your kin in the city of the mournful, where the fane of the ancestors casts its shadow. Find there your brothers and sisters under the Triune banner and join your mortal flesh and bone to the mighty wall, to safeguard the House of Veloth forevermore from the evils of Hell. Spear may shatter and shield may crack, but the spirit cannot be crushed and the soul cannot be tainted. You will stand as one, a barrier of ghosts, a pillar of faith, and you will defy the Sharmat in death as you have defied him in flesh.<BR>
Come to my holy city of the dead. Join the blessed undying spirits of our ancestors, and we shall crush the enemy, by spirit, by sword and by faith in the holy name of ALMSIVI.<BR>

Bonewalker Forge Contract, a unique text sanctioning the methods of the Bonewalker Smithy in Necrom as sacred rituals. A clear statement that the sacred guardians of the catacombs are not products of necromancy.

<BR>[This is one of the copies of the contract which acknowledged the work of the Bonewalker Smithy in Necrom as a holy instrument of the Tribunal Temple.]<BR>
<BR>By the Mercy, Mastery and Mystery of the most holy Triune, <BR>
<BR>The Tribunal Temple agrees that the Bonewalker Smithy in Necrom operates in accordance with the ancient beliefs of the people of Morrowind and is hereby sanctioned by the thrice-blessed ALMSIVI to conduct its duty in their name and to the glory of all faithful mer. The methods of the forge are arcane and mysterious, holy procedures originating from ancient times and are necessary to protect the sacred burial grounds and catacombs of the Holy City of the Dead, Necrom. The Smithy is hereby free to create and maintain a certain number of the undead guardians known as bonewalkers, the number of which shall be determined by the high administration of the Tribunal Temple.<BR>
<BR>We tell you this as the eternal truth that is ALMSIVI.<BR>

The Gift of Consolation, a thought-poem of uncertain origin but attributed to Vivec, which is one of the earliest mentions of the intention to build a great Ghostfence which would surround Red Mountain.

<BR>[This ancient scroll, although old and brittle, contains a poem of unknown origin. However, those who dare know say that it is one of Vivec's thought-poems, which describes his intention to build the Great Ghostfence.]<BR>
<BR>
I will make of your word a symbol without reason to all but the dead.<BR>
I will make of your sword a quill, a kiss and a thought.<BR>
I will make of your love a defense against the horizon.<BR>
I give this to you as to one who is no more.<BR>

Various scrolls (lists, maps and scriptures)

Old map of the catacombs

<BR>[This appears to be a construction map of an area in the catacombs under Necrom. The page is rife with corrections and alterations.]<BR>

Ancient burial procedures

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR><BR>[This scroll is nearly illegible. However, the few lines which can still be read contain information on various ancient burial procedures.]<BR>

List of donations

<BR>[This scroll lists donations for the maintenance of the catacombs over the past few years.]<BR>

List of Ordinators in Mourning

<BR>[This is a list of all the faithful mer who have served as Ordinators in Mourning at the Temple in Necrom during the last few decades.]<BR>

List of excavation workers

<BR>[This scroll lists the names of workers employed by the Temple to extend the Necrom catacombs at some point.]<BR>

Accountant's worksheet

<DIV ALIGN="LEFT"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR><BR>
[This sheet of paper is filled with various calculations, diagrams and equations. It seems to be the work of an accountant and is related to the finances of the Tribunal Temple in Necrom.]<BR>

Various books (accountancy, finances, maintenance of Temple property)

Temple Administration Chronicle

[This book is an old chronicle describing everyday events, tasks and business of the Temple in Necrom.]<BR>

Necrom Temple Maintenance

[This ledger contains records on the maintenance of the Temple in Necrom and all of the objects attached to it, including the Temple Administration Building.]<BR>

Necrom Temple Annual Expenses

[This book is a copy of an account on the annual expenses of the Temple in Necrom. The data it contains span only a few years.]<BR>

Necrom Temple Financial Summary – this book is essentially the summary of all the other books detailing the annual income and expenses of the Temple and is therefore unique, however not very valuable.

[This book is the complete account on the annual income and expenses of the Temple in Necrom. The first entries are several centuries old.]<BR>

Necrom Temple Ledger

[This book contains meticulous annual records of rents and wages the Temple has paid to its servants in Necrom.]<BR>

A Financial Report – there are dozens of these daily financial reports lying around in the treasury and in the offices of the Temple Administration Building. The old ones are stored in the Archive. These are really scrolls, I just forgot to list them as such.

<DIV ALIGN="CENTER"><FONT COLOR="000000" SIZE="3" FACE="Magic Cards"><BR>
<BR>
[This document presents a daily report on the financial income and expenses of the Temple in Necrom.]<BR>

Monthly Financial Report – books containing monthly financial reports, just less numerous.

[This document appears to be a monthly financial report of the Temple in Necrom.]<BR>

Necrom Temple Annual Income - if there are expenses, there's also bound to be some income.

[This is one volume of the journal that contains precise entries on the daily income of the administration of the Temple in Necrom for the last five years.]<BR>
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

All's well in there, Jule. The only thing I noticed was a mention of Hell. That's one of those things for which most cultures have their own word. I seem to remember seeing it elsewhere in ES writings, so you should be good on that too.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Yeah I checked it with Adanorcil a while ago and he said it's kosher. Thanks Nanu
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

"Bonewalker Smithy" sounds a bit odd to me :|

Otherwise it's all great 8)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Jule could always use "forge" instead of "smithy." Either conveys the same jist, but smithy makes it sound like Bonewalkers were meant to be weapons or tools of some kind. Since a tool is, it its broadest sense, anything that serves a purpose to its maker, smithy should work fine. :)
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

I have a request for my quest I'm working on:

Title of Book: Nisirel's Diary
Author of Book: Nisirel
Type of Book: Diary
Content of Book Needed: declarations of love
The Book's Xui Decimal: I've already made the object
Link to Quest, Exterior, or Interior Claim: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=294948]q2-8-mis[/url]

Basically the story goes that Nisirel (a Breton) keeps visiting the local alchemist Drithnil Virith because she is in love with him, but can't find a way to express herself. She herself owns a potion shop, which leads Drithnil to believe that she is planning to steal his formulas because she keeps coming round to his shop. She doesn't know this yet. As part of the quest the player finds the diary which reveals why she keeps visiting Drithnil's shop, and then has a choice as to whether to tell Drithnil the truth or not. This diary should probably start with mundane things and then detail her love for Drithnil so as to reveal it to the player.
Warning: may contain large amounts of sarcasm.

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

I'll see what I can do. :)

EDIT: Here's a pretty rough outline. You know your own NPC's pretty well, I assume.

Code: Select all

[Diary entry about keeping a diary]<BR>
[diary entry about cleaning the store]<BR> 
[entry mentioning love in passing]<BR> 
[entry really mentioning love in earnest]<BR> 
[infatuation described]<BR> 
[last entry describing how she's going to confront him]<BR> <BR> 
The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Looks perfect Nanu. I always check the NPCs and what dialogue they have been given before questing. Thanks in advance if you can write something like that. In the meantime I have a few texts I've written for the same claim which will need to be checked.

This one if from the same quest; it is the alchemical formulae which are given to you which have been stolen from Drithnil's shop. Ervul wants you to frame Nisirel by putting these in her chest of drawers.

Alchemical Formulas:

After some investigation and experimentation I have found a number of ingredients around Helnim that can produce the effect of the common restore health potion. Both marshmerrow and wickwheat have health-restoring properties, and can be mixed together to successfully distill and magnify these properties into a marketable potion. The potion is very popular with adventurers who often pass through Helnim on their way to Kemel-Ze, but a more powerful alternative may have to be found to truly lead this competitive market.<BR>
<BR>
A rarer potion I have learned how to make is a levitate potion, which can cause the imbiber to rise up off the ground as if they could fly. I discovered the effect when I received a shipment of ingredients from the Bitter Coast region of Vvardenfell. This region is on the south west side of the island, and can thus be difficult and expensive to import, but the rare and potent effects present in the various ingredients found there make it well worth it.<BR>
<BR>
One particular ingredient, named the coda flower, has the existing levitation property, but in order for it to be usable as a potion it must first be mixed with the plumes found on Cliff Racers. While these creatures are not exactly rare, the process of hunting them down can be difficult and dangerous. A more reliable source of these plumes are the adventurers who often return to shops to sell the Cliff Racer plumes in large volumes. The trader Lariast often receives these, which I have occasionally bought from him, although I dislike his snobbish Imperial tone. If another, and perhaps cheaper, source could be found, I would be very grateful. As it is I am relegated to produce these levitation potions only on rare occasions, which is a shame as they often make one stand apart from the competition, and sell well among adventurers and wizards alike.<BR>
<BR>
Here are three messages given to you by Dremil Seniran, a blade agent in Helnim.

Message for Areanne Vara:

The gold turned out to weigh more than expected. It will come in two shipments instead of one. Please be prepared.<BR>
<BR>
Message for Mirar Galsic:

Can you confirm rumors that the Telvanni are expecting a new shipment of weapons and armor? Some Thieves Guild members are suggesting that the equipment will be smuggled in with the next shipment of hound meat. It is imperative that you investigate.<BR>
<BR>
Message for Ramin Maderan:

Your information was invaluable to us. However, we need a more specific quantity. If this can be supplied we will be very grateful. Please continue investigating.<BR>
<BR>

Myzel- We never actually see slaves working on Vvardenfell either. They're always just standing there. If you ask me they deserve a good whipping.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Ive edited the writings in the above post. Also, Greatness, remember that all TR texts must use US English, which means that you should say formulas instead of formulae, and while instead of whilst.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Really? I didn't know that, sorry. Thanks for that, I'll go stick those back in the quest.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yep. Part of our "do it as Beth would have done" philosophy, all books/texts/dialogue is in US English.

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

Just a quick notice for a misc quest that'll need checking:

Vacancy Notice<BR>
<BR>
Dear good people of Almalexia and surrounding area:<BR>
<BR>
There are a number of job vacancies in Taythionis Castle, a major landmark in Almalexia, in a number of various roles. Applicants should apply to Velath Tirrin, steward of Taythionis as soon as possible, who can be found near the entrance to Taythionis. Jobs will be awarded to suitable applicants after a number of interviews, but only applicants who apply quickly enough will be considered. Roles include:<BR>
Cooks in the new Taythionis kitchen<BR>
Steward to family Taythionis to will deal with visiting appointments<BR>
Managers to organise the family slaves<BR>
Workers to calculate matters of family finance<BR>
<BR>

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

The Greatness wrote:Just a quick notice for a misc quest that'll need checking:

<snip>
I'd try this just to make the whole thing a bit more 'eminent' and a little more 'in-world' (though would appreciate knowledge of the context of this note):

Vacancy Notice<BR>
<BR>
Addressed to the citizens of Mournhold District:<BR>
<BR>
The lords of Taythionis Castle of Mournhold-Almalexia require the service of loyal persons to fulfill various roles in their household. Those in search of employment should apply to Velath Tirrin, steward of Taythionis. Jobs will be awarded to suitable applicants following a series of interviews, but only applicants who apply quickly enough will be considered. Roles include:<BR>
Steward to liaise with visiting appointments<BR>
Overseers to corral the family slaves<BR>
Accountants to calculate matters of family finance<BR>
<BR>
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Things wrong with BC's version:

Don't say liaise.
Don't use "accountant"
Fulfill has three Ls (I fixed it in his post)
Basically talking about "applying" for jobs is out of character for Tamriel. Instead think about "seeking protection from a lord by offering your services" etc. like in a a feudal society.

The Greatness
Developer

Post by The Greatness »

How's this:

Vacancy Notice<BR>
<BR>
Addressed to the citizens of Mournhold District:<BR>
<BR>
The lords of Taythionis Castle of Mournhold-Almalexia require the service of loyal persons to fulfill various roles in their household. Each will benefit from protection and shelter in the magnificent Castle Taythionis and earn favor with the lords of House Indoril. Those in search of employment should apply to Velath Tirrin, steward of Taythionis. Applicants must be loyal to Great House Indoril, skilled and hard working, but only those who apply quickly enough will be accepted. Roles include:<BR>
Steward to organize visiting appointments<BR>
Overseers to corral the family slaves<BR>
Accountants to calculate matters of family finance<BR>
<BR>
Hopefully that's a bit more feudal. If you want context this is for a quest where the player finds a farm where all the farmers are searching for one who's gone missing. The player discovers this note in his living area and discovers he has gone to look for work in Almalexia. he is sick with his slave driving boss, even though the boos thinks he treats his farmers very well. However, he just missed the chance to get a job and can be found in the local tavern, where the player can either encourage him to return to the farm or to continue looking for work.

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Changed a few words in your latest version; remember to use American English, not UK English. It's fine now.

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

"Clerk" would be better than "Accountant"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

gro-Dhal wrote:"Clerk" would be better than "Accountant"
QFT

I forgot about that

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Here are the documents for the Indoril Council Hall. Feel free to change them to make them better :))

Outdated White Book

[The White Book is a yearbook of the affairs of the Indoril Council of Indoril District on the Mainland of Morrowind. This is an out of date version which chronicles significant events and council actions for a bygone year. It also lists who the members of the Indoril Council were at the time and where their residences were.]

Indoril Archive Registry

[This scroll lists information on the content of the Indoril Council House archives. It displays a summary of the archive’s content and details where one might find certain scrolls and manuscripts.]

Indoril Legal Document

[This is an Indoril legal document. A law, ordinance, edict, or regulation composed by the High Council of House Indoril is recorded upon it.]

(Need's a fitting name)

[This scroll documents information concerning the management of House Indoril.]

Indoril financial scroll

[This scroll contains financial information related to House Indoril, including tax records, land surveys, and commerce reports from within Mournhold district.

Indoril Donation Record

[This scroll documents some of House Indoril’s charitable activities. It lists various donations made by House Indoril members. A significant amount these donations are towards the Tribunal Temple.]

Indoril Membership log

[This book contains lists of members of House Indoril and various information pertaining to them. ]

If anyone can think of any sort of unique book the Indoril would keep you're welcome to mention it :wink:
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Could someone take a look at these? 8)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

might be a good idea to PM nanu if you haven't already, though I know he has been around...
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

for what it's worth, I'd rename the Indoril Membership log to Indoril Hirelings Log or replace it with something else altogether. Any mer born in the House should be aware of which families and minor houses make up the Great House. Maybe the council would keep track of outlander employed by the house (even that's a bit far-fetched) but there certainly wouldn't be a need to document current native members.

On the other hand, a joint genealogy record of the house would be plausible (as long as it isn't made explicit and readable) since house Indoril claims kinship to most Saints.
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

All acceptable except for the last one. There would be an enormous amount of members in reality and either way membership of a Great House isn't just some club-like thing with member lists and such. Basically, what Why said.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

The one you need a name for could be called "Indoril Oversight Codex" or something along those lines. Just please don't use the word 'management.'
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Thank's everyone
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Here are my writings: Those are the documents of the clerk. Most books have 2 versions: one of the current year and one of previous year.

Visitors Record
[This a record of all the people who visited Tomaril Tower. Their names, classes, their possible factions and sometimes even their motives of the visit are written in this book.]

Book of Purchases
[This books shows a list of every purchase and it's respective accountings.]

Book of Sales
[This books shows a list of every sale and it's respective accountings.]

Book of Storage
[This book states the inventory of kwama eggs.]

Book of Treasury
[This book lists all the financial transaction and it's respective accountings. At present there should be 598 gold coins available for provisional purchases.]

Book of Wages
[This book lists all the wages from the guards and the clerk and it's respective accountings from previous year.]

Book of Wages
This book lists all the wages from the guards and the clerk and it's respective accountings.

Book of Credit notes
[This book is the list and accounting of all credit notes.]

Book of Diverse Costs
[This book lists every cost and it's respective accounting which is not related to an invoice and wages.]

Book of Diverse Incomes
[This book lists every income and it's respective accounting which is not related to a sale.]

Book of Annual Account"
[This book doesn't have any filled in values.]

Book of Annual Account
[This book has values. The profit of previous year was 3648 gold.]

Book of Credit notes
[This book is the list and accounting and it's respective accounting of all credit notes of previous year.]

Book of Diverse Costs
[This book lists every cost from previous year which is not related to invoices and wages.]

Book of Diverse Incomes
[This book lists every income and it's respective accounting from previous year which is not related to a sale.]

Book of Purchases
[This books shows a list of every purchase and it's respective accountings from previous year.]

Book of Sales
[This books shows a list of every purchase and it's respective accountings from previous year.]

Book of Storage
[This book states the inventory of kwama eggs from previous year.]

Book of Treasury
[This book lists all the financial transactions and it's respective accountings from previous year.]

Supplier record
[This a record of all the suppliers including traveling merchants.

Client record
[This a record of all the clients.]

Blank Contract
[This is a blank contract form.]

Book of Contracts
[This book is a compilation of every employee contract.]

Correspondence book
[This book is a list of the official correspondence of the family Tomaril.]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

What interior claim is this for?

Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

What he said; also who is Tomaril and I doubt we really need that many books all of which basically admit "this book is just fluff".
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Those books are fluff.
I created those books, because it's how (real-life) accountancy works and of course it allows to have a much easier search of invoices.
I envisioned the clerck as someone who is precise or wants to precise and maybe a control-freak.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

You could combine these books with no loss in gameplay. The current year's books would be fine, the rest could be in some imaginary warehouse somewhere. Combining would be something like putting the Book of Purchases and the Book of Sales together into the Book of Transactions. Except you probably wouldn't call it that; it'd be something more along the lines of "Transactions Log."

Accounting is boring. Only about 5-10% of players read the in-game books anyway, so I see no reason to waste their time with a bunch of fluff. Combine a bunch of these and put a max of five accounting books into the cell. If you named the books something really generic, you could fill a shelf with them and get the same effect. Something generic would be "Accounting Ledger" and you'd just put something like "[This book lists all transactions along with an inventory of items sold and purchased.]"
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Here are a couple of texts I would like for my EEC accountant. The first is a book the second a scroll.

EEC Accounting Ledger
[This book lists all transactions along with an inventory of items sold and purchased.]

EEC Transaction Receipt
[This scroll contains a detailed transaction.]
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Are you seeking approval of those texts?

I think you'll be fine copying whatever is used in Morrowind, or the other 100 "ledger" texts we have in TR for anything related to such bookkeeping.

SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Yes, approval was being sought as that is procedure is it not? I don't know what 100 ledger texts you are referring to.

EDIT: There is no such thing in TR_Data so I assume you are meaning other ledgers referenced in this thread, one such which was directly quoted in one of my texts and the other isn't anything controversial. I'll just leave them as is in my int and they can be messed with by someone else I suppose.

EDIT: Resolved
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

My current claim (i3-272) is the home of a poet. I'd quite like some unique poetry books put in the interior to represent his work.

I would like one or two finished poems and one unfinished wip poem.

They can be fictional or historical (basically whatever anyone would like to write) as long as they're serious (not nonsense limericks or anything like that).

Thanks
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix