Map 3 NPC Claim #5 [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Map 3 NPC Claim #5 [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

Post by Haplo »

Map:

[url=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5333/map3detailingclaim5zn4.jpg][img]http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5333/map3detailingclaim5zn4.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Darnim

River map:
[url=http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6483/map3rivers1xv9.jpg][img]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6483/map3rivers1xv9.th.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by Haplo on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

New tombs in: (26, -20), (22, -23), (22, -17)
New grotto in: (20, -17)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Finished review. This will be opened for NPC claiming soon.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Can I leap in and claim this now, or are we waiting for important paperworks and wotnot?

In terms of paperworks, a list of settlements in each claim, as well as the stats on how many claims would give me an idea of how to split the quests between claims. I maintain (as we agreed) that doing misc. quests now will speed up the process of releasing quality quested maps immeasurably, so I'd like to get on this ASAP. And everyone/anyone, get your planning hats on!
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Claim it as an NPC claim? Probably. Also, are you asking me for the paperwork or offering to do it yourself?

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

As an NPC claim.

I'm asking if you had planned to do such things, possibly causing the delay; was postulating that someone ought to do it if you'd not, and now in this post am stating that if necessary I will do it myself.

Though chances are someone like you Thrig or Sload already knows the answer of 'how many detailing claims, what settlements' already, so I'd rather not if someone out there can tell me straight off. :))
Last edited by Bloodthirsty Crustacean on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well I can tell you now that in this claim there are two settlements: Darnim and Meralag. There are also a few intermittent shacks by themselves and at least one Dwemer Ruin.

Granting.

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

ZOMG NPC CLAIM! :D
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Hey, there appears to be a shack missing an int in Darnim. Does anyone know where I might find this int, or does a new one need to be made?

There's also some noticably and strikingly green vertex shading here. Should this still be the case? It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Details of the shack in question included in screenshot.

EDIT: Found the int, question about shading still stands.
Attachments
DarnimShack.jpg
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

D: I remember complaining to Aeven about this overly green shading several times during it being his detailing claim.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I think this claim is missing: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=225989
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

That green has got to go.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Yes, remove the green, and any other green you find I may have missed. Replace it with browns as necessary.

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Is there a certain set of values you'd recommend using, or should I just trial and error it til I find a near fit to other browns?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just trial and error; I'm not one of those dork interior modders who has preset lighting values memorized by heart. Only things to remember are not too dark and not too red.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

and not too green, lol
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I am missing an egg mine in (20, -23)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Is there a certain set of values you'd recommend using, or should I just trial and error it til I find a near fit to other browns?
Here man try either:

R: 173 G: 169 B: 152
or
R: 177 G: 163 B: 141

I tend to use these and just mess around with the brightness until I get the intensity right. see if those help.

Also two other things,
1, You'v probably noticed as well but, Im a few seeming textures around the north side of Darnim.

2. Also I just noticed in this claim a few odd road signs pointing to Seyda Vano. I dont even have a road to there, or if I even will. Um so they may have to go, I'll get back to you on that.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

All missing interiors were not completed whilst I was detailing. So it's not my error in that regard. The green is though. Spraypaint ME green as punishment.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

If I could afford to go to the netherlands (hell i can't even afford green paint) I would take you up on that
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

So, can I get an egg mine with that? :P

Do you want me to provide a screen of the exterior? (Not that that would be overly informative, but...)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Is a claim for the eggmine already made? If not me or someone else will put it up for you.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I am unsure. Certainly no unlinked ints are included with this claim (apart from that Darnim house). Unless you can find it with your int knowledge, I'd imagine a new claim is required, yeah. Cheers.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

please be very certain before creating a new claim. Theviking went cell by cell in map 3 and cataloged wilderness ints. I'd be rather surprised if he missed one. Though we need more ints, I'd rather not have a duplicate claim.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, I've found a bunch of claims claiming to be in 'the latest Map 3 Detailing Claim 5', all in the 630-640 claim index region. (search for "detailing claim 5" to see them) I found these because there's also an OM ruin missing an int, and I remember that Cathartis made that.

None of them seem to want a cave entrance, though. Can anyone else dig anything else up?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

accurate map is your friend, find the exterior in the CS and find the cell on there. click the dotif it is there and you will get the claim ID.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, found it. Noice.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here's a first WIP.

All wilderness ints and Meralag are NPCd.

Meralag has full completely generic dialogue, and Indoril related wilderness ints (a couple of out-of-town manors and related mines/farmers' shacks) have some unique dialogue to make them worth stopping at.

Next step is to sprinkle some unique dialogue around Meralag and begin dreaming up quests for there (help in this department would be much appreciated any lurkers!).

Then repeat the process for Darnim and the remaining wilderness ints.

Then place random creature spawns in the wilderness.

Should hopefully have this done before the end of the holiday, which in practical terms means before December 30th. Can't promise anything though, all depends on squeezing in extra free time.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Next WIP.

Wilderness and Meralag are fully dialogued.

Darnim has generic dialogue. Will be doing the unique stuff some time soon.

Then it's just wilderness spawns and we're on to quests. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah Haplo, if you checked the last file, you'll notice there are some topless people in Meralag. Could you pretty please merge those Indoril shirts into Data? :))
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'll try to do that tomorrow

RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hey BC, There is a cell in this claim called "TR_Kisrashallat, Sanctum", near the molag bal statue there is this little spike pit. Could you add in levitating potion or something in that pit?, I can just see someone getting stuck there, thats all.

also a weapon called: "TR_m3_thunderstrike_UNI" is floating in the cell its found in, "TR_Ardkoz, Test of Disorder". (god the scripting in this cell scares the hell out of me)

Cheers. Rel.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Got the floater already; on PC I don't think we have to worry about people falling down obviously 'spiky pits', but if its easy to fall down I might add something.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Okay, latest WIP. All that remains now is quests, so if anyone wants to check out the dialogue and help me plan a minimum of 2 each for Darnim and Meralag, that'd be great.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

I've briefly checked through the dialogue of Darnim. I don't know though if I'm the right one to help you here.

My thoughts: I would make quests that let the player go out to the wilderness of the Inlet Bog.
-Killing a pack of durzogs
-Finding a lost person or a lost (well-hidden) item
-Diving for pearls

No particular idea for a real plot. I only think a nasty location like the Inlet bog would be the right place for something along these lines.
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Sorry for doubleposting.

A spontaneous idea of mine. I just made this tiny tree-model (60 kb) and

[img]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g23/Worsas/cavetree.jpg[/img]

I'm thinking of a quest involving a tree-cave-network. A long, narrow cave full of roots und insects. I would also be prepared to make the caves for it (as soon as we know what the quest would be about).

Possible?
Or is it just too spontaneous?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

There actually already is a large cave network of that style (ish) as part of this claim, Mansurabi. Although it goes through several types of terrain, part of it is built 'into/under' a tree and has a rooty tunnel of that kinda description. So doing it again would probably be unnecessary. It is a fun idea though...

Those quest ideas are somewhat basic, but as pointers and starting points they are quite helpful. I think 'lost in the Bog' has the most potential for development. Thanks for showing some interest! :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Alright and no problem.

As said, it was a rather spontaneous idea I've had and I haven't expected you to give this idea your approval.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

You could expand on the "lost in the bog" plot-hook with a quest in Darnim involving unscrupulous slave-traders kidnapping free-living Khajiit and Argonians as they wander along the roads? Quest could be given by an imperial official sent to investigate the rumours. Perhaps even have an attack staged for if the player is a member of a beast race themselves. Quest could involve finding the base of operations, freeing the captives, and then getting their possessions back, or some such.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Okay, latest WIP. All that remains now is quests, so if anyone wants to check out the dialogue and help me plan a minimum of 2 each for Darnim and Meralag, that'd be great.
Remember to use American English. I found "honour" in the "my trade" topic.
Also, you should change all the instances of "whilst" to "while".

The line that says "I am Jolfgaer Stone-Eye. My background is of little import." I would change import to importance.

"As a slave in the fields of Tel Muthada was %Name, until discovering the words of Rid-Thar-ri'Dhan. Now all is forwards." Delete the s off of forwards. The first fragment "as a slave in..." is kind of weird, I'd rephrase it. I know it's supposed to be a slave speaking, but it doesn't even make sense.

Any instances of "learnt" need to be changed to "learned".

"My name is Merandil. I wander the place, setting up shop and selling my quality ingredients to prospective buyers. I've been a lot of places in my time." Probably need to add "all over" after "I wander", as well as the word "to" after the word "been".

"My name is Dravayn Eluvel. I'm something of a permenant fixture here at Meralag market." Change "permenant" to "permanent" and add a "the" before "Meralag".

A couple times, you say "my background" or "my name" is "Not of great interest" or "not of great relevance to you". Take out the word "great" in these lines.

"I am Drolam Minirath, Kinsman of the Great House Indoril. I served as a member of the Indoril guard in Sailen for many years, and through duty and honor worked my way up in the ranks of Great House Indoril. Now I stand before you, lord of this manor here in Meralag." Take out the first "the", and change the second instance of "Great House Indoril" to just "House Indoril" or something like "my house", to avoid redundancy.

These are just a few things. And remember, please don't do this claim to LGNPC quality like you did Helnim. Please. That's an order.

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Haplo wrote:"My name is Dravayn Eluvel. I'm something of a permenant fixture here at Meralag market." Change "permenant" to "permanent" and add a "the" before "Meralag".
What's wrong with just "Merelag market"?