q2-20-Imp

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Granting, don't screw it up, happy modding! :) :P
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

What do you all think I should do regarding the Daedric cult for the second quest? There's a ruin called Ald Mirathi, on the bank just north of the main Lake Boethiah area... the directions there would be tricky, but I think that might be simpler than making a new interior, especially if this ruin isn't being used for anything. What do you think?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Sounds fine.

Remember you don't necessarily need to give walking directions from Helnim - you can ShowMap the nearest settlement and give directions from there. (and include a further directions topic on how to get to there as well, if you want to be completely thorough)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Okay, I'll look into that.

I also have a question for paw-prints-in-the-mud, concerning the second "Tainted Goods" quest. Did you intend for this boat to be an entire ship complete with an interior, seeing how many people you want there to be? I'd rather size it down so that I don't have to create as many new objects to enable/disable, but if that was what you had in mind then I'm fine with going for it.

And concerning the possible ship interior, I am an interior modder as well, and although I haven't done any interior work in a LONG time, I think something simple as this would be easy to brush up on. So would I be in the clear to do that myself?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Pawprints hasn't logged on since March, so it might be a good idea to email him directly if you want an answer.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

First WIP up. All five of paw-prints' quests are implemented, and after fine-tuning a few things (including the guar counter), I shall finish up the remaining quests when I have time again.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Alright, well, everything is just about finished. But now I've come across the issue of a cave for the robber baron. I think Otori will be the best option; however, do any of you think someone should expand it a bit? I might be able to rearrange a few things but my impression was that the cave should be much larger, maybe even two levels. Any opinion there?
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

Finished, send to review.

I resolved the cave issue by readapting it to put the robber baron towards the end of the cave. Someone should review that interior and the pathgrid and whatnot, just to be sure.

Aside from that, the robber baron is placed in the old prison, since there was a free cell I figured it wasn't a big deal; if that's a problem, it's easily fixed. Also, as a side note, I added in dialogue for "latest rumors," but for the militia I had to put the entry at the top of the Helnim section... I'm not sure if that's fine or maybe such an entry should be put elsewhere, I guess the reviewer and I can figure that out.

EDIT: One more thing, I forgot to change the sorcerer's robe. Right now it's the one used by the Temple mostly.
Last edited by Beave on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

submitting to review
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

i will get on this as a priority.

Please pester me if this is not reviewed within a week.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ultimately a disappointing claim. Used only the barest minimum dialogue needed for each quest to be functional, very little development of characters.

Mostly functional, I had to make a number of small fixes here and there, and added in a lot of rather basic filler dialogue needed to make things flow (e.g. mid-quest responses to 'Greetings' 'orders' 'questtopic' for Hartise so that the player doesn't have to search for the quest in the dialogue list).

Whilst acceptable in that there were no game-breaking bugs, in future I'd prefer it if you put in a little more effort with your claims, Beave. This was scraping the bottom of the bare-minimum barrel in terms of lack of dialogue and development. As well as having the quest giver comment on the quest outside of "here's the goal" "here's the reward", you could also consider having the participants in the quest (and any other related NPCs) make some comments, so that it doesn't feel like these quests are operating in a vacuum - e.g. the other mine workers for Sandol, have them comment on his attitude, their response to his beating etc. This absence was so painful that I added that in myself.

This file is ready for merge.
Attachments
TR_q2-20-Imp_Beave_2.esp
(98.55 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

This is also ready to be merged. I shouldn't have to say it by now but, double check anyways.
Attachments
TR_q2-20-Imp_Beave_2.rar
(21.32 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Claim has been merged into TR_Mainland and has been released with Sacred East.