Post by Why »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q1-80-Tel (#2132)
Faction: Telvanni
Parent claim: TR_1-9-Tel (#25)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

Claim has been completed, awaiting Telvanni line redesign before review. File has been merged with q1-79, find it there.

Telvanni Questline for Llevari Telsaran. Remember that the quest LT4 in the plan is no longer part of this claim, but of Telvanni Paperwork.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Latest version of quest line. Please comment.
Attachments
Llevari Telseran's Quests.pdf
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Yep, very nice.

Looks like LT3 should require the relevant Vaerin quest to have been done, no... otherwise the boatman makes no sense? Or, if not, how do you intend to make that make more sense? (Because the player will know nothing about anyone being sent into slavery)

I agree with you on the last quest here being the last quest done before promotion to Councillor, and moved into that 'paperwork' claim along with Mithras. The other gears and cogs that aren't quest related will still be done when everything else is merged and stuff, I think, and will remain seperate from that claim, despite its new expanded remit.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Looks like LT3 should require the relevant Vaerin quest to have been done, no... otherwise the boatman makes no sense? Or, if not, how do you intend to make that make more sense? (Because the player will know nothing about anyone being sent into slavery.
I was just going to have Aren Sinn explain it.

Oh, and there are still two Ordinators in it (in the final quest), but that's now a quest right before you become councillor, so I think it should be pretty hard. It can be cut down to one if you think it's too uber.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yes, that quest still bothers me...

It's more the lugging around two full suits of armour that gets me, than fighting Ordinators. It's just entirely unfeasable, and draws too much attention to itself. :P
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Oh, the player doesn't have to carry any armour. As soon as the Ordinators are dead, Llevari's men turn up and take it. You then go and meet them outside Tel Vaerin, when they'll be dressed in the armour.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah, good. That's probably alright then...
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

It looks like the house telvanni quests are coming together. Again a good line, I'm a bit worried about the "I Have to go to Tel Vaerin AGAIN" factor, but otherwise it's fine. You did some really good background study, all the characters add precisely as I designed them. Don't forget to take the Helnim Gambit line in account when making quests for Llevari Telsaran.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Did you have anything specific in mind, Viking?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

Ah, I forgot she's in the Helnim Gambit. Well, Llevari only appears in one quest ('The Heart of the Matter') and doesn't play major role (she just makes a single potion for the player) so could be easily replaced. Also, I've got to say I'm not a big fan of that quest anyway - turning the player into another NPC will be hard to pull off well.

Edit: I just realised you can't do the final quest of this line until after the Helbim Gambit so it shouldn't interfere at all. Yay.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I'm thinking these two are ready for claiming. But! Remember interdependancy! And! That Telvanni quests are second priority till after the DoM, and even after that, Map 2 Miscs/Factions are our main aim.

In the meantime, anyone who still had/has issues to sort out with this quest, come forwards.

*comes forwards*

The player should not fight full-on Ordinators, I think. Give the guys (now just 'elite Temple enforcers') some unique Temple robes. For example the unique Necrom robe we have. If this severely hampers that quest, feel free to challenge me. One Ordinator is the most I'd allow.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

I'll go ahead and claim this one too. And about the clarity, I think I have an idea as to what's going on. I'll treat this like any other quest claim, of course.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Granting, with all the qualifications given in Vaerin's thread remaining for this one.
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

As requestiminated.
Attachments
Llevari Telseran's Quests.pdf
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

This needs a progress update almost two weeks ago.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

You will find that progress in my other claim (q_79). Since I am writing both quests on the same file for convenience purposes, this thread is just a placeholder, no real need to worry about it.
Beave
Developer

Post by Beave »

I guess this claim is also ready for review, but since the quest line is merged with the 79 claim this topic's location is irrelevant for the time being. So administrators feel free to put this wherever, but technically speaking it should be in Reviewing as well.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

In that case, submitting for "review"