Claim Timeframe/Deadline Rule - Effective Immediately

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

Claim Timeframe/Deadline Rule - Effective Immediately

Post by Haplo »

There's change in the wind, Kimosabe. The new rule is that you have 30 days from your last update (Read: an actual update, not a one-liner saying "I'm still working on it;" we want updates. What stage are you at currently? This applies with exterior claims more in mind than interior claims, but applies equally to all claims) to post another. We will post a reminder in your claims a week from the 30-day mark if you get that close. For your first update, we require a WIP file, no matter how little you've done; we also require a WIP file at least once every other update.

This is changed from the old rule where you have a month to "update" (very vague term, there) your claim, and if you hadn't, then we'd get around to posting asking for an update and a week later we'd get a 'working on it' response.

I don't foresee this being an issue anywhere, it's just to crack down on our own lazy butts and to try and increase productivity, because a month is a long time, and no one wants to wait any longer than they have to for our mod, least of all the people making it.

Thanks,
The Management
Last edited by Haplo on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

Seems like a good rule to me. Anyway, does this also count with the modelling claims? Although we only have something like 3 people modelling on a regular basis it could help motivate people I guess.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

yes, it counts for them too. i'll get off my ass and revoke some modeling claims today i suppose.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

I guess its probably bad that I enjoy the revoking.... Maybe I'm just a greedy little modeler. I do in all seriousness think this is an awesome plan. CHEERS to the fortunate few!
...killing a six-pack of beer just to watch it die.

"you are awesome... become female so you can bear my children "
"This has been a known occurrence for years. We will not fix it." - Thriggy
"Anal crits are my specialty..." N
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

you are far from the only person who enjoys revokings
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

Go forth Lady Nerevar and revoke the slovenly and uncouth from this land by the might of your +5 fairy wand of administration.

bamman62
Developer

Post by bamman62 »

Like Jelle said the modeling dept. is seriously lacking modelers at the moment. We need to start beefing out progress again.

I like the new rule though. Maybe we should start forcing people to take claims now, or at least "motivate" them to make a claim :P. (I am one of those lurker people that we seem to let get away so easily, and I'll be gone for a week starting Friday (Most Likely). I intend to do what I can in the mean time)

-_- Anyway, what do you mean the management...
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Well I'd rather we didnt force claims on people... maybe recommend them with enthusiasm?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

Forcing does sound better. Would not being active in a department for a fixed amount of time basically mean the same as not being part of the modellers group any more? I think it will help to speed up progress, just let people know if they haven't been active in their claims for like 3 months and if they fail to update or claim something remove them from the group. Doesn't sound that bad.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

What, so if they're busy IRL for a while then come back later, they have to make a new showcase and reapply? Sounds like a surefire way to piss people off.
Jelle
Reviewer

Post by Jelle »

3 months is kind of a very long period, y'know. Updating a claim takes like an hour... I don't see the problem.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

updating a claim takes all of 5 minutes.

removing people from the user group discourages them from comming back, which is something i do not want. neither do i want to force people to claim things, because that generally leads to less morale and more slacking of. people work better when they are motivated and interested in what they are doing, rather then just doing it because they have to.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

anyone who supports forcing claims on people needs to have their head examined. We can encourage people to do claims, but we will never force them on people. I didn't say anything yesterday because I didn't expect any positive response, but time and again I am proven wrong when I do this.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
NexUmMonastica
Developer

Post by NexUmMonastica »

If someone is leaving TR for a month or more they should already be notifying an admin if they feel they are part of the team. I can see both sides but I don't see any room for discussion. (even though that makes me sound redundant XD )

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I think requiring periodic updates if you're taking on the burden of responsibility for a claim is fine. There's no way to compel people to do stuff, and thinking up penalties will turn away a lot of support and good modders from helping out. I think we're doing fine as we are. Like Lady N said, keeping people interested in what's going on is the best way to get things done.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007