4-48-Red

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

4-48-Red

Post by Haplo »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_4-48-Red (#2284)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: blackbird
Files: TR_4-48-Red_Haplo_1.esp

---

Roth Roryn Region. Please refer to this image:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b94/ThrignarFraxix/4-48Lined.jpg

The entirety of this claim is in the Roth Roryn region. The purple dotted lines represent the roads. The image of these roads above is just a basic idea though, and you need to make them more interesting. However, it's important that they are at the same points when they cross over into other claims.

Claimer must draw a proposal for the roads in their claim over the image linked above before they will be granted it.

Blackbird will have first dibs on updating this claim, since we he was the previous claimer.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I will claim it too. The long cave can be kept by this way. Nothing special, but maybe one big tomb if it can fit.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Post the picture please

edit: lolninja
Last edited by Thrignar Fraxix on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Double posting for uploading road map.
Attachments
TR4-48Lined2.jpg
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Looks nice, granted. Make sure to have fun!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Jesus cocks has it really been a month minus a week already since I put these claims up? Time flies when you're around ham I guess.

Anyway, please post an update in the next week or this will be revoked.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Is it ok if I post an update only in the 4-17-Hla thread?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Sure I guess.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Is this being updated in the 4-17 thread?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Don't forget to post the 4-48 cells here, since I think you cut them out of your 4-17 file.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Since I just submitted 4-17 to reviewing, I will start the 30-day claim timeframe today, as if this claim were granted today.

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have upated the claim with a dirty file. I had no time to clean it.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hey blackbird, this needs an update soon!

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

This claim has been updated (and should be clean).
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I have a problem:
There should be a road connection between 4-48 and 4-49 according to TF's images. I have read the thread of 4-49 again and I found it's confusing to determine whether there shouldn't be road from 4-49 to 4-48 or 4-23.
What should happen. I think there are 4 possibilities.
1. A difficult road made from stone (and maybe wood) should be added on 4-49.
2. There will be no road connection between 4-48 and 4-49 and I'll delete that piece of road.
3. There will be a road from 4-49 to 4-48, but the road crosses 4-23 too. I think it's the least good option.
4. Nothing happens right now, and this will be dicussed and decided at the m4 detailing threads.
Attachments
TR4-48and49.jpg
the border and the road
(115.2 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I don't get why it is so hard to understand those maps. There should be a road there and I don't get how it got missed.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

We had this discussion while I was editing 4-49 and I thought it was agreed upon for the current layout. I certainly was under that impression, and I thought I was following orders, I did not simply neglect to put a road there, I was told not to. In any event I would argue that the road through 4-49 to the east leads into 4-21 and thence north into 4-20, so is service to 4-48 really that necessary? It seems somewhat redundant to me. If its not than send 4-49 back so somebody can add the road to it. I'm sorry I didn't the first time but I was either misunderstanding directions, or just plain stupid.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I was following the map orders. It seems the orders were not coordinated. I wouldn't mind if the road will be deleted, but I believe the core will decide this.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Is there a consensus or a solution? I'd like to ask a few otehr questions about my claim and I'd like to see this matter solved. Or else I'm going to leave everything the same as it now is.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just don't add a road.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I concur with Haplo. Anyway, before any release is made outstanding issues will be sorted out... Just finish the rest and claim a new one :) .
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Hey there,

This claim is looking great Blackbird. :D

I just loaded this up and I'm curious about the cell (-9,-20), is that cell one thats still in progress? because there's floating moss everywhere.

Just thought I'd ask.

Cheers.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I'm almost done with the claim. It's only now the testing fase and if i have a good idea to improve, I'll do it too.

Anyway, I have a question regarding about 2 possible future interiors.
1. this is a big tomb. The previous version of i4-17 had a few of them. It's no common ancestral tomb. Is this allowed or is it too big? Anyway, the interior should be big too.
2. This is the hatch to a basement or cave which is still intact. The basement/cave should have some stored hackle-lo leaves and is meant to create the substances for the hackle-lo pipe. Is this allowed too? BTW is the hackle-lo pipe (almost) as narcotic as the skooma pipe? If yes, the this is going to be a druglab.
Attachments
TR4-48Int.jpg
The 2 entrances
(197.77 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I think hackle-lo is just like tobacco for Tamriel.

Also, we shouldn't reuse the High Fane mesh. If the tomb is going to be big, that's one thing, but it can utilize a Velothi dome or just a regular entrance.

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

This claim is finished.

The roads aren't really corresponding anymore with the roads I've drawn, but ends should be the same. The roads should be more interesting. Some roads have are interupted by some rocks or a different ground texture, too make them more confusing and of lesser quality.

Here are the interiors:
-6,-18: bandit cave, attacks travellers through the canyon sometimes and is at war with the bandits from the cave of -7,-19. One of the inhabitatns of the caves could be realted to a faction (like thieves guild or cammona tong)
-8,-18: eggmine
-9,-19: underground cave where hackle-lo is stored and use for hackle-lo pipes. I can't say if the hackle-lo leafs are used direct for the pipe or they have to be treated.
-8,-19: small or medium deadric interior. Use cave pieces combined with deadric elements (as always).
-7,-19: bandit cave, attacks travellers through the caynon/pass and is at war with the bandits from the cave of -6,-18
-6,-19: large ancestral tomb. This tomb belongs to a quite important family. If possible, make it a bit special. Do not add too much loot; it's not an uber ruin.
-5,-19: velothi tower with a necromaner. The necromancer could be not hostile towards the char.
-5,-20: abandoned mine or cave
-7,-20: cave of some wild animals
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Submitting to Review
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

First of all Blackbird, beautiful claim, there are some lovely areas around this claim.

There is a nice transistion from Mountainous to hilly terrain which seems really nice, good use of smaller statics :)

and I like the way the Daedric ruin sits in this claim, it has a very Ominous-Inauspicious feel about it, I like it!

-------------------------------------------

NOW, As for the reviewing side, I have found a few little things which should be fixed up in the review.

This hack-lo pipe is floating just a little bit:
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-48-4floater.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_4-48-4floater.jpg[/img][/url]

The chokeweed mesh is conflicting with the water mesh in the pot, It'll need to be shifted or replaced.
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-48-3chokeweed.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_4-48-3chokeweed.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=294264#294264]EDIT: (url Link) (I have posted some GL replacement statics in the TR_Data thread for this)[/url]
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-48-2.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_4-48-2.jpg[/img][/url]

Other Pictures have descriptions in images
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-48-5.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_4-48-5.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/4-48-1.jpg][img]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/Relinquished_kaos/th_4-48-1.jpg[/img][/url]

Also some of the GL cliff top statics seems rather bare, which imo is something I've never been keen on. I think a good few GL rocks could added along the tops of a few of those cliff pieces.

Other than that, This looks really great.
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I think it's better that you don't give a review of exterior claims, although I understand you want to help the other modders.
If you really want to become an exterior reviewer then you should ask Haplo about it.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Dudes, so I'm on like, a brief vacation (I like, came home for like, two days) so I'll like, get to this, like, soon... like probably Monday.

Is that like, okay?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That's fine.

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Take your time! There's no point of doing a rush review! I don't think it's possible to review this claim in 1 hour.
BTW Relinq, it's better to give some comments while it's still in the claimed stage and when the cells look finished.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: Quality exterior is quality. No big errors, just some little ones. Floating plants, a few floating/caspering rocks. When you make terrain this complex out of statics things like that pop up, and when you add that many wickwheat plants you're bound to leave a floater or two, so nothing to worry about there.

Comments This was lovingly detailed. Really 1st rate work blackbird!

Rating 9/10
Attachments
TR_4-48-Red_blackbird_3.esp
(750.45 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

There's a random furn_com_fence_01 in cell -6,20. Is that meant to be a sign post or just a random fence post at a fork in the path?

Approved. Great work!

blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

It used to be the signpost of a deleted road. You may remove it, if you want to.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I'll probably delete it so it doesn't confuse people or get reported as an error later on down the road. Thanks!