Introduce yourself!

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Introduce yourself!

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Rather than having people make tons of threads here, or starting a showcase and feeling pressured to either get to work or not post at all, I've decided that there should be a thread for people to introduce themselves somewhat.

Post as much about yourself as you want to, age, location, what you like to do, that sort of thing.

I'll start:

Yo, I'm Thrignar Fraxix, real first name is Theo. Something I've always found strange is that a week or so after I joined, our former head of quests joined with the username Theo. I'm 21 years old and live in Nebraska, a place I wouldn't even recommend to my enemies (and not just because they are mostly already here!)

To the new members posting here, I want to give a welcome to the forums/project.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Hi.

I'm Tyrion.

I like kittens and bondage and I have a lot of piercings and tattoos because it makes my father uncomfortable.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Hello,
I am Andres Indoril or Lord Andres Indoril as some kiddingly know me and I am a person. Yeah, definitely a person. I enjoy swimming, turning my brain offline when near computers and leaving the impression that I am batshit insane, even though I probably don't even bother doing that anymore, since I am also extremely lazy, managing to do some modding every now and then and spending most of my day, at the current rate, playing MMOs or watching Mythbusters. So, yeah, I suppose that's it.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
jonarus_drakus
Developer

Post by jonarus_drakus »

Hey all! I'm Jonarus Drakus, or JD for short.

I like fast cars and heavy metal music and I'm going to keep wearing black untill something darker comes along. I also have a tendency to sleep during the day because natural light may/may not cause me pain because i may/may not be a vampire :P

PS: Andres, dont go hoggin all the crazy now y'hear?
~Give yourself to the Darkside, We have Dental!
~The Death-Star lounge will now hold happy hour every night from 11.
~DUN DUN DUN, Da Da-DAH, Da Da-DAH! (imperial march)
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

My name is Wout, I live in Amsterdam and I'm your stereotypical pot-smoking hippie. Also, I wear wooden shoes.

Oh, want me to be serious? Well, my name is Wout and I live in Amsterdam, for the time being, since I had to move out of my temporary housing in Utrecht where I study Physics. My hobbies are erm, going to lots of parties, getting drunk with friends and generally having a good time. Also, when I'm not at a party I script quests for TR.
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Now then, I'm Cathartis (real name Richard), and I'm from Lincolnshire in England, a desolate and boring midlands county consisting pretty much entirely of farmland.

Being a Brit, I have a ridiculous (although according to some people quite nice) accent. I'm 21 years old, and enjoy the World of Darkness Roleplaying series, weird ambient music (as well as progressive rock and trip-hop), wearing hats and hanging around on IRC all day, doing practically nothing productive.

At TR I make interiors and exteriors, and review interiors and showcases, partly because having something to do here keeps me from going out and doing stupid things in the real world.
Last edited by Katze on Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Kiteflyer61
Developer

Post by Kiteflyer61 »

OK, my turn. I'm Kiteflyer61 (real name Ken) and I do interiors and exteriors for TR. As you can tell by the name, when I'm not modding I'm flying kites. The only perk from living where I do (Ocean Grove, NJ) is I'm only 4 blocks from the beach, which is a great place to fly kites. I also hold the distinction of being the oldest active modder at TR (at 48 ). :)
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!
"Tis easy enough to be pleasant,
when life flows along like a song;
but the person worth while
is the one who will smile
when everything goes dead wrong."
- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I am the Yeti (a nickname my friend calls me due to my height) and my real name is Parker. I live in the lovely state of Minnesota, in a nice little suburban city called Chanhassen. I am a student in high school with interests in history, fantasy, jazz music, and world cultures. I hope to attend the University of Minnesota and become a Dentist.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Shapeshiftr
Developer

Post by Shapeshiftr »

I'm Shapeshiftr, the nerd who's actually a nerd. Like Yeti, I'm way too tall for my age, and, well, too tall for any age. Like Cathartis, I am an alt-rock/prog-rock geek; other music interests are heavy/death metal, such as All that Remains, Dillinger Escape Plan, and rarely KSE. I'm more of a hardcore Muse/Dream Theater/Rush fan, though - I know every lyric to every Muse song, and actually just got back from a Muse concert at MSG, but after a month or so that last statement will be irrelevant. I also like a whole crap load of other bands, and naming them all would be spamming.

As for TR, I've been playing Morrowind since the day it came out, and constitutes about 1/2 of my childhood memories. Starting modding around 2007 or something like that, but never seriously until TR. Since 2009 I've been an Interior Modder and a Lit. Modder.

I live in NY.

Other interests include computer programming and website design, including Javascript and CSS as well as HTML, swimming, parkour (which constitutes the majority of my exercise), drumming (I've learned how to play every song by Muse, of course, and am in the process of doing so for Dream Theater), bass guitar, which I picked up per a friend's request, knowing nothing about the instrument, and have been teaching myself ever since, now playing in a local band, tennis, XBox, writing and anything to do with creative writing, piano, Philosophy, and breaking the social norm in public.

Oh, and did I mention rambling at great lengths?
Stryker: You're the stalker, right?

Live every day as though it were your last, and some day it will be.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Tyrion wrote:
I like kittens and bondage and I have a lot of piercings and tattoos because it makes my father uncomfortable.
omg me 2

ehem.

I'm lady N, and i am a 19 year old female residing in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I've been with this project since i was 13, and in my 6 years here I've been a Reviewer, a Head of Reviewers, a moderator at large, Head of OoT, and Admit. I recently retired to focus on college (I attend the Maryland Institute College of Art and am an Illustration major/ Art History minor) and on working on Hammerfell, which i took over from TR.

I enjoy reading, history, art, writing, and being pretentious and egotistic. I also like to travel, though I don't get to do that much. I'm a huge lore nerd. my names on all sites are some variation of "lady nerevar," so if you see that name its almost certainly me.

I also miss being blue :( HMs should get their own color.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Hey, nice to meet you.

I'm Worsas, on other forums Muspila. My actual name is Joel and I live in Wülfrath, which is in North-Rhine Westfalia in Germany. My biggest hobby so far is working on own games (both computer and not computer) or mods.

I've been nearly 5 years at TR, mostly watching the project quietly and not doing nor writing much. My sections are interior-making and 3D-art.

I'm a very shy person. :S
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Theo »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote: Yo, I'm Thrignar Fraxix, real first name is Theo. Something I've always found strange is that a week or so after I joined, our former head of quests joined with the username Theo.
:] There is a story behind this nickname... I joined TR while on Erasmus exchange in Leeds. My real name is Svatopluk Nevrkla (I am from Prague in Czech Republic), which of course nobody could pronounce. My Chinese friends told me that they gave up using their real names and suggested that I use a nickname - or Englishname as they called it. I had just registered on theology and religious studies department, so there was a huge stamp THEO on my documents. That is why I adopted it, moreover I like the original Greek meaning of the word a lot.

Now I have finished bachelor of theology and master of logic and am doing PhD on philosophy of logic and argumentation.
THEO
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Re: Introduce yourself!

Theo wrote:My real name is Svatopluk Nevrkla (I am from Prague in Czech Republic)
So that is only a nickname? That makes this even stranger, lol.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

I'm blackbird and I'm a male of 25 years old. I live near Bruges at Belgium. I don't have much hobbies aside gaming and modding for games. I'm 3 years on TR and have done a load of interiors.
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

Alex 29/m/Kristiansand,Norway

Joined almost 4 years ago, Lurked for a long time before joining. I'm English (Mancunian) but I ended up living in Norway because I met this beautiful Nordic princess (yes, she is reading this over my shoulder). I should have given way more to this project than I have considering the amount of time I've sat infront of Blender and Photoshop.

At TR I seem to have found myself in the Modellers "group" I chose the username Nalin because It was the name of my Morrowind character at the time of registering. I'd like to change my username to Revenant and am hoping the core will agree to this if I bribe them with tasty models for the mod.

Artistically I want to be able to do everything well and I spread myself pretty thin trying to achieve that. I have been told that I am a Kirkbridian.
[url]http://www.rvnant.tumblr.com/[/url]
AngryNord
Developer

Post by AngryNord »

Greetings all!

I'm AngryNord but my real name is Jamie, I'm a 15 year old male student living in a town called Moe in Australia. I like to get out with my friends and wreak havok among Australia's citizens when I'm free of the endless tide of schoolwork, I also do a fair bit of excercise and bodybuilding in thy spare time. My main interests are using old english words, listening to music (Eg. Disturbed, Nightwish, Machine Head), drawing pictures, basking in sunlight and eating 2 minute noodles.

My other hobbies include getting stuck on the internet in an eternal search for knowledge, climbing trees, modding for TR and even blacksmithing! (Yes, I can make swords).
Last edited by AngryNord on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Nalin wrote:Alex 29/m/Kristiansand,Norway
Nemon, apparently Nalins neighbour. Originally from Bergen, Norway, currently situated in Kristiansand. 28,9 years, married and 1,7 kids.

Joined in 2003, did a horrible job with 2-38 and then some random stuff from time to time until doing way too much with Kogo'tel and Rihad... which made me what I am today.

My question to Nalin however, right or wrong side of town?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Praedator
Reviewer

Post by Praedator »

Hi there, my real name is Edwin, I am 37 years old and live in Winschoten, The Netherlands. I was born in another place called Eindhoven and moved to the North of NL when I came back from a 13 year long journey throughout the old world.
I have lived in many different places in Europe and Asia, and I love breathing cultures and languages of all sorts. I speak a whole lot myself. My passion has always been Birds of Prey, or Raptors as the americans under us would call them. I used to do scientific research and publish my findings in international scientific magazines. But then I had a mental breakdown and had to come back to the NL for treatment. Ever since may 2003 I have been back in the NL, and I found Morrowind a year later. I got hooked on its vast world and possibilities, open ending etc. After playing it for years I found out about modding, and here I am as interior modder and also interior reviewer, doing a job I like most, playing around with the CS, and trying to make nice interiors, or review the tremendeous stuff of others.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Hi, I'm Scamp. My real name is Daniel. I like modding, computers, drumming, reading and such things. I tend to sleep during the day because I'm pretty nocturnal :P

Edit: Yeah, I had to change a bit of the post, because my username was changed from Scamp Softworks to Scamp. 8)
Last edited by Scamp on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Hey, my name is Nebojša and I live in the ass of the world. It's quite comfortable, actually :P I'm 20 years old... Wait, that can't be right? :?
Damnit, yeah, I'm 20, and I am a student of pharmacy and a huge enthusiast for chemistry. I've been looking at this forum for about 4 years, and I couldn't make myself dedicate any time to the project until recently. Anyway, I'm playing MW for the 10-th or so time right now, I just can't get enough of it :D
And yeah, I would like to say that I applaud all you folks who have dedicated so much time to this project. After all, you don't get to create a world the way you would like it to look every day :wink:

EDIT: when I was a kid we didn't have emoticons. Goddamn they're just fun to use, are they not? Do jaja!
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

I joined back in Feb of '06 with an elaborate cave that almost melted PoHa's system (if you don't know who PoHa is/was, you missed an awesome dude.) I've been a modder, reviewer, Head of Interiors, AI, and a bunch of other titles now merged into Interiors. I got to my spot now because I'm an editor/computers guy in real life.

I'm currently a Mathematics major seeking a bachelors degree. We'll see how that goes. I wish the best of luck to any of my generation who are in college or university now. We all need it. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Jule wrote:4 emoticons in one post
Our old HoR Sniper4 would love you. He was a frequent emoticon user as well.

(glad to see this thread getting used)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

Damn it people I just love being part of this!
(Just thought you should know.)
Euron
Developer

Post by Euron »

Hi, I'm Euron, or Euron Crowseye to be more specific, or just Brennan if you prefer. I was born and raised, and am currently living in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and I've just recently said farewell to my 20's. I'm a semi-retired body piercer, and at present I'm working for a supportive housing organization, doing the graveyard shift at a homeless shelter which gives me plenty of downtime.

This has led me back to Morrowind, and subsequently TR. I played TES3 for many years when it was released, and then Oblivion as well, but always on console, so while I had a great interest in modding, and followed the progress of TR quietly, I was never able to participate until investing in a PC, which was only recently. As of this writing I've just been approved for interior modding, and am looking forward to my first claim.

When I'm not lurking the forums here, working in the CS, or playing games, I'm usually either hanging out with my girl and my dog or with friends, getting tattooed, playing music, or generally just wasting time. As well, I've just recently rekindled my interest (partly thanks to TR) in visual art. I'm still rusty, but hope that with some time and a small investment in some software/hardware for my pc I'll be able to contribute more to the concept art side of the project as well.
Kamudo

Post by Kamudo »

I'm Kamudo. I live in California currently, and I mostly play games and spend my time being lazy. I picked up Morrowind like a month ago and instantly loved it. Though, the graphics felt very dated to me, and I was pleased to learn about modding. And then I saw Tamriel rebuilt, since Morrowind was my first TES game, I was pretty shocked at the epicness of the project, and downloaded it right away. Though I'm still doing the main storyline, since the Morrowind's Island is huge in itself. So, I have yet to see the new areas, but the mods are installed, waiting for me. ^^;

I also have an obsession with the Dwemer race in the game. I love their artifacts and the architecture.

Currently, I dunno how to mod things, but if I ever do learn, I totally wanna contribute to this project. ^-^
Tamriel Rebuilt is amazing. >.>
I mean, Damn, I haven't even seen the whole completed mainland yet, but it's epic. So, I'm gonna help the project however I can. :'D
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Kamudo wrote:Currently, I dunno how to mod things, but if I ever do learn, I totally wanna contribute to this project. ^-^
I recommend you look at our tutorials if you want to learn more. Any questions not answered by them can be directed to the heads of the appropriate field.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Kamudo

Post by Kamudo »

Yeah, I've been looking at the Tutorials a bit and I'll keep looking and try to practice. I'm considering trying to do Exterior cells. The landscapes in Morrowind are pretty nice, and yeah.

If I do have questions, should I send a message to the appropriate person?

And when I do have something to present, I'll post it in the Showcase forum.
Tamriel Rebuilt is amazing. >.>
I mean, Damn, I haven't even seen the whole completed mainland yet, but it's epic. So, I'm gonna help the project however I can. :'D
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Kamudo wrote:If I do have questions, should I send a message to the appropriate person?
Yes, or if the questions come up as part of making a showcase plugin, you can ask them in your showcase thread.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Well I figured this should be the place for the first post I make in the TR forums. My real name is Taylor and I'm a 22 year old student at Auburn University studying history. I love history and anything that is based in some way on history hence the love of fantasy games and books. I have been playing Morrowind off and on since it first came out and just recently decided that TR would become my mod of choice to follow. (Though it is certainly not the first time I have looked into TR or downloaded TR or come to these forums.)

I don't know if I will get into modding for TR as I haven't modded anythying since Neverwinter Nights and cant get into something new. I can however create storylines and concept art. I was actually browsing through and came upon the need for a cephalopod concept and began my own that I will post as soon as I find somewhere to scan my image on campus.

It's good to get my first post over after reading these forums the past few days. I hope to contribute some concepts shortly and will otherwise be following this mod closely.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Welcome to the mod Samir. If you ever get the urge to try the the CS aspects of modding, don't forget we have tutorials. Also, the department heads are generally able to answer any questions not covered by the tutorials
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Keyarra

Post by Keyarra »

Hello everyone! Newbie here. I have been playing MW for eight years, when I was seven. So I'm fifteen, but I don't act like it. In my school in Washington, US, I am the freak of the school. Black and red hair that I have in a mini-hawk, multiple piercings, and a die hard fan of Slipknot, Mudvayne, Cannibal Corpse, and Drowning Pool. I also love a lot of the classically heavy stuff: Metallica, Scorpions, Ozzy, and even Dream Theater. My real name is Shay. I'm the kind of girl who has an opinion on everything and hated to be judged. I'm different and I like it. Reading the posts before this, I like you guys.I have done hardly any modding, but I'm trying to learn. Mostly I like creative writing picking out peoples mistakes. Lol.
I am learning to play the guitar and have great interest in interior design and debate. I also enjoy making jewelery and going out with my mom. Thanks Thrignar (Theo) for doing this thread. It's kinda cool. :mrgreen:
Life sucks unless you're with the right people.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I was going to express shock that you knew my real name... then I remembered what thread we are in.
Keyarra wrote:I have been playing MW for eight years, when I was seven.
You've actually spent more of your life knowing morrowind than not. That is pretty impressive. I'm not sure if anyone else here can make that claim.

If you have any questions about the CS, shoot me or the head of the department relevant to your question a PM and we will try our best to answer your question.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Keyarra

Post by Keyarra »

Thrignar- You said that no one else can say that they've been playing for most of their life. But you have to remember that my life has not been in play for a very long tome. Lol. I have played the game like twenty times and it is not really boring, but what interests me about this project is that there will be new things to do. It's my favorite game, along with another game that seems to be MW's opposite: Deus Ex 1 and 2. I want to help, but I don't know what to ask...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Well, I started modding by opening up the CS and experimenting. I made a little dungeon with a hilariously uber reward for myself. It was absolutely terrible, but everyone starts somewhere and the fastest way to learn how to swim is to have someone throw you off a pier.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Keyarra

Post by Keyarra »

Throw me off a pier? Where I live, murder is illegal... Lol, but I'll try. Thanks.
Althalus54

Post by Althalus54 »

Hi I'm Althalus54, its just the username that I chose.

I go by many names, but first and foremost my name is paul lauridsen, 17 and I go to an anglican school I am friends whith the chapel captains, one of whom has a habit of mixing religion with science. Not a good combination, trust me. I'm some what of a furry, not an overly active member; I'm a budding author, currently writing three or four short-stories at once and the Commanding Officer of the paramilitary organization the 28th Forward Combat Division *Motto Antesignani*

My other names are Lucius Amereulius (Pen-name & mental self personified) and Heilagur Ulfur (Soul & spiritual self personified).
P. Lauridsen
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Welcome to the project athalus, btw, I removed that bit at the end of your intro as we do not allow recruiting of any kind on our forums.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Althalus54

Post by Althalus54 »

ok, thanks Theo for letting me know.
P. Lauridsen
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

Oh lol I'd never dare to call him Theo...

'Scamps live in contemplation of death, you know.'
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I'm not that scary anymore (am I?)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo