Introduce yourself!

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Birdie

Post by Birdie »

I'm an 18 year old male living in New Zealand. I currently don't have time to help with TR although I've been intereste in it for quite some time now. When I do have time I plan to do some modelling and artwork, perhaps learn some animation as well. I've been playing Morrowind since I was...13? Not sure now, could have been longer. I still haven't finished the main quest, let alone the expansions or TR's released maps, although I will continue pegging away at it.
Laheja

Post by Laheja »

Hey all! :)

I'm Laheja, from small country in Northern Europe, currenty studying in University.
Have done some modding in past for morrowind, tried with Skyrim as well, but skyrim just lured me back in to morrowind (my favorite game all time), hope I can help with the project, once I figure out how do use CS like I used to. (mostly comfortable with quest writing and dialogue, some interior as well)
Besides playing games, I also spend my time on music and sports, oh and if you happen do see username laheja somewhere else, that's probably me :).

Hoping that map 3 or completed version of map 2 will come out this year :P, have been waiting for them about 3 years, which is also the time I have been lurking around these forums as unsubribed quest :D
Eirreann

Post by Eirreann »

Hello all! Eirreann here!
I have been skulking around on this website for about two years, ever since I first downloaded the two TR maps that are currently out.
Decided to finally join the forums to see if I couldn't find more info on the future of the project and maybe even contribute some to it...
"Wake Up. We're Here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up. Stand up. There you go. You were dreaming. What's your name?"
-Jiub
Vettexl

Post by Vettexl »

Hi all! I found this site last night while searching Google for 'Arthmodeus' (he made some maps of Tamriel, and his name was mentioned on the Books page).

I enjoyed Oblivion and Skyrim, and I'm in the process of playing Morrowind. :)
Dumbird

Post by Dumbird »

My name is Craig Dumsday. unusual name i know but i like it.
I have been playing elder scrolls games for a few years. still learning how to use the construction kit but i will make it. I got a few ideas for mods for oblivion like a prison mod where you have to escape but your all of your stats will be set to zero, a mod that expands the imperial city to a realistic size and also a mod which i call adventurers university where you could get starting equipment, train your skills and maybe a few quests as well.

I hope i will be able to to be good enough to help tamriel rebult some day.

See ya :)
Every begining is a end and every end is a begining.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

You know we mod for morrowind? Since you mentioned construction kit I wasn't sure. Welcome to the forums!
--Mwgek--
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

Hi Everyone!

My name is Matin and I just recently developed an interest in the modding aspects of Morrowind (I use to watch my brother play the game on his old XBOX when it first came out and it stuck with me, early this year I decided to have a crack at playing it myself after finishing Skyrim and hearing how highly regarded it was, it took a while to get use to the mechanics but I ended up having heaps of fun).

I have a keen interest in history (both real and fictional, currently doing work about the Great Depression in Australia) as well as mathematics, and currently attempting to create a decent interior cell (just having recently discovered how to use the CS) but having to hold it off to play Guild Wars 2 and find more free time, until then I am immersing myself in all aspects of Morrowind lore. I also enjoy reading books, my favorite of which is reading old science fictions but mainly any good decent book in general which may range from the Hunger Games, Dune, The Man in the High Castle, Wheel of Time, Lord of the Rings, Eragon, Holes, and currently the Hatchet series as well as The Missing Peace (about the negotiations that took place to help resolve the Israel-Palestine Conflict) as well as many other books and series.

I also enjoy playing video games, but not excessively (Maybe 1-2 hours a day if I don't have anything else to do, tends to change on the weekends if I have plenty of free time). I also enjoy visiting review sites such as the Angry Joe Show or Zero Punctuation (BTW if you see my name in any other site, feel free to chat) and reading online comics such as the Elder Strolls, Concerned and Prequel.

I also try to be as reasonable and polite as possible but will take a hard stance against blatant insults. I also would like to give thanks to the contributors at Tamrial Rebuilt for devoting so much of their time and talent into this project after so many years, hopefully one day I will be able to help out but all the same I wish you all good luck. :)
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

Hello, I'm Glisp. I recently got back into Morrowind after like 8 years of not playing it. Anyway, I got bored with the retail game and the expansions so I figured I'd see what kind of stuff people were making with the Construction set that came with the game. I have to say the TR project is very good. I played the recent release of the Sacred East. I have to say I love it. The only thing that bothers me is probably that the landmass feels a bit too close to the island. (I'm kinda nitpicky about keeping the distance of territories accurate, even in mods. Though, I honestly don't have a say so I shouldn't be complaining about it.) Other than that, I am most impressed.

While I don't know if I'll make any custom content for the game any time soon, if there is any other way I can help, please let me know. I am really good at looking for bugs. (I already actually found like one or two while playing Sacred East, one of which can make completing a Fighters' Guild mission difficult.) Though, I understand if you're full up on bug testers and won't push it on you guys.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hey Glisp! We're always happy to see bug reports! We strive to maintain top quality but due to the sheer enormity of our mod there are quite a lot of bugs out there. Especially something that can potentially break quests is important. If you've got the time please go to our [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewforum.php?f=205]Public Beta Testing[/url] forum and report the errors you found, and we'll make sure they'll be fixed in the next release!

If you want to help beyond just bug testing go to our Showcase forum and make yourself a thread. Even if you've never worked with the construction set before, it's quite easy to learn and we'll be happy to help you out!
LiberumAvis
Developer

Post by LiberumAvis »

Hi, I'm LiAv and my real name is Masha. I am a 19 years old girl from a small town in Russia. I'm studying in college at the department of Design. I hope that one day I will become a professional in the field of game development. I'm learning and hoarding up my portfolio. I play Morrowind three years. I liked the atmosphere in this game and, of course, an opportunity to create addons. For a while I was thinking to work on mods for Skyrim, but in terms of atmosphere, I can see much more nordic picture just coming out of the house almost all year. So I chose Morrowind and joined TR. My goal at the moment - to get to the top of the list [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=team]here[/url] in the Top Ten Modelers. :twisted:
Sorry for my bad english.

-tasks-
n5-3-Red 50%, n5-5-Mis 10%
-status-
completely busy
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I don't want to ruin your party, but I don't think that list is up to date for a long time :).
--Mwgek--
Etherella

introduce yourself

Post by Etherella »

Hi, I'm a 23-year old guy from Russia. I have always enjoyed Morrowind, and spent a lot of time playing this game and actually I still play it all the time. This project instills so much awe in me , and sometimes when I feel inspired I think about joining the project as a quest writer. But those sripts, they simply kill me, programming is just not my thing I guess. So I come up with a great story (or so I think) characters and dialogues, and cannot implement it, that's why I can't publish a proper showcase, though I've been planning to do it for some time.

I really hope that this project goes on flourishing the way it is now. I am so looking forward towards the next release and want to thank heartily the Tamriel Rebuilt team for the work they are doing, although I am certain no gratitude will ever be enough for something like that.
LiberumAvis
Developer

Post by LiberumAvis »

Mwgek wrote:I don't want to ruin your party, but I don't think that list is up to date for a long time :).
Damn! You've just ruined my hopes! :D
Sorry for my bad english.

-tasks-
n5-3-Red 50%, n5-5-Mis 10%
-status-
completely busy
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

LiberumAvis wrote:
Mwgek wrote:I don't want to ruin your party, but I don't think that list is up to date for a long time :).
Damn! You've just ruined my hopes! :D
Continue with what you do and we'll erect a statue next to our HQ.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

The top modeller list depends on claims. Sadly, no one bothers actually creating claims for most stuff that is made. :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Qa'Dar

Post by Qa'Dar »

This one is known mostly as Qa'Dar.
Khajiit was born near Riften, in the barren lands of Skyrim, in Morrowind and Oblivion this one had his litter roam the lands of Tamriel...

For real now, my name is Michel, I am a 35 year old male, living in Belgium. I enjoy RP in TES and have some (not much)expirience with the CK.
I was a technician, untill I was unable to work anymore due to medical complications.
Now I am looking to go back to school to learn a job in the social sector, where I can work with problem children, so I am able to work again and have a satisfying life...

I have released one mod for Morrowind and one mod for Skyrim (the last one needs updating, as Beth screwed it up with their last DLC...)

The Morrowind one, Dothruviels House, can be found here: [url]http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42232[/url]

The Skyrim one, My Better Breezehome, can be found here: [url]http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13583[/url]

I do hope that I will be of some use to this project, and that some more experienced modders can get me on track to get started.
Va Khaj Dar, To be Desert Thief, is not only our name
It is also our way of life.
100hugo
Developer

Post by 100hugo »

hey,im 100hugo (real name is just hugo)
i loooove morrowind and have always wanted to learn to mod for it. i've been skulking around for a while trying to find somewhere i can start. i always get really intimidated when i get on the verge of claiming........... oh and i love my guitar
I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds... Or was it clowns? Come to think of it, it began to smell... Must have been clowns...
-Sheogorath
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

You'll have to have passed a showcase before you can claim anything, but we'll be happy to help you learn how to mod! Just make yourself a thread in the showcase forum and we'll start from there!
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

@100hugo
If your unsure on where to start, Interior modding is generally a great way to get introduced to using the Construction Set. But if you see another aspect of modding that seems interesting to you (such as questing, modeling etc.) Then feel free to explore those avenues as well, we have a bunch of tutorials on the site.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=modding_data/tutorials

And don't feel intimidated about starting out, the other modders and Heads of Departments are more then willing to help out in improving your skills. In order to start create a showcase thread (no more than one) in the showcase forum and go on from there.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
100hugo
Developer

Post by 100hugo »

yeah sorry i meant on the verge of submitting my showcase. im resonably new to modding :P. im making an interior showcase and i think it'll be ready soon
I once dug a pit and filled it with clouds... Or was it clowns? Come to think of it, it began to smell... Must have been clowns...
-Sheogorath
_MaiqTheLiar

Post by _MaiqTheLiar »

*whimper*
Uhhh... hi.. I'm _MaiqTheLiar... I like Exteriors, Quests/Dialogue, TES Lore, and anything relevant to computers...
Okay... I'm done now... I'll just go hide in a hole... *whimper*

Edit: Also, am I the only one here who has played through The Elder Scrolls Arena?
M'aiq wishes you well.
sonicadam132

Post by sonicadam132 »

[quote=" Also, am I the only one here who has played through The Elder Scrolls Arena?[/quote]

I have played and completed Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind with both expansions and Oblivion with all the DLCs, i however have not yet played Skyrim, but i do want to especially because of the Dragonborn DLC.
I have a full set of Daedric armor and an Eltonbrand, yet people of Morrowind still have the cheek to call me a N'wah
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Best avatar ever _MaiqTheLiar! Welcome to the forums.
--Mwgek--
lac
Developer

Post by lac »

Oh my! I'm not a newbie, but... Every year, TR comes into my mind. I've spent hours working on Kemel-Ze Interiors, but the files were gone and we had to stop.. Then I started to work, so I've left TR behind. I've registered more than 8 years ago... Good old days! I had so much time back then...
current claims:

finished claims:
i2-423-Tri
--
"Would you choose supremacy
If it led to isolation?
Could you handle the solitude?
Would you still prefer the throne?"
SirSlaughterfish

Intro

Post by SirSlaughterfish »

Hi! I don't know if anyone is still using this forum, but I'll post anyway. I'm SirSlaughterfish (real name is Phil) and I am 17 years old. I am a HUGE Morrowind fanatic, I've played through the game in its entirety at least 40 or 50 times. That being said, I like to think that I know just About everything there is to know about the game. I have some minor experience with interior and exterior modding, as well as npc's. Tried to make a quest and that didn't work out so well but I hope to get better and contribute to this project in any way I can!
"You're about the ugliest barmaid I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a bit. Come to bring me another round have you?" - Reynald Jemane

"Cheese! For everyone!"- Sheogorath
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hi Phil! Be sure to join us on IRC if you're willing to learn, we're always happy to give modding advice and we're always in need of enthusiastic modders like you!
SirSlaughterfish

Post by SirSlaughterfish »

Thanks why! I'll be sure to get involved as soon as I can
"You're about the ugliest barmaid I've ever seen, and that's saying quite a bit. Come to bring me another round have you?" - Reynald Jemane

"Cheese! For everyone!"- Sheogorath
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

I'm definitely not going to have friends on here when I post this.

I'm TheLexicon, you can call me Lex for short.

I have only played Morrowind for about one hour. So technically, I've never played Morrowind, though I know about some stuff by watching the first third of a guy's Morrowind LP.

I've done pretty much everything in Oblivion (my first TES game) and have done almost everything in Skyrim, excluding the expansion packs; PS3 player.

I've never programmed in my life; I joined hoping that TR can teach me this kind of stuff.

I live in Atlantic Canada, which is really cool.

I'm a dude, I'm not gay, and I like cats! Problem? Didn't think so.

I like Fantasy RPG video games and fantasy books. Final Fantasy was my second or third RPG.

I would love to learn how to mod TES games; I think there should be a Posession spell in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim. I would also like to learn this so that I can program my own games, if my career as a writer doesn't work.

I would like to make YouTube videos of various TES and FF LPs, but currently lack a computer and microphone, and think my voice is too annoying for that kind of thing anyway.

I hope to program quests for TR, specifically quests that make the player travel all over Morrowind, as TR seems to be lacking in this.

Hope I have friends on this forum after they finished reading this post.
But that's just my opinion, so it's likely completely stupid.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

I've been thinking about Morrowind (And my crush but thats irrelevant :D) this morning. And I realized I never introduced properly.
And so I wanna do it now, I'm Sam from Slovakia (little country in middle of Europe {far east for some of you}). I love fantasy and fiction (I read books from Tolkien, Terry Pratchett), thats one of the reasons why I love Morrowind, other is freedom.
I joined TR at age 13 (that explains my showcase :D) because I wanted to mod Morrowind. I didn't cared how, I just wanted to join some Morrowind project and make something. And that "some project" turned into my longest lasting hobby, I work slowly (It takes me about 2 months to finish one claim :D) but I can't imagine not having open claim. So thank you for all your patience and guidance. I hope that we will last forever.
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
XavierL
Developer

Post by XavierL »

I am XavierL, an online fugitive from a dying forum. I have a pathological obsession with following the rules - because of this, I feel like an idiot for not posting here before making a showcase.

My pastimes include reading, writing, and playing RPGs - especially Morrowind, although the past several months of my time have been spent getting TESV to work on a low-grade system. "Not playing it would be a waste of effort," I said. Well, as it turns out, actually playing it felt like a waste of breath.

I like Cats, if only because I'm deathly afraid of every other animal on the planet. Also, despite whatever first impressions my harsh vernacular may give, I can assure you that I am really quite pleasant to talk to.

To my recollection, I joined up here sometime last year, although records on the profile listing may prove me wrong.
Matrimelee

Post by Matrimelee »

Hello there,
am a big Elder Scrolls fan and started playing the series with Morrowind (Daggerfall and Arena are nice as well, but I haven't grown up with them, so I am missing a certain factor which turn them from good to awesome). I have been playing Morrowind since I was 13 and always came back to that certain game after each new disappointment delivered by Bethesda in the last years.

Used to play the German Version of that game back in the days which brought me to the modding scene because I had to rename and replace every single object (or at least the important objects) in every mod to make them compatible with the german version (man that was a horrendous job).

I currently finished my load order for Morrowind (started playing Morrowind in March for the xyth time [but this time no MSGO, used knots guide]) and am doing some other work like adding Children, Creatures or other stuff from other mods to places in TR since I just can't play the game knowing that stuff from other mods is missing in the mainland which Morrowind has.

Just wanted to give you guys a little intro and tell you that you're awesome. Modding a game which is more than 10 years old and creating such a detailed and beautiful world shows some true dedication.

There is a reason why Morrowind is one of the best games out there:

Community

Steam: Wolvendeagle
am German.

if someone wants to hook up and talk about the glorious days of the TES series.
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Yeah, I don't think the moderators check this forum anymore. But hi!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

TheLexicon wrote:Yeah, I don't think the moderators check this forum anymore. But hi!
What? O_o
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Why wrote:
TheLexicon wrote:Yeah, I don't think the moderators check this forum anymore. But hi!
What? O_o
Come on, Why, don't even pretend! All you do is meddle! You do not really check the forums!
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Well, the last post made by a moderator was about two months ago.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Modders by definition aren't new people, and don't need to introduce themselves. BEHOLD, MIGHTY LOGIC
Test
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Barring those that inevitably have slipped through the cracks, I've read every post on this forum made since about 2005
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I love reading this thread, it's just, saying "Hi" over and over again kind of gets old. So I'll say hi the first time I get to interact directly with new members! :D

(Hi, everyone!)
TheLexicon

Post by TheLexicon »

Yeah, that's kinda what I meant.
The moderators welcoming the new guys.
Neo

Post by Neo »

hehe i love it when unqualified people make statements with no fact in them.
me: Whats that dunmer doing over there?
Fargoth: you don't want to know but im pretty sure that's my ring