Introduce yourself!

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Calvan

Post by Calvan »

Hi. I'm Calvan.
I like videogames.
Thats all i'm telling.
[url=http://profile.xfire.com/calvinx][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/calvinx.png[/img][/url]
Wingate

Post by Wingate »

cute cat is cute. Welcome to TR.

Also, I'm back. And I will try to resume getting into modding. If anyone recalls, I did some brief drawing for the mushroom forests, then had a thread later on asking about how to become a modder as well as how to work the CS.

So, hi again.
There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who can count and those who can't.
Minus Sanity

Post by Minus Sanity »

Hi I am Minus Sanity, I chose that name because it is the one I have on the Bethesda Forums. My real name is Gary and I have played Morrowind since 2003. I am currently 18 and have some modding exp but wouldn't consider myself all that good. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the United States and enjoy video games and sleeping. I also like kittens and sweets. Really enjoy the work you all have done and hope to continue seeing it in the months to come.
lotoreo

Post by lotoreo »

Hey guys,

I'm Lotoreo, I'm a guy, 19 years old, I'm also Dutch, and I've been playing Morrowind on and off since it came out.
I still love the ingame lore and depth that most other games seem to lack, and after seeing this website, I wanted to join (I just registered) Great work on the mods, you guys, it's awesome.

I like music, study a composition/songwriting/production study at the conservatory, and I play electric guitar and a bunch of other instruments. I like Hendrix and lots of other music.
NightmarexFox

Post by NightmarexFox »

I go by NightmarexFox, however some people know me as Jared. I'm 16, and I live on the west coast (not that awesome) in a state called Oregon, and in an even smaller area; a town- Medford.

I'm into coding, and graphics designing for lots of other games not just Morrowind. I've done a lot of private server work for ConquerOnline, my main contributions being custom items for the server. I can code a decent amount to and one thing that is good about me is that I can look at a code, and basically figure out what it does, regardless of what language it is as long as it's not C#, or D
[img]http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Images/promo_material/cog_minister.png[/img]
LL Harc

I'm LL Harc

Post by LL Harc »

Hello people I'm Lucas I'm new and I guess I help with concept art because I play oblivion?
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Welcome all you new people we are glad to have you around. Feel free to post concept art LL Harc it all helps whether it is used or not, it can help determine which way we want to go with things or be used specifically as a piece to be modeled either way all concept art is welcome regardless of technical ability, the idea is what is important.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
LL Harc

Cool

Post by LL Harc »

Ok cool thanks guys for being so generous!
LL Harc

Skyrim

Post by LL Harc »

Are you guys going to make stuff like this for Skyrim?
A bearded nun flies in the sky! And I have the passion like a bleeding walrus!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

We do not currently have plans to mod for skyrim, as advances in games have made it quite difficult to make a mod to our standards.

Lets try to keep this thread for introductions. Questions can go in a new thread or in IRC.

edit: or in the new thread I made just for that purpose.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Howling_Snail

Post by Howling_Snail »

Greetings all, I'm Howling_Snail. Teenage English boy and (Very) Basic Oblivion and Morrowind modder. Came here to learn a few things.
LL Harc

Post by LL Harc »

Welcome! I am also here to learn and help
A bearded nun flies in the sky! And I have the passion like a bleeding walrus!
osmosys

Post by osmosys »

Hello,

I'm a 29 year old computer tech, but my real passion is writing. I've got a screenplay in the works, and I'm helping design a fantasy trilogy right now.

I may be interested in helping out with some of the quest writing, but at first I would want to keep it to a very small quest. I don't want to over extend myself.

I love Morrowind, and this project really excites me. Oblivion is a good game, but just didn't have the same appeal.
Boethiah

Post by Boethiah »

Hello, I'm Boethiah. I'm just a teenager with a little modding experience and a mild obsession with morrowind. I'm hoping to increase my modding skills (which really need it) and expand my lore knowledge, which is considerable in respect to Vvardenfell but severely lacking in all other respects. First and foremost, I just want to help out with this project however I can because I think that it has a great goal and that what it has already accomplished is quite inspiring.
Long is the arm of Boethiah, and swift is the blade.

Deep is the cut, and subtle is the poison.

Worship, o faithful. Pray your death is short.

Worship, o faithful. Pray your death is quiet.

Worship, o faithful. Worship the glory that is Boethiah.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

REMOVED.
Last edited by TheUnending on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

To change your username, you would have to PM one of the admins, Haplo or Thrignar Fraxix.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
Mike Honcho

Post by Mike Honcho »

My name is Mike Honcho. Real name Tristin. I live in the hills of Arkansas. Im almost 16 and am gonna be a sophmore in highschool next year. I have played oblivion on my xbox for well over 300 hours and my cousin gave me morrwind and told me about this site and about how fun it is to mod, so i thought id try an learn and it might be fun
"I come in peace. I didnt bring artillery. But I am pleading you, with tears in my eyes: If you mess with me, I'll kill you all" -Marine General James Mattis
Gjemon

Post by Gjemon »

Hi I'm Lucio, I write from Italy and I'd like help you.
I'm a good game player but not much expert in game editing, I hope to be useful in some way :D
Letrune
Developer

Post by Letrune »

Hello everyone... I forgot to introduce myself, but why not do it now? :)
I am a 22 years old female programmer-student - when outside. When I am myself, I am a feline who just loves games. :)
I like to be helpful with my humble skills of writing, drawing, reading and so on... But the main cause I came is that this mod is really fun to play with. :)
octane

Post by octane »

Hi, I am Vladimir or Vladko for short. I like playing Morrowind, but I like modding it even more. While in the real-life I like knife throwing, skiing, shooting, hunting, walking in the forest, etc.
Scamp
Reviewer

Post by Scamp »

octane wrote:I like knife throwing
[url=http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9908/bolt.gif][img]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9908/bolt.th.gif[/img][/url]
"Scamp you are the wonderboy" - Praedator

[url=http://scamp.blogspot.com/][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea8ABeM.png[/img][/url]
Lord Torell

Post by Lord Torell »

Greetings, Tamriel Rebuilt.
I am Lord Torell, otherwise known as Chris.

I'm just out of high school, dodging the future, and raring to get modding. I've been a fantasy/RPG nut for most of my life... and I've recently added history, acting, and power metal(especially Blind Guardian) to my madness. Oh, and yelling at the computer in foreign languages(usually when one of my mod projects gets somehow screwed up). That too. Wow, I use a lot of parentheses... and dear god am I wordy. :words:

But, most importantly, I know my way around the CS and I'm more than willing to pitch in.
School teaches one to learn, but to think, one must learn for oneself.
Daviiddd

Post by Daviiddd »

Hi I'm David from the United Kingdom, England. I'm 17, I enjoy free roaming games. I like to do what most teenagers do and get drunks & chill with friends.
I was also wandering am I correct in thinking so far only map 2 of the Morrowind TR is complete & when is the 3rd due out?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Daviiddd wrote:I was also wandering am I correct in thinking so far only map 2 of the Morrowind TR is complete & when is the 3rd due out?
That's correct, we have released Telvannis 2.0 and Antediluvian Secrets 1.0 so far. Sacred East 1.0 is in progress; we don't have a tentative release date.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Daviiddd

Post by Daviiddd »

Haplo wrote:
Daviiddd wrote:I was also wandering am I correct in thinking so far only map 2 of the Morrowind TR is complete & when is the 3rd due out?
That's correct, we have released Telvannis 2.0 and Antediluvian Secrets 1.0 so far. Sacred East 1.0 is in progress; we don't have a tentative release date.

Thanks, do you have an estimation on how long iy will be before the Sacred East is realesed and how someone such as myself could potentially be of assistance to that map or any other Morrowind one, I did read all the writing about assistance but half of it didnt make sense to me & I dont get on well with chunks of writing. :)
Thanks
Tahreasa

Post by Tahreasa »

Hey! I'm Tahreasa (I hate my username) My real name is Ravyn. I live in Texas... yeah, basically. I'm really young. I have been playing Morrowind for a long time, it's my favorite of TES. I have played Arena Daggerfall and Oblivion too, they're all great. I just recently started modding. I also love to eat 2 minute noodles and draw like AngryNord! I love modding along with Star Wars, Halo, and a lot of other games including Fable (Fable 3 is just awful though...),Fallout 3, and Left 4 Dead. I love Red vs Blue!! Shotguns are nice. I have a zombie plan. :wink: I love reading. I'm learning computer programming, I love science and mathematics. I really hope to meet alot of awesome people who share my interests here!!
Jack Slater

Hello World! (Classic!)

Post by Jack Slater »

Hello world. I am Jack Slater (you may have guessed), a university student at Imperial College, London. Just waving to say hello. Morrowind's been out for years, yet we're still working on it (wow.)
NoddingOff

Post by NoddingOff »

I'm ... NoddingOff!

Also called Mojito over at the Great House Fliggerty forums ... That's about it.
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

Hey, My name is TheUnending although you can call me Andy ;).

I'm a huge fan of quite a few games, lately I haven't really been into any game in particular as I've been making things in ASCII art(artwork made out of symbols, spaces, etc of which my current profile pic is a prime example).

Yesterday through the forum I usually make my artwork on changed its font style, spacing, and size without warning so now I'm out of work in that department haha.

I've been watching Tamriel Rebuilt for over a year now, biding my time, waiting for the next release so I can swoop in and explore some of the new cities and possibly try and find errors(I like finding errors in things, a habit I received during my days of teaching ASCII art haha).

My favorite game of all time I'd have to say... is The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for the PC. I'm not a big fan of the Xbox version due to the fact you can't cheat at all(hey, its fun playing through the good old fashioned way but sometimes its even funner to be able to jump from Vivec to Khuul in only a few seconds). My seconds favorite game would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved.

Sorry for the long winded stuff... I didn't really delve into my character much(maybe you guys should have a form to fill out? Just a suggestion), but hopefully you guys can figure that out along the way ;).
"*Sips Coffee*"

"The only sure way of taking over the world without your plans being ruined at the eleventh hour by some nosy kid... steal everyone's shoes..."
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I can make a rabbit:
  • (\(\
    ( -.-)
    o_(")(")
But I have no idea how to make something as awesome as that dragon you've got there.

Any interest in modding, or you just waiting for the next release? ;-)
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

^ I'm interested but I have no-where near the experience in modding that it required.

A little more info on that artwork stuff haha. Basically, that bunny is the bunny that is going to dominate the world :p, its the simple-est of ASCII works that I know of... well not simplest... and no offense intended haha.

I've been making that artwork since... IDK how long... see we make it in Arial size 9 on the forums of another game(IDK if I'm supposed to mention what game). I'm used to making 4 lined 'signatures', but I recently started making the bigger 'logos' ya know... that dragon is no-where near the level I wish I was at, but I'll never reach a high level now...

Anyways back on topic, yea I'm interested in modding but I've tried several showcases before and basically been told I'm not good enough for it... interior showcases that is...

°*•›¸TheUnending¸‹•*°

P.S. do you know by chance what font and size this forum uses?
"*Sips Coffee*"

Gabrielman

Post by Gabrielman »

Hello! I have been lurking here for a while, and watching the progress of this mod on and off and I have to say, I like what I have seen so far! The public links that are out are very amazing, and so far you all have done a wonderful job! I look forward to talking with you, and learning more about the work you are doing on Morrowind. I am doing a let's play with the first two TR Maps installed, so I will be showcasing it, and I hope that is okay!

Anyway, time to make my way around the board!
[img]http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx219/Gabrielsword/Bleach-Manga-Chapter-462-003-1.jpg[/img]
ironsoul

Post by ironsoul »

Hey, I just heard about this project, signed up, and I'm eager to help out. Obviously, I'll begin finding resources to learn the construction set.

This is the morrowind version of the engine right?

Anyway, I'll see more of you around later on... once I get settled in.
Hayabusa153
Developer

Post by Hayabusa153 »

Oh snap I just saw this! Well My real name is Cody and I'm 15. (16 in a little less than a month) I'm from south Carolina. I'm a TES fan to the core...and a Halo fan. I have some goodish skills with the CS and am currently working on my showcase. It's actually going to be an ALPHA release of my own project.

I'm a tiger.
I tried not to use the signature box but it was so big and rectangular!
TheUnending
Developer

Post by TheUnending »

^ Wow! I'm a TES & Halo fan too :p. They're like my favourite two game series.

I'm plotting to start working on a showcase but I'm not quite sure what to make yet...
"*Sips Coffee*"

Flobblem

Post by Flobblem »

Hi,

My name is Sam.
I am 20 years of age.
I live in 'sunny' Derbyshire in the Midlands, UK.
I work in the Derbyshire County Council Arts Team and Morrowind happens to be my favorite game of all time.
I hope to be able to add something to this mod eventually, even if it is only some writing (I am a poet in RL but don't worry I won't write any for the mod), although I do want to learn how to make models and textures.

I am a practitioner of Kenjutsu (The Art of the Japanese Sword) and have recently started Aikido/JuJutsu too so if you want to know anything about Japanese/Akaviri swords I'm probably your man.

I love History and Literature, I am a sapper in the Territorial Army, and I am also the frontman/MC of a hip-hop group.
My favorite bands/musicians are the Pixies, Radiohead, MC Frontalot, Aesop Rock and Massive Attack.
I like almost all genres of music, but my favorite is probably soul or Ska.

I am a bibliophile (I love old or bautiful books), and my oldest book was printed in 1819 (Marcus Aurelius' Meditations).

I only recently found this mod while I was browsing Reddit, and I thought I might lend a hand in some way and get to know the chaps and chapettes who are making this incredible mod.
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

We could actually do with some poetry (see the bottom of [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=20749&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=120]this page[/url]).

I think you might have to be a TR Modder to contribute literature, I'm not sure.
Flobblem

Post by Flobblem »

I'll have to put a showcase in and maybe then I can help you.
I'd be well up for it, though.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

you don't have to be a modder to contribute lit, we just don't promote for it as there is almost no demand for it.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Grey Fox

Post by Grey Fox »

I live in Columbus, OH. I occasionaly make mods but I don't really release the publicly(on PES or some other site) and am working on a mod right now for my showcase.
There is no method, only madness.