Map 2 NPC Claim #9 [Bloodthirsty Crustacean]

After an exterior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Issue resolved, it was an outdated CS. Despite this, currently working on real life things full-throttle right now, so weekly update timetable has been thrown off. Regularity will attempt to be reinstated in 3 weeks or so, like I said. Might squeeze in an update or two before then if I need the break.

and Hap, that was literally the amount of errors generated in one instant by trying to use an outdated CS. Wow. :P
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Sunday has passed, is this still moving according to schedule?
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Like I said, far too busy right now. In 2 weeks I'll be resuming normality of updates.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Sure would be nice to squeeze in one of those potential updates to start March off nicely ;-) No pressure, though.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

This file now has all Necrom NPCs in place. Not sure when and on what schedule dialoguing will begin; hopefully soon and regular. But it'll depend on other busynesses I have!
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP
(6.74 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Expanding off of Why's solid base, here is Necrom now with all misc dialogue. Wilderness aside, all that's needed now is unique flavour dialogue and quests.

On the latter note, now would be a great time to get a little last bit of help with planning, if anyone can help contribute with ideas. We already have a few (boat thing; drunk guy; wilderness farmers) so I'd say only one or two more good ones are needed for Necrom. Preferably in the Temple or Upper District, more high religion than low misc if possible.

Once the quests are planned and the dialogue fully finalized, the quests can be split off into smaller claims so that numerous modders can join in and get it done faster. If we still have people willing to help!
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP
(6.76 MiB) Downloaded 109 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

CCCCombo breaker before you announce 100% completion. :P

Fascinating. Seriously fascinating.

As for quest ideas... if a cabal of old-line ordinators to oust "scum" (younger Temple students, less-than-completely loyal shopkeepers, tourists, you) out of the city is too over-the-top, what about a traveler staying in Necrom (maybe a merchant; it should be a longer stay) being causelessly monitored by some ordinator, and asking the player to find out why?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

One quest that could do with planning is at least one to be given by a restless ghost in the Catacombs. If someone out there could prod Ada or gro-Dhal, if those guys are still circulating, that would be cool.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

I'm way ahead of you on that
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:One quest that could do with planning is at least one to be given by a restless ghost in the Catacombs. If someone out there could prod Ada or gro-Dhal, if those guys are still circulating, that would be cool.
The problem with ghost quests is, I think, that the only reason why Dunmer ghosts should give their quests to a foreign traveller instead of some reliable local is that their quest leads to some faraway place... but this would require a dependency on TR_Mainland (if not on newer TR maps which are not even in the Mainland yet). Is it okay if we (the questers) add a dependency on TR_Mainland? What if TR_Mainland is going to get changed?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Rather than getting a quest from a ghost, you could get the quest from someone who does quests for ghosts as the person is feeling ill/too busy/hated the dude when he was alive.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

You're the Nerevarine, just handwave it. Ghosts have far less need to make sense than actual NPCs.

gro-Dhal, awesome.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Dubble post for all flavour dialogue and wilderness done. I may add more flavour to taste with future updates, but for now I'm cool with this.

The next phase is quests: first the plans need to be assembled, then allocated to questers. Then we can set about making them, and at last I'll bring it all together and merge it all.

We do need people to help out with at least a couple more plans for Necrom quests (you know this is the part I hate, planning): as well as a ghostly catacomb one, there could also probably be something with the Inquisition (robed) Ordinators in the Temple compound. Upper District could probably use at least one as well.

I have yet to merge Arvis' quest, or the boat that needs Telvanni renegades.
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP
(6.79 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

How many quests are you looking for? I'm not sure if this would work better as a temple quest, but maybe you need to find one of those spirit guide people that wandered off? (the ones that guide lost spirits back to necrom/peace)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How about another one of those "go find our expeditionary forces and save them or report back about their dead bodies because we don't have the manpower to do it ourselves" type deal for the Ordinators?

Two of their order could've chased off some thieves/wanted criminals the other day/several hours ago, and haven't reported back.

They were last seen headed in X direction, but it might be worth asking some locals if they know anything about the criminals' activity in the region, in order to give you a better idea of where to begin your search.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Hap, I'll take that, nice tried and tested quest. There's actually a bunch of wilderness tombs that have some unexpectedly high levels of scripted elements that are just dieing for a quest like that.

So that's three with that; ghosts in the Catacombs; drinking citizen.

I think one more, something pilgrim-related for the Upper District, would be perfect.

Questers, would anyone out there want to take on one of these quests? If so, give me a shout here. Otherwise, I will begin to make my way through these myself.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I can grab the Catacombs' ghost quest, whatever gro / anyone of higher authority decides it shall be. I wouldn't even mind having a few in there personally - the more quests the better.

My idea was having a blind ghost (he was blind in the last few days of his life thus he was cursed to lose his sight in death) who can't tell that you're not a dunmer have a job for you. He was a brave retired warrior for an Indoril family, but only parts of his body was recovered (not enough for a bonewalker). He hates being denied the honor of defending his family's tomb as a bonewalker, thus he sends you to find his missing bones.

I'm thinking finding a far away cave (still in the claim) that has some form of daedra / monsters in it and having a small trail of bones leading up to the boss monster where she has the skull in her stomach.

In traditional TR fashion I could throw in a twist like "those weren't his bones but the bones of his non-dunmer wife he wanted consecrated next to him against the temple's rules"

Personally I like twist but I'm fine with just a straight up ghost quest.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The blind ghost cop out is unneeded (and imo makes less sense than the 'problem' it solves), just have him give the quest to the player.

I'll see what gro-Dhal comes up with and then decide how many catacombs ghost quests I want here.

Anyway, thanks for the input, I like the premise of the quest! Once we've got all the plans sorted out, then we can begin parceling out the claims. Hold off any work until that point! :)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

A Forgotten House

You meet a ghost hovering by one of the displayed skeletons who wants to speak to you. Her names is Salvarys Aryn, and she introduces herself as the matriarch and founder of the ancient House Salvarys, now extinct and unmourned. She might reminisce about her memories of the First Era, something like that.

Her House are now all dead, but her descendents have suffered from the corruption of their ancestral tomb by daedra (or a lich maybe). She was buried with honour at Necrom because of her importance but the remainder of her people can't find peace in their tomb. She asks you to take her skull (one of those creepy bandaged skulls) and give it as an offering to the shrine in the Salvarys Ancestral Tomb to allow her spirit to travel there and cleanse the place.

You could use an existing tomb if you like or make a new one, but what I thought would be cool would be a tomb with very low light levels so you'd have to use torches and night eye spells for a change. Might make things a bit more creepy.

Once you've fought your way to the shrine chamber (might need to make it a seperate cell) and given over the skull as an offering, the tomb is cleansed and all the torches are lit, and the monsters are gone. You could meet Salvarys one more time on the way out, when she'd give you the ancient symbol of her house which is worth lots of gold or has l33t powers.

Addendum: maybe the lich could be someone connected with her, like her last surviving descendent. That might be why she can't act directly against him herself.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

This one isn't for the catacombs:

Old Soldiers

At the war memorial in Necrom you meet an Indoril soldier, Vorith. He tells you that he has recently returned from campaigning against reavers on the coast, and that a lot of his comrades were killed. One in particular was a soldier named Udani with whom he was particularly close. Before he died Udani gave Vorith a token to return to his wife in Gah Ruhn, a ring and his sword. Vorith's duties mean he can't leave Necrom for the foreseeable future, but he entrusts these tokens to you to return to the widow, Drynase Udani.

Drynase lives in Gah Ruhn, but when you meet her she is clearly very old. If you offer her the tokens she is at first confused as her husband died many years ago, before revealing that her husband's full name was Vorith Udani. His body was never found, but she's relieved that his spirit found it's way to Necrom and rewards you. You never see Vorith again.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Yes, yes. Perfect. :)

There's a suitably creepy lichified tomb for the former quest already in the claim.

For the latter, is Gah Ruhn that place to the south on the Eastern coast, with the boat to Gorne? Firstly does it still have that name, and secondly will it be in the Sacred East release? If not, what other suitable small Indoril town can be used?

Mort, I'd like to use your catacomb quest as well - the actual enemy with the skull should be placed somewhere suitably distant outside this claim. Maybe up in Telvannis somewhere? Or further west, depending on how far west the forthcoming release is going to go.

I'll get the plans formalized and the claim file ready for work to begin as soon as I can; in the meantime if anyone has the inspiration to think of one other quest for the Upper District/something generally pilgrimy, then that would fill the city up nicely (given that this place is going to be the major attraction of the release).
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Concerning Gah Ruhn: no, that would be Enamor Dayn. I don't know where we left Gah Ruhn. We did rename it though.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Good, it's a horrible name
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Gah Ruhn was renamed to Othrensis like 3 years ago...

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Ah right; though Othrensis is definitely not in the coming release. Does Meralag make the cut? Where else Indoril that isn't Akamora is there?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Yes, Meralag, Akamora, the northern Lan Orethan plantations, and the big Dunmer Stronghold which is occupied by Indoril, are all Indoril locations in Sacred East, along with smaller places.

I personally think we could (not necessarily should) include A8 in our Sacred East release. It's near finished enough to do so, and to wait for Almalexia would keep it years out of the running possibly. It would also mean we get a number of extra Indoril settlements such as Gorne and Bosmora released.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Key problem is that yeti is (rightly) focused on his SE claim. Another problem is that such a change would make the almalexia release even smaller.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

While you're obviously correct on both points: Almalexia the city proper, and Othrensis, is more than enough to constitute a release.
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I agree with Aeven that it would certainly be enough of a release if yeti were to be able to finish up both his current SE claim and A8 and we added it to SE as well. Alm should really be enough to constitute a release by itself honestly, especially since we are redoing the damned thing.

Haplo Edit: M2A8 is part of Sacred East already.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

I think adding to the SE workload at this point would be... counterintuitive. :P

But let's keep that discussion out of this thread, if possible please.

If the small coastal Velothi village Seitur will be in the release, that has a perfect location (given a few tweaks) for the second gro-Dhal quest.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Here's the pre-questing Necrom file.

Important instructions:

in order to take one of these claims you will (if you're not me) not be working on the raw claim file. Instead, you should load it up not as the active plugin, and make and save your changes in a new .esp 'dependent' on my file. This minimizes merging errors. At the same time, it means you cannot modify or delete any existing items/dialogue/anything in my file: any such changes will have to be made by me once I merge in your finished file. So keep a list of any such changes you will need to make. Obviously, purely new material has no problem whatsoever in being merged. Only changes or deletions of existing data cannot be imported properly.

Remember that the CS will not automatically load up my base .esp, so you will have to manually select it (but remember not to set it as active) each time you re-load up your own file.

The available quests are as follows:

Bad Spirits

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Nm_Drunk
[if necessary] object/script IDs: TR_m2_q_A9_2_
Quest Giver: Rilam Arelas

Rilam Arelas is concerned about Nedim Fareloth, who hasn't been seen for a few days. She gives the player the key to his house. When the player finds him, it turns out he's suffering from a drunken hangover, and to add insult to injury is being haunted by ancestral spirits. The player on his/Rilam's advice should escort him out to the Shrine of the Lovers across the causeway, where he has a little meditate and gets the ancestors to lay off. Rilam thanks the player for snapping Nedim out of it.

A Missing Scout

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Nm_Scout
IDs: TR_m2_q_A9_3_
Quest Giver: Terlesi Othralas

Terlesi Othralas is an Ordinator of the Order of the Inquisition, staying in Necrom. She's very busy, but notes that one of her scouts hasn't returned from the Daedric ruin of Haddadamalu. Go there, report on his condition. Player goes there, he's dead, reports to Othralas.

[if anyone wants to invent any twists or embellishments for this one, be my guest: otherwise, it's just showcasing a nice waterfally Daedric ruin]

Old Soldiers

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Nm_Vorith
IDs: TR_m2_q_A9_4_
Quest Giver: Vorith

At the shrine for the Ordinators in Necrom Upper District you meet an Indoril soldier, Vorith. He tells you that he has recently returned from campaigning against reavers on the coast, and that a lot of his comrades were killed. One in particular was a soldier named Udani with whom he was particularly close. Before he died Udani gave Vorith a token to return to his wife in Seitur, a ring and his sword. Vorith's duties mean he can't leave Necrom for the foreseeable future, but he entrusts these tokens to you to return to the widow, Emeni Udani.

Emeni lives in Seitur, but when you meet her she is clearly very old. If you offer her the tokens she is at first confused as her husband died many years ago, before revealing that her husband's full name was Vorith Udani. His body was never found, but she's relieved that his spirit found it's way to Necrom and rewards you. You never see Vorith again.

When TR_Mainland is fully merged, Emeni Rethri in Seitur should be replaced with Emeni Udani from this file, her house should be renamed, and her Background dialogue option should be deleted.

A Forgotten House

Journal Entry: TR_m2_Nm_House
IDs: TR_m2_q_A9_5_
Questgiver: TR_m2_ghost_Dhal

You meet a ghost hovering by one of the displayed skeletons who wants to speak to you. She says her name is Salvarys Aryn, and she introduces herself as the matriarch and founder of the ancient House Salvarys, now extinct and unmourned. She might reminisce about her memories of the First Era, something like that.

Her House are now all dead, but her descendents have suffered from the corruption of their ancestral tomb by daedra (or a lich maybe). She was buried with honour at Necrom because of her importance but the remainder of her people can't find peace in their tomb. She asks you to take her skull (one of those creepy bandaged skulls) and give it as an offering to the shrine in the Salvarys Ancestral Tomb to allow her spirit to travel there and cleanse the place.

Salvarys Tomb is to be found out on an isolated island, and it's got some moderately complex (and infuriatingly uncommented) scripts inside already.

Once you've fought your way to the shrine chamber (might need to make it a seperate cell) and given over the skull as an offering, the tomb is cleansed and all the torches are lit, and the monsters are gone. You meet Salvarys one more time on the way out, when she'd give you the ancient symbol of her house which is worth lots of gold or has l33t powers.

Quester, use the existing int and your own imagination to make this quest work to its best potential.

Honor the Ancestors

Journal TR_m2_Nm_Walker
IDs: TR_m2_q_A9_6_
Questgiver: TR_m2_ghost_Mort

Ghost in one of the deepest parts of the Catacombs (in a chamber off the cave sections) was a brave retired warrior for an Indoril family, but only parts of his body was recovered (not enough for a bonewalker). He hates being denied the honor of defending his family's tomb as a bonewalker, thus he sends you to find his missing bones.

Player goes to [quester chooses suitably cool/hard but unused location in Map 1/2] and at the end finds a boss Daedroth with the skull in its inventory. Quester creates this creature, but it is only placed by merger to Mainland.

I'll take the Drunk guy and the Scout and Vorith; Mort, do you still want to take those two in the Catacombs? You're welcome to do so. :)

Between us we should get this finished up sharpish. Try and stick to the (at least) weekly updates here, please. There's no point splitting these claims if we don't get it finished faster!
Attachments
TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP
(6.85 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I'll take the last quest, Honor the Ancestors for now, if I have time and I finish this expediently I'll grab the other Catacomb's quest as well :)

But by all means if someone wants A Forgotten House it's all yours.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Thanks, BC, for the lightning-fast progress! I guess I could help with the Salvarys tomb scripts.

So we have two quests about taking a skull from A to B? I am kind of unconvinced of this being MW-style. But as I have nothing better to propose, I can't really say anything against it.

Now that we can use maps 1/2 for quest locations, I assume we can resurrect that old quest idea about the Sacred Lands Sanctuary, where an ordinator-in-training is waiting for a ghost he called to arrive, but the ghost is stuck somewhere far away (in Telvanni lands, presumably being captivated by a necromancer spell). I could probably implement such a thing - but I'd like to know about the lore implications first. Working title: Eternal Wait.

(Note to self or anyone else who is making this quest: 1. don't use necromancers already in the Mainland, since they might be dead when the player takes the quest; rather, add new necromancers upon quest acception; 2. after quest fulfillment, give an additional objective to the player to deliver some offering into the catacombs for the ordinator; this should bring the player into the vicinity of some of the questgiving ghosts.)

What is happening to the corpse ship and the corresponding quest?

I see the Bronze Admiral (ship at 47, -13) has been merged (although without the cabin), but what is the point of this ship? Still some rogue Telvanni? In which case, what is their point? A shipment of alchemy ingredients from the Telvanni lands? I am horribly uncreative as it comes to this ship, or at least there is no idea about it I'm able to bring to a reasonable conclusion. I thought that the Telvanni have been sent (by one of their absent-minded masters) to spy on something Temple-related, but they were given encrypted orders and noone among them has managed to decrypt them, which rendered their quest hopeless and they just settled in the Dunmer ruin. But this seems kind of stupid to me.

The shipwrea^Hck can probably be axed?

-----

Let me repeat some stuff-to-be-fixed from previous posts and add some more:

The garden of the Acre of Saint Meris should be detailed (cell 39, -13). This should be like 5 minutes of work for anyone not completely new to exterior design.

What do you think of putting a couple of Dwemer chests with loot beneath the ex_dwrv_statue00 (or even behind the rhombus-formed hole) at TR9_Sacred Land Region (46,-14) 383070 -113958 3894 ? It's only reachable with levitation or lots of jumping, so I think the loot can be moderately good non-random [unique even] loot.

I have been assaulted by a Dridrea Matriarch near Necrom. Guise, really, it's time to fix the leveled lists.

2/17/2012 (19:10) TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 2/12/2012 (02:10) skraeling Terrain_rocks_GL_01 TR9_Sacred Land Region (39,-13) 326151 -105091 305 "slightly caspering if you look from west and also if you look from east"

[now I'm quoting Why:] There's an unlinked cell called "Necrom, Faladas Siallo: Clothier" - this one was taken from the former foreign quarter, and I'd very much like it if it was incorporated in the area around the charnelworks somewhere, to bring some life to the area. After all, people live here, even if it's on top of the city of the dead.

Why is an In_Lava_Blacksquare hovering above the ceiling of Necrom, Relor Savani's House?

Dialogue "destination" mentions Necrom Lighthouse. Obsolete?

In cell (38, -10), Static ex_velothi_temple_02 [coordinates 314272, -77854, 607] caspers against the left wall of the sanctuary (that's the Sacred Lands Sanctuary). I can't fix this; whatever I do (moving, scaling down, etc.) always either caspers against the wall or floats above ground. I am bad at editing landscape. Maybe remove that static altogether?

Should we place some small loot (gauntlets, amulets) in int cell "TR9_Tariviel Ancestral Tomb" near the Light light_velothi_brazier_177 [coordinates 5488, 2400, 13712]?

3/26/2012 (20:54) TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/26/2012 (18:50) skraeling flora_wickwheat_01 TR9_Sacred Land Region (41,-15) 343010 -115695 556 "floater"

3/30/2012 (13:51) TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/30/2012 (13:24) skraeling chest_small_01_pos Necrom, Hall of Contemplation 132 -2500 1500 "floater"

3/30/2012 (14:01) TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/30/2012 (13:24) skraeling Terrain_rocks_WG_01 TR9_Sea of Ghosts Region (41,-10) 340987 -79241 378 "floater"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Fetch quests are a time-honoured RPG tradition. :P These ones showcase interesting locations, and tell the player about what the story is we're trying to tell. So I'm cool with them.

I don't really like the idea of the ghost losing quest? Personally, as this is still my claim, I wouldn't use that. But if other people love it...!

The ship I'm going to deal with once all quests are done.

The shipwreck I planted a boulder through its only accessible door.

I think the garden of St. Meris is meant to be an untilled field? 'This space intentionally left blank'

Will get on fixing all those other bugs before my next file; thanks! :)

On the places for chests, when the next Mainland file is assembled, I might put in more of those chests which are scattered across Map 1 which TR's 'random' keys open. One can go there.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Nerano
Developer

Post by Nerano »

arvisrend wrote:Why is an In_Lava_Blacksquare hovering above the ceiling of Necrom, Relor Savani's House?
The two unusual placed TR_in_nec_doorjamb_01's are sticking out of the interior shell and the lava blacksquare hides this flaw on the local map.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

AH it's there for map purposes!! I'd never have thought of that (and I'd have removed such a thing were I reviewing that cell)... This really should be said in interior tutorials.

Why should the garden of St. Meris be untilled? I'm asking. It might make sense from a religious perspective; I just never thought of it that way. In any case, some benches and barrels maybe? A lectern?

I don't like the idea of random keys; I think a chest hidden that well doesn't have to be script-locked...
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/30/2012 (13:24) skraeling Terrain_rocks_WG_02 TR9_Mephalain Mountains Region (38,-11) 316296 -88072 449 "kinda caspering (look from NEE)"

TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/30/2012 (13:24) skraeling Terrain_rocks_GL_01 TR9_Sacred Land Region (40,-14) 330651 -112787 586 "very slighly caspering (look from NE)"

TR_Map_2_Section_9.ESP 3/30/2012 (13:24) skraeling TR_bk_i2-25_Temple-corpse-prep Necrom, Charnelworks Mortuary 842 4 402 "the text in this book is wrong (both grammar and spelling)"
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Just to note guys, I'm out of internet access til next Wednesday, but will still be working on those quests.

If Mort or anyone else wants to take that last unclaimed quest, that's fine, and would be very helpful!

Also, if anyone has any ideas for one more pilgrim quest, that'd be cool but not necessary.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

I'll take the A Forgotten House quest!

Instead of a skull I'd use a pile of ashes.
From what I've seen of the tomb, the connection to the shrine int could become problematic, I'll see what I can do.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Great news. I'd prefer if the banded skull was kept for this one; the shrine can just be placed in the existing int, or you can make a new section if you wish. For the shrine I'd use an activatable velothi altar.

Remember that the existing tomb has some scripted elements already that may need tweaking. And a boss enemy should be placed.

Anyway, have fun with it -and remember, weekly updates, please, at least.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals