5-29-Red

Claimed Exteriors are found here. Please post your progress here.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

5-29-Red

Post by Nemon »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-29-Red (#2448)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: cookie16
Files: TR_5-29-Red_Silvone Elestahr_1.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Silvone Elestahr_2.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Sir Dave_1.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Sir Dave_2.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Sir Dave_3.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Sir Dave_4.esp; TR_5-29-Red_Sir Dave_5.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_1.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_2.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_3.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_4.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_5.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_6.esp; TR_5-29-Red_cookie16_7.esp

---

Uld Vraech, wilderness

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferrably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is ok for cleaning.

5-29 should continue the snow/icy style of 5-11, as well as the BM somewhat greener style of 5-28. Note, however, that this is the transition to the all snow-no-matter-the-altitude parts of the Uld Vraech. It might be tricky but do ask for help if needed for this transition to make sense.

Feel free to add caves and some small houses here and there, with either the skyrim set or the (unscripted) colony set.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers. Some roads are a little "off" in the Uld Vraech part, but the merged map file has the layout we're aiming for.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4s.jpg[/img][/url]
Clicky me...

Note that the road in this picture is not to be added to the claim.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Post by Silvone Elestahr »

I would like to take a try at this. I am a bit rusty with exterior work, but my real problem was always with raising the land. With the height map, that won't be a problem.

Pretty much, there isn't that much interesting about this section of land. So... I realize that I have to make something naturally interesting. Not much in mind yet; I will probably come up with something as I take a better look at the land and start placing objects. If there are any houses, they will be along the coast.

I've already taken a look at the cells, so I do have some ideas to go with.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

It's not often I grant claims to modders who's been here longer than I :) .

Granted! DL the heightmap file here if not done already: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 (attachment of Feb 24th).

Although the overview picture shows a road leading into 5-10, that idea has been scrapped. Large looming cliffs bar any chance of entering 5-10 from this side. Make sure to have a look at earlier claims to get a feel of it.
Hells
Developer

Post by Hells »

Hi Silvone, I uploaded 5-10 with wilderness areas done ( http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11752 ), could be helpful when detailing bordering cells;)

Good luck with your claim!
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Awesome! Thank you, Hells. I'm sure it will help a lot!
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

How is this coming along? Ok working on a somewhat premade area?
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I've run into numerous problems that I haven't really had the time to mess with. First of all, every time I try to load something in Tesame, it stops responding. I've tried downloading it again, but it doesn't change. Also, I can't get the long, long stream of dialogue error messages to go away. I know how to change the ini file, because I've been doing it for years. But with Windows 8, I just can't seem to make it go away. Not a real problem... however it does keep me, in my laziest moods, from bothering to even load the CS. I've also just been pretty busy with RL.

I would like to hold onto this for another month. If you have any suggestions for those problems, that will probably help. Otherwise, I might just drop this next month. I would like to play around with it a bit more though.

I really like playing around with a pre-landscaped area. Gives me more freedom to mess around with the details, and not have to worry about the land itself. I understand that the land isn't perfect, and there are a few areas I would like to fix, but overall the landscaping work is done, so that is nice.
37: Rejoice as TeeAr rebuilds these lands that have been ravaged by war and famine. May those who STand in his way be smited by his many hands in an unrelenting torment.
-Noirgrim
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You're referring to error messages that normally you would avoid by clicking "Cancel" ?

Also, have you tried simply waiting for TESAME to load? For larger .esps it will often take up to a minute to load for me, with 8GB of RAM.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Silvone Elestahr wrote:I've run into numerous problems that I haven't really had the time to mess with. First of all, every time I try to load something in Tesame, it stops responding. I've tried downloading it again, but it doesn't change. Also, I can't get the long, long stream of dialogue error messages to go away. I know how to change the ini file, because I've been doing it for years. But with Windows 8, I just can't seem to make it go away. Not a real problem... however it does keep me, in my laziest moods, from bothering to even load the CS. I've also just been pretty busy with RL.
I don't have much of an idea about Win8, but is it possible that your game is installed in your Program Files folder hierarchy and UAC is virtualizing away the INI file? In that case, uninstall it and reinstall it somewhere else.

On the TESAME issue, yeah, it's damn slow. Depending on what I'd like to do with it, I tend to use tes3cmd instead when possible.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I have updated my claim with the most recent file. I believe that I have cleaned it properly, but please let me know if I haven't. I would not say it is yet at 10 percent even... so I didn't place it there :)

No vertex shading or textures have been done yet. I'd prefer to save that until I am nearing completion. A lot of things might change by then.

I am, however, having a LOT of fun with this :)
-Noirgrim
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Looks nice! Don't forget to check out the TR_terrain_BM_scliff_01 through 06 statics, they are very usefull cliff+snow statics.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I guess I missed those... I will certainly check those out. Thanks!

Edit: Those models have worked tremendously well! Thank you for pointing them out to me.
-Noirgrim
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

I've uploaded a new file, using the snow cliff statics that Nemon suggested. If anyone has the time, just go through the small part I've detailed and let me know what you think: using too many or too few statics, not properly grouping statics together, etc. I just want to be on the right track before I get too far into this (being my first exterior and all). Thanks!

Again, I have not done any vertex shading, though I have changed the textures in two small spots, manipulating where I think the snow would be, and where it should be blocked by rocks. I think it turned out alright.
-Noirgrim
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Please update claim.
Silvone Elestahr
Developer

Please revoke.
-Noirgrim
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked per Modder request.
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Since 5-17 is nearly finished, I would like to claim this one. I'd add some farms, maybe fishermans houses along the coast and some caves to go with it all.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Granted.

Feel free to either continue on Silvone's most recent file or start from the base file.

Fisherman's houses sure, farms? Check the soil first, might be too cold :) . But lumber stuff is big business in this region. Have fun!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

A bit off-topic, Nemon, but on the topic of industry up north here, what about some fur business? This is probably the only region in Morrowind where thick furs can be had in any kind of supply. It might be a popular thing among individuals to do or just a way for loggers to supplement their income?

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

That is a great idea, haphap!
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Perhaps too late since it'd need retexturing, but if makeshifting doesn't cut it you might be interested in that ? [url=http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/42380//?]lumber mill resource[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

More than one month since last file, any updates on this, Sire?
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

I have.

Due to my RL being quite busy lately this one has been going slowly. I'll have more time available to work on it soon.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Hi Sir Dave, any news to report on this one? It's been two months (!) since your last update.

Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Look closer, my last update was october 31st ;)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any updates on this one, sire? You've probably noticed the core changes, so Swiftoak will be haunting you from now on :) .
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Oh Noez! The ghost of Exteriors past! RUN!

Nah, it's cool, I'm content with your hauntings for now. The exteriors department is rather a lonely place this time of year....and you make a far better ghost than I? :P Friendly ghosts are always welcome here in my house. Friendly ghosts who claim stuff are even more welcome.... :)

Anyways Sir Dave, a new file would be nice, or just tell us you're still around!
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Hello my new liege of exteriors!

The holiday season has been busy for me, but I've got a new file anyway.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Good ser, how art thou?

Have you a file or any progress? Fear not a revoke or one-month updateness (esp. since I haven't done shit on my claim for months). I am simply checking to see if things are okay!
-Hippocrates
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Things are going really slowly on my end due to constant rl interference. I don't know if I should keep this claimed or not, if you know someone who has time to work on this, I'd say, give the claim to that person because I don't expect to make quick progress on this one for at least a few months.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Ahh, I feel you there. These are busy times my friend!

I'm totally willing to let you take a few months on this, because you do great work. And it's understandable. We do have a new developer looking for exterior work, so if you don't forsee finishing this, I can always give it to him, though this claim is definitely not high priority, so it's your call. :)
-Hippocrates
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Well, in that case I'll give it a shot. If things really go bad I'll ask for a revoke.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Your coming up on the one month update time, Sir Dave. Have you done any additional work on this?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Sir Dave
Developer

Post by Sir Dave »

Revoke this, I have no time to do any work on this anymore.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

revoked by request
cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

Before I claim this I got a question.
Is there suppose to be two 5-17_Red cells is the newest file posted by Sir Dave?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Often modders will load up adjacent claims for border matching and some cells will be left over. Unless there's some agreement between you and the claimant of 5-17, consider them dirty cells to be cleaned out before you submit your final product.

cookie16
Developer

Post by cookie16 »

Oops, forgot to hit the claim button.
I will continue with what Sir Dave has already done.

I got a question, I am working along the border of 5-10. but the merge map 5 file linked in the header has almost nothing done. Am I aloud to download 5-10 even though its still WIP and use that for border matching instead?
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Yeah, we highly recommend border downloading other modders' work for border matching. The merged file isn't always up to date so please do download separate esp's.