Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

5-30-Red

Post by Swiftoak »

Claim type: Exterior
Claim ID: TR_5-30-Red (#2449)
Faction: Redoran
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_5-30-Red_Nemon_2.esp; TR_5-30-Red_Swiftoak Woodwarrior_1.esp; TR_5-30-Red_alex25_1.esp

---

Uld Vraech, wilderness, village, main and side roads.

Please download the merged map 5, meshes and textures found here: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=19347 - and work from the esp. Smooth/fix and change landscape if necessary, preferrably not so much at claim borders.

Note that cleaning irrelevant cells may create land tears, so backup your work regularly and often. It is advisable to keep neighboring claim cells while working on your claim IF they are in a acceptable finished state, as to keep static/texture/style consistency in our work. If in doubt, look to earlier finished claims for reference.

The program TESAME is ok for cleaning.

5-30 should continue the snow/icy style of neighboring 5-11, creating a hostile and cold environment. Not so heavy on the ice though, we're saving the most part of that for the eastern parts.

This claim features a lot of roads, make sure to make them detailed, see 5-6 and 5-11 for reference. The Redoran settlement Shneif is situated in this claim, with trade and mining as their main sources of income.
A few caves should be made as well. These are the alpine parts of the Velothi Mountains, much snow is to be expected, covering stuff.
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

See this picture for regional borders, roads and rivers. Some roads are a little "off" in the Uld Vraech part, but the merged map file has the layout we're aiming for.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/4bpa4s.jpg[/img][/url]
Clicky me...

Shneif, a dunmer settlement serving as a crossroad station for caravans going either north, west or south. The local inn offers a variety of beverages and one can even find a house of earthly delights in this little village. Main trade: Mining, several mines nearby. NPCs: Dunmer, some nords. Architecture: Redoran.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Claiming!

Lots of snow, ice and rock in the same style as 5-11 (but without the water). Shneif's size will be somewhere between 6 and 10 buildings all other interiors being either caves or nordic tombs.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Grunt. As per recent irc chat, one nordic tomb is okay here, just make sure it's placed somewhat not easy to access (since this claim has quite a few roads that means there's less desolated areas than a claim without many roads).

NB; make sure to check the latest tr data, I've used wrongly named meshes for the stuff I've made so far, need to do a quick search and replace later.

Update, just had a look at the file provided in the heightmap, this one is fairly developed. Just make sure to smooth stuff, and feel free to tinker with the landscape as you see fit, as long as you don't change claim borders. 5-11 should serve as a brilliant reference on statics and stuff. Have fun!
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I want Shneif to be a predominantly Nordic village, with one Redoran manor and a small Redoran guard tower. Also I want the Nordic tomb to be near the town and easily seen from the road, preferably near the southern road, and use the Dunmeri-desecrated standing stones. I'll elaborate later tonight. Posting this now so that I don't forget about it.

In short, this is the place where the Dunmeri oppression of the native Nords is most evident.

Haplo Edit: 20 hours later...*cricket*
Nemon Edit: The following weekend... *tumbleweed *
Haplo Edit: Long Time Later... *prairie dogs appear*
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Update. Most of the large statics have been placed and the overall claim layout is done. What isn't (yet) done are the detailing and shading
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

ACHTUNG!

Download these meshes: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/download.php?id=21003

And make sure to implement them in your claim. They are extreeemely useful for lots of areas in your claim. Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, as they would have made certain setups both easier to do and look more natural.

Edit; looks good, do keep in mind that we need to emphasize snow coverage to a certain extent, meaning bare rock facing upwards is a no no the higher altitude you get to.
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

These new meshes are great! They'll certainly save me a lot of work.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Happy 2013, any updates on this claim here?
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

I didn't manage to make a lot of progress during the holidays but I'll update this week.

EDIT: OR PERHAPS THIS WEEK
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Sure hope so :) .
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Updated TR_data and the nordic buildings are gone. Did something change recently?

Anyway I'm tweaking parts of the layout today so expect an update tomorrow... or the day after that... or the day after the day after... :oops: :slavedriver:
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

In the latest esm they're still there, TR_Ex_Nord_H_01_01 and so on...
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Any update now? It's been a while...
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Updates?
alex25
Developer

Post by alex25 »

Sorry! I'll update later today.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Although we're light years away from a release, it's been two months since the last file update. I'm eager to see the progress on this one since the last file showed so much promise.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Update!
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Update within Sunday, or this is revoked.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Revoked then.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Claiming.

Will continue style of neighboring claims, include a few caves and a house or two, roads detailed etc.

What is the current state of Shneif (or whatever we call it now)? Drop, keep, what size, style?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm in favor of having something introductory to the Uld Vraech here, not too large, but a shitty mistreated Nordic hamlet under Redoran oppression would be nice, or a ruined Nordic barrows covered in Dunmer graffiti, or both. Not my call though.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I believe the final consensus [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23525&start=40]here[/url] was that Shneif should only be a small collection of fisherman's huts.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I thought this was the area directly north of the Gargen Huul claim and didn't include any water? I could be wrong, with the claim map being down due to the maintenance and all that.

edit: yup, as far as I can tell this is definitely not a watery claim and you're thinking about one of the northern villages. Anyhow, I don't feel strongly about having a village here but I would really love a barrow desecrated by Dunmer.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Not granting. (granting)

Have fun.

:P
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Busy life, but some stuff done so far. File uploaded, including neighboring claims atm. The intersection has turned into a crevice like area, sheltered from the harsh winds of Uld Vraech.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Cool story bro.

Needs moar cone spruces though thinks me. I'd sorta use less of those BM pines and more of Ada's sexy cone sprucez. Maybe around here there should be 50/50 or even 75/25 conespruce:pine ratio? Worry not about surrounding claims. We can come back and swap the pines for cone spruces later. I think it will be cool to have something to distinguish this area from your typical Skyrim landscape. And did I mention how sexy those cone spruces are?

Besides that, loving it. Another Nemon masterpiece in the making.
-Hippocrates
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

I've started cone sprucing up this place, replacing 90% of the ordinary BM trees with our exotic stuff. Not that much other things to report.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Nothing new since last time, busy preparing for math exam later this spring+work+stuff.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How did your math exam go, Nemon? Have you made any further headway on this yet?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Wow. Such time. Little progress. Very update.

Dropping this one off for now so someone else can work on it, I just finished my math exam yesterday and it's been a busy spring for me. The next couple of months will be spent selling our house, packing up and starting a new and cooler chapter back home in Bergen. The missus just finished her engineering degree and now it's my turn to get one :) . So revoke this and have the kids play around with it. I've done quite the changes to the intersection trade post, it should have quite a feel to it now.

Note that the claim update file also includes some surrounding claims, it's convenient while working on it.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Fixed to replace scripted instances of mortag glacier. IMO this mesh is too regognizeable and has a high polycount, so if we want icebergs, we should eventually phase them out with our own meshes later on. This can be worried about later.

Uploaded fix at top, use my file.

PS: Sorry Nemon, I cleaned the surrounding claims since I was using the file for a merge, and I didn't see your post beforehand. It shouldn't be too hard to load the adjacent claims up again for convenience.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

La derp, cleaned a dirty cell for the alpha merge, use mah file.
-Hippocrates
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Locking, work on this will continue once we have the section planned, and quite possibly with a new claims-system.