TR_Mainland Scripts/Quests/NPC Error reporting

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

TR_Mainland Scripts/Quests/NPC Error reporting

Post by Haplo »

This thread is for reporting any errors you may find in the scripts, quests, or the NPCs of TR_Mainland.
Please tell us about any typos, grammar mistakes, lore inaccuracies, illogical NPC setup or AI or other issues.
Please give as much info as possible.

Please use this format for posting errors:

----------------------
NPC: Please tell us the name of the NPC you found the error in, along with their location
Topic: For dialogue errors, please mention what topic the error was found in. Otherwise, just give the type: equipment/AI/etc
Error: Report the error here.
----------------------

For example,

----------------------
NPC: Eldale (Gah Sadrith, Eldale's chambers)
Error: she gives my Dunmer character this greeting: "Greetings, Khajiit"
----------------------

----------------------
Cell: Senillos Tulnus (Firewatch Palace, Knight Brother's quarters)
Error: He attacks my PC even though i haven't commited a crime.
-----------------------

It can be very helpful to use Morrowind's beta comment function to report errors. To enable this function, simply open up Morrowind.ini and find the line:

BetaCommentFile=

Change this to:

BetaCommentFile=BetaComment.txt
(You can name it anyting you want, as long as it has the proper extension)

Then when you see an error, open up the console, click on the object (you should see it's ID in the title bar), and type

bc "This is wrong"
or something similar
A log will be created stating the time, place, exact position, cell, and your comment.

Please don't write your bug reports in boldface. We use boldface to mark bug reports that are already fixed. If you post yours in boldface, then we will think it is fixed already and won't fix it.
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Old posts moved here.

Code: Select all

2/10/2010 (20:36)   TR_Map2.esm   11/29/2008 (13:37)   Art   TR_m2_kmlz_chan   Kemel-Ze, Karkanch   -31   -1950   7044   "if you start the script for moving this and then leave and re-enter the cell, it's position and movements get moved over, i.e. it ends up inside the switch platform"   
2/10/2010 (20:37)   TR_Map2.esm   11/29/2008 (13:37)   Art   TR_m2_kmlz_mixer_1   Kemel-Ze, Karkanch   -321   -20   5796   "if you start the script for moving this and then leave and re-enter the cell, it's position and movements get moved over, i.e. it ends up inside their starting platform"   
2/10/2010 (20:37)   TR_Map2.esm   11/29/2008 (13:37)   Art   TR_m2_kmlz_mixer_2   Kemel-Ze, Karkanch   255   -21   5796   "if you start the script for moving this and then leave and re-enter the cell, it's position and movements get moved over, i.e. it ends up inside their starting platform"   
pull one of the levers, wait 2 seconds, leave and re-enter karkanch, and I think the bug will be easy to see.
---

(not really sure where to put this one...)
Got a journal entry saying that "I found the guar thief and slew him. I should report this to the guard at Ashamul," when I have yet to even set foot in Ashamul.

---

I doubt things below are intended, so I hope this may be of use.

scripts: TR_m2_flingsscalesscript, TR_m2_gakken_gro-gayashscript, TR_m2_hascolmscript, TR_m2_hascolmscript, TR_m2_hermahomelessscript, TR_m2_martiaveluriusscript, TR_m2_staronscript, TR_m2_torusmalidusscript

issue:

if ( TR_Map == 2 )
	return
endif
set TR_Map to 2
at top of code disable in practice any code below
soulution:
move block at end of script or (better, position independent) change it to

if ( TR_Map != 2 )
	set TR_Map to 2
endif
scripts: TR_m2_Amariemertotscript, TR_m2_darrissscript, TR_m2_denegilscript, TR_m2_dro_datoscript, TR_m2_grath_gro-gakkashscript (by the way, you should never use - inside script names), TR_m2_khadba_gro-magalscript, TR_m2_kiseerascript, TR_m2_sameravarrusscript, TR_m2_sathasmarvaynscript, TR_m2_tereemeetscript, TR_m2_Tirandusnescascript, TR_m2_waylorscript

issue:

if ( CellChanged == 0 )
    Return
endif
on top is probably making any other true for single frame functions like OnDeath below fail

solution: move OnDeath and any other single frame functions before cellchanged block

Keep up the great work!
-abot
[EDIT]copy/paste fixed, moved attachment comment to main text

Attached changes below if you like.

if you like.
TR_Map2AS_Scripts.mws = original
TR_Map2_Scripts.mws = fixed

- compare/keep what changes you like with for instance http://winmerge.org/

- copy TR_Map2.esm to TR_Map2.esp using Mash/Copy to .esp

- load fixed scripts using Mash/Import/Script

- load TR_Map2.esp in TESCS, recompile all

- copy back TR_Map2.esp to TR_Map2.esm using Mash/Copy to .esm
Attachments
scripts.7z
(16.89 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Vocal Lurker

Post by Vocal Lurker »

6/7/2012 (01:23) Akamora, Miner's Club 3820 3690 15176 "Miner's Club, Akamora - Cell is empty"

6/7/2012 (01:37) TR_ind_guard00000007 Erethan Plantation ( 31,-8 ) 259908 -62026 151 "guards don't attack when wild creatures approach [nix hound]"
Kayden

Post by Kayden »

I can't do the Helnim thieves guild quests, I've done everything for the firewatch TG quests yet I can't get the Helnim one, theres no dialogue option or anything.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The Firewatch guild boss is supposed to tell you to go to the Red Drake Inn and find a TG member there. Try talking to the bard Valtio.
Kayden

Post by Kayden »

Yea I know but when I do Valtio doesn't give any options, I checked each dialogue topic.
Kanil

Post by Kanil »

One thing I've noticed about in the Nedothril coast and the south-east portion of Sacred East in general -- possibly other areas as well, but I noticed it here first.

All the hostile NPCs seem to have 100 fight. It makes it difficult to calm them, then raise their disposition sufficiently to the point that they won't attack you. I believe NPCs on Vvardenfell usually have 90 fight.

Is this done on purpose? I can see in some cases certain NPCs might be hell bent on killing you (an assassin I found in a ruin probably wouldn't be interested in me knowing where she's living) but others could probably be reasoned with (some cultists of Azura, bandit lookouts outside a cave.)

I'm not sure if it was simply overlooked, if it's just a coincidence that all the NPCs I've found have reasonable justifications for their 100 fight, or if it's a design decision... I don't think calm/persuade is exactly overpowered, but maybe?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'd say this was probably a case of it being overlooked.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

I think the NPCing guidelines say that baddies should have a fight value of 100. Perhaps this could be looked at, as I'm pretty sure that a fight of 100 is uncommon in vanilla.
bmorel

Post by bmorel »

----------------------
NPC: Please tell us the name of the NPC you found the error in, along with their location
Topic: For dialogue errors, please mention what topic the error was found in. Otherwise, just give the type: equipment/AI/etc
Error: Report the error here.
----------------------

----------------------
NPC: Fillim ( Helnim, Valvius Matius: Pawnbroker )
Topic: greeting
Error: in greetings, he explain that he is a traitor then attack, but: 1) quest log is not updated 2) if I attack him, I am expelled and have a bounty of 40 septims
----------------------

----------------------
npc: Silniel the maven ( Firewatch, The Howling Noose )
Topic: jobs/herne's soul (I am not sure which one exactly is the bugged one... )
Error: after having gave her the quest item (a soul gem with a herne's soul in it) and having rewarded, she said me that I was not able to locate that soulgem. So it is no longer possible to have jobs from her.
----------------------
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

bmorel wrote:----------------------
npc: Silniel the maven ( Firewatch, The Howling Noose )
Topic: jobs/herne's soul (I am not sure which one exactly is the bugged one... )
Error: after having gave her the quest item (a soul gem with a herne's soul in it) and having rewarded, she said me that I was not able to locate that soulgem. So it is no longer possible to have jobs from her.
----------------------
Thanks for letting us know; that dialouge has to be fixed. Anyway you're not missing anything: there are no further quests from Silniel after Herne's Soul.
Malchik

Various

Post by Malchik »

I apologise if these have been raised elsewhere but it is hard to know what to search under!

I note that the miners in the latest release call themselves Egg miners even when they are in mineral mines.

In some tunnels I have a problem getting through without using the TCL command. Most recently this was in the sunken vaults in Boethiah's shrine Hassusomethingorother near Alt Bosara. It was part of the way down from the entrance to the vault itself.

The cave of Nassurdanami can be entered but the cave door merely turns when you try to exit and there is no way out.

Outside the cave just SW of Fort Windmoth (Ernaberinsu?) has three strange white shapes (a bit like books) in the landscape outside the entrance. This may be the result of a mod I am using but I mention it anyway.

Cheers
Malchik

Dialogue changes needed? End quest marker missing.

Post by Malchik »

On the Hunting Twilight quest Hartise tells you the Twilight has fled taking the north fork off the road leading east out of Helnim. The journal correctly says it fled to Galseah caverns.

In the Telvanni Library a scout refers to The Dragon's Nest, a hotel in a tree between Akamora and Dun Akafell. No such place exists. There is some indication one was started. Probably she should refer now to The Inn Between?
Also several people talk of training being offered by the magisters. As far as I could see no training was offered.

The map 3 quest Save a Prayer can be started in Sailen or Evos. If started and completed in Evos there is no acknowledgement from Ethani Balvel that you have helped her son. In either case there is no end quest marker so it remains open in the journal.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Dialogue changes needed? End quest marker missing.

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:On the Hunting Twilight quest Hartise tells you the Twilight has fled taking the north fork off the road leading east out of Helnim. The journal correctly says it fled to Galseah caverns.
Good point, thanks. Fixed.
Malchik wrote:In the Telvanni Library a scout refers to The Dragon's Nest, a hotel in a tree between Akamora and Dun Akafell. No such place exists. There is some indication one was started. Probably she should refer now to The Inn Between? Also several people talk of training being offered by the magisters. As far as I could see no training was offered.
The Telvanni library is basically an absurdity that will eventually be removed from the game... so, you are right, but this is probably not something we are going to fix.

I've changed the dialogue about the Dragon's Nest, though; that was an easy edit.
Malchik wrote:The map 3 quest Save a Prayer can be started in Sailen or Evos. If started and completed in Evos there is no acknowledgement from Ethani Balvel that you have helped her son. In either case there is no end quest marker so it remains open in the journal.
Looks like the second of your bug reports has already been fixed (about the quest remaining in the journal), although I'm not sure whether it was done in 1.1 or the current internal version. About the first one, I assume I'll fix this with the next update. Thanks again for the report.
Last edited by arvisrend on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malchik

Originally posted elsewhere probably wrongly mea culpa.

Post by Malchik »

Some probs re quests

1. Is it possible to find Thunderstrike to complete Which Witch? It is not shown as being in game in the CS. Maybe it could be dropped in a pond?

2. In the Omathi tomb the swords of Thaleus are behind a wall it does not appear to be possible to open. Did I miss a switch or is this an oversight?

3. After avenging the knights they did not appear in the Red Drake Inn. When I first accepted the quest and walked to the cavern entrance (where I intended they should wait) I found the one in armour had disappeared. I reported success to the other. Perhaps because the one had vanished it would not complete but I have no idea where he went in so short a distance.

4. In Kemel-Ze are the areas Wake of Starborne and the two Lzigat named ones supposed to be accessible? At present they do not seem to be. And what do the three Keys of Lzigat actually open?

5. Ruin of Strife. The Orc leader did not follow me into the ruin for some reason. I completed the clearance with the others, getting the message that the bandits were dead and I should report back. I did (outside) but all he would say is 'We must go into the ruins'. After that I could find no way to move the quest on. Should his dialogue not change after the journal about killing the bandits whether or not he is in the ruin?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Originally posted elsewhere probably wrongly mea culpa.

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:Some probs re quests

1. Is it possible to find Thunderstrike to complete Which Witch? It is not shown as being in game in the CS. Maybe it could be dropped in a pond?
Brenne Smitte should have a dialogue reply in which she gives you the axe.
Malchik wrote:2. In the Omathi tomb the swords of Thaleus are behind a wall it does not appear to be possible to open. Did I miss a switch or is this an oversight?
Are you there with the quest? Have you found the mechanism that opens it?
Malchik wrote:3. After avenging the knights they did not appear in the Red Drake Inn. When I first accepted the quest and walked to the cavern entrance (where I intended they should wait) I found the one in armour had disappeared. I reported success to the other. Perhaps because the one had vanished it would not complete but I have no idea where he went in so short a distance.
So you have killed all the cultists, and you have talked to one of the knights, and he has told you that they are off to the Red Drake Inn? Maybe upload your savegame here?
Malchik wrote:4. In Kemel-Ze are the areas Wake of Starborne and the two Lzigat named ones supposed to be accessible? At present they do not seem to be. And what do the three Keys of Lzigat actually open?
No idea, Kemel-Ze is unfinished (and abandoned for years).
Malchik wrote:5. Ruin of Strife. The Orc leader did not follow me into the ruin for some reason. I completed the clearance with the others, getting the message that the bandits were dead and I should report back. I did (outside) but all he would say is 'We must go into the ruins'. After that I could find no way to move the quest on. Should his dialogue not change after the journal about killing the bandits whether or not he is in the ruin?
"journal TR_m2_Wil_RuinOfStrife 80"

This quest is pretty much the biggest mess I ever had to fix, and it's no surprise that it's still buggy. The TR_m2_q_12_Bugdul script seems to assume that Bugdul is in the same cell while the bandits are dying. I don't know what kept him from following you in the first place (probably he was just too far away when you entered the ruin, and you should have waited for him), but I'll make a hack which will fire some GetDeadCount's on CellChange so that at least once you're out of the ruin again, he will realize that you're done. Thanks for the report!

Now this leaves another bug open, namely that when Bugdul dies the quest is unfinishable. I'm not sure what to do with this.
Last edited by arvisrend on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malchik

Mages Guild

Post by Malchik »

After completing Banviris quests he refers you to Gindaman. Gindaman will not give you quests until you reach the level of conjurer and yet Banviris's quest do not take you even to Evoker. How can one progress?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Originally posted elsewhere probably wrongly mea culpa.

Post by arvisrend »

@Malchik: This is due to the fact that TR is not complete. It won't take very long until the Akamora Mages Guild is released (probably in a 1.3 version of SE); until then, "PCRaiseRank TR_MagesGuild" should do the trick.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Let me repost some reports from other topics to have stuff in one place (I'll forget it otherwise):

Journal TR_m2_Wil_AvengeKnights claims that the Helnim populace was skeptical about the adventurers. No dialogue reflects it. [Noticed by Theo.]

[Theo about the Factory of Strife quest:]
8) Jeras does not a special greeting only the first time you speak with him. Updating journal or even answering his question makes him have no special greeting. I like it when a questgiver has greeting like 'So did you already find the factory?' for each stage of a quest and also a specific reply for the main topic at each stage of the quest.
9) Perhaps remove the forced goodbye on all of the bandits and orcs. It is incoherent during various stages of quests and unnecessary. Or make it more generic, i don't know.

[Tyrant:]

Batch of bleeding "Wickwheat" at X - 221486.13 Y - 2002.51

Batch of floating "wickwheat" at X 226416.49 Y - 900.89

Not really a bugreport, but a rewriting suggestion:
Theo wrote:I will download the newest file, re-test dead marshes and ruin of strife. Now my reports for character flaw.

- If you want to keep the quest as it is, just fix the filters on Ainab Guls topics "Greeting", "Background", "my trade","Ainab Guls". If you promise Reram Vares not to tell on him, Ainab Guls gives normal polite responses on these topics.

Here are few optional suggestions how to make the quest easily more fun and realistic:

- Move the amulet from the shelf and have Ainab Guls wearing it. This is more natural explanation why he is under its effect. Moreover I promised Reram not to tell on him and then go and find the amulet or tell on him anyway and was disappointed that I had no chance to do that. The amulet was disabled and the NPCs were resigned and did not want to hear what is going on. It is always somehow disappointing for players coming up with some original solution and seeing that the quest maker has "secured himself" against it.

You could introduce more options easily like this.

- Instead of promising you a reward for your silence (difficult to verify}, Reram Vares will threaten you that if you rattle him out, you will not buy a piece of bread in Port Telvannis. If you promise him a silence the disposition with merchants may still go up say 20, if player chooses not to conclude this quest and leave it at that. If you say "tough love" to him, he talks tough to you, but there is no effect yet, until you actually do tell on him.

a] No matter what you promise Reram, you will have option to talk to Fasele about amulet, once you know the story. She will thank you and tell that she will hide it from Ainab in the morning, as he is is always putting it into the closet before he goes to sleep. You get the reward from Ainab's friend. Reram Vares will disappear and you may learn from dialogue that he had to leave the town hastily. Yours disposition with the merchants in Port Telvannis decreases drastically (say -50)(you can also speak to Ainab's friend first, who will reward you and say he will inform Fasele immediately. Same result). Talking to Ainab Guls will make no sense.

b] Or you can pickpocket the amulet and journal is updated as soon as Ainab does not have the amulet equipped (you do not have to leave the house). He will suffer a memory loss immediately and will not be sure what has happened to him, so the story is up to you. Now you can speak with Fasele or Ainab's friend, who will be happy with change of Ainab's behaviour. You will haven option to tell them about Reram - the same result as a]. Or just make up some story. Either way they believe your explanation and the reward is the same.

c] However if you tell them some fable you can talk to Redam again. He will be grateful that you did not tell on him, although he will be still a little bit disappointed that you messed up his revenge (merchants disposition drop -10). On the other hand he may offer that he will buyback the amulet from you for some special price (say 300gp), as he would like to play his trick on some other even more annoying fetcher and amulets with such enchantments are expensive and hard to find. Fasele and Ainab's friend will he happy enough with yours explanation and will not want to hear any other story.

d] There, of course, is the option that inquisitive player will pickpocket the amulet before speaking to Reram (or even Fasele) first. Than he will have the only option and that is to tell the truth - that it was the amulet who caused the strange behaviour. She will say that she probably knows where this amulet comes from and that now she can understand all. Player gets reward, Redam disappears, but there is no disposition drop, as he does not know who ruined his plot.

This way the quest will look less moddy, more logical and has more options. I will gladly retest it again.
Malchik wrote:In the Fiancee lost quest the nord in dialogue or perhaps a JE refers to a fiancee 'which'. It should be a fiancee 'who'. I did note down the actual words but can't find them now.
Also, some quests need more info as to where to return:
Malchik wrote: For instance, the lost spirit who needs his skull from Odimasadra is in 'the catacombs of Necrom'. [...] Perhaps you should indicate which part of the catacombs to return to in the quest. Same applies to Preaching by Proxy where it only gives names perhaps The Acre of St Meris SW of Necrom or something would help. Also the same applies at least to some extent in other 'Wilderness' quests. [...]
-------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs reported by others:

TR_bk_m2-68_bwblessings Necrom, Greater Bonewalker Smithy 596 2626 -11 "shouldnt there be at east some description on this scroll, rather than blank paper? at least on those which are already inserted in the corpses"

TR_m2_ledger3_i2-414-tri Necrom, Charnelworks Records 4635 3548 15944 "same here, unless these are blank books waiting to be filled, the other books in the lower level had description, on the upper level have none"

TR_act-m2-56-necswitch2 Necrom, Catacombs: Lower City Entryway -446 65 -16 "this is more an idea, than a bug - shouldn't there be some punishment when taking an oath and then stealing in the temple? something like summoning bonewalker behind you, or at least a textbox saying something like that you have been cursed?" yes, we had such plans, but they aren't realized yet -- arvisrend
Last edited by arvisrend on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Malchik

Minor errors in map 1/2

Post by Malchik »

Isle of Arches - bay just east of Ravalas Cavern had a light lantern floating in the sky above a cairn on the beach. Clearly not meant to be there.

Temple Shrine quests - shrine of Purging is said to be near Dadadrome, which has a topic of its own - it would appear the cavern has been renamed Dadrunibi and so references to Dadadrome should be altered accordingly.

FG quest bounty for Jalian - this does not appear as a quest in the journal. Whilst not in itself problematical as one can still do it and IIRC the topics are there, should someone have to leave the game for a couple of weeks they would have no way to know the quest was outstanding and might think they had finished the FG.

Typo - when Mithras hears of the attack by the purchased slaves in Trouble in Ranyon Rhun, chains and daggers the word possession is spelled incorrectly (as posession).

Final thieves Guild Quest Firewatch - when asked for jobs the player is asked for a 'Herne's soul' even though that quest is completed. Should be 'Have no further jobs' or equivalent.

Thieves Guild Helnim - 4th thief. Small typo. JE says search (Fillim) rather than search for him.
Last edited by Malchik on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Minor errors in map 1/2

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:Isle of Arches - bay just east of Ravalas Cavern had a light lantern floating in the sky above a cairn on the beach. Clearly not meant to be there. Can't see it. There is a lantern hanging from a tree, but that's not floating.

Temple Shrine quests - shrine of Purging is said to be near Dadadrome, which has a topic of its own - it would appear the cavern has been renamed Dadrunibi and so references to Dadadrome should be altered accordingly. Really? The string "Dadadrome" can no longer be found in the Mainland dump. Maybe somebody fixed it before me.

FG quest bounty for Jalian - this does not appear as a quest in the journal. Whilst not in itself problematical as one can still do it and IIRC the topics are there, should someone have to leave the game for a couple of weeks they would have no way to know the quest was outstanding and might think they had finished the FG. Fixed, thanks for the report! It's so easy to miss the "quest name" checkbox in the CS.

Typo - when Mithras hears of the attack by the purchased slaves in Trouble in Ranyon Rhun, chains and daggers the word possession is spelled incorrectly (as posession). Fixed.

Final thieves Guild Quest Firewatch - when asked for jobs the player is asked for a 'Herne's soul' even though that quest is completed. Should be 'Have no further jobs' or equivalent. Fixed.

Thieves Guild Helnim - 4th thief. Small typo. JE says search (Fillim) rather than search for him. Fixed.
Malchik

Map 3 quest missing timer? Map 1 'end quest' error

Post by Malchik »

The map 3 quest for Manus in Seitur 'Worthy Investment' seems to be missing a timer. He says give him time to see if it works (JE 60 IIRC) and later you get an entry to check back (JE 65). Perhaps I did not leave it long enough but after 140 days I still had no update. It suggests a timer may be missing. Or am I just being impatient?

The map 1 quest 'Intrigue in Port Telvannis' has end quest markers in several places depending on what is said and done. However one entry is 'RI thanked me for establishing her agent was dead but wants me to investigate further' (words to that effect). That should not end the quest unless the investigation itself is a new quest which it does not seem to be.

Re trees - I use Vurt's tree mods on Vvardenfell. This may have altered the trees on TR as well but my lantern is nowhere near a tree. I did wonder about that, which is why I have not reported floating hyper facia etc.

I downloaded the Mainland map shortly after it was issued. 'Dadadrome' is still in use even by the Archmatron in Necrom. It may have been changed in the modders' version or perhaps there has been a public update already?

After completing the Temple quests in Ranyon-rhun Ratagos tells you to speak to the leader of the temple in Necrom. There is no quest entry. I assume that this is because the next part is not written yet. Perhaps a warning (as already present with the mouth quests in Port Telvannis) might be useful. If the leader of the Temple is the Archmatron he probably ought to refer to her by name.

Finally a point I raised in 2009 when I first played Map 1, which was never answered. By exploring Midennecne and killing the Necromancer I was jumped forward in the Mages Guild quest line missing one quest and getting Quest 7 from Gindaman even though I was not at a high enough level - still a novice. (This I realise is why I wondered when I did not get them this time, see earlier post.) Can this still happen? Can it happen with other linear quest lines (killing Jalian in the FG for instance)? I know from testing my Ob mod until purple in the face and much of the rest of the anatomy that it is easy to screw up a linear quest line with a JE at the wrong time. The easiest ways to deal with it are to not have the object or NPC in the game until the quest is given or to make the location inaccessible (by an unopenable locked door or container). There are other ways, of course. Also sometimes JE's are inappropriate. For instance if I visit Odimasadra near Firewatch when exploring is the named Daedroth already there with the quest skull? Do I get a JE telling me it is the skull the spirit in Necrom told me about even though I have never been to Necrom etc? Something to ponder as the game develops!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Map 3 quest missing timer? Map 1 'end quest' error

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:The map 3 quest for Manus in Seitur 'Worthy Investment' seems to be missing a timer. He says give him time to see if it works (JE 60 IIRC) and later you get an entry to check back (JE 65). Perhaps I did not leave it long enough but after 140 days I still had no update. It suggests a timer may be missing. Or am I just being impatient?
Oops, it's a bug in script TR_m3_q_A7_SeiTimer and I'll fix it next time I'll work on Mainland. (The "if ( localdaysPassed >= 3 )" if-block should not be inside the outer one.) Chances are I introduced that bug... FIXED.
Malchik wrote:The map 1 quest 'Intrigue in Port Telvannis' has end quest markers in several places depending on what is said and done. However one entry is 'RI thanked me for establishing her agent was dead but wants me to investigate further' (words to that effect). That should not end the quest unless the investigation itself is a new quest which it does not seem to be.
Yes, good point. TR_m1_PT_MaI_1 stage 101 should not be finishing. FIXED.
Malchik wrote:Re trees - I use Vurt's tree mods on Vvardenfell. This may have altered the trees on TR as well but my lantern is nowhere near a tree. I did wonder about that, which is why I have not reported floating hyper facia etc.

I downloaded the Mainland map shortly after it was issued. 'Dadadrome' is still in use even by the Archmatron in Necrom. It may have been changed in the modders' version or perhaps there has been a public update already?
You are still using version 1.0? We have 1.1 already, and probably 1.2 is not too far away. In hindsight, it seems like we did a bad job advertising 1.1. All mentions of Dadadrome have been removed between 1.0 and 1.1. I don't know when the floating lantern has been fixed, if at all (maybe I just don't know what lantern you mean -- it's always better to use betacomments for reporting bugs).
Malchik wrote:After completing the Temple quests in Ranyon-rhun Ratagos tells you to speak to the leader of the temple in Necrom. There is no quest entry. I assume that this is because the next part is not written yet. Perhaps a warning (as already present with the mouth quests in Port Telvannis) might be useful. If the leader of the Temple is the Archmatron he probably ought to refer to her by name.
Yes, this part is not done yet.
Malchik wrote:Finally a point I raised in 2009 when I first played Map 1, which was never answered. By exploring Midennecne and killing the Necromancer I was jumped forward in the Mages Guild quest line missing one quest and getting Quest 7 from Gindaman even though I was not at a high enough level - still a novice. (This I realise is why I wondered when I did not get them this time, see earlier post.) Can this still happen? Can it happen with other linear quest lines (killing Jalian in the FG for instance)? I know from testing my Ob mod until purple in the face and much of the rest of the anatomy that it is easy to screw up a linear quest line with a JE at the wrong time. The easiest ways to deal with it are to not have the object or NPC in the game until the quest is given or to make the location inaccessible (by an unopenable locked door or container). There are other ways, of course. Also sometimes JE's are inappropriate. For instance if I visit Odimasadra near Firewatch when exploring is the named Daedroth already there with the quest skull? Do I get a JE telling me it is the skull the spirit in Necrom told me about even though I have never been to Necrom etc? Something to ponder as the game develops!
The Midannecne necromancer has been fixed already (I think in SE 1.0 or, at latest, in 1.1). Jalian has never been a problem to begin with; the quest author thought of that beforehand. The Odimasadra daedroth is disabled until the quest starts. These issues are nowadays usually dealt with in the reviewing stage of a quest claim, if not earlier. In older times, they have been real problems...
Last edited by arvisrend on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malchik

Last point re maps 2 and 3 (I hope)

Post by Malchik »

The quest Which Witch is a problem for me. After getting the quest I found the supposed witch but Alfhed calmed down immediately. Despite talking to both I received no quest update and Brenne Smitte will not mention Thunderstrike unless the quest has updated to JE 30 I think - at any rate a JE later than mine is currently at. Am I supposed to kill the 'witch' without reason? It ain't at all clear. And why would I visit Brenne Smitte anyway????
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Last point re maps 2 and 3 (I hope)

Post by arvisrend »

Sorry, I can't reproduce this "Alfhed calmed down immediately" thing; what did you do? Can you upload your savegame for me to analyze?

(In other news, "Brenne Smitte" should be a topic... it's one of the hardest-to-find places in town.)
Last edited by arvisrend on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malchik

Couple of typos and an unfinished quest

Post by Malchik »

Been away from TR working on a play I have written to be given a one off performance in London (UK) next week. Back now.

The Inquisition quest in Gah Sadrith can be played in several different ways, therefore there are several endings. Not all have the 'quest finished' box ticked so in some cases the quest remains open when there is nothing further to be done. Needs to be looked at. (Happened in my most recent game when the guy in the Ebony armour told me it was over and he had just to carry out a few exorcisms or words to that effect.)

On that quest Eranil says 'He tells us more then we need to know' should be 'more than'. Later 'don't be too long time' is not good English (or American). Either 'don't be too long' or 'don't be a long time' or 'don't be too long a time' are better.

In the Fiancee Lost quest Mjording says 'We shouldn't have came'. Should be 'come'.

Question - some of the books have several typos. Do you want these pointed out too?

E.g. The Old Man of the Ashlands
'on of his netch' should be 'one of his netch'
'his father's heard' should be 'his father's herd'
'it was cliff racer' should be 'it was a cliff racer'

etc.

If you have a position as proof reader I'd happily help out. You'd get UK spellings, of course!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Couple of typos and an unfinished quest

Post by arvisrend »

Thanks for the typos spotted! Typos you find in books should go into the [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17918&start=240]TR_Data thread[/url], though, unless these are location- or quest-specific books.

About Inquisition: are you talking about one of these two stages:

TR_M1_GS_MQ_5 stage 80 "Ilwen is dead and the cult of Mehrunes Dagon in the Telvanni Isles is ruined. Eranil thanked me for helping them to stop the cult and rewarded me for my aid."

TR_M1_GS_MG_5 stage 85 "Ilwen is dead and the cult of Mehrunes Dagon in the Telvanni Isles is ruined. Arelis Lloran thanked me for helping them to stop the cult. He told me that he would inform Temple authorities of my help."

If so, I think you should get a finishing stage once you leave the ruin.

The quest is pretty complex, so I'm far from being sure that this is what is going on in your case...
Malchik

Inquisition quest

Post by Malchik »

This was the JE that should have ended the quest. I went to see Mjording and his lady after that and had the ending of Fiancee Lost but no other topic relating to the kidnapping from either.

After killing the leader of Mehrunes Dagon cult, Ilwen, I left the Yashazmus ruin. His cult will do no more harm.

Hope this helps.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Inquisition quest

Post by arvisrend »

Malchik wrote:After killing the leader of Mehrunes Dagon cult, Ilwen, I left the Yashazmus ruin. His cult will do no more harm.
Oh, but that one is already a finisher in 1.1. Are you still playing with 1.0?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

- Yashazmus
I was going to mention how journal entries 80 & 85 lacked "finished" tag, because 90 never triggered - now I understand that's probably because I Almsivi Intervention'd out of Yashazmus after the quest was done. It'd probably be better not to rely on scripts triggered on doors to the way out at all? but in this case surely making 80&85 final as well couldn't hurt,
FIXED - arvisrend

Yashazmus, Flooded Halls :
because of the follow AI, the two NPCs (Arelis Lloran & Eranil) invariably got stuck by the wooden platforms, couldn't get them to leave the cell.

- Port Telvannis, Odrethi Manor :

chance of infinite "Who's there?" loop when NPC Varrac Odrethi forcegreets invisible PC during the quest.
Possibly same with the other 3 NPCs; PC is actually given the invisibility potion for this quest and passing near Verrac Odrethi, which I guessed triggered the forcegreet, seems almost unavoidable.
This is strange - shouldn't greeting-1's come before "Who's there?"? Can you actually reproduce this bug or are you merely suspecting it to be possible? - arvisrend
FIXED - arvisrend
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Thank you for the bugreports, rot; unfortunately it looks like I need some clarifications (see the blue text I edited into your post)...
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

- Helnim, Guild of Fighters
Jonas Callodus is a member of vanilla FG, instead of Mainland one. FIXED - arvisrend

- Quest TR_m2_FG_Tainted1, Ald Mirathi Shrine
Arfil don't stand up after I use the scroll on him. Maybe it's not really a bug, because I use BTB - Equipment plugin which alters sc_corruptarcanix_en enchantment. Still, altered enchantment dispels 100% anyway.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

heilkitty wrote:- Quest TR_m2_FG_Tainted1, Ald Mirathi Shrine
Arfil don't stand up after I use the scroll on him. Maybe it's not really a bug, because I use BTB - Equipment plugin which alters sc_corruptarcanix_en enchantment. Still, altered enchantment dispels 100% anyway.
You might have missed him with your spell. Every dispel-on-target/touch effect should work here, so you can make a custom spell (1% is enough) and cast it on him until it hits.

Or does BTB change the scroll's effect to "on self", by any chance?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

rot wrote:- Yashazmus
I was going to mention how journal entries 80 & 85 lacked "finished" tag, because 90 never triggered - now I understand that's probably because I Almsivi Intervention'd out of Yashazmus after the quest was done. It'd probably be better not to rely on scripts triggered on doors to the way out at all? but in this case surely making 80&85 final as well couldn't hurt,
Okay, I don't have time to test this right now, but normally teleportation out of Yashazmus should be impossible during the quest. When exactly did you teleport? - arvisrend
After killing Ilwen, talking to Arelis Loran, sleeping a few hours in the Flooded Hallsfrom Yashazmus - then teleported from Pit of Sacrifice, actually using Recall and not Almsivi. Journal seemed to imply the magic blocking escapes would be lifted after interrupting the ritual, and the NPC even said he was going to purify the place -

I just reloaded a save I took right after killing Ilwen, didn't even talk to the NPC nor free Melie, and teleported out with Temple Song (Almsivi Intervention from a TR spellbook). FIXED by making these stages finish the quest. thanks for the tenacity! - arvisrend

- Port Telvannis, Odrethi Manor :

chance of infinite "Who's there?" loop when NPC Varrac Odrethi forcegreets invisible PC during the quest.
Possibly same with the other 3 NPCs; PC is actually given the invisibility potion for this quest and passing near Verrac Odrethi, which I guessed triggered the forcegreet, seems almost unavoidable.
This is strange - shouldn't greeting-1's come before "Who's there?"? Can you actually reproduce this bug or are you merely suspecting it to be possible? - arvisrend
It happened the first time I went in there - had one forcegreeted "Who's there?" from the guard situated right next to the entrance, then the loop when passing by Verrac Odrethi.
*After restarting the game I got "Who's there"d and busted a few times reloading quicksave before entering the cell, and used telekinesis.
Then restarted the game, loaded, purposedly went to the NPC and same happened.

Quickly retested it just now and I can definitely reproduce the "Who's there?" forcegreets.

Should be fixed now - arvisrend
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

arvisrend wrote:You might have missed him with your spell. Every dispel-on-target/touch effect should work here, so you can make a custom spell (1% is enough) and cast it on him until it hits.

Or does BTB change the scroll's effect to "on self", by any chance?
1. Unlikely. It dispels everything in 10 ft (if I'm not mistaken), it's hard to miss him. I'll purchase some dispel-on-touch spell and try to revive him, of course; I'm just bothered by the fact that "vanilla" method of doing the quest don't seem to work.
2. No. It tweaks percentage from 150% (or something) to 100%, also adds minor drain health effect.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

heilkitty wrote:1. Unlikely. It dispels everything in 10 ft (if I'm not mistaken), it's hard to miss him.
That's if it hits some living object at all.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

In the Firewatch Fighters' Guild quest where you have to trick the stalker into going with you to Nassudan, if you talk to the orc before the outlaw gets onto the platform, he will remain where he is after the orc talks to you. To make matters worse, walking off the trap can lead to you getting stuck in the room! I actually had "whatever his name is the stalker outlaw" outside of the room when I talked to the Orc.

After the dialog was finished, the outlaw stopped moving. With the orc following you, this can be a pain because the room's trap will activate if the outlaw isn't on the platform. I remedied this by blasting him with a stat reducer spell and made him charge me. Then I killed him on the platform, resurrected him and walked out of the room. (then, once out of the room with the orc, I killed him with my overpowered Enchanted Ebony Arrows because he made me mad for being such a pain.) Will be looked at; probably a getdistance check would save this. -- arvisrend

As another note, after killing the outlaw and teleporting back to firewatch via teleport cheat (I hate walking), a guard ran up to me and DEMANDED 1000 gold because I "broke the law" somehow even though I had no bounty previously. Thankfully, I paid my debt and went on my way.

This seems to be a bug with the game itself as I've had similar situations happen with Ordinators and High Ordinators before where they'll attack me first but sometimes I get penalized for killing them even though it was in self-defense. (I've made the Ordinators and High Ordinators in my save mad at me for wearing their armor and killing them when I'm attacked. XD)

Also, with my special magic 1 hit kill arrows I found in a stump behind Thirsk (yeah, those ebony arrows of death.), I was able to kill Telvanni and Indoril guards without getting my crime reported. Either I'm that good or it is a bug. One of the ones I killed was standing only a few feet away from a civilian. Vanilla Morrowind bug, easy to replicate in Vivec or Suran. Can't be fixed probably. -- arvisrend
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

All of the NPCs in Ohishiran are hostile, except a slave, even though the tower they're in seems welcoming and their dialogue is friendly enough (as seen in the CS). Except for the slave, all the occupants are members of House Telvanni, as well. So all the details hint that they shouldn't be hostile.

Another, perhaps, inconsistent detail in Ohishiran is that only two of the four Telvanni members here are Dark Elves. What happened to Telvanni xenophobia?
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
Adanorcil
Developer Emeritus

Post by Adanorcil »

greendogo wrote: Another, perhaps, inconsistent detail in Ohishiran is that only two of the four Telvanni members here are Dark Elves. What happened to Telvanni xenophobia?
The Telvanni have an established system of paid hirelings. The faction's "hireling" and "retainer" stages represent this, so the NPCs in question should probably have those ranks. You'll see quite a few foreigners hanging around Telvanni towers, even in the original game. Redguards and Bosmer are particularly popular it seems.
greendogo
TR Tester

Post by greendogo »

Sure enough. I got the impression that the High Elf was in charge since she was in the top room, but it's really more of a dormitory I see now.

Still, they shouldn't be trying to kill you, right? I first and foremost am concerned with their oddly violent ways ;)

Edit: All you need to do to fix them is to change their fight/flee/alarm/hello settings in their AI.
Gentlemen, start your striders:
[url]http://tristikov.deviantart.com/art/G-Dunmer-wit-Siltstridaz-dawg-28071455[/url]
hmmmm... I should have looked at this guys DA gallery before posting a link to it... he likes horses... a little too much
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Some reports I'd forgotten to post, fair warning: almost all are VERY minor stuff, feel free to ignore entirely-

Llothanis, Bal Gernak's Manor
NPC TR_m1_Grimdil
Really feels like he's meant to be a merchant with all that enchanter merch around and the corresponding merchant in the opposite room,
but he doesn't Barter

Windmoth Legion Fort, Interior
NPC Uradas Vendal
Maybe unavoidable, but his enchanter's restocking supply of 2x random_scroll_all once gave him infinite-restocking Summon Golden Saint scrolls (bit weird to have such high value scrolls given the mood of the place)

Bal Oyra, Tandryen Reyas' House
object for the Bal Oyra muskfly quest:
TR_m1_q51_ingred_BOmusk_UNI
Activating this gives a "you can't take that while _NPC_ is nearby" message while the NPC is alive, even if he's been Commanded out of the cell, which solution I thought it was hinting at.
The restriction feels a bit weird anyway, wouldn't it be better to just make the NPC start combat when it's activated ? it wouldn't really be dumbing down the options, the exact same purpose is served instead by a >disposition check when talking to him about it.
arvisrend edit: What do you mean by "the exact same purpose is served instead by a >disposition check when talking to him about it"? I agree about the illogical quest.
arvisrend edit: Also, getHealth in script on Tandryon should be onDeath.

script,
TR_m1_q_IC_2_Elmonder
detects when the player heals him to full health:

if ( "TR_m1_Elmonder"->GetHealth == 93 )
		Journal, TR_m1_IC_2, 20
		ForceGreeting
	endif
may I suggest GetHealthGetRatio for max compatibility?
in my modded install this didn't fire off as his max health was 103, some racials change I suppose.

Firewatch, Imperial Chapel
NPC TR_m1_Relie
topic "errand":
he sends the player to Alendu's Plantation and doesn't give directions himself, the journal does afterward ("just outside Tel Ouada")

[s]NPC TR_m2_q_22_Nimbelor[/s] <<< generic non-Beast Race slaves need another entry for this
topic "twin lamps":
more of a vanilla oversight, but he's a Wood Elf slave and has an argonian's response to this
(<20 freed) ..."I did not believe I would ever see Argonia again"
arvisrend edit: This has nothing to do with Nimbelor in particular; we have several non-beast slaves. This is a general dialogue issue we probably should fix.

NPC TR_m1_Ratagos
topic "Isle of Arches"
he says levitation is likely needed to reach the shrine "Shrine of the Isle of Arches"
but that shrine is right on ground level and not elevated at all.
arvisrend edit: I will replace "you will probably" by "you might".
arvisrend edit: Fixed.

also TR_m1_Ratagos
topic "pilgrimages"
only his first reponse to this has been updated to "the five closest shrines",
his subsequent responses only refer to "the three closest", missing the Solitude and Boethiah Falls ones.
arvisrend edit: I think this is not a bug, but it's open for discussion. When you bother somebody about the same thing twice, he will be briefer the second time. In this case, Ratagos leaves out the two shrines further away from Ranyon-Ruhn. I guess it's ok given that the topics for these two shrines still work and one can also ask a priest on map 3.

NPC TR_m2_Leopold Dufrese
topic "Leopold Dufrese"
dialogue for the Imperial Cult quest, aside from retrieving his ring he says he's fallen ill,
was that a forgotten Cure Disease quest hook ? I certainly felt compelled to try.
(if not nevermind... troubles with the high magic setting, are there even any common diseases that magic can't sweesh?)
arvisrend edit: I don't know :(

NPC TR_m1_Q_UneleasRangirth
Molagreahd Region (27,8 )
!!NITPICKS ALERT!! -
when the quest is offered, if the PC tells him to go check Rangirth Ancestral Tomb himself,
he walks there and, even if the PC followed right behind him upon entering,
he immediately becomes TR_m1_Q_Dead_Uneleas_R, a corpse behind a closed door.
(given what a player expects from the engine, the closed door is really the only bothersome thing about this, if anyone cares that is)
arvisrend edit: Maybe just have the door opened by default all the time?

also, after his quest is done -offerings to his ancestors at the nearby tomb- he permanently stays there on the road.
arvisrend edit: Vanilla standards... Might still disable him.

The message when at first trying to pick up "TR_m1_Q_Topaz_Stationary" et al. is something along the lines of
"you shouldn't take these items while he's still nearby",
Going back, PC can take them even though he hasn't moved one bit.
arvisrend edit: Wait, what do you mean by the last sentence again? Can I take them before he has left the tomb?

amulet TR_m1_q_TT_AoSW
"Amulet of Seht's Warding" has at the moment a very cheap value at 1000 g, considering its artifact status and gameplay stats (constant 50 magic absorb)
also reflected by the Temple quest to get it. Looks like the questline isn't done yet though
arvisrend edit: I think these cheap values are there to avoid the player selling artefacts off to traders. Gameplay vs. realism again.

NPC TR_m2_Master_Vaerin
typo on topic "Mistress Rathra"
"Rathra is a cunning and dangerous women." -> woman
Last edited by rot on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.