2011 in Review

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

2011 in Review

Post by Haplo »

It has been a while, hasn't it? While Tamriel Rebuilt wasn't able to release Sacred East or an updated Antediluvian Secrets or Telvannis in 2011, that doesn't mean the project just sat on its hands the whole time! It has been a tumultuous year with a lot of work going on behind the scenes. We changed how we work with quests in the middle of a release, and have been tweaking that new process ever since. Below is a list of highlights from the past year.

---

March 20th: TR completes the final exterior claim for our Heartland release. This is a huge milestone for the project, because it's a point at which we can consider Alpha releases.

April 3rd: Map 3 Detailing Claim 7 is finished, bringing Sacred East another step closer to completion.

April 19th: Map 3 Detailing Claim 4East is finished, ending the Claim Map 3 work on our Sacred East release. At this point, only work left on the Claim Map 2 section of Sacred East (ie Necrom and Dun Akafell) remains.

June 30th: Why is promoted to be our new Head of Quests. Why has been an integral part of our quests department and TR was glad to see him promoted to a leadership capacity.

July 10th: TR releases an exterior-only Alpha of Claim Map 4, which includes most of the Heartland release, and parts of Veloth as well. If you missed it, check it out [url=http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1305556-wip-tamriel-rebuilt-sacred-east-3/]here![/url] Be sure to follow all of the important instructions on installation.

August 8th: Baan Malur (Blacklight, as Imperials call it) is completed! It is currently undergoing review and is one of the most amazing sights to behold in any Elder Scrolls game to date, including Skyrim. Once it passes final review, it will be merged into Claim Map 5, and our Veloth release will be one giant step closer to a finished state. :-)

At some point in 2011: We added a handy TR Chat link to the top bar of our website, which gives everyone easy access to our IRC channel, where we hold a lot of discussion and generally just hang out and have fun. WARNING: #tamriel (our channel) is Not Safe For Work. Please note that at the time of this posting, the ChatSpike server appears to be down.

---

It may sound a bit familiar, but Sacred East is just around the corner! We are measuring the distance to release in inches, and there are only a handful left. We are inching ever closer to the time when we can release our best work yet, which will also include many quests for Antediluvian Secrets, as well as a whole host of bug fixes and tweaks to improve our previously released work (both AS and Telvanni). Here's to a bright 2012!
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Evod Lighttaker

Post by Evod Lighttaker »

Keep up the good work guys!!!

I want you all to know it doesn't go unnoticed!
Majra
Developer Emeritus

Post by Majra »

Great to see the project continued to march on long after us old farts had outlasted our usefulness! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! We all want to see Tamriel Rebuilt!
R:6 I:22 N:30
Screw it, I'm back for sweet sweet TR

Uldar Gerzae: Expect no dodgeballs out of my arse. Though if something were to shoot out of me nether regions it mgiht be wise to dodge it all the same