i3-722-Imp

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-722-Imp

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-722-Imp (#2525)
Faction: Imperial
Parent claim: TR_3-24-Imp (#128)
Claimed by: Tyrant
Files: TR_i3-722-Imp_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp; TR_i3-722-Imp_Tyrant_7.esp

---

OE West #15 http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7383/oewestmap.jpg

The Corner Store (or some other title if you see fit). A small dining establishment and baked goods store. Think the TES version of Panera Bread if that helps.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

Unlocking.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Claim please.

It'll be a store. I was thinking more food/potions/supplies and misc items rather than weapons and armour, so much. Nothing too fancy anyways.

Will use rich tileset
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

I'm thinking more you follow the description a little closer before I grant this.

This should be like a corner bistro/bakery. Should sell food items mostly which will include some ingreds and have some dining area.
And that's how you get to Llama School.
Lady_N: mountain dew tastes like yellow and pwning at d&d
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Ahh, I was a bit thrown off by "Corner store". It will be a bakery/bistro place, with a dining area!
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

thats better!
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

I wish we had triangular-flat roof pieces... As in, half of a regular flat square roof. First WIP to be uploaded soon

Edit: And floor pieces
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

First WIP. Complete shell, tower looks a little funky to me, but seems to work. The attic was a bit tricky for me... I had to mix _Com with _Thatch only to get the right pieces for the pointy roof, couldn't find the right roof pieces for _Com, maybe I'm just an idiot and can't find them :S... Any tips would be appreciated.
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

Nope, I don't think there are appropriate roof pieces, I've had similar problems. You can, however, improvise by using the 'roofless' corner and adding the roof. It wouldn't look nice if thatch corners were used. And you may want to make the tower look pointier and rounder.
Anyway, I've had pretty much the same problems, so you can take a look at my OE Mages Guild top floor ([url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=125812[/url]) interior and see how I handled them - if that would help.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

The OE MG is an amazing piece of work, do take a look at it. It's a fine example of good makeshifting with the roof tiles.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Attic seems to work, finally. File very dirty.
Tyrant
Developer

Z

Post by Tyrant »

Worked on this a bit today... Will post an update tonight or something
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Guess that last update never happened. Here's this one instead.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Here's the latest file. Almost done, the upstairs of the tower part feels a little funky to me. I put bundles of whickwheat upstairs because... well, it's a bakery? Maybe average players wouldn't notice that wheat normally wouldn't be stored in the actual bakery... Anways, take a look, I'd appreciate some opinions on this. I also used the "strawheap" static bled into the floor to make it look as if there was loose straw on the floor. Other than that, almost ready to post final version. The other problem I'm having is a triangular missing section of roof right outside the entrance to the upper part of the tower. Just need to find a way to patch that up that looks decent.
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Close to complete. The only thing still holding this back is (Still) the attic roof piece connecting to the tower part... I hate to say I'm a bit stumped by how to make this look good. If anyone wants to take a look and offer a suggestion please feel free, what I'm saying will probably make more sense if you can see yourself. :P
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Standby... I have an idea
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

COMPLETE
SamirA
Developer Emeritus

Post by SamirA »

To the land of reviews.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: No

I'm inclined to let this slide. I don't really understand why the ground floor is bigger than the second, but maybe I'm crazy.

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: Yes

For some reason this file was dependent on PC_Data.esm, I assume in error. I cleaned these out. I could see no resulting errors, but be careful what master files you load when modding for different projects!

Review: Various floaters and bleeders and stuff not properly connected to walls.

Some of the chandeliers had rather large radii, so I've replaced them with smaller settings.

I noticed some floating paper pieces. These need more than just pressing 'f': they need that twice, and then manual correction to fix bleeding. Otherwise the CS line looks correct, when they're still floating.

Due to one of the carpets, a table was slightly floaty. Remember to check for this. Also, several other tables were floating. I could not see why this was the case. The stuff on them wasn't, which felt odd.

No Telvanni tankards in Old Ebonheart. WTF? Replaced with a regular one.

Don't use a Dunmer tray in an Imperial interior. Replaced.

The lighting seems a bit funky. Also, never have black fog! Changed.

All reported errors have been fixed.

Comments Really creative solution on the tower part!

What's up with all the paper on the tables? Is this a literature club?

I was expecting a kitchen here to be honest, and some more meals. I added one meal to a table. And a burning fireplace. So I added one.

What's up in the attic? It looks like place to take a customer and torture him.

A stunning amount of floaters and bleeders for something this size, which really should've made me have it sent back. Instead, I fixed them.

Thrig, you could send this back to have it further spruced up, but it's up to you.

Rating 5.5/10 (the basic work was nice enough, but you had a lot of avoidable errors and quirks)
Attachments
TR_i3-722-Imp_AEVEN.esp
(31.32 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Aeven wrote:For some reason this file was dependent on PC_Data.esm, I assume in error. I cleaned these out. I could see no resulting errors, but be careful what master files you load when modding for different projects!
Hah, I keep accidentally selecting PC_Data first when starting on a new claim. :P
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

I do admit this interior was a bit rushed in terms of specific objects bleeding and what not. Due to the funky roof pieces being a giant pain in the ass and forcing me to rebuild much of the shell several times over I kind of wanted to get this over with. This shouldnt be a problem in future claims.

I will defend my choice in size and shape for this shell however. I found a 3 storey structure of this size with an attached tower difficult to fill with items relevant to a bakery. I feel condensing the 2nd and 3rd floors the way they are is better from an in-game perspective, than attempting to fill three large floors up with "filler". What may be glaringly obvious in terms of shell shape to an experienced modder such as yourself may never be noticed by the average player.

The fact that all the interior/exterior windows match perfectly make this a better fit than much of the vanilla interiors. Have you seen Ghorak Manor in Caldera? :P

Anyways, I suppose TF will have the final say on this, but those are my thoughts on the shell.

And thanks for the review
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Just a suggestion: I made [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=125792]a bakery[/url] once for Old Ebonheart. It features an actual baking area.
Tyrant
Developer

M

Post by Tyrant »

Thanks! Ill probably take a look at this later tonight
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

please stop posting in reviewing. You don't need to look at this as it will be final reviewed and most likely approved by myself.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Approving, use my file