Unique Characters and Voice Lines

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

That's a really impressive impersonation of a male dunmer (I had trouble telling the vanilla and the impersonation apart), and I would certainly like to see if it would be at all possible to use his voice in TR. Though whether or not it is needed would be left to the relevant head of department to decide, but I whole-heartily endorse this idea if it is.

Thanks for sharing this Leon.
Last edited by Matin Sanguine on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

The problem is mainly that it will be really moddy, since it hasn't been done in vanilla mw. The voice of that guy sounds ok. A tad overacted maybe.
--Mwgek--
Katze
Developer Emeritus

Post by Katze »

Mwgek wrote:The problem is mainly that it will be really moddy, since it hasn't been done in vanilla mw. The voice of that guy sounds ok. A tad overacted maybe.
The two expansion packs did add some new lines though, like for the Mournhold High Ordinators, and that Khajiit shipmaster who takes you to Solstheim. I can't really remember which other ones there were.
"If a hermaphroditic, bug-armored, bipolar god-king existing in multiple universes who has his very own bible with *actual* magic strewn throughout it is your idea of a cliche, then I really would like to live in your world." -MK

"You say a lot of things. And how does that work? You're a bicycle"

Tea is important.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

The only context I can think of where it might be nice would be for the Necrom Ordinators."Walk softly in the city of the dead, outlander", that sort of thing.
Test
Matin Sanguine
Developer

Post by Matin Sanguine »

gro-Dhal wrote:The only context I can think of where it might be nice would be for the Necrom Ordinators."Walk softly in the city of the dead, outlander", that sort of thing.
That was sort of along the lines of what I was thinking of as well.
Last edited by Matin Sanguine on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SLOAD. SOAP. IS. NOT. SOAP"- TF

"As to where the ash comes from.. fuck if I care." -Sload

"At TR, we LOVE our quests to be steeped in lore, so you'd be able to flex your CHIM there just fine." - Nanu

Claims Completed: 4
MoonAndStar
Developer

Post by MoonAndStar »

Cathartis wrote:
Mwgek wrote:The problem is mainly that it will be really moddy, since it hasn't been done in vanilla mw. The voice of that guy sounds ok. A tad overacted maybe.
The two expansion packs did add some new lines though, like for the Mournhold High Ordinators, and that Khajiit shipmaster who takes you to Solstheim. I can't really remember which other ones there were.
This. I recall Falx Carius and Carnius Magius having new lines of dialog that were considerably longer than any vanilla lines, that changed during different stages of the questline.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

I believe it would be a nice touch in some places and special greetings. Vanilla has greetings for in Mournhold, and (bugged but a mod fixes it) rank greetings for various factions.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I think greeting are just fine. I was think in the line of voice acted questing and that is going to sound silly, me thinks.
--Mwgek--
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

While I am fine with voiced lines, fuck cutscences. Fuck them with a spiked Daedric toothbrush.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

I'm not sure how I'd feel about this. I like the idea of having unique lines to TR, because both expansions added new lines as well. I've already brought this up in IRC several times, and it seemed a good idea.

I wouldn't mind having voice acting done by someone who sounds pretty close to the real thing, just so long as we understand that voice acting comes dead last. As in, Necrom can be voiced (as far as the Ordinators in Mourning go) because that release is already out. Almalexia, assuming we were to do any lines for that, would have to wait quite a while.

I mean it's not like I started saving up money or anything to actually hire on the original voice actors or anything.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Anonymous wrote:
Andres Indoril wrote:While I am fine with voiced lines, fuck cutscences. Fuck them with a spiked Daedric toothbrush.
The video itself of the cutscenes would be 100% vanilla, no MGE or MGEXE. The quality of the cutscenes would be the same as the vanilla cutscenes.
That does not change the fact that cutscenes are a terrible plague upon gaming that I do not want to see any more in Morrowind that was present in Vanilla.

All Bethesda cutscenes were visions. What visions could we give the player?
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

I for one am a bit iffy as far as cutscenes go, though I suppose I could be persuaded either way. That being said, I'm curious as to what Why has to say on this matter, considering this was originally his idea.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Tyrant
Developer

Post by Tyrant »

Lots of potential here... both for huge success, and catastrophic failure...
Mourn for us oppressed in fear
Chained and shackled, we are bound
Freedom choked in dread we live
Since Tyrant was enthroned
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I didn't really have anything specific in mind yet, but I figured it could be a nice way of closing some of the more expensive faction questlines
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

This will be discussed and planned more thoroughly by the core before anything further is done.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo