TR NPC Claim 4-14-Hla [Rats]

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Not
Lead Developer

TR NPC Claim 4-14-Hla [Rats]

Post by Not »

The very first NPC Claim! Which can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5a01pf95bh9ep66

Alright, this is going to be a small town, located on the coast, and is pretty much the TR equivalent of Seyda Neen.

Here are the existing notes for each (interior) claim:
372 - Ferryman
373 - Census and excise
374 - Customs
375 - 2 people shack
376 - House 2 people
377 - House Male commoner
378 - House Old adventurer
379 - House, Imperial Male
380 - House, Female commoner
381 - House, Works farm across the way
382 - Tradehouse
383 - Shack of commoner
384 - Shack of fisherman
385 - Velothi Tomb
386 - Fort Ancylis
---------------------------------------------------------

For the most part, it's pretty simple, you're free to give life however you see fit, as long as you stick to the above outline.

Do make sure you add wilderness creatures (using leveled lists from arvis' [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23780]balancing thread[/url]) as well as baddies for the Velothi Tomb.

Any additional questions, just post them here or feel free to shoot me a PM :)

arvisrend edit: Additional remarks:

1) This is the Seyda Neen of the Mainland. We will have a ferry from Seyda Neen to here, in fact (although you aren't supposed to actually make it). Due to this, this town should have early-game content, and the surroundings should be very safe (TR_stat_wild_d01, TR_stat_thirr_d01orp, TR_stat_thirr_sleep, TR_stc_rat, TR_stc_netch*, TR_stc_velk, etc.). This doesn't mean that the NPCs in Teyn should behave like tutorial characters, but I think they should be relatively helpful to a newcomer.

2) Don't edit the map4 ESP file. Instead, make an ESP depending on it, just like quests depend on the Mainland ESP.

Why edit: [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23303]This list will be updated soon,[/url] but keep in mind that dialog is a gameplay mechanic as well as a way to convey lore. Certain topics exist purely to help the player find his way and should only be used to customize characters in exceptional situations.
Last edited by Not on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

I'd love to work on this one.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Mortimer wrote:I'd love to work on this one.
It's all yours then. Good luck!
Not another memory

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

Hey Not!

It's going well, I have the problem of not being happy with my results so I've had to redo parts of it a few times. If it's not up by the 21st (my first 3 day weekend in a looooong time, aka modding time), I will definitely post an update and my current file.

And just for clarification what should my creative boundaries be? My plan I'm going with is to have Teyn be a mirror of Seyda Neen that only modders and the really observant would notice. Things like having just about the vaguely similar NPC's (a high elf who shopkeeper, a wood elf walking around town, an Imperial who isn't happy in Morrowind), things that the normal player wouldn't think anything of it, but for people who know it internally as "Mainland Seyda Neen" it would be slightly amusing. BUT I'm not married to the idea or any idea for that matter, so say the word and whoosh, all references are gone.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I like the idea of showing certain similarities, but don't overdo it and make it subtle, maybe make our Altmer shopkeeper female and our Fargoth less annoying, something along those lines. If you have anything substantial I'd love to take a quick peek at it to make sure you're on the right track with the amount of unique dialog and whatnot.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

One of my plans for the game start is to tweak the [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Vodunius_Nuccius_%28quest%29]Vodunius Nuccius[/url] quest in a way that you can ride to the Mainland together with Vodunius (but you part ways at Teyn). It would be hilarious to have some Imperial eager to go to Vvardenfell standing around in Teyn. But it might also be stupid -- I don't know. I'd be careful with having a mirror image of Fargoth; the character is EXTREMELY recognizable.
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Unrelated to this claim:

Well what about the player meet Vodunius Nuccius for real in Narsis. Dialogue only stated he was unhappy on Vvardenfell. Could be fun that if you helped him on Vvardenfell he would show up in Narsis in much better conditions and thanking the player again for the little notch out of the door. Or maybe ask some more help with a new mess he is in.
--Mwgek--
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

I'm not strictly opposed to that idea but let's worry about it once we get to NPCing Narsis, it is quite a long way off.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Mortimer wrote:Hey Not!

It's going well, I have the problem of not being happy with my results so I've had to redo parts of it a few times. If it's not up by the 21st (my first 3 day weekend in a looooong time, aka modding time), I will definitely post an update and my current file.

And just for clarification what should my creative boundaries be? My plan I'm going with is to have Teyn be a mirror of Seyda Neen that only modders and the really observant would notice. Things like having just about the vaguely similar NPC's (a high elf who shopkeeper, a wood elf walking around town, an Imperial who isn't happy in Morrowind), things that the normal player wouldn't think anything of it, but for people who know it internally as "Mainland Seyda Neen" it would be slightly amusing. BUT I'm not married to the idea or any idea for that matter, so say the word and whoosh, all references are gone.
As long as there is progress being made, it's fine. Take your time, don't worry about it ^^

Also, I do like the idea of making it a mirror of Seyda Neen, but as Why said; really try to switch it up. Have a female High Elf etc.

Looking forward to seeing your work!

--------------------------------------------------------
On an entirely unrelated note, as far as Vodunius or w/e his name is, I already have plans for that, and we'll discuss that on another thread. Let's not worry about that right now :)
Not another memory

Mortimer
Developer

Post by Mortimer »

Awesome, by the way I decided against having a Fargoth-like character. There's no subtle way of making anything remotely like that and not having people realize what it is.

On another note - my dialogue writing is finished! Time to implement it in game and have it ready for you soon. I'm thinking I'll start with just the NPC's and get those squared away before I do creatures.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

you could always invert fargoth to get an orc that hates the player for no reason
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:you could always invert fargoth to get an orc that hates the player for no reason
Or he could not stress over it and just have nothing. It's totally up to Mortimer.

Also, just make sure you keep the creatures low level. This is a noob area after all :)
Not another memory

Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hi Morti! We're moving back to map cutouts so you'll be free to make edits to your cells, like setting ownership of items and renaming interiors and whatnot. Would you be interested in me providing you with an .esp that you can merge with your current work, or would you rather continue as you are now, loading up the M4 file along with your own .esp, and all that? I'd recommend the cutout merge thing, but if you don't want to change, that's fine with me too.

edit: As luck would have it, I messed up with the whole cutting and pasting process, and was left with a cutout of 4-14. So whether you want it or not, here's your file! You can load it alongside your own .esp like you used to do with the bigger M4 file, and if you then press Combine Loaded Plugins, you'll have your very own piece of the terrain, so you'll be able to rename ints and set ownership at will!

edit2: fuck, I totally nixed a script I shouldn't have, let me reupload....

edit3: there we go! Have fun!
Attachments
TR_Map4_4-14-NPC.ESP
Merge this with your own .esp for the landscape + interiors!
(789.97 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

update?
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Hey Morti, please update within a week :)
Not another memory

Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Revoked.
Not another memory

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Claiming, then.

Will include subtle allusions to Seyda Neen.

The tradehouse could possibly have some Thieves' Guild activity going on? It would create nice tension between the townsfolk and the law enforcement at Fort Ancylis.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Granting.

Just remember to keep it subtle with the references to Seyda Neen.

As far as the TG is concerned, I would keep that to a bare minimum. Possibly place a couple NPCs from the guild into the tradehouse, but no immediate quests concerning them. We can probably work in future quests of the TG from one of their branches that involve this town sometime in the future. However, I'd rather keep it to the rumor mill for now.

Happy Modding! :D
Not another memory

Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Oi! There be a suspicious little lighthouse in the northern corner of the claim with no interior at all. Is this intentional?

Other than that, I've made some progress with the claim. Expect a wip in near future.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Rats wrote:Oi! There be a suspicious little lighthouse in the northern corner of the claim with no interior at all. Is this intentional?

Other than that, I've made some progress with the claim. Expect a wip in near future.
I have no idea how I missed this post, so I apologize for the very delayed response.

I look forward to your update and can't wait to see what you've come up with.

As far as the lighthouse is concerned, just leave it alone for now, I'll get back to you on what should be done with it.
Not another memory

Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

As far as I know, there should be an interior made for it, if a claim does not yet exist. There's no discussion [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=11726]here[/url] about making it abandoned/blocked.
Last edited by Haplo on Thu May 30, 2013 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

WIP file up. About 75 % done. Need to add harmless critters to the surrounding wilderness, a few lines of generic dialogue, finish some unfinished non-generic dialogue, and assign ownerships to items in a couple of cells.
Attachments
TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_RatsWIP_1.esp
(923.09 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Ladies and gentlemen, it's done. I welcome your scrutiny, criticism and thumbs-ups.

As you very well know, there are 3 different locations of interest in this claim.
1) the village of TEYN, which is sort of like Seyda Neen. The people are generally friendly and helpful.
"Teyn is a seemingly unremarkable, Imperial-controlled port town in the Thirr River Valley region [?]. There's Cirifae's Tradehouse, the Imperial Census and Excise offices and the customs. The boats sail from the dock to Androthen and Seyda Neen on Vvardenfell. The Lesser Pharos Lighthouse is located a good distance to the north. The Imperial Fort Ancylis watches over the village from the eastern cliff by the sea. Roads lead south-east to Andothren and west to Kártur."
2) FORT ANCYLIS, an Imperial fort on a cliff by the sea
"Fort Ancylis is the Imperial Legion garrison on a cliff by the Inner Sea, just east of the village Teyn. Rojanna Jades is the commandant of the fort, while its renowned battlemage Kathellomar is the second-in-command. Follow the road heading south-east of Teyn, turn left at the first crossroads and keep going until you get to the second crossing. Then take the left turn leading up the slope and you're there. It's only a few minutes trek."
3) RITH-ILVIRYON ANCESTRAL TOMB, a ridiculously huge maze-of-a-tomb with level 100 locked doors and undead enemies. It serves a stark contrast to the otherwise really newbie-friendly outdoors of this claim.
Rith-Ilviryon is a gargantuan underground tomb south of the village Teyn. Dating back to the early days of the ancient High Velothi culture the massive maze-like sepulcher houses the remains of countless Velothi hetmans whose names are long lost. The tomb has never been fully mapped and any explorers attempting such a feat have lost and never been seen again.

There are 39 new NPCs in total. Some NPCs of note include:

Alomon Juspethe "TR_m4_alomon_juspethe", a retired gentleman thief and a legend in the Guild, who likes to spend his sunset years at Cirifae's Tradehouse in Teyn. Alomon offers training to everyone - not just Guild members - and will give you info how to deal with the local law enforcement. The Thieves Guild are trying to persuade him to come back from retirement.

Niccea Ludoviil "TR_m4_niccea ludoviil", a EEC employee who's stuck in Teyn because she doesn't have the needed documents to pass through the customs with an Ebony shipment. A possible quest hook for the EEC.

Nulvese Telrith "TR_m4_Nulvese Telrith", a grumpy old warrior who'll pay you good money for Kagouti hides - 5 drakes each.

Midesi Ouradas "TR_m4_midesi ouradas", a scout trainer who will provide you with useful information about Teyn's surroundings; for example that you should avoid Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb.

Rojanna Jades "TR_m4_rojanna jades", the commandant of Fort Ancylis who is currently in mandatory bedrest, under quarantine, due to a severe case of Blood Lung. She can't talk unless you cure her. Possible quest hook for a Legion quest.

Kathellomar "TR_m4_Kathellomar", the second-in-command and the current leader of the fort. Kathellomar likes his newly-promoted status and is doing his best not to let commandant Jades get better.

There are four misc quests. Yes, I did the unthinkable and made a couple of quests. I wrote you guys summaries. Read them and play the quests and if tell me what you think.

Meet the Mother-In-Law - TR_m4_T_MotherInLaw
A social quest given by TR_m4_Geloise Marard. Do check the dialogue, it's aimed to be slightly amusing, but tell me if it's not.

Summary: Geloise Marard, a resident in Teyn, is expecting her mother for a visit. The mother is coming from out of town to meet Geloise's mysterious new fiancé. The problem is that there is no fiancé: Geloise has made the whole guy up to please / get rid of her nosy mother. Geloise asks you - the player - to play her fiancé for the duration of the visit. The mother will ask you all kinds of questions and depending on your answers she will either buy the act or find out the truth. If the mother finds out the truth both she and Geloise will initially be upset, but in the end they'll set things straight between them after you leave and Geloise will thank you. If you manage to fool the mother, Geloise will be pleased that you've helped her hide her secret. You'll be rewarded with a family heirloom fitting the theme - an engagement ring.

Ilvaalmu Unbound - TR_m4_T_IlvaalmuUnbound
A fetch/kill quest given by TR_m4_V_Ilvaalmu.

Summary: Deep in the Rith-Ilviryon ancestral tomb you'll encounter a docile vampire named Ilvaalmu. When you talk to her she tells you that she's been imprisoned there by her long dead masters. Ilvaalmu challenges you to unbind her. There are two ways you can do this. You can either kill her, which is meant to be rather difficult (she has weapon resistance as well as regeneration ability). The other way is to find a slave key in the tomb which'll unlock her chains. There are two of the aforementioned masters in the tomb "TR_m4_nevyr viryon" and "TR_m4_hethemys rithen" who are NPCs made to look like ghosts. Killing either of them will make them drop the key. After you use the key to unbind Ilvaalmu she will thank you, give you an enchanted amulet and disappear. The player will be left wondering whether or not freeing a ages old vampire was the best idea. The next time you visit Teyn at night, you'll learn that indeed wasn't. Ilvaalmu will then appear at the center of the town and attack one of the locals - TR_m4_Felespyre, who will probably die in the attack. With help from the townsguard the vampire should be now a much easier to kill.

Revealing the History of Fort Ancylis - TR_m4_FA_FortAncylisHistory
An investigation / fetch quest given by TR_m4_jo'agghu

Summary: In the Eastern Tower of Fort Ancylis you'll find a Khajiit scholar named Jo'Agghu. He is doing research on Fort Ancylis' history for his new book about Imperial strongholds in Morrowind. Jo'Agghu has a bold theory of fort's history: he thinks it's built over an ancient Nordic ruin. The Khajiit knows that the claim is ludicrous, but asks you to find evidence to support it nonetheless. He wants you, the player, to interview someone in the fort who might know something about its long-forgotten history. When asked, the people at the fort tell you go to talk with the fort's priest Shorveig, who happens to be a Nord. Shorveig agrees that while Jo'Agghu's claim sounds a little far-fetched it might be plausible: while the ancient Nords never conquered the whole of Morrowind they sometimes did built makeshift outposts near landing sites. However, there wouldn't be a ruin left of such an outpost anymore due to all the construction work that has taken place afterwards. Instead of digging, Shorveig suggests you dive the seafloor near the fort for evidence - weapons or armor - and tells you to talk with the fort's alchemist for waterbreathing potions. After acquiring the waterbreathing potions (or not, if you like a challenge) you climb down the cliff and start searching the nearby seafloor. There you'll find an ancient Nordic axe. Showing it to Shorveig will verify that it's indeed an authentic First Era Nordic weapon, which seems to suggest that ancient Nords did at least visit the location. Jo'Agghu will be thrilled seeing the axe as undeniable evidence in support of his theory and give you an unfinished copy of his book - with your name mentioned in the acknowledgements.

Find a Lost Comrade in Rith-Ilviryon - TR_m4_wil_RithIlviryonLost
Find quest, given by TR_m4_sashnakh_gra-lash

Summary: Outside the formidable ancestral tomb of Rith-Ilviryon you'll encounter Sashnakh gra-Lash, an Orc crusader. She will tell you that she barely made it out alive, but that her comrade Malmotulgor is still somewhere in the tomb. Sashnakh asks you to find and save his friend. She will give you vague description of the place where she last saw Malmotulgor and casts a blessing on you that'll give you restore fatigue, slowfall and waterbreathing for a while (which will come in handy, since the first thing in Rith-Ilviryon is a pitfall leading all the way down to the watery bottom level of the tomb). When you find Malmotulgor (it's hard, because the tomb is a freaking maze) it turns out that the Wood Elf didn't need saving after all: he has a Divine Intervention scroll with him. He then tells the player he'll now use the scroll to teleport to nearby Fort Ancylis - leaving the player alone in the tomb. If the player doesn't have one themselves, the player will probably wants to get a hold of the scroll, since getting out will be much harder than getting in. Malmotulgor will laugh off such notions and teleport away (it's possible to stop him from doing that by killing him really quickly). When Sashnakh gra-Lash hears of all this she will be very surprised to learn that Malmotulgor would have the scroll but not tell her about it. She'll thank you, giving you Blessed Repair Prongs of Zenithar (really high-end set of prongs) and bless you again for good measure. The quest is now finished. After that you may also confront Malmotulgor in Fort Ancylis, who realizes you must be rather angry for being left alone in the tomb. He'll taunt you for going to the tomb unprepared and there's a possibility to engage in a fight with him. He'll have some gemstones for loot.

--

Okay, so it's not quite yet 100% done as there are a couple of issues: 1) I haven't been able to locate the lighthouse interior anywhere on the forums; where is it hiding?, 2) I haven't named the wilderness cells, because I don't quite know what the region(s) is/are this supposed to be
Attachments
TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_Rats_JULY_10th.esp
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

A quick little update. Deleted some undead scripts that caused an error. Thanks to rot for pointing them out.
Attachments
Clean TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_Rats_JULY_10v2.esp
(1020.2 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Oh god, with people like you Heartland will be out before Almalexia... Any ideas for quests on Indoril territory?

Will playtest (not to be mistaken for "review", which I don't currently have the time for) these tomorrow. Just a couple notes I made when looking over the scripts:

TR_m4_FA_FortAnc_Axe: judging by the script I can pick it up before the quest, and then if I drop it and pick it up again during the quest I get no quest update? (doOnce is 1 already.) Is that intentional? Maybe better not make it activatable before the quest at all? Most players would tuck it away in their loot house and never again remember that it had anything to do with Fort Ancylis.

I don't like the name "Xayah" as in "Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Xayah Sepulcher". Was it the int maker's suggestion? It doesn't sound even remotely Morrowindish.

The door called "teyn_halfway_room" should be renamed according to TR conventions. (And the script TR_m4_Pub_Teyn modified accordingly.)

Script TR_m4_T_MotherInLaw_script has three if-blocks that can be merged into one.

The second if/endif block in TR_m4_teyn_ilvaalmu_script is useless: if GetJournalIndex "TR_m4_T_IlvaalmuUnbound" is not 20, then the "return" on line 4 makes sure the script does nothing.

All in all, this looks like a wonderful piece of work.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

arvisrend wrote:TR_m4_FA_FortAnc_Axe: judging by the script I can pick it up before the quest, and then if I drop it and pick it up again during the quest I get no quest update? (doOnce is 1 already.) Is that intentional? Maybe better not make it activatable before the quest at all? Most players would tuck it away in their loot house and never again remember that it had anything to do with Fort Ancylis.
It is intentional, but what you pointed out makes perfect sense. Will change it to be unactivatable before the quest.
arvisrend wrote:I don't like the name "Xayah" as in "Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Xayah Sepulcher". Was it the int maker's suggestion? It doesn't sound even remotely Morrowindish.
The two sepulchers "Yahkem" and "Xayah" are named thus after the two 'lost' letters of the Daedric alphabet. It was sort of a work-in-progress solution which I eventually grew to like. I agree though with what you say about Xayah. I'll rename 'em. (Actually, I would like to split the two sepulchers into five different cells because the interior layout of the tomb doesn't make much sense to me right now; it's very painful to navigate)
arvisrend wrote:The door called "teyn_halfway_room" should be renamed according to TR conventions. (And the script TR_m4_Pub_Teyn modified accordingly.)
Will do.
arvisrend wrote:Script TR_m4_T_MotherInLaw_script has three if-blocks that can be merged into one.
Will do.
arvisrend wrote:The second if/endif block in TR_m4_teyn_ilvaalmu_script is useless: if GetJournalIndex "TR_m4_T_IlvaalmuUnbound" is not 20, then the "return" on line 4 makes sure the script does nothing.
I'll see to that.
arvisrend wrote:All in all, this looks like a wonderful piece of work.
Yay, thanks!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Are you trying to outdo all us other npc modders, rats? You're doing a pretty good job of it, if you are. :D
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

The tomb would actually make sense with the different unconnected floors divided and renamed like you're planning. The whole thing does fit! There's only one door mistake, and if you want to fix it it should be fairly easy on the main tomb side: the door would just have to be placed on the opposite side of the drop (see screen). There's also one door marker which is slightly rotated instead of being straight (screen 2) but that's not a big deal.

On cutting up the cells: I think DoorMarkers can't be cut-pasted, but maybe to save time you can delete one part of the cell, rename it, save as an ESP / change the cell ID if there's one; delete the other part of the cell, rename it and save it as another ESP / change cell ID; then merge the two? (not sure if that'd work)

Betacomments:

sc_paper plain Teyn, Census and Excise Office 4369 3619 16128 "bleeds"
BM ice dagger Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Yahkem Sepulcher -4800 2528 13150 "floating in the void"

TR_terrain_GL_rock15 TR_4-14 (-3,-15) -24300 -119093 1727 "I know many ints don't perfectly match their exteriors, but..."
in_velothismall_corner_01 Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb -256 -320 320 "the U-turn right at the entrance here is pretty jarring"

Bitter Coast Region (-1,-14) -7152 -113850 -2045 "will this cell remain vanilla? if so..."
TR_terrain_AI_rock_09 TR_4-14 (-2,-14) -9269 -114312 -1098 "... the seafloor caspers here"

Ex_De_Shack_Door Teyn (-4,-14) -24705 -107718 141 "(Pien Vene's Shack) should lock the door? he's outside"

TR_imp_guard00000003 Teyn, Customs and Contraband Warehouse 3194 3372 98 "in case it's not intended- this guard is not a static version so his WanderAi will often bring him downstairs, leaving the (TONS) of contraband upstairs unguarded. The (TONS!) of good stuff is behind a lv100 locked door though"

TR_m4_Urzoga_gra-Buk00000000 Teyn, Customs and Contraband Warehouse 3487 2914 2 "is the customs Agent meant to be a trainer?"

TR_m4_Cirifae00000000 Teyn, Cirifae's Tradehouse -455 843 2 "mild self-reference in 'specific place'"
TR_m4_Cirifae00000000 Teyn, Cirifae's Tradehouse -454 843 2 "someone else should own the stuff she's not supposed to sell (everything on the tables, etc.)"

- both TR_m4_malmotulgor and TR_m4_V_Ilvaalmu use the Spriggan effect when teleporting. That effect is more impressive, but it might seem odd that both NPCs have it, since the rest of TR uses the alteration effect (telekinesis)

- TR_m4_malmotulgor still has his Divine intervention scroll on him after teleporting to Ancylis. But hey, what if he had two all along? :P

- TR_m4_malmotulgor will trigger a journal entry on death for "find a lost comrade" quest, risks jumpstarting it? (yes, it's pretty unlikely not to have started it already)

- for something even more unlikely, one could technically pickpocket his Divine Intervention scroll(s) before talking to him / before getting the quest from the orc outside...
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Yeti wrote:Are you trying to outdo all us other npc modders, rats? You're doing a pretty good job of it, if you are. :D
One of the very few (and I mean very; they're like none) perks of being unemployed for the summer is that my modding time is almost unlimited. Take that, Real Life!

rot wrote:[great many things]
I'll see to these. Thank you very much for figuring out the tomb for me.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Rats wrote: One of the very few (and I mean very; they're like none) perks of being unemployed for the summer is that my modding time is almost unlimited. Take that, Real Life!
Only for the summer? I've been unemployed for over a year now, and even when I was employed I barely had enough working hours for it to be worthwhile. I guess that's the curse of being a full-time student with barely enough experience to get an entry level job. In the past month I've had resumes rejected by like three retail stores.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

@Yeti: damn, well that sucks :( Hope it changes soon for the better!

Update. It's done (again).

I applied changes to the issues that arvisrend and rot pointed out. A million thank-you's to you both. Also did some minor dialogue changes (fixed typos mostly). I also added a mapped guide to Teyn and its surroundings that the Scout in the tradehouse will give to the player (like the scout in Seyda Neen). You'll need to download the .tga file to your BookArt folder to view the map ingame.

I rearranged the ancestral tomb's layout by dividing it into six separate cells for the sake of easier (IMHO) navigability. They're named thus:
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Lower North Sepulcher
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Lower South Sepulcher
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Upper South Sepulcher
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, Upper North Sepulcher
* Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, The Gatekeeper's Ossuary
again for them to be easier to navigate. I also eliminated the U-turn at the entrance and rotated the north markers to make sense after that.

This, however, I didn't touch
rot wrote:TR_terrain_AI_rock_09 TR_4-14 (-2,-14) -9269 -114312 -1098 "... the seafloor caspers here"
Yikes! A landtear. Am I supposed to touch that? Exterior cell editing so close to the vanilla border frightens me.

edit: Oi! Two questions: 1) Will I add roadsigns? No, I presume? & 2) Where's the lighthouse interior or will we let it stay un-NPC'd for now?
Attachments
TR_TeynRegion_377_253.tga
A map of Teyn and its surroundings. Download to BookArt.
(206.2 KiB) Downloaded 4656 times
Clean TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_Rats_JULY_19th.esp
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 67 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Rats wrote:@Yeti: damn, well that sucks :( Hope it changes soon for the better!
Eh, it hasn't been that bad. I've been able to focus on volunteering at my university's radio station, so I'm not sitting around and doing nothing at least.

It would be nice to have more money though....

-----------------------

Obligatory-commentary-on-your-claim-so-that-my-post-isn't-completely-off-topic:

Great job finishing Teyn, Rats! Maybe looking at your work will finally give me the motivation to finish up Almas Thirr. :lol:
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

In case I'm not the only one not seeing a Download button for the .tga,
you can download it by using id=21365 in the download url.

-

Played both the quests you said with no trouble. Small thing, the first entry on topic Malmotulgor ('Malmotulgor and I were on a mission... bring him back safely') needs a Journal < XX condition, else you can get this dialogue and the journal entries that go with it by using the topic twice after he dies.

also, those are not necessarily absurd but I thought I'd point them out:
- you get the same journal entry when you free her if you're a vampire ('remains to be seen if setting a vampire loose is a good thing')
- the constant 0-1 Sun damage on the amulet basically means 0 since you can reequip it to reroll that value (though the other enchantments are negative enough that I guess one wouldn't ever want to wear it anyway)
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Fixed the things rot pointed out. All finished. Well, except for the lighthouse interior which is still missing.

Need this in BookArt for the Scout's Guide to Teyn to work properly: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_teynregion_377_253_157.tga
Attachments
Clean TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_Rats_AUGUST.esp
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Think of these as suggestions; I couldn't really find anything else to beef about in my first playthrough (but I wasn't able to free the vampire in the tomb):

TR_m4_Kathellomar00000000 Fort Ancylis, Main Keep -766 2469 -126 "isn't he a bit more open on rojanna's sickness than would befit someone of his position?"

in_impsmall_door_01 Fort Ancylis, Main Keep -1020 2628 481 "door should be owned?"

TR_m4_mulus roloth00000000 Teyn (-4,-14) -26872 -109875 865 "missing article in 'services': 'is travelling warrior'"

TR_m4_mirranzij00000000 Teyn, Cirifae's Tradehouse -828 163 2 "is supposed to be a picky trainer but has mercantile skill 6 (might be intention though)"

TR_m4_mirranzij00000000 Teyn, Cirifae's Tradehouse -828 163 2 "in service refusal, maybe check for pc strength rather than pc level (pc level means pretty much nothing)"

TR_m4_midesi ouradas00000000 Teyn, Cirifae's Tradehouse 115 877 2 "his 'little advice' reply speaks of 'great predators of Roth Roryn region', but the Roth Roryn is relatively safe. maybe mention the Armun Ashlands and the Velothi mountains instead. though vanilla also took considerable liberties in painting places dangerous that were trivial ingame, and the other way round"

TR_terrain_AI_rock_12 TR_4-14 (-2,-13) -12916 -104873 1953 "caspers to the sea side"

Also here's buggy stuff from the Heartland report thread:

Terrain_rocks_AI_02 TR_4-14 (-2,-15) -12893 -120470 2032 "caspering"

Terrain_rocks_AI_03 TR_4-14 (-2,-13) -15107 -104032 3654 "casper slightly"

flora_tree_ai_02 TR_4-14 (-2,-14) -13695 -110430 4423 "very slight root caspering"

Terrain_rocks_AI_03 TR_4-14 (-4,-13) -29086 -101900 1460 "float"

Terrain_rocks_AI_02 TR_4-14 (-2,-14) -15841 -110392 4053 "slight casper"

TR_terrain_AI_rock_08 TR_4-14 (-3,-13) -20738 -98522 -1583 "shading mismatch on cell border (not claim border!)"

TR_terrain_AI_rock_18 TR_4-14 (-3,-12) -23819 -97240 -2219 "shading mismatch on cell border (not claim border!)"

flora_bc_grass_01 TR_4-14 (-2,-14) -13740 -110710 3791 "sunk too deep"

ex_longboat TR_4-14 (-3,-14) -24079 -107368 84 "gangplank needed maybe"
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I'll get this stuff fixed asap. Thanks arvis.
arvisrend wrote:...I wasn't able to free the vampire in the tomb
I just tested that again but for me it worked fine. Curious. You weren't able to free her how? Didn't she teleport away properly or...?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I was speaking strictly of myself, not of the game. I haven't figured out where the activator is.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

arvisrend wrote:I was speaking strictly of myself, not of the game. I haven't figured out where the activator is.
Ah! :) The activator for the gate is in "Rith-Ilviryon Ancestral Tomb, The Gatekeeper's Ossuary"
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

New final file up.

change log:

* Fixed the caspers / floaters / shading mismatches.
* "TR_m4_mirranzij" now offers training if PC Strenght >= 70, plus her mercantile is now 40
* Fixed the dialogue typos arvis mentioned as well as a couple of others
* corrected "TR_m4_midesi ouradas"'s mentioning of "great predators of Roth Roryn rarely wander here" to the more appropriate "The Asskhaed Coast has no large predators to speak of"
* "TR_m4_Kathellomar" now doesn't blabber so much about the commandant's illness and is much less rude if the player is higher rank in the TR_ImperialLegion than himself

the bookart file for "Scout's Guide to Teyn": http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/files/tr_teynregion_377_253_157.tga
Attachments
Clean TR_Map4_4-14-NPC_Rats_AUGUSTv2.esp
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Thoughts?