Post by Why »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q2-34-Tri (#2579)
Faction: Temple
Parent claim: TR_2-23-Ind (#86)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

M2 Tribunal Temple quests design thread. Feel free to post all sorts of ideas here - pilgrimages, actual quests, etc. I'm not sure if we'll need actual quest lines for Akamora and Sailen, but if you have ideas for those by all means share them here. Necrom is definitely getting an elaborate quest line, but miscs for that area are obviously welcome too.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Some time ago I have promised to post a summary of the Temple quests I have suggested over the time. As with most of what I have been promising, I would keep procrastinating it until kingdom come, given that the Temple wasn't that high on our priority list. But with the surge in quester activity that we have now, we might rethink this and put up some Temple quest claims even before we have figured out a big overarching storyline and know where we are going. Or better not?

So here's stuff I have been proposing (all titles are working titles):

(1) The Last Rite [Necrom]

This is an updated version of something I proposed in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=303532&highlight=blight#303532]the Necrom ext claim thread[/url].

Ralis Andolith [an NPC already done long ago] in Necrom's Charnelworks Mortuary offers this job (preferrably with a topic in the main greeting; otherwise it will be too easy to miss). He says that a ship has arrived at the docks of Necrom, carrying the remains of fighters (Buoyant Armigers? ordinators?) fallen in battle against the Sixth House. As usual, the ship is being held in quarantine, because some of the corpses are blighted, and he has sent a healer to disinfect the corpses; however, the healer has not reported back yet, and the ship is still under quarantine. Ralis suspects there is some problem with the officials [whom exactly?], and shows annoyance at the fact that they don't seem to pay the least respect to those who sacrified their lives to the survival of Vvardenfell.

He asks the player if he is able to cast Cure Blight on others. If yes, he is very happy (the happiness is slightly tarnished by inconfidence that the player really knows this spell). If no, he gives the player some scrolls and instructs him not to, ehm, lose them. Either way, you (:= the player) have not only to cure the corpses, but to get some paper signed by an officer from the Docks Administration that the ship is safe.

Arriving at the ship [which I don't think has been interiored yet, but I might be wrong], you (:= the player) indeed see some officer from the Docks Administration [NPC must be made] upholding the quarantine. (Either the gangplank connecting the ship with the harbor is blocked, or the trapdoor to the hold is locked.) After some dialogue, he gives you access to the ship and follows you there until you reach the upper deck (where he stops following you and finds himself a place not in your way; this isn't possible on the lower deck...).

You find the corpses in the hold, on both decks, along with some low-rank Temple people and the visibly annoyed crew. They tell you to use the scrolls (or spell) on the corpses, and possibly split some of the work with you (if you trust some of your scrolls to them). The number of Cure Blight scrolls should be the number of corpses + 1 or alike. After you are done, the officer produces the papers (presumably he was able to hear your cure spells from above deck). Return with that to Ralis, who thanks you (even with some nice but non-unique item if you return the redundant scrolls he gave you or did it without scrolls). He advises you to join the Temple in the unlikely case you haven't already (yes, this needs not necessarily be a Temple-only quest).

Things to think about: Why was the Temple healer, who was originally supposed to cure those corpses, delayed? My first idea was that, due to the absence of the Alma Rula and the inflexibility of the Necrom bureaucracy, some things are not getting done in the Temple. But this is too abstract and I've been told it is a bad idea. A probably better idea is that this Temple healer had some quarrel with the Docks officer (say, the Docks officer wanted the healer to convince him of his legitimacy by showing him his healing abilities, possibly even healing some of his relatives, but the healer declined), and as a consequence wasn't even allowed on the ship. (Maybe Ralis tells this to the player once he has returned.)

On the technical side, I am not sure how we should implement the corpses. If we really make them dead, they won't register spells cast on them. If we only give them zero fatigue, there is no guarantee that they will really be lying, and even then they will be breathing. Maybe a paralysis spell should be cast on them constantly?

(2) Cattle theft

This shouldn't be a low-rank quest. A Temple pilgrim has gone missing during a pilgrimage or a job, and os suspected to have been captured by vampires. [This needs a pilgrimage site sufficiently close to a vampire ruin/cave/tomb.] You have to free him and get rid of the vampires. Just killing the vampires is not enough because he has been brainwashed/commanded/benighted (as all cattle, apparently), and the death of the vampires just leaves him in a confused state. You can return to the questgiver to get some experimental spell combination tailored to bring a lost sheep back on the path of Almsivi. (This might be challenging to script.) Once you have done this, the lost pilgrim does follow you back to the Temple.

When you return from the next quest in the questline (whatever that is), you are told that the rescued pilgrim had gone on a rampage in the Temple and had to be slain after killing some others. Apparently the mind fixing didn't work well.

I hope this is compatible with our vampire lore.

(3) Defiled sanctuary I (Akamora, Sailen or Necrom?)

The tomb of the Falanos family has been robbed, desecrated and, to add insult to injury, locked by a gang of thieves. (Alternatively, by some enemies of the family.) The family has called on the Temple to set things right. Your job (at least for this quest) is to pay the tomb a visit, unlock all the doors that have been locked, and remove all that doesn't belong there. You get some unlocking/fortify-security spells/enchantments (the locks are strong or else the Falanos would have taken care of that themselves). You find some stuff that has no place in a tomb: currently there is a book called "I'm my own grandpa" lying around, but I guess we should add some necromancer books, a corpse of a nixhound (scripted not to disappear until disposed of by the player), possibly some unslightly figures made out of arrows, and whatever else shit we can come up with. The player has to remove these things from the tomb. We should also add more broken urns, but these aren't for the player to fix.

Technicalities: the nixhound corpse should respawn and be scripted to be disabled once activated (and ever after).

(4) Defiled sanctuary II (Akamora?)

Unrelated to (3). A Temple wayshrine somewhere in the outback has been defiled by Daedra cultists and now curses people who pray at it. You are to exorcise the shrine. You get a cleansing spell or better a book that you are supposed to read at the shrine. Staying true to hack&slash traditions, you'll have to face some waves of Daedra during the exorcism, unless we can come up with something more imaginative. You can check whether the shrine is safe by activating it.

Unfortunately this isn't likely to be a good low-rank quest, so we won't end up implementing it very soon, I guess.

There is a shrine near the Valley of Mephala which looks suited for this quest.

(5) Mugan Crypt (Akamora or Sailen)

You can get this quest only once you are finished with the [url=http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23570]"Interview with a Vampire" quest for the Akamora Guild of Mages[/url]. The questgiver tells you to put an end to a vampire clan that has settled in the Mugan crypt (an ancient crypt that needs a backstory, probably religious; I don't think it should be a plain family tomb). The questgiver notices that this is urgent because certain mages seem to have acquired a liking for the vampires in there (a nice way to tell the player "we're watching you"). The quest is straightforward: kill the vampires, return for the reward.

The quest might be given by a forcegreeting, since we shouldn't expect players to talk to every NPC over and over.

(6) The missionary questline

These ideas are very old and not completely mine.

There should be a missionary questline for the Temple. As a missionary, you will have to convince several people of the True Faith by preaching to them, discussing with them, showing compassion, care etc.; I think it will be a good antipole to the mostly-combat gameplay of the existing Temple quests.

Emphasis should be made on having the player choose from several dialogue choices, some of them better, some worse. Raising disposition (bribe etc.) shouldn't be that much important. Of course, the usual methods to get people on your side apply, like listening carefully to people who sound like they have noone who listens to them, investigating the background of those you want to preach to, rhetorics and propaganda.

Quests can vary in difficulty and solution. One quest could be preaching to some Telvanni spies which have been sent by their master to spy on the Indoril(?). These spies aren't currently doing any spy work; they are just lurking in some cave, either unable to decipher their instructions, or waiting for their instructions to come. Their master has basically sent them on their mission to get rid of them since they were interferring with his work. At least, this is what you should enlighten them about. Once you have convinced them, it will become much easier to get them to disavow their master and maybe one of them to actually join the Temple.

As a bonus, they might actually get instructions from their master at some point, and will tell him to bugger off.

For a more daring quest, what about convincing some Imperial missionary to switch to the Temple? But we'd need a very good quester to pull this off.

An Imperial scholar is writing a treatise on cults in the provinces. Try to influence his stance on the Morrowind ones.

For a slight change from missionizing: Some booksellers have started vending some books the Temple doesn't like, possibly Imperial-written. Make them remove them from their assortment.

Some quests might be too ambitious (preaching to the Guild of Mages?) and you get a choice to convince your questgiver that the plan won't work. But, of course, this should be at the very end of the questline; a novice shouldn't likely be deciding things like this.

Sorry for the rough writing; it's 4AM now and I'm running out of time to procrastinate my other work...
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Posting some ideas I remember from npcing Akamora:

The Temple in Akamora doesn't like how the local Indoril nobles are paying more attention to their bickering than their traditional duties of upholding the faith and providing for the poor.

The Temple owns one of the egg mines in Akamora, Abanidanon Egg Mine, which it uses to provide employment for down-on-their-luck Dunmer. As such, it's more a charity "teach a man to fish rather than giving them fish" operation rather than a focused effort by the Temple to make money.

I'm sure the Temple would be interested in fighting the vampires of Dun Akafell. The valley of Mephala is also very close to Akamora. Perhaps something can be made out of this.

The bloat miners of nearby Hlersis live a wretched existance. I'm sure the Temple would want to help make their lives better. Probably something along the lines of healing people of their sickness, since the constant exsposure to bloat spores makes Hlersis's populace very unhealthy.

I remember there being a dead Necrom ordinator sorrounded by some Telvanni in the proximity of Tomaril Manor.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

arvisrend wrote: (3) Defiled sanctuary I (Akamora, Sailen or Necrom?)

Your job (at least for this quest) is to pay the tomb a visit, unlock all the doors that have been locked, and remove all that doesn't belong there. [...]
possibly some unslightly figures made out of arrows, and whatever else shit we can come up with. The player has to remove these things from the tomb.
When the player reports completion on this, you can maybe delay the modular reward for a few days/the next quest, and wait for the family to check on the state of the tomb (off-screen). So as to avoid the "omniscient questgiver" thing - the kind who knows exactly to what extent the player cleaned the place. Vanilla gets away with it fine, but if the player gets scolded right away for not noticing an arrow dick...

arvisrend wrote: (4) Defiled sanctuary II (Akamora?)

Unrelated to (3). A Temple wayshrine somewhere in the outback has been defiled by Daedra cultists and now curses people who pray at it. You are to exorcise the shrine. You get a cleansing spell or better a book that you are supposed to read at the shrine. Staying true to hack&slash traditions, you'll have to face some waves of Daedra during the exorcism, unless we can come up with something more imaginative.
Could have NPCs defending the player for a change! Either Daedra attacking the player don't disrupt the exorcism, or the NPCs can be instructed on which spots to guard, given weapons...
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

arvisrend wrote:For a more daring quest, what about convincing some Imperial missionary to switch to the Temple? But we'd need a very good quester to pull this off.
And you (:= the player) have to challenge the missionary to a duel of faith, go to tomb/cave together, there you (:= the player) must endure the (magical) attacks of an atronach for some time, then the atronach attacks the missionary the same way, but the missionary can't stand it like you (:= the player) and cries for help, you (:= the player) kill the atronach and the missionary gladly joins the temple...
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Re: the Necrom boat, have the Armiger corpses use the 'death' animations we use in the Necrom Morgue, but still be technically alive.

On 5), a faction quest that requires you to have completed a quest in another faction is a bad idea, unless it's just as a bonus 'interaction' quest rather than a necessary part of progression. Also a faction quest given by ForceGreeting would be strange.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Re: the Necrom boat, have the Armiger corpses use the 'death' animations we use in the Necrom Morgue, but still be technically alive.
Do we have death animations there? I thought these were just corpses. Their health is 0 and so they can't record spells getting cast on them.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:On 5), a faction quest that requires you to have completed a quest in another faction is a bad idea, unless it's just as a bonus 'interaction' quest rather than a necessary part of progression. Also a faction quest given by ForceGreeting would be strange.
Yes, this should be a bonus quest you get if you are both in the Temple and past that MG quest. And not from the usual questgiver.

I explain the ForceGreeting by the fact that the quest is a kind of tacit accusation against the player, in the sense of "son, I am disappoint". Still strange?
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Yep, I made them dead so the player won't notice the difference, but they're in a special 'lying straight down' pose that Adanorcil made that is purely animation based: so it could just as easily be applied to living NPCs (as long as they're Paralyzed too).

The alternative would be to do something like I did for the Helnim Imperial Cult quests, where the player appears to cast a spell on a book but the game's really testing for a spell being cast on a hidden nearby creature instead.

Cool, bonus quest is fine and fun.

Morrowind tends to use ForceGreeting only as an entry into combat, so it's always strange in another context.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

6plus wrote:
arvisrend wrote:For a more daring quest, what about convincing some Imperial missionary to switch to the Temple? But we'd need a very good quester to pull this off.
And you (:= the player) have to challenge the missionary to a duel of faith, go to tomb/cave together, there you (:= the player) must endure the (magical) attacks of an atronach for some time, then the atronach attacks the missionary the same way, but the missionary can't stand it like you (:= the player) and cries for help, you (:= the player) kill the atronach and the missionary gladly joins the temple...
Cool idea!

Unrelated:

(7) The Longest Journey

I think I've figured out the Mainland equivalent to Silent Pilgrimage. No vow of silence this time, but instead you have to follow a (partly cryptic, partly obsolete) book describing the journey of some saint from times gone by, who made a journey from the northeast (Ranyon-Ruhn?) to the northwest (Baan Malur?) corner of Morrowind, by foot (on knees might be stretching it a bit too far), making halt in several places where he made offerings to the Three (possibly to the good Daedra as well) and had some kind of visions or enlightenment. Nowadays these places have shrines commemorating his journey. You are to retrace his journey (given only the book, but occasionally people help you out along the way), making offerings at each shrine (subsequently?). While there is nothing to prevent you from using fast-travel and doing quests along the way, it still makes sense to go by foot because you could otherwise lose track of the path. (Then again, sometimes it might be easier to follow it in reverse, or not at all. The path description is some hundreds years old...)

The shrines can be basically everywhere: caves, mountaintops, Kebra's waterfalls, canyons, Hlersis? (maybe that place was built around the shrine?), underwater??, and wherever else we find places for them. They just shouldn't be spread too randomly over the lands but there should be a reasonable curve connecting them.

Sometimes finding out what's to be offered at the shrines can be a riddle for itself. (We just shouldn't make it as confusing as the vanilla waterbreathing riddle.)

For extra dramatic effect, the player might hear some news in the Temples he passes along the way. MW players are used to nothing happening without their intervention, and this quest could be a way to make some "change of scenery" that prepares the player to the higher Temple quests.

The hard part will be to get a lore guru to write the book, obviously...
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Some good ideas so far, nice work.

What we need to consider is whether or not we want actual quest lines for the Akamora and Sailen temples. I don't think this is truly necessary, but a few miscellaneous quests for Temple members are always welcome, and good ideas can always be implemented.

For pilgrimage sites in this area, I think we can do something with the Shrine of Hindsight near Akamora, the one that's also mentioned in the Fighters Guild questline. Though at some point, we need to decide whether or not we want to move away from the endless pilgrimages, and instead treat the Temple as a proper guild with low-level quests.

edit: on arvisrend's longest journey thing, I definitely like something like that for later. Though I myself was thinking about having the player retrace Veloth's journey from <some point at the border> to the stack of stones for the people who died during the exodus in Necrom, or something along those lines.
Last edited by Why on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

General idea: Vow of Poverty. I think either official lore or a TR gospel book mentions it in one saint's life?

Could perhaps be woven in with:
arvisrend wrote: (7) The Longest Journey

I think I've figured out the Mainland equivalent to Silent Pilgrimage. [...]
- as in, the player mustn't have / acquire or spend, any gold in between some or all of these pilgrimages.
And/or one of the shrines' offering could be all of the player's gold, regardless of the amount - technically: said amount could be recorded sometime beforehand to avoid save-scumming / enforce roleplaying. (but that would have to be done somewhere with no possible merchant interaction between recording gold and reaching the shrine like at the entrance of an interior, or through a short vow of silence between two shrines...)

</idea>

Why edit: St. Rilms?
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

rot wrote:
Why edit: St. Rilms?
Ya! (why no can edit ;;)

But I don't think the bare-footed thing from Rilms can be technically done, unless it's acceptable to have an item named "Bare Feet" in the player's inventory... (force-equipped invisible shoes)

Ooor, perhaps, by combining bare-footed with the requirement to wear a cheap garb and nothing else, one can check that the player keeps to it by having an invisible creature follow at all time, constantly attempting to force-greet with only one greeting conditioned on >PCClothing.

(alright, that's stretching it)
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

(8) Test of Faith

An imperial cult missionary has been trying to convert temple members recently, the temple can't tolerate this, thus you will have to convert him instead. The master/patriarch wants you to show that missionary the superiority of Almsivi.

You challenge the missionary to a duel of faith, consisting of three individual contests. The first contest is a duel of preaching: it's purely dialogue-based, the missionary gives a statement, then you have 2-3 possible answers and so fort. This contest ends in a draw (judged by the spectators).

The second contest is a duel of healing. Both the missionary and you are given the task to heal injured or diseased people (to make it really hard--heal someone who is CURSED!!!), you may use scrolls or magic. This contest also ends in a draw (that means if you can't heal subject X, then the missionary fails too).

The final contest is a duel of enduring. That's where both of you go to this cave/tomb, encounter some daedra, have to endure the daedra's attacks. The missionary is not strong enough, yells for help, you help him and he joins the temple. Everyone's happy.

Bonus: make the time the daedra attacks you depend on how well you spoke and how many people you healed.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

arvisrend wrote: (4) Defiled sanctuary II (Akamora?)

Unrelated to (3). A Temple wayshrine somewhere in the outback has been defiled by Daedra cultists and now curses people who pray at it. You are to exorcise the shrine. You get a cleansing spell or better a book that you are supposed to read at the shrine.
For a "real-time" book, it looks like [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at4YcuyRUtA]wielding one as a lantern[/url] works pretty well.
Haven't checked it ingame but if it's of any use in the future - [url=http://download.fliggerty.com/download-118-355]Midgetalien's resource[/url]
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

(7) The Longest Journey can be made interesting and difficult in a lot of fun ways. For example, there can be a different vow for each section of the pilgrimage. This would, however, mean that you'd most likely be forced to visit the shrines in a predefined order, but still...

Some ideas for the vows:
- Vow of Fasting - the player must not eat or drink anything apart from water. No potions or booze.
- Vow of Peace - the player must not draw any of his weapons (or use any offensive magic).
- Vow of Calm (can't think of a better antonym for hurry) - the player must walk (as opposed to run) all the way to the next pilgrimage checkpoint. No levitation either.

And so on, you get the general idea. Rot's Vow of Poverty, would fit in with the rest wonderfully. Some of those vows would definitely be frustrating, but we could always compensate that by coupling the hardest ones with the shortest routes and vice versa. Vows could also be cumulative (for example, for the part A, you make the vow of fasting, then for the part B you ALSO make the vow of poverty etc.), but I guess that would be... Sadistic :D
Terrifying Daedric Foe
Developer

Post by Terrifying Daedric Foe »

adamantum wrote:(7) The Longest Journey can be made interesting and difficult in a lot of fun ways. For example, there can be a different vow for each section of the pilgrimage. This would, however, mean that you'd most likely be forced to visit the shrines in a predefined order, but still...

Some ideas for the vows:
- Vow of Fasting - the player must not eat or drink anything apart from water. No potions or booze.
- Vow of Peace - the player must not draw any of his weapons (or use any offensive magic).
- Vow of Calm (can't think of a better antonym for hurry) - the player must walk (as opposed to run) all the way to the next pilgrimage checkpoint. No levitation either.

And so on, you get the general idea. Rot's Vow of Poverty, would fit in with the rest wonderfully. Some of those vows would definitely be frustrating, but we could always compensate that by coupling the hardest ones with the shortest routes and vice versa. Vows could also be cumulative (for example, for the part A, you make the vow of fasting, then for the part B you ALSO make the vow of poverty etc.), but I guess that would be... Sadistic :D
I like this idea. It could be a requisite to enter the higher levels of the Temple and the receive the top level quests. The first few questlines could set up the situation across Morrowind, then you do this long pilgrimage whilst everything develops behind the scenes, and then you when you finish the pilgrimage it's time for the endgame to play out.
'The strange thing about TR is that I think it is by and large accepted that we will finish. We are all the sort of crazy people that would do such a thing. We are inevitable.' ~ Thrignar Fraxix
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Surely a slight necromancy is not entirely inappropriate here...

At the end of the Ranyon-Ruhn questline, Ratagos sends you to report to Necrom. If I understand things correctly, the whole questline was designed as a build-up for a confrontation with a joinable Molag Bal cult faction. I'm guessing the joinable part is below bottom priority right now... Still, perhaps this would be the place to tie up that questline somehow?
Kaz
Developer

Post by Kaz »

Hope nobody minds a little bit of necromancy (just a little! look, it's barely a bonewalker at all!)

I am happy to brainstorm Akamora a little... idk if we're taking my showcase into TR? but if so I've got something of a character in mind for Gilas Indalor, the head priest at the Akamora Temple (kindly and willing to believe the best of people, but also a little overly proud and self-righteous) and could work with that.

One idea I had was that the Akamora Temple seems a little empty, with only two people plus a guard. Combining that with the issues they have about Indoril nobles not doing their duties, and maybe they could try recruiting among their children - the hope being that if one of the younger generation joins the Temple, that family will remember their duty to the Temple more. If not full-scale joining the Temple, it could also be persuading one of them to go on pilgrimages. So you'd be sent to talk to various people in the manors (I admit I'm not fully up on the NPC relations there - is Llathyno Indaren meant to be Seras Indaren's wife? Daughter?) One of them can be convinced. (As said I am not up on NPCs, suggestions?) It would be cool if the convincing were more complicated than a simple disposition check - maybe give the player different options along the lines of quoting from Saryoni's Sermons (hard version: it's not just a check whether you have the book, you the player actually have to remember some of the lines), talking about one of the pilgrimages you did, or whatever.

At this point (second quest?), our intrepid new Layman is ready to do things for the Temple, and we all know what that means... pilgrimages. Since you're the person who did those most recently, they ask you for advice, what to take with them, which shrines to go for, and maybe help procuring certain items they might need. (Okay, so this bit doesn't tie in with their being noble... unless they're doing this as a sort of rebellious act and not telling their parents. Actually, that would be kind of cool if one could write it plausibly.) Depending on how good your advice is and what kind of items you get them, the pilgrimage can have different outcomes - worst being the NPC dying in some remote place (and you probably getting sent to find their corpse), best being them coming back triumphant after a month or so bubbling over with enthusiasm and spirituality. There's probably intermediate options, like you needing to rescue them or them coming back and running straight back home. This would be dependent on things like how good the equipment you got them was, but possibly also things like... there were clues in their dialogue about what pilgrimages would be better suited to them, did you pick up on those or did you send the mer with a major case of seasickness to the Isle of the Arches?

Disclosure: I haven't played through the quests affecting the Akamora nobles yet, so have no idea if this would clash with their questlines. It could also be a random person from the town who you recruit, I just thought approaching the local nobility would tie in with the Akamora Temple being annoyed at them being remiss in their duties.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Quest idea, possibly for Almalexia? Needs a cook.

Your Temple questgiver got wind of an outlander gourmet cook boasting an "Oblivion-Grilled" Something (make up fancier name) on their menu. Even though the veracity of the claim is doubtful, that doesn't sit well with the Temple - trivialising the House of Troubles and such. You're sent to deal with it.
You can intimidate, convince or trick the cook. Some ideas: find out (speechcraft...) the cook doesn't know how to conjure oblivionfire anyway, or convince the cook that you can't grill/bake that way conjuring a fake flame over food (illusion skillcheck in dialogue) then threaten to denounce them if they don't change the name of the dish. Or teach the cook a faulty conjuration spell (conjuration ~), leave and let them kill themselves.