Kyro's Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

WilKyro
Developer

Kyro's Interior Showcase

Post by WilKyro »

Hi My name is Will, I also go by "Kyromods" on the official forums. I've been modding Morrowind for a few years now. I heard a while back, ya'll need more interiors and quests. While I may be no good at making quests, I feel pretty confident in my interior making skills. I've always enjoyed the TR team and this great effort, so I figured maybe I can do something to help out. So here's my showcase:

The cell is K_TR_01
Attachments
Clean Kyro's TR Showcase.esp
Just the cell: K_TR_01
(10.08 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Hello Will, I'm no reviewer, but I've just been through my own Int Showcase, so I'm sure I can help with a few things.

Not much wrong with your Int from what I can see, but you should definitely remove the NPC and all the ownership related to it. Also put down a north marker and compare your cells light settings with a similar vanilla cell, they're quite different.

Adding a window might also be good (since it's very common for Hlaalu houses to have at least one) and there are also some objects that could fit the surface better (especially chest_small_01_gold_50).

Fix those issues before a wild reviewer appears and you should have an easy time :)
WilKyro
Developer

Post by WilKyro »

Thanks for the help Ragox. Here is the fixed version.
Attachments
Kyro's TR Showcase_v2.esp
Fixed the things Ragox mentioned.
(7.16 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Heya! Welcome to the forums! I'm sure someone'll be along to review your showcase, I'm not much of a reviewer myself unfortunately, I just came to say hi!
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

A wild Rats appeared! Rats used Review!

Hi, Will (or Kyro, which ever you prefer) and welcome to TR! :)

I took a look at your latest file and it's good, solid work. The light/ambient settings are good, there's a northmarker, the file's clean and I like the overall feel of the interior. A few minor things though:

---

"misc_de_pitcher_01" on the bookshelf is bleeding a little with the "bk_Anticipations"; moving it some 0.20 units on the Y axis will fix this.

"furn_de_tapestry_10" (4529, 5097, 15378)
"furn_de_tapestry_07" (4649, 4740, 15378)
"furn_de_tapestry_10" (4541, 4375, 15378) The rope knot part on these three tapesties are bleeding to the wall. Moving the tapestries a bit further from the wall will fix this.

"crate_01_eggs" (4594, 4841, 15205) the corner of the crate is bleeding to the wall, not that anyone without over 9000 microscopes would ever notice

"chest_small_01_gold_50" on the drawer is still a little problematic with some bleeding to the surface below (most noticeably the left front corrner of the chest). I would raise this just a tiny, tiny bit (like 0.15-0.25 units) and fine tune the rotation a bit.

---

These are little nitpicks and it shouldn't take long for you to fix them. The small chests on uneven surfaces like the drawer are frustrating, but manageable. Fix the things listed above and you'll have my recommendation.

Oh, and, about this:
WilKyro wrote:While I may be no good at making quests
Never say never! :) You seem to know your way around the CS so quest making shouldn't be that difficult to learn.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

I found some errors myself. Rats might already have found them, but in case he didn't, here they are.

- active_de_p_bed_28 floating
- knot of furn_de_tapestry_10 bleeding into ceiling; a few other bleeding tapestries with the same problem
- chest_small_01_gold_50 bleeding slightly into drawers, which is even more visible due to its dark edge
- misc_de_cloth10 floating
- light_de_candle_09_94 rotated on X-axis; I don't know why you did this, since it's resting on an even surface
- misc_com_plate_04 improperly placed, bleeding into table; the other plate on the tabe is partially floating

You could also throw in a dozen more objects to boost the refcount to 100+.
Le vent nous portera

Tea is important! - Cathartis
WilKyro
Developer

Post by WilKyro »

Alright, I've addressed everything ya'll have mentioned. I did fix the chest, but ended up moving it when I added a few more objects.
Here ya go.
Attachments
Clean Kyro's TR Showcase v3.esp
Cell: K_TR_01
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

You fixed the knot bleeding to the wall/ceiling, but moving the tapestries a bit too much caused bleeding issues:

"furn_de_tapestry_10" (4529, 5086, 15378) bleeding to "furn_de_p_bookshelf_01"
"furn_de_tapestry_07" (4638, 4735, 15378) bleeding to "crate_01_eggs" and "crate_01_food"
"furn_de_tapestry_10" (4541, 4388, 15378) bleeding to "de_drawers_02_mclothes4"

Just back 'em up a little.

Other minor things:

"light_de_candle_09_94" (4582, 4757, 15255) still needlessly rotated on X axis when X should be zero
"sc_paper plain" floats
"misc_com_plate_04" (4262, 4809, 15230) bleeds microscopically to the table

You're on the right track! Keep up the good work.
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

EDIT: DISREGARD THIS POST
Nothing to see here, moving on
Le vent nous portera

WilKyro
Developer

Post by WilKyro »

Alright, lets try this again.
Attachments
Clean Kyro's TR Showcase V4.esp
(8.22 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Jule
Reviewer

Post by Jule »

common_pants_02 could have been 'f'-ed once more and the book Origin of the Mages' Guild could have been moved slightly as not to bleed into Cantats of Vivec, but otherwise this is fine.

Recommended for promotion.
Le vent nous portera

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Congrats!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1y19L64N3Q]Member Promoted for Interiors[/url]

If you have any questions, post them here or PM myself and/or the relevant department head.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
WilKyro
Developer

Post by WilKyro »

Thanks. One question. Is there anything I need to do before claiming an interior?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Nope. Feel free to head to the department and jump on in.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Welcome aboard!