i5-64-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-64-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-64-Red (#2644)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-13-Red (#180)
Claimed by: Tes96
Local map: 5-13 Redoran village
Files: TR_i5-64-Red_Tes96_1.esp

---

(-29, 4) #1 See local map. Guard tower that protects the hamlet.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

This will be a simple Redoran guard tower; nothing fancy. Simple dunmer bunk beds, basic living quarters. Will use Bonemold armor and a couple bonemold bows and arrows. I presume these will be Redoran guards dressed in bonemold armor. Two guards here.

Even though this is a Redoran village, should there be any Bloodmoon clothing used to show that it is cold here? There isn't any dunmer clothing that is really designed for cold weather.

Also, what's the difference between furn_redoran_shelf1_01 and furn_redoran_shelf_03?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Yes - do use BM clothing / items for this interior.

There is NO difference between furn_redoran_shelf1_01 and furn_redoran_shelf_03. Looks like BETH was doing some name changing and forgot to remove shelf_03. Using either one is fine.

Granting.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

1. The guards here will wear vanilla bonemold armor but what are the Redoran Hero, Redoran Master and Redoran Watchman armors used for?

2. What is the purpose of having TR_furn_de_chair_02 when furn_de_p_chair_02 is exactly the same thing? Same for a lot of the other furniture. Why create a new ID for an object that is identical to the vanilla one?

3. How are TR_furn_com_rope_02 & 03 used as far as placement? Are they for docks? Because I could never figure out how to place them in interiors.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

1. There are NPCs called Redoran Watchman - they are guards and wear the watchman armor. Not sure what/who they guard since they have not been used yet. There is also a Redoran Class called Master-of-Arms, who appears to wear the Hero armor. There is no mention of this stuff in the House Redoran Brainstorming topic/pdf. Hopefully another lead can provide more information on these armor sets.

2. Unfortunately, quality control for new meshes has never been really implemented here for new items. Hence, that is why I've been working on fixing all the models. There is a slight difference between the TR_furn_de_chair_02 and the furn_de_p_chair_02 - the furn_de_p_chair_02 has a mesh/texture on the bottom of the legs. Use the furn_de_p_chair_02 whenever you need to see the underside; stacking chairs, or a ransacked house ...

3. TR_furn_com_rope_02 / 03 are funky to say the least. If you use the CS, load the mainland and alpha files, then "Edit" -> "Find" the TR_furn_com_rope_02, you will see some good placements of that rope. Why it was designed like that - I don't know. But do try to make it look like it is hanging naturally, and do put the pointed end of the spike into the wall (I have seen some ints with the spike point sticking out). As for the 03 rope - it really hasn't been used yet, at least in the current mainland/alpha files, but I have used it on a tree branch once. So do use them in your ints, they are not just for docks.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote: 2. Unfortunately, quality control for new meshes has never been really implemented here for new items. Hence, that is why I've been working on fixing all the models. There is a slight difference between the TR_furn_de_chair_02 and the furn_de_p_chair_02 - the furn_de_p_chair_02 has a mesh/texture on the bottom of the legs. Use the furn_de_p_chair_02 whenever you need to see the underside; stacking chairs, or a ransacked house ...
What was the reason for making the same furniture but with the missing bottom parts? It wasn't to save on frame rate, was it?

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Guard tower is finished. No rugs in here deliberately. This is a vary bare barracks-style tower for guards; not really a place for comfort. No clothing chests, so BM_wool clothing is placed in bottom level.

There are silver spears and a steel weapon crate. I'm assuming the Redoran guards will have their own weapons and armor already equipped on them. But the silver weapons are there because the hamlet is very close to Skyrim and there have been sightings of werewolves nearby in the past. So you never know when you may need them. It's pretty calm for the most part around the hamlet.

Only two Dark Elf Redoran guards live here, rotating 12 hour shifts 7 days a week. One guard is a Hierling who is younger and takes the night shift. The other is a Retainer, older and more experienced who is on day shift. The Hierling is sleeping with the #7 interior woman when her husband is away doing quests for House Redoran. The Retainer is married to the daughter in the #2 Manor and has morals.

The Retainer guard knows all about what is going on and doesn't approve but since they are good friends, he just warns his fellow Hierling to be careful and hope that #7 woman's husband doesn't find out.
Last edited by Tes96 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review.