i5-65-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-65-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-65-Red (#2645)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-13-Red (#180)
Claimed by: Tes96
Local map: 5-13 Redoran village
Files: TR_i5-65-Red_Tes96_1.esp; TR_i5-65-Red_Tes96_2.esp; TR_i5-65-Red_Tes96_3.esp

---

(-29, 4) #2 See local map. The manor of a local family who has some power in the region. Nothing too major. Use either de_rm or de_r, but remember this is the manor of a very minor family in the middle of nowhere, near the border with Skyrim. Modest luxury.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

I'll also claim the manor for the hamlet. If I may, I'll do the whole hamlet. It's relatively small and has been sitting here since 2013. I'm almost finished with the guard tower I claimed yesterday.

Manor with some power in Rift Pass. A Dark Elf married couple share the main bed and three kids for the other room. The husband is a Kinsman and the wife is a Lawman in House Redoran. They are in charge of, amongst other duties, collecting the monthly land fees and taxes and making sure the hamlet is safe from creatures and travelers who pass through.

They have three children, a daughter in her late teens, a son in his early teens and the youngest daughter who is in her adolescence [i](for the game they'll just be standard dunmer NPCs. They can be replaced by external mods in the future).[/i] All three kids share a room. The eldest daughter is married to the Retainer redoran guard in the #1 Guard Tower but she still lives in the Manor. She'll often stay with him in the barracks over night since there isn't much room for him to stay in the manor and there is more privacy for them in the guard tower. Her parents like him but they would have preferred she married someone of higher stature and rank in House Redoran. But he seems like a good man and works hard, so they have faith that he'll rise through the ranks in time.

The other two kids take after their parents and learn how to be good and dutiful Redorans, cooking, cleaning, learning how to manage Redoran affairs...
Last edited by Tes96 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Just so you know, all the current claims just came out in the past few weeks. They haven't been sitting in the queue since 2013.

Some things to keep in mind while doing this claim.
1) This is the first settlement in Morrowind for the people coming from Skyrim through the Rift Pass. (or the last one for people heading to Skyrim). I would expect these people to be very proud of that fact, and to be very proud being Redoran. This can probably be handled better with dialogue - but keep that in mind.
2)Just down the road to the west, is the Rift Pass, and down the road to the east is the really interesting town of Soluthis (-24,5), the Redoran city in the cave. There are vendors at both locations, so they are not that isolated. Plus there would be many Dunmer on pilgrimage to the Rift Pass.
3)Consider one of the bedrooms for a Retainer or Oathman or possibly just a servant/slave for this family.
4)This family has the responsibility for keeping this hamlet safe.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Manor is finished.
Created a blank document, possibly something to do with over due taxes from the hamlet being owed to the House.
ID: TR_bk_m5-65_parchment

Only used BM_wool and TR expensive clothing and a couple Redoran clothing.

The third pillow on the bed where the kids sleep has two cookies beneath it. Probably something barely anybody will find but it's just a fun little surprise to show that the youngest of the children hid cookies in the bed.

When designing their bedrooms I chose to keep them similar, since the elders are role models for the youngsters; i.e. Gravity, as is described nicely [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=23781]here[/url].

There's a little shrine area for story telling, family praying and lessons. These kids do all the cooking, cleaning and learn how to be good Redorans for when they get older, so they follow their parents behavior and abide by their rules. Naturally, if the parents do something carelessly, so do the kids.

These kids will just be standard NPCs but are meant to simulate children. You get the idea.

There are lots of blank rolled papers and I'm wanting them to eventually be filled with letters, documents, notices, requests, assignments, warnings, etc...

Also, I placed silver weapons here because being so close to Skyrim, as I've said in the guard tower claim, there have been sightings of werewolves nearby in the past. Whether or not a [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/File:DB-npc-Werebear.jpg]werebear[/url] would cross the border is yet to be determined; highly unlikely I would say.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Before I send this off to review - just a quick question - Why the torches? When I see torches I think of Imperial structures not Dunmer.
Ok - one more question - the key - is that for something? Typically keys are only used if they open something.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:Before I send this off to review - just a quick question - Why the torches? When I see torches I think of Imperial structures not Dunmer.
Ok - one more question - the key - is that for something? Typically keys are only used if they open something.
Torches were just for variety. I didn't think they would be inappropriate as they are quite ubiquitous in Tamriel. But I can replace them with those paper lanterns if that will be more appropriate.
I usually throw a key or two in interiors that have chests that are locked, just to add to the immersion. Should the keys only be used for quest related containers?
I can change this stuff tonight after I get off of work.

In this case, go ahead and replace the torch in the Guard tower as well.

EDIT: I uploaded a new file. I replaced the torches with the paper dunmer lamps and changed the cushion area to have blue lights to give it a different atmosphere. That area is for lecturing, praying, story telling, lessons, mentoring, for the whole family.

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Tes96 wrote:I usually throw a key or two in interiors that have chests that are locked, just to add to the immersion. Should the keys only be used for quest related containers?
No - keys do not need to be for quest related containers. But if the key is meant for a chest or desk it is usually made into a new item TR_key_m5-65_..., then when you lock the container, set the Key variable to this new key id. If you want the container to only open with the key, set the level to 0, any other level number will allow the player to pick the lock.

Let me know if you want to associate the two keys with specific containers, or I can just pick a couple of containers when I do the review.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:
Tes96 wrote:I usually throw a key or two in interiors that have chests that are locked, just to add to the immersion. Should the keys only be used for quest related containers?
No - keys do not need to be for quest related containers. But if the key is meant for a chest or desk it is usually made into a new item TR_key_m5-65_..., then when you lock the container, set the Key variable to this new key id. If you want the container to only open with the key, set the level to 0, any other level number will allow the player to pick the lock.

Let me know if you want to associate the two keys with specific containers, or I can just pick a couple of containers when I do the review.
There's a good foundation of trust in this family so you can make the key applicable for all three small locked chests. They're locked in case visitors come by or if a thief manages to sneak in.

I didn't know that about setting the value to 0. Doesn't make much real-life sense to me as any lock should be pickable since they are nothing more than a hole with mechanical gears inside.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review then