i5-68-Red

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i5-68-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-68-Red (#2648)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-13-Red (#180)
Claimed by: Tes96
Local map: 5-13 Redoran village
Files: TR_i5-68-Red_Tes96_1.esp

---

(-29, 4) #5 See local map. Home to a huntsman. He hunts the wildlife in the area for furs and sells them to the traders who travel through Rift Pass.

Uses de_p furniture.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Huntsman, strong and burly, handsome, devout to the Tribunal, skilled with a long blade and spear, preferring Medium armors, which allow him to run and hunt more efficiently. From what he kills, he eats the meat and sells furs to traders who travel through Rift Pass, which isn't often since it's in the middle of nowhere near the Skyrim border. So mostly he gives furs/hides, and sometimes meat, to #6 woman to take into other towns to sell.

He is secretly sleeping with #7 woman (who is married, by the way) because a single man who hunts also needs a woman to bed as well. ("bed" used as an intransitive verb in this case). He doesn't want to be married and prefers the single life.

He has a suspicion that #4 Healer girl may like him but he pushes it out of his mind. The last thing a hunter needs is to be distracted by a cute female mage.

He has morals and values but not everyone is solely good or bad. Not everything is black or white. And so sleeping with the married woman in #7 house is kind of like his immoral, less virtuous side. He knows it's wrong but he doesn't care. And what nobody doesn't know won't hurt anyone.... unless the Player finds out. :o
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I really like your description, but for now let's leave this one in the unclaimed. If this is still available, after you finish the others, then, if you still want it, its yours.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:I really like your description, but for now let's leave this one in the unclaimed. If this is still available, after you finish the others, then, if you still want it, its yours.
Fair enough. I shall work twice as hard on my current claims then. :)
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:I really like your description, but for now let's leave this one in the unclaimed. If this is still available, after you finish the others, then, if you still want it, its yours.
I finished all the other interiors for the hamlet. May I now claim this last one?

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

May I use BM fur rugs? This guy is a hunter after all. They're right near the border of Skyrim and certainly wolves and bears come through the Rift Pass.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Granted. I don't object to the use a few BM rugs, but use the generic ones (avoid the white ones since those are special to Solstheim).
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

seneca37 wrote:Granted. I don't object to the use a few BM rugs, but use the generic ones (avoid the white ones since those are special to Solstheim).
Will we make our own fur rugs for use in map 5 later on? I know we're planning on making our own custom cold weather clothing for dunmer so that we don't have to use Bloodmoon clothing. The BM rugs could very well just act as placeholders for now.

Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Probably not.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Yeti wrote:Probably not.
Okay. Seneca said in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=324854#324854]this post[/url] that we're not sure if wolves and bears will be in this area. The hunter could go out of his way to hunt wolves and bears in Skyrim or in Solstheim but everybody else I guess will just have to do without them.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

The real problem here is that we just haven't had the time or the manpower to completely get map 5 (the Redoran Area) thought through yet. The House Redoran Brainstorming hasn't been touched since Jan. [url]http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24005[/url], and really should be expanded on. I too have had problems in the past trying to tie my interior into the surroundings. Only to be told to try and do without that information. Unfortunately, the interior claims come out before the whole exterior and plan is finished. It would be nice to know what flora/fauna is planned for each area? What kind of activity is happening at the Pass? What level of difficulty is going to be in each area? These (and much much more) should be in a thread somewhere - easily found. Unfortunately a lot of this information is either difficult to find, or still in the heads of the original designers. I feel we need to post a lot more information about the different areas, so that people have more information to work from.

Now, you have some really good ideas, and write quite well (or is that good :) ). Take a look at the Brainstorming thread, and see what you can come up with. Maybe put your interior work on the back burner and possibly help out with concepts, story, plot development. We could really use help in these areas.

Attached is one of Swiftoak's maps that may help out. It shows the proposed fast-travel routes.
Attachments
Master%20Plan%20[Everything].jpg
(8.55 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I like that map!, but what is being done with the landmass curved up around Ebonheart?
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I'll find out what the deal is with Old Ebonheart (not sure if it is an old idea or a future one). I know that the Port Telvannis area is a future idea.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

The map has a lot of information and is also incomplete, for example the Hoom fast travel network is missing from Uld Vraech as well as the guild guide network. It contains a few ideas that still need to be discussed eventually, but I would suggest just not looking into it too much for now. Any discrepancies on the map will naturally be discussed before we consider implementing them.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Don't make that area a swamp as shown. It is a symptom of overthinking and too many non non improvements. TRV should not be more carved up and swampy than it is.
my opinion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

The map doesn't really suggests that the area would become a swamp. It merely shows it splintered into a more consistent river delta. As Gnomey said, though, we will discuss any changes on the map when the time comes. Swiftoak is merely creating the map as an initial concept sketch and organizational tool, as I understand it.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

River Deltas only appear like that in very flat land. It is typically wetland or sandy stuff, areas a city could never be built. Besides that I like the map, but putting in changes like that isnt cool without discussion and it doesnt really need to be discussed or proposed because it doesnt make sense geologically or practically or for the amount of revision it would require.
my opinion.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I am in the process of making a new TR map that will show our current layout. I know the underlying map I posted has features that are either really old ideas or possible future ideas, but they really shouldn't be on a current working map. The underlying map has been used a lot recently, and I hope that all the work that has been done on that map can be transferred to one that is more up-to-date.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Claim is finished. It's a pretty basic interior. The hunter doesn't have a whole lot of possessions; just the basics for surviving pretty much; used couple wolf rugs from Bloodmoon. He doesn't read or write... at least not very well, which explains why he doesn't have any books or ink wells or quill pens.
Added a new container: TR_sack_m5-68_hunter
Cleaned with TESAME.

I was thinking that since this is the last settlement of Morrowind before heading into Skyrim, we could give the player some useful warnings or advices before crossing the border. I was thinking of something like "watch out for werewolves" as there could have been sightings recently.

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review